Focused Care at Baytown is an average-sized nursing home located in Baytown, Texas. We gave this nursing home an overall grade of A-, making it the highest graded facility in the city. We really can not say enough good things about this place. The best aspect of this facility's impressive report card is its inspection reports. Inspection grades are discussed in the next section
Get our free e-book to learn all about your senior care options.
Focused Care at Baytown
- Nursing Home
- Memory Care
Updated Feb 1, 2023 by Nick Lata
Get pricing and details on Baytown senior living options.Get Pricing
- Accepts Medicare 1
- Accepts Medicaid 1
- No CCRC
- Has Resident Council
- No Family Council
- For profit - Limited Liability company
- Offers Post-Acute Care
- Offers Inpatient Rehab
- Personal Care
- Home Making
- Speech Therapy
- Wound Care
- Occupational Therapy
- Tracheotomy Care
- Physical Therapy
- Respiratory Therapy
- Nutritional Counseling
- Recreational Therapy
- Pain Management
Get our free e-book to learn all about your senior care options.
Registered Staff Hours
To pair with its favorable overall grade, we awarded this facility a grade of A+ for our inspections rating. Inspection grades are based on many datapoints found on the a nursing home's recent inspection reports. Places that excel in this area tend to have very few deficiencies on those reports. Most importantly, these nursing homes generally do not have any severe deficiencies which are associated with risks to patient safety. This nursing home was assessed 6 deficiencies on its inspection report, but fortunately none were considered to be major deficiencies. This indicates that the inspectors did not deem any of these deficiencies an immediate threat to patient health or safety. Finally, this facility had no substantiated complaints this year from residents, which is an excellent sign.
Long-term Care Quality
Compounding its impressive performance in other areas, we awarded this nursing home a score of A- for its long-term care score. In a long-term care environment, the primary goal is to keep patients healthy and safe. This is different than skilled nursing or short-term care where the goal is to rehabilitate residents. This nursing home fared favorably enough in these measures to earn an encouraging grade in this area.
Does this page answer your questions about Focused Care at Baytown?
Short-term Care Quality
Compounding its strong profile, this facility also was given a superb short-term care score, with a grade of A-. Short-term care scores are crucial for people looking for rehabilitation. Rehabilitation usually mandates more skilled nursing services. Skilled nursing means a broad range of services, spanning from registered nurses to physical and respiratory therapists, as well as other variations of therapy. We were not able to locate information about this nursing home's registered nurse or physical therapy staffing. The last measure we assessed in this area is the percentage of patients who were able to leave the facility and return to the community. We discovered that 0 percent of this nursing home's patients were able to return home.
The fourth category we assessed is nursing, where this nursing home received a grade of B+. This finished off a very impressive report card. Few nursing homes earned a B+ or better in every category. Nursing ratings are heavily correlated with levels of nurse staffing. This nursing home provides 0 hours of nursing care per resident per day. Finally, our nursing grades also factor in quality-based assessments, such as avoiding major falls. This facility performed well in this area. Avoiding major falls is typically a good indicator that a nursing home has reliable quality controls in place. Major falls can frequently be prevented if more nurses aids and better safety protocols are in place.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
Focused Care at Baytown Quality Metrics
Short-term Care: ER Visits
In Focused Care at Baytown, 11.91 Percentage of Patients
This metric measures the number of times residents are sent to the emergency room per thousand days of short-term patient care.
Short-term Care: Facilitates Functional Improvement
In Focused Care at Baytown, 66.29% Percentage of Resident
This tells you the percent of short-term care patients that experienced functional improvements, such as enhanced ability to perform activities of daily living. Higher levels of performance with ADL's often correlates with better rehabilitation.
Scores for Baytown, TX
- Overall Rating has a grade of D
- Nurse Rating has a grade of F
- Long-term Care Rating has a grade of C
- Short-term Care Rating has a grade of D
- Inspection Rating has a grade of B-plus
Looking for more options? Baytown, Texas has 3 other nursing homes
- Houston Methodist San Jacinto HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 2 miles away4401 Garth Road Baytown Texas 77521Voluntary non-profit - Private(281) 420-8600
- Altus Baytown HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 2.17 miles away1404 W Baker Road Baytown Texas 77521Physician(281) 837-7600
- St Luke's Patients Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 14.42 miles away4600 East Sam Houston Parkway South Pasadena Texas 77505Physician(281) 487-0700
- Surgery Specialty Hospitals of America Se HoustonAcute Care Hospitals 14.77 miles away4301 B Vista Pasadena Texas 77504Proprietary(713) 378-3000
- Ad Hospital East, LLCAcute Care Hospitals 14.89 miles away12950 East Freeway, Suite 100 Houston Texas 77015Proprietary(713) 330-3897
- Hca Houston Healthcare SoutheastAcute Care Hospitals 14.91 miles away4000 Spencer Hwy Pasadena Texas 77504Proprietary(713) 359-1000
- Houston Methodist St John HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 15.63 miles away18300 St John Drive Houston Texas 77058Voluntary non-profit - Private(281) 333-5503
- Bayside Community HospitalCritical Access Hospitals 16.29 miles away200 Hospital Drive Anahuac Texas 77514Government - Hospital District or Authority(409) 267-3143
- Bio-Medical Applications of Texas, Inc.1.71 miles away1671 Rollingbrook Dr Baytown Texas 77521Dialysis Stations: 1 (346) 216-4912
- Fresenius Medical Care Baytown Dialysis1.71 miles away2202 Rollingbrook Baytown Texas 77521CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 38 (281) 422-3794
- Davita Baytown Dialysis2.48 miles away4665 Garth Rd, Suite 900 Baytown Texas 77521Dialysis Stations: 12 (281) 422-0796
- Fresenius Medical Care Baytown North4.48 miles away4816 East Chase Street Baytown Texas 77521Dialysis Stations: 16 (281) 421-4108
- Margette Dialysis6.15 miles away10424 Interstate 10 East Suite 100 Baytown Texas 77523Dialysis Stations: 12 (281) 573-3234
- Meridian Dialysis Center7.47 miles away7520 Spencer Hwy Pasadena Texas 77505Dialysis Stations: 25 (281) 471-0172
- Channelview Dialysis10.6 miles away777 Sheldon Road Suite C Channelview Texas 77530CMS Rating: 2 stars Dialysis Stations: 20 (281) 860-0600
- Bio-Medical Applications of Texas Inc.11.5 miles away4625 Center St Deer Park Texas 77536Dialysis Stations: 12 (281) 542-6856