Focused Care at Stonebriar is located in Austin, Texas. This city is among the largest cities in the nation with has 940,359 people. We awarded this nursing home an overall grade of D. A score of this caliber typically indicates a few concerning datapoints. Fortunately, if you aren't impressed with this facility, there are countless other options available in this city. If you aren't deterred by this nursing home's report card, you can continue reading to learn more about its category grades. Inspection reports are discussed in the next paragraph.
Focused Care at Stonebriar
- Nursing Home
- Memory Care
Updated Sep 1, 2022 by Nick Reese
110 E Live Oak St,
Austin TX 78704
57.46% estimated occupancy 1
- Accepts Medicare 1
- Accepts Medicaid 1
- Is CCRC
- Has Resident Council
- Has Family Council
- For profit - Corporation
- Offers Post-Acute Care
- Offers Inpatient Rehab
- Personal Care
- Medication Management
- Speech Therapy
- Stroke Recovery
- Amputee Recovery
- IV Antibiotic Therapy
- Occupational Therapy
- Cardiac Therapy
- Physical Therapy
- Respiratory Therapy
- Nutritional Counseling
- Pain Management
Registered Staff Hours
Although we did not rate this facility favorably overall, we want to point out its relatively solid inspections in recent years. We gave it a respectable grade of B+ in this area, which is much better than its overall grade. We take several aspects of a facility's inspection report into consideration in computing our inspection ratings. One critical factor is deficiencies. It should be noted that the severity of deficiencies is usually more important than the number of deficiencies, as some are quite minor. While this nursing home had some deficiencies on its report, none were serious based on CMS' scale. A few minor deficiencies are not necessarily the end of the world.
Long-term Care Quality
This facility's second best category was long-term care. In that category, we gave this facility a grade of B-. In forming these long-term care scores, we analyze the nursing home's personal care services. In addition to looking at the amount of care provided by nurses and other staff, we analyzed the percentage of residents vaccinated against pneumonia. This facility vaccinated 99.31035 percent of its patients, which is better than most nursing homes. This nursing home keeps its patients out of the hospital. In fact, it had less than one hospitalization per one thousand long-term resident days, which is an impressively low figure.
Does this page answer your questions about Focused Care at Stonebriar?
Short-term Care Quality
This nursing home wound up receiving a a very poor score in our short-term care category. It was given a lowly F in this area. In calculating our short-term care ratings, we look at the facility's levels of highly skilled nursing, which includes registered nurses, physical therapists speech therapists and other highly skilled individuals. This category is often a useful assessment of the facility's rehabilitation. With a grade of this caliber for this category, we were not shocked to learn that this place was well below average in multiple staffing areas we assess. The nursing home offered far fewer physical therapist and registered nurse hours per patient than most other facilities. Lastly, we looked at the number of residents who were able to return to the community from this nursing home. This definitely wasn't a strength for this facility. We found that just 0 percent of this nursing home's patients returned home. At most facilities, around half of their residents are able to return home so this is well below average.
The next area we graded was nursing, where this facility was given a rock bottom score in this area as well. Unfortunately, we gave it a lowly F in this area, which is definitely very concerning. The nursing rating assesses several factors, however, the main consideration is the quantity of nurse hours per patient per week. This facility offered just 0.3 hours of nursing care per resident each day. This is a very low total compared to most nursing homes. Finally, we also assessed some nursing quality measures in calculating our nursing scores. This nursing home performed well in terms of avoiding major falls and pressure ulcers. Many consider these data points to be reliable indicators of the quality of nursing care.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
Focused Care at Stonebriar Quality Metrics
Minimizes Pressure Ulcers
In Focused Care at Stonebriar, 7.79% of Patients had Pressure Ulcers
This is the percentage of residents that have had a pressure ulcer. Pressure ulcers are considered to be an indicator of nursing care at a nursing home. Pressure ulcers, also known as bed sores, are routinely the result of patients staying in one position for too long.
Minimizes Serious Falls
In Focused Care at Stonebriar, 3.33% of Patients had Serious Falls
This metric measures the percentage of long-term care residents who have sustained a fall which caused severe injury. Falls can arise for a variety of reasons, but high rates of falls resulting in injuries may be an indication of poor nursing care.
Minimizes Urinary Tract Infections
In Focused Care at Stonebriar, 1.51% of Patients had UTIs
This is the percentage of patients that suffered from a urinary tract infection. Urinary tract infections are considered to be an indicator of nursing care . UTI's are routinely associated with worse hygiene protocols. However, this metric could be misleading for some facilities due to varying reporting standards for urinary tract infections.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Psychotic Medication
In Focused Care at Stonebriar, 11.48% of Patients use Anti-Psychotic Medication
This tells you the percent of residents who were given antipsychotic drugs. While antipsychotic medications may be helpful for many patients, it is important to make sure these medications are being used only where medically required. In some cases, increased usage of these drugs may suggest a nursing home is using these drugs to subdue residents.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Anxiety Medication
In Focused Care at Stonebriar, 22.56% of Patients use Anti-Anxiety Medication
This is the percentage of residents who were prescribed antianxiety medications. Antianxiety drugs are administered to patients suffering from depression or anxiety.
Managing Depression Among Residents
In Focused Care at Stonebriar, 4.81% of Patients
This is a measure of the percent of long-term residents who are exhibiting signs of depression. Some argue this is a reliable measure of quality of care.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In Focused Care at Stonebriar, 94.64% of Patients
This metric measures the percentage of long-term stay patients who were vaccinated against pneumonia and flu.
Residents Maintain Autonomy
In Focused Care at Stonebriar, 17.1% Percentage of Patients
This is the percent of residents that required additional assistance with activities of daily living over time. Higher levels of dependence on staff for assistance with ADL's may indicate the decline of a patient's well-being.
Ability to Keep Residents Mobile
In Focused Care at Stonebriar, 16.36% Percentage of Residents
This is the percentage of residents who maintained mobility over time. Retaining mobility can be a great sign for residents' well-being.
In Focused Care at Stonebriar, 1.67 Hospitalizations per 1,000 resident days
This datapoint measures the number of times residents are hospitalized per thousand days of patient care. Staying out of the hospital is important to maintaining the physical well-being of nursing home residents.
Short-term Care: Rehospitalizations
In Focused Care at Stonebriar, 16.36 Percentage of Residents Rehospitalized
This datapoint measures the number of rehospitalizations per 1,000 days of short-term patient care.
Short-term Care: ER Visits
In Focused Care at Stonebriar, 11.4 Percentage of Patients
This tells you the number of emergency room visits per 1,000 days of short-term patient care.
Scores for Austin, TX
- Overall Rating has a grade of B-minus
- Nurse Rating has a grade of C
- Long-term Care Rating has a grade of B-minus
- Short-term Care Rating has a grade of C
- Inspection Rating has a grade of A-minus
Looking for more options? Austin, Texas has 25 other nursing homes
- St David's South Austin Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 1.65 miles away901 West Ben White Blvd Austin Texas 78704Proprietary(512) 448-7107
- Dell Seton Med Center at the University of TxAcute Care Hospitals 2.56 miles away601 E 15th Street Austin Texas 78701Voluntary non-profit - Private(512) 324-7000
- Arise Austin Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 3.31 miles away3003 Bee Caves Road Austin Texas 78746Voluntary non-profit - Other(512) 347-9888
- St David's Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 3.69 miles away919 E 32nd St Austin Texas 78705Proprietary(512) 476-7111
- Ascension Seton Medical Center AustinAcute Care Hospitals 4.43 miles away1201 W 38th St Austin Texas 78705Physician(512) 324-1000
- Dell Children's Medical Center of Central TexasChildrens 5.04 miles away4900 Mueller Blvd Austin Texas 78723Voluntary non-profit - Private(512) 324-0000
- The Hospital at Westlake Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 5.68 miles away5656 Bee Caves Road, Suite M-302 Austin Texas 78746Proprietary(512) 327-0000
- Northwest Hills Surgical HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 7.44 miles away6818 Austin Ctr Blvd Suite 100 Austin Texas 78731Proprietary(512) 346-1994
- El Milagro Dialysis Center0.98 miles away2800 S Ih 35 Suite 120 Austin Texas 78704CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 24 (512) 448-9750
- Fresenius Medical Care Austin South1.72 miles away621 Radam Ln Austin Texas 78745CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 20 (512) 707-7601
- Satellite Dialysis Southwood2.22 miles away1701 W. Ben White Blvd, Suite #180 Austin Texas 78704CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 36 (512) 383-0300
- South Austin Dialysis LLC2.95 miles away6114 South 1st Street Austin Texas 78745CMS Rating: 2 stars Dialysis Stations: 20 (512) 447-8500
- Moncrief Dialysis Center4.18 miles away800 West 34th Street Suite 101 Austin Texas 78705Dialysis Stations: 24 (512) 485-7872
- Childrens Dialysis Clinic of Central Texas5.14 miles away1301 Barbara Jordan Blvd Suite 103 Austin Texas 78723Dialysis Stations: 7 (512) 524-4213
- Satellite Healthcare Mueller5.3 miles away1801 East 51st Street Bldg G Austin Texas 78723CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 48 (512) 927-0300
- Bluebonnet Dialysis5.59 miles away3601 Manor Rd Austin Texas 78723CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 27 (512) 926-7378