Focused Care at Baytown is a nursing home in Baytown, Texas, which has 103,027 people. This isn't a high quality facility with a D overall grade. Sadly, this grade is right in line with the city grade in Baytown. If you are not happy with this facility's relatively poor overall grade, you will be pleased to know there are six other nursing homes in Baytown. If you aren't deterred by this place's profile, you can continue reading to find out about its category scores. Inspection reports are discussed in the next paragraph.
Focused Care at Baytown
- Nursing Home
- Memory Care
Updated Jun 1, 2022 by Nick Lata
- Accepts Medicare 1
- Accepts Medicaid 1
- No CCRC
- Has Resident Council
- No Family Council
- For profit - Limited Liability company
- Offers Post-Acute Care
- Offers Inpatient Rehab
- Personal Care
- Home Making
- Speech Therapy
- Wound Care
- Occupational Therapy
- Tracheotomy Care
- Physical Therapy
- Respiratory Therapy
- Nutritional Counseling
- Recreational Therapy
- Pain Management
Registered Staff Hours
While we were not very complementary of this nursing home's overall grade, it received a very impressive inspection report this year. In fact, it received an excellent inspection report this year. As a result, it earned one of our highest scores in that category with an A+. Our inspection scores are tied to several pieces of information found on the a nursing home's recent inspection reports. Deficiencies are an important item to look for on these reports. Most importantly, you should avoid facilities that have severe deficiencies linked to endangerment of patients. While this facility had some deficiencies on its inspection report, none were severe based on CMS' deficiency scale. A few minor deficiencies are not necessarily the end of the world.
Long-term Care Quality
One of this facility's more favorable category scores came in the area of long-term care. This ended up being its second most favorable category. In that category, we gave this nursing home a grade of C. In the area of long-term care, we focus more on the amount of care offered by a facility, as opposed to more healthcare-oriented services. Unfortunately, it appears we are missing some of this nursing home's data for this category. Without having access to long-term care related data for this nursing home, it ended up being difficult to evaluate it in the long-term care category.
Does this page answer your questions about Focused Care at Baytown?
Unfortunately, this facility only received a grade of D for its nursing grade, which was actually one of its better category grades. There are a variety of factors included in this category. Most of the factors relate to nurse staffing. This place averaged a meager 0.4 hours of nursing care per resident each day. This is a very low total compared to most nursing homes. Finally, we also looked at some nursing quality-based metrics in determining our nursing scores. This place fared well in the area of avoiding pressure ulcers and major falls. Many consider these areas to be good measures of the quality of nursing care.
Short-term Care Quality
The last category we rated is short-term care. It received an F for this area, which is a poor score. Short-term care grades are based on a nursing home's quantity of highly-skilled skilled healthcare professionals. This includes a wide spectrum of services, ranging from registered nurses to physical and speech therapists, in addition to other forms of therapy. Considering its score in this category, we weren't stunned to find that this place was well below average in terms of the number of physical therapy and registered nurse hours provided to its residents based on the measures we assessed. Honestly, this was about what we expected here. The last measure we looked at in this area is the percentage of patients that ultimately were able to return home from the facility. This nursing home struggled quite a bit in this area as well, with just 4.5 percent of its residents returning home. This was quite a bit below the national average.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
Focused Care at Baytown Quality Metrics
Short-term Care: ER Visits
In Focused Care at Baytown, 11.87 Percentage of Patients
This tells you the number of emergency room visits per 1,000 days of short-term care. There is generally a correlation between fewer emergency room visits and the quality of nursing home care.
Short-term Care: Facilitates Functional Improvement
In Focused Care at Baytown, 66.73% Percentage of Resident
This tells you the percentage of short-term stay residents that saw functional improvements, such as enhanced ability to perform activities of daily living.
Scores for Baytown, TX
- Overall Rating has a grade of D
- Nurse Rating has a grade of F
- Long-term Care Rating has a grade of C
- Short-term Care Rating has a grade of D
- Inspection Rating has a grade of B-plus
Looking for more options? Baytown, Texas has 6 other nursing homes
- Houston Methodist San Jacinto HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 2 miles away4401 Garth Road Baytown Texas 77521Voluntary non-profit - Private(281) 420-8600
- Altus Baytown HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 2.17 miles away1404 W Baker Road Baytown Texas 77521Physician(281) 837-7600
- St Luke's Patients Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 14.42 miles away4600 East Sam Houston Parkway South Pasadena Texas 77505Physician(281) 487-0700
- Surgery Specialty Hospitals of America Se HoustonAcute Care Hospitals 14.77 miles away4301 B Vista Pasadena Texas 77504Proprietary(713) 378-3000
- Ad Hospital East, LLCAcute Care Hospitals 14.89 miles away12950 East Freeway, Suite 100 Houston Texas 77015Proprietary(713) 330-3897
- Hca Houston Healthcare SoutheastAcute Care Hospitals 14.91 miles away4000 Spencer Hwy Pasadena Texas 77504Proprietary(713) 359-1000
- Houston Methodist St John HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 15.63 miles away18300 St John Drive Houston Texas 77058Voluntary non-profit - Private(281) 333-5503
- Bayside Community HospitalCritical Access Hospitals 16.29 miles away200 Hospital Drive Anahuac Texas 77514Government - Hospital District or Authority(409) 267-3143
- Bio-Medical Applications of Texas, Inc.1.71 miles away1671 Rollingbrook Dr Baytown Texas 77521Dialysis Stations: 1 (346) 216-4912
- Fresenius Medical Care Baytown Dialysis1.71 miles away2202 Rollingbrook Baytown Texas 77521CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 38 (281) 422-3794
- Davita Baytown Dialysis2.48 miles away4665 Garth Rd, Suite 900 Baytown Texas 77521Dialysis Stations: 12 (281) 422-0796
- Fresenius Medical Care Baytown North4.48 miles away4816 East Chase Street Baytown Texas 77521Dialysis Stations: 16 (281) 421-4108
- Margette Dialysis6.15 miles away10424 Interstate 10 East Suite 100 Baytown Texas 77523Dialysis Stations: 12 (281) 573-3234
- Meridian Dialysis Center7.47 miles away7520 Spencer Hwy Pasadena Texas 77505Dialysis Stations: 25 (281) 471-0172
- Channelview Dialysis10.6 miles away777 Sheldon Road Suite C Channelview Texas 77530CMS Rating: 2 stars Dialysis Stations: 20 (281) 860-0600
- Bio-Medical Applications of Texas Inc.11.5 miles away4625 Center St Deer Park Texas 77536Dialysis Stations: 12 (281) 542-6856