Focused Care at Stonebriar is located in Austin, Texas. This city is among the largest cities in the nation with has 940,359 people. With a bottom of the barrel overall grade of F, this nursing home didn't fare well in our assessment. Fortunately, if you aren't impressed with this facility, there are countless other options available in this city. Despite all this, one of the few highlights of this facility's report card is its strong inspection rating. You can continue reading to learn more about inspections and other category scores
Focused Care at Stonebriar
- Nursing Home
- Memory Care
Updated Jun 1, 2022 by Nick Lata
- Accepts Medicare 1
- Accepts Medicaid 1
- Is CCRC
- Has Resident Council
- Has Family Council
- For profit - Corporation
- Offers Post-Acute Care
- Offers Inpatient Rehab
- Personal Care
- Medication Management
- Speech Therapy
- Stroke Recovery
- Amputee Recovery
- IV Antibiotic Therapy
- Occupational Therapy
- Cardiac Therapy
- Physical Therapy
- Respiratory Therapy
- Nutritional Counseling
- Pain Management
Registered Staff Hours
Although this place's overall score was as bad as it gets, it fared well in the area of inspections. In fact, we awarded it a B+ for that area, which is one of our better scores. Inspection grades are based on several datapoints located in the a nursing home's recent inspection reports. Deficiencies are a key thing to look for on these reports. You should especially avoid facilities with severe deficiencies associated with risks to resident well being. This facility was assessed 2 deficiencies on its inspection report, but fortunately none of the deficiencies were considered severe. This indicates that the government inspectors didn't consider any of these deficiencies to pose an immediate threat to patient safety or health. A few minor deficiencies aren't the end of the world.
Long-term Care Quality
This nursing home's next most respectable score was long-term care, but it nevertheless earned just a D in that category. This still happens to be a well below average grade. For long-term care residents, the nursing home's primary objective is to maintain residents' quality of life and keep them safe. On top of assessing the amount of care provided by aids and other staff, we looked at the percentage of residents vaccinated for pneumonia. Fortunately, this facility vaccinated 98.61592 percent of its patients, which is a very respectable figure. To our surprise, this nursing home was able to keep its residents out of the hospital. Indeed, it had only 0.01 hospitalizations per 1,000 long-term resident days. Unfortunately, some of its other scores in this category were not as favorable as these.
Does this page answer your questions about Focused Care at Stonebriar?
This facility ended up receiving rock bottom score in our nursing category. It received an F in this category. The nursing grade considers many subcategories. The most important variable is the quantity of hours nurses spend with residents. With only 0.3 hours of nursing care per resident on a daily basis, this nursing home's nurse staffing levels were well below average. Finally, we also assessed some nursing quality-based metrics in determining our nursing scores. This nursing home fared well in terms of avoiding pressure ulcers and major falls.
Short-term Care Quality
The last category we scored is short-term care, in which this nursing home was given a very poor grade here as well. Sadly, it received an F in this area, which is obviously very concerning. With our short-term care category, we try to create a sound barometer for rehabilitation services. In this process, we analyze a nursing home's levels of skilled nursing services, including both registered nurses and physical therapy, as well as occupational therapy. Not surprisingly, we found that this nursing home provides far less physical therapist and registered nurse hours per resident than the average facility. The final item we looked at in this category is the number of patients who were able to leave the nursing home and return to the community. We discovered that just 4.9 percent of this facility's residents were able to return home, which is well below average. The combination of these subpar statistics was damning for this nursing home's short-term care score.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
Focused Care at Stonebriar Quality Metrics
Minimizes Pressure Ulcers
In Focused Care at Stonebriar, 7.94% of Patients had Pressure Ulcers
This is the percentage of residents who suffered from a pressure ulcer. Pressure ulcers, which are also known as bed sores, are often caused by residents staying in one position for too long. Better nursing protocols limits the number of pressure ulcers sustained by residents in a nursing home.
Minimizes Serious Falls
In Focused Care at Stonebriar, 3.28% of Patients had Serious Falls
This tells you the percent of long-term residents who have experienced a fall resulting in major injury. This is one of the statistics we use in computing nursing ratings.
Minimizes Urinary Tract Infections
In Focused Care at Stonebriar, 1.64% of Patients had UTIs
This tells you the percentage of patients who suffered from a urinary tract infection. Urinary tract infections are routinely the result of poor nursing care. Better hygiene protocols can minimize the number likelihood of residents sustaining infections. Note that this datapoint is affected by by the fact that nursing homes have different reporting standards for UTI's.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Psychotic Medication
In Focused Care at Stonebriar, 11.75% of Patients use Anti-Psychotic Medication
This indicates the percent of patients who were prescribed antipsychotic drugs. While antipsychotic drugs may be vital to many residents, it is important to confirm these medications are being used only where medically required. In some situations, increased usage of these drugs may mean a facility is using these medications to subdue residents.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Anxiety Medication
In Focused Care at Stonebriar, 22.77% of Patients use Anti-Anxiety Medication
This tells you the percent of patients prescribed antianxiety medications. Antianxiety medications are prescribed to residents experiencing depression and anxiety.
Managing Depression Among Residents
In Focused Care at Stonebriar, 4.66% of Patients
This datapoint measures the percent of long-term care patients demonstrating signs of depression.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In Focused Care at Stonebriar, 94.73% of Patients
This indicates the percentage of residents that received the pneumonia and flu vaccines. High vaccination rates should be the norm at this point.
Residents Maintain Autonomy
In Focused Care at Stonebriar, 17.29% Percentage of Patients
This datapoint is a measure of the percentage of long-term care residents who required more assistance with activities of daily living over time. ADL's include activities such as getting dressed and bathing.
Ability to Keep Residents Mobile
In Focused Care at Stonebriar, 18.08% Percentage of Residents
This is the percentage of residents that retained mobility levels over time. Preserving mobility is often a great sign for residents' health.
In Focused Care at Stonebriar, 1.58 Hospitalizations per 1,000 resident days
This indicates the number of hospitalizations per thousand days of care. There is a correlation between keeping patients out of the hospital and the overall quality of long-term care.
Short-term Care: Rehospitalizations
In Focused Care at Stonebriar, 18.08 Percentage of Residents Rehospitalized
This datapoint is a measure of the number of rehospitalizations per thousand days of short-term resident care. Keeping residents out of the hospital during rehabilitation is critical to restoring the physical well-being of residents.
Short-term Care: ER Visits
In Focused Care at Stonebriar, 11.87 Percentage of Patients
This metric is a measure of the number of emergency room visits per 1,000 days of short-term patient care.
Scores for Austin, TX
- Overall Rating has a grade of B-minus
- Nurse Rating has a grade of C
- Long-term Care Rating has a grade of B-minus
- Short-term Care Rating has a grade of B-minus
- Inspection Rating has a grade of A-minus
Looking for more options? Austin, Texas has 25 other nursing homes
- St David's South Austin Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 1.65 miles away901 West Ben White Blvd Austin Texas 78704Proprietary(512) 448-7107
- Dell Seton Med Center at the University of TxAcute Care Hospitals 2.56 miles away601 E 15th Street Austin Texas 78701Voluntary non-profit - Private(512) 324-7000
- Arise Austin Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 3.31 miles away3003 Bee Caves Road Austin Texas 78746Voluntary non-profit - Other(512) 347-9888
- St David's Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 3.69 miles away919 E 32nd St Austin Texas 78705Proprietary(512) 476-7111
- Ascension Seton Medical Center AustinAcute Care Hospitals 4.43 miles away1201 W 38th St Austin Texas 78705Physician(512) 324-1000
- Dell Children's Medical Center of Central TexasChildrens 5.04 miles away4900 Mueller Blvd Austin Texas 78723Voluntary non-profit - Private(512) 324-0000
- The Hospital at Westlake Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 5.68 miles away5656 Bee Caves Road, Suite M-302 Austin Texas 78746Proprietary(512) 327-0000
- Northwest Hills Surgical HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 7.44 miles away6818 Austin Ctr Blvd Suite 100 Austin Texas 78731Proprietary(512) 346-1994
- El Milagro Dialysis Center0.98 miles away2800 S Ih 35 Suite 120 Austin Texas 78704CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 24 (512) 448-9750
- Fresenius Medical Care Austin South1.72 miles away621 Radam Ln Austin Texas 78745CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 20 (512) 707-7601
- Satellite Dialysis Southwood2.22 miles away1701 W. Ben White Blvd, Suite #180 Austin Texas 78704CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 36 (512) 383-0300
- South Austin Dialysis LLC2.95 miles away6114 South 1st Street Austin Texas 78745CMS Rating: 2 stars Dialysis Stations: 20 (512) 447-8500
- Moncrief Dialysis Center4.18 miles away800 West 34th Street Suite 101 Austin Texas 78705Dialysis Stations: 24 (512) 485-7872
- Childrens Dialysis Clinic of Central Texas5.14 miles away1301 Barbara Jordan Blvd Suite 103 Austin Texas 78723Dialysis Stations: 7 (512) 524-4213
- Satellite Healthcare Mueller5.3 miles away1801 East 51st Street Bldg G Austin Texas 78723CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 48 (512) 927-0300
- Bluebonnet Dialysis5.59 miles away3601 Manor Rd Austin Texas 78723CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 27 (512) 926-7378