Focused Care at Humble is a large nursing home located in Humble, Texas. Featuring an overall rating of F, we consider this to be a bottom of the barrel facility. This nursing home is just about as bad as it gets. If you aren't deterred by this place's report card, feel free to continue reading to find out about its category scores. Inspection grades are discussed in the next paragraph.
Focused Care at Humble
- Nursing Home
Updated Apr 1, 2023 by Nick Reese
93 Isaacks Rd,
Humble TX 77338
45.82% estimated occupancy 1
Get our free e-book to learn all about your senior care options.
- Accepts Medicare 1
- Accepts Medicaid 1
- No CCRC
- Has Resident Council
- No Family Council
- For profit - Limited Liability company
- Offers Post-Acute Care
- Offers Respite Care
- Offers Inpatient Rehab
- Speech Therapy
- Stroke Recovery
- IV Antibiotic Therapy
- Wound Care
- Occupational Therapy
- Cardiac Therapy
- Tracheotomy Care
- Physical Therapy
- Respiratory Therapy
- Recreational Therapy
- Pain Management
- Orthopedic Rehabilitation
- Total Parenteral Nutrition
Registered Staff Hours
Although we gave this nursing home a horrible overall grade, we awarded it an A- for our inspections score. This score is far more impressive than the nursing home's overall score. These inspection grades take several factors into consideration, including deficiencies, substantiated complaints and federal fines. You can learn more about each of these factors by reviewing copies of nursing homes' inspection reports. This place received 3 deficiencies on its inspection report, but none were considered to be severe deficiencies. This tells you that CMS did not deem any of the deficiencies an imminent risk to patient health or safety. A couple minor deficiencies aren't the end of the world.
Long-term Care Quality
This nursing home's second most respectable score was long-term care, but it still earned just a D in that area. This turns out to be a relatively poor score. In a long-term care environment, the facility's primary goal is to keep patients healthy and safe. This is different than skilled nursing or short-term care where the goal is to rehabilitate residents. On top of looking at the amount of care provided by nurses and other staff, we looked at the number of residents vaccinated against pneumonia. This nursing home administered the vaccine to 100 percent of its patients. Surprisingly, this place was able to limit hospitalizations. With just 0 hospitalizations per one thousand long-term resident days, this nursing home had fewer hospitalizations than many nursing homes. Sadly, a few of its other scores in this category weren't as favorable as these.
Does this page answer your questions about Focused Care at Humble?
Short-term Care Quality
Another concern is the F this nursing home received in the category of short-term care. In the category of short-term care, we seek to assess measures of a nursing home's rehabilitation. We assess a nursing home's skilled nursing services, such as the ones performed by registered nurses and physical therapists. Considering its poor score in this category, we were not surprised to discover this nursing home offers substantially fewer physical therapist and registered nurse hours per patient than most other nursing homes. Finally, we considered the percentage of residents who were able to return to the community from this facility. We found that just 0 percent of this facility's residents returned home.
The final category we graded was nursing, in which this nursing home was given an abysmal grade in this area as well. Unfortunately, we gave it a lowly F in this category, which is obviously somewhat alarming. In computing our nursing grades, we analyze both staffing levels and the training levels of the nurses. This facility provided just 0.2 hours of nursing care per resident each day. Finally, we also assessed some nursing quality-based metrics in calculating our nursing scores. This nursing home performed well in the area of avoiding major falls and pressure ulcers.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
Focused Care at Humble Quality Metrics
Minimizes Pressure Ulcers
In Focused Care at Humble, 7.17% of Patients had Pressure Ulcers
This is the percent of residents that suffered from a pressure ulcer. Pressure ulcers are damage to the skin due to staying in the same position for too long.
Minimizes Serious Falls
In Focused Care at Humble, 3.38% of Patients had Serious Falls
This tells you the percent of patients who have had a fall resulting in serious injury.
Minimizes Urinary Tract Infections
In Focused Care at Humble, 1.52% of Patients had UTIs
This is an indication of the percent of long-term stay residents who experienced UTI's. UTI's may be a sign of poor nursing care. However, this statistic can be skewed for some nursing homes due to different reporting standards for UTI's.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Psychotic Medication
In Focused Care at Humble, 10.14% of Patients use Anti-Psychotic Medication
This statistic is an indication of the percentage of long-term care patients who are administered antipsychotic drugs. Excessive reliance on these medications may mean a nursing home is using these medications to subdue residents in situations where such medications aren't medically required. However, some facilities may need to rely more on these medications due to an increased number of residents with Alzheimer's or other dementias.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Anxiety Medication
In Focused Care at Humble, 22.67% of Patients use Anti-Anxiety Medication
This statistic measures the percent of long-term residents that are administered antianxiety drugs. These medications are generally used to treat residents suffering from depression and anxiety.
Managing Depression Among Residents
In Focused Care at Humble, 4.84% of Patients
Measures the percent of long-term patients who are exhibiting signs of depression. Some argue that this is a measure of quality of life.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In Focused Care at Humble, 93.69% of Patients
This is the percentage of patients that have received the pneumonia and flu vaccines. High vaccination rates should be the norm at this point.
Residents Maintain Autonomy
In Focused Care at Humble, 17.58% Percentage of Patients
This datapoint measures the percent of long-term residents that required additional assistance with activities of daily living over time. ADL's include activities such as getting dressed and eating. Many believe this is a measure of a resident's well-being.
Ability to Keep Residents Mobile
In Focused Care at Humble, 13.47% Percentage of Residents
Measures the percentage of long-term patients that were able to retain mobility. Some experts argue that mobility is important for residents' mental and physical well-being.
Short-term Care: Rehospitalizations
In Focused Care at Humble, 13.47 Percentage of Residents Rehospitalized
This is the number of times residents are rehospitalized per 1,000 days of short-term care. There is usually a correlation between avoiding hospitalizations and a nursing homes short-term rehabilitation performance.
Short-term Care: Facilitates Functional Improvement
In Focused Care at Humble, 66.29% Percentage of Resident
This is the percent of short-term residents that experienced functional improvements, such as with activities of daily living.
- Humble Surgical Hospital, LLCAcute Care Hospitals 0.88 miles away1475 Fm 1960 Bypass Road East Humble Texas 77338Physician(281) 964-2100
- Memorial Hermann Northeast HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 0.97 miles away18951 Memorial North Humble Texas 77338Voluntary non-profit - Private(281) 540-7700
- Memorial Hermann Surgical Hospital KingwoodAcute Care Hospitals 3.73 miles away300 Kingwood Medical Drive Kingwood Texas 77339Proprietary(281) 312-4000
- Hca Houston Healthcare NorthwestAcute Care Hospitals 11 miles away710 Cypress Creek Parkway Houston Texas 77090Proprietary(281) 440-1000
- Intracare North HospitalPsychiatric 11.03 miles away1120 Cypress Station Dr Houston Texas 77090Voluntary non-profit - Private(281) 893-7200
- Tops Surgical Specialty HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 11.31 miles away17080 Red Oak Drive Houston Texas 77090Physician(281) 539-2900
- United Memorial Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 13.46 miles away510 W Tidwell Houston Texas 77091Physician(713) 691-1111
- Ad Hospital East, LLCAcute Care Hospitals 15.57 miles away12950 East Freeway, Suite 100 Houston Texas 77015Proprietary(713) 330-3897
- Deerbrook Dialysis0.95 miles away9660 Fm 1960 Bypass Humble Texas 77338CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 24 (281) 312-6362
- Humble Dialysis, Lp1.08 miles away19502 Mckay Dr. Suite 100 Humble Texas 77338CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 32 (281) 540-4313
- Fresenius Medical Care Kingwood, LLC1.28 miles away9767 Fm 1960 Bypass Rd W Humble Texas 77338Dialysis Stations: 16 (281) 548-1250
- Davita Atascocita Dialysis4.09 miles away5414 Fm 1960 Rd E Humble Texas 77346Dialysis Stations: 20 (832) 445-0020
- Usrc Kingwood Dialysis, Lp4.09 miles away24006 Highway 59 North Kingwood Texas 77339CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 20 (281) 312-5562
- Green Oak Dialysis4.21 miles away1426 Kingwood Drive Kingwood Texas 77339Dialysis Stations: 20 (281) 312-1301
- Renal Treatment Centers Southeast Lp4.3 miles away22118 Market Place Dr Ste 100 New Caney Texas 77357CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 20 (281) 577-0006
- Ace Dialysis5.05 miles away14512 Lee Road Humble Texas 77396Dialysis Stations: 12 (281) 441-5016