Focused Care at Humble is a large nursing home located in Humble, Texas. Featuring an overall rating of F, we consider this to be a bottom of the barrel facility. This nursing home is just about as bad as it gets. If you aren't deterred by this place's report card, feel free to continue reading to find out about its category scores. Inspection grades are discussed in the next paragraph.
Focused Care at Humble
- Nursing Home
Updated Jun 1, 2022 by Nick Reese
- Accepts Medicare 1
- Accepts Medicaid 1
- No CCRC
- Has Resident Council
- Has Family Council
- For profit - Limited Liability company
- Offers Post-Acute Care
- Offers Respite Care
- Offers Inpatient Rehab
- Speech Therapy
- Stroke Recovery
- IV Antibiotic Therapy
- Wound Care
- Occupational Therapy
- Cardiac Therapy
- Tracheotomy Care
- Physical Therapy
- Respiratory Therapy
- Recreational Therapy
- Pain Management
- Orthopedic Rehabilitation
- Total Parenteral Nutrition
Registered Staff Hours
While we gave this place a terrible overall grade, we awarded it a B+ for our inspections category. This was due to the nursing home receiving a decent government inspection report this year. These inspection scores weigh several factors, including deficiencies and substantiated complaints. You can learn more about each of these items by obtaining copies of nursing homes' inspection reports. This place was hit with 3 deficiencies on its inspection report, but none of the deficiencies were considered severe. This means that CMS didn't deem any of these deficiencies an imminent risk to resident safety or health. A few minor deficiencies are not the end of the world.
One of the other reasons we rated this nursing home so highly is that it earned a very impressive nursing rating. In that category, we gave this facility an D. We weighed the licensure of nurses at the nursing home, as well as the number of hours the nurses spent with residents, in determining our score in this area. This facility provided just 0.3 hours of nursing care per resident per day. This is a very low total compared to most nursing homes. Lastly, we also assessed some nursing quality measures in computing our nursing grades. This place performed well when it comes to minimizing its residents' pressure ulcers and major falls.
Does this page answer your questions about Focused Care at Humble?
Short-term Care Quality
Tragically, we gave this facility an F for its short-term care score. Our short-term care ratings are thought to be more critical for those in need of a nursing home for rehabilitation. Rehabilitation typically requires additional skilled nursing. Skilled nursing means not just nursing, but also physical and occupational therapy, as well as other variations of therapy. As you might expect, we found that this place provides significantly less physical therapist and registered nurse hours per resident than the average facility. Lastly, we assessed the number of residents who ultimately were able to return home from this nursing home. This nursing home didn't fare well here either. In fact, we found that just 4.9 percent of this facility's residents were able to return home. This figure was quite a bit off the national average.
Long-term Care Quality
The final category we analyzed is long-term care, where this nursing home was given a very poor score in this area also. Unfortunately, we gave it a lowly F in this category, which is definitely very concerning. In a long-term care setting, the nursing home's primary goal is to keep patients healthy and safe. This is different than skilled nursing or short-term care where the goal is to rehabilitate residents. In addition to considering the amount of care provided by aids and other staff, we analyzed the percentage of residents vaccinated against pneumonia. This nursing home vaccinated 97.11539 percent of its residents, which is better than the majority of nursing homes. To our surprise, this nursing home was able to keep its patients out of the hospital. Indeed, it had only 0 hospitalizations per 1,000 long-term resident days. Unfortunately, some of its other scores in the category weren't as favorable as these.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
Focused Care at Humble Quality Metrics
Minimizes Pressure Ulcers
In Focused Care at Humble, 7.94% of Patients had Pressure Ulcers
This is the percent of residents that suffered from a pressure ulcer. Pressure ulcers are damage to the skin due to staying in the same position for too long.
Minimizes Serious Falls
In Focused Care at Humble, 3.28% of Patients had Serious Falls
This tells you the percent of patients who have had a fall resulting in serious injury.
Minimizes Urinary Tract Infections
In Focused Care at Humble, 1.64% of Patients had UTIs
This is an indication of the percent of long-term stay residents who experienced UTI's. UTI's may be a sign of poor nursing care. However, this statistic can be skewed for some nursing homes due to different reporting standards for UTI's.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Psychotic Medication
In Focused Care at Humble, 11.75% of Patients use Anti-Psychotic Medication
This statistic is an indication of the percentage of long-term care patients who are administered antipsychotic drugs. Excessive reliance on these medications may mean a nursing home is using these medications to subdue residents in situations where such medications aren't medically required. However, some facilities may need to rely more on these medications due to an increased number of residents with Alzheimer's or other dementias.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Anxiety Medication
In Focused Care at Humble, 22.77% of Patients use Anti-Anxiety Medication
This statistic measures the percent of long-term residents that are administered antianxiety drugs. These medications are generally used to treat residents suffering from depression and anxiety.
Managing Depression Among Residents
In Focused Care at Humble, 4.66% of Patients
Measures the percent of long-term patients who are exhibiting signs of depression. Some argue that this is a measure of quality of life.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In Focused Care at Humble, 94.73% of Patients
This is the percentage of patients that have received the pneumonia and flu vaccines. High vaccination rates should be the norm at this point.
Residents Maintain Autonomy
In Focused Care at Humble, 17.29% Percentage of Patients
This datapoint measures the percent of long-term residents that required additional assistance with activities of daily living over time. ADL's include activities such as getting dressed and eating. Many believe this is a measure of a resident's well-being.
Ability to Keep Residents Mobile
In Focused Care at Humble, 18.08% Percentage of Residents
Measures the percentage of long-term patients that were able to retain mobility. Some experts argue that mobility is important for residents' mental and physical well-being.
Short-term Care: Rehospitalizations
In Focused Care at Humble, 18.08 Percentage of Residents Rehospitalized
This is the number of times residents are rehospitalized per 1,000 days of short-term care. There is usually a correlation between avoiding hospitalizations and a nursing homes short-term rehabilitation performance.
Short-term Care: ER Visits
In Focused Care at Humble, 11.87 Percentage of Patients
This indicates the number of times residents are sent to the emergency room per thousand days of short-term care. There is typically a correlation between keeping patients out of the emergency room and the overall quality of rehabilitation.
Short-term Care: Facilitates Functional Improvement
In Focused Care at Humble, 66.73% Percentage of Resident
This is the percent of short-term residents that experienced functional improvements, such as with activities of daily living.
Scores for Humble, TX
- Overall Rating has a grade of F
- Nurse Rating has a grade of F
- Long-term Care Rating has a grade of F
- Short-term Care Rating has a grade of D
- Inspection Rating has a grade of B-plus
Looking for more options? Humble, Texas has 4 other nursing homes
- Humble Surgical Hospital, LLCAcute Care Hospitals 0.88 miles away1475 Fm 1960 Bypass Road East Humble Texas 77338Physician(281) 964-2100
- Memorial Hermann Northeast HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 0.97 miles away18951 Memorial North Humble Texas 77338Voluntary non-profit - Private(281) 540-7700
- Memorial Hermann Surgical Hospital KingwoodAcute Care Hospitals 3.73 miles away300 Kingwood Medical Drive Kingwood Texas 77339Proprietary(281) 312-4000
- Hca Houston Healthcare NorthwestAcute Care Hospitals 11 miles away710 Cypress Creek Parkway Houston Texas 77090Proprietary(281) 440-1000
- Intracare North HospitalPsychiatric 11.03 miles away1120 Cypress Station Dr Houston Texas 77090Voluntary non-profit - Private(281) 893-7200
- Tops Surgical Specialty HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 11.31 miles away17080 Red Oak Drive Houston Texas 77090Physician(281) 539-2900
- United Memorial Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 13.46 miles away510 W Tidwell Houston Texas 77091Physician(713) 691-1111
- Ad Hospital East, LLCAcute Care Hospitals 15.57 miles away12950 East Freeway, Suite 100 Houston Texas 77015Proprietary(713) 330-3897
- Deerbrook Dialysis0.95 miles away9660 Fm 1960 Bypass Humble Texas 77338CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 24 (281) 312-6362
- Humble Dialysis, Lp1.08 miles away19502 Mckay Dr. Suite 100 Humble Texas 77338CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 32 (281) 540-4313
- Fresenius Medical Care Kingwood, LLC1.28 miles away9767 Fm 1960 Bypass Rd W Humble Texas 77338Dialysis Stations: 16 (281) 548-1250
- Davita Atascocita Dialysis4.09 miles away5414 Fm 1960 Rd E Humble Texas 77346Dialysis Stations: 20 (832) 445-0020
- Usrc Kingwood Dialysis, Lp4.09 miles away24006 Highway 59 North Kingwood Texas 77339CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 20 (281) 312-5562
- Green Oak Dialysis4.21 miles away1426 Kingwood Drive Kingwood Texas 77339Dialysis Stations: 20 (281) 312-1301
- Renal Treatment Centers Southeast Lp4.3 miles away22118 Market Place Dr Ste 100 New Caney Texas 77357CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 20 (281) 577-0006
- Ace Dialysis5.05 miles away14512 Lee Road Humble Texas 77396Dialysis Stations: 12 (281) 441-5016