Focused Care at Allenbrook is located in Baytown, Texas. Our grading scheme was not very kind to this nursing home, as it received an overall score of F. This place is about as bad as it gets. If you aren't deterred by this nursing home's report card, you can continue reading to find out about its category scores. We discuss inspections in the next paragraph.
Focused Care at Allenbrook
- Nursing Home
- Memory Care
Updated Jun 1, 2022 by Nick Reese
- Accepts Medicare 1
- Accepts Medicaid 1
- No CCRC
- Has Resident Council
- No Family Council
- For profit - Partnership
- Offers Post-Acute Care
- Offers Inpatient Rehab
- Speech Therapy
- Stroke Recovery
- Wound Care
- Occupational Therapy
- Cardiac Therapy
- Tracheotomy Care
- Physical Therapy
- Respiratory Therapy
- Pain Management
- Orthopedic Rehabilitation
- Total Parenteral Nutrition
Registered Staff Hours
Although this nursing home's overall grade was terrible, it actually fared well in the area of inspections. In fact, we awarded it a grade of B+ for that area, which is one of our better scores. We weigh several aspects of a nursing home's inspection report in calculating our inspection grades. One of those factors is deficiencies. It should be noted that the severity of deficiencies is usually more meaningful than the quantity of deficiencies, as some deficiencies can be quite minor. Sadly, this nursing home received a category L deficiency, which is not what we expected based on its inspection rating. This category means the government inspectors discovered a widespread deficiency placing resident health or safety in imminent danger. While other aspects of this nursing home's inspection report were favorable, we have some reservations.
Long-term Care Quality
This nursing home ended up receiving a bottom of the barrel grade in our long-term care area. It was given a lowly F in this category. For prospective patients looking for a permanent residence rather than skilled nursing, long-term care is an important category. One of the datapoints we considered in addition to nursing hours was vaccines. Fortunately, this nursing home provided the pneumonia vaccination to 98.06201 percent of its residents. To our surprise, this nursing home was able to limit hospitalizations. With only 0 hospitalizations per 1,000 long-term resident days, this facility has fewer hospitalizations than many nursing homes. Unfortunately, a few of its other scores in this category weren't as favorable as these.
Does this page answer your questions about Focused Care at Allenbrook?
Short-term Care Quality
The next area we graded was short-term care, where this nursing home received an F. In computing our short-term care ratings, we scrutinize a nursing home's levels of skilled nursing, which includes registered nurses, physical therapists speech therapists and other highly skilled individuals. This area is considered to be a fair assessment of the nursing home's rehabilitation. Based on its grade in this area, we weren't stunned to find that this facility was well below average in terms of the number of registered nurse and physical therapy hours offered to its residents based on the metrics we looked at. Finally, we looked at the number of patients who who were able to eventually return home from this facility. This nursing home didn't fare well here either. In fact, we found that just 0 percent of this facility's patients were able to return home. This figure was quite a bit off the national average.
The final category we assessed is nursing. This nursing home was given an abysmal grade of F in that category. The nursing grade is based on several factors, but the main one is the level of nurse hours per patient per week. With just 0.3 hours of nursing care per resident daily, this facility's nurse staffing levels were far below the national average. Lastly, we also looked at some nursing quality-based metrics in computing our nursing ratings. This nursing home fared well in terms of avoiding major falls and pressure ulcers. We consider these statistics to be measures of the quality of nursing care.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
Focused Care at Allenbrook Quality Metrics
Minimizes Pressure Ulcers
In Focused Care at Allenbrook, 7.94% of Patients had Pressure Ulcers
This indicates the percent of residents that sustained a pressure ulcer. Pressure ulcers are considered to be a barometer of the quality of nursing care . Pressure ulcers, also known as bed sores, are routinely the result of patients not being moved frequently enough.
Minimizes Serious Falls
In Focused Care at Allenbrook, 3.28% of Patients had Serious Falls
This statistic tells you the percent of long-term stay patients who have sustained falls leading to serious injury. Falls can happen for a variety of reasons, but high rates of major falls may be a sign of lower levels of patient supervision.
Minimizes Urinary Tract Infections
In Focused Care at Allenbrook, 1.64% of Patients had UTIs
This tells you the percentage of patients who sustained a urinary tract infection. These infections are linked to insufficient hygiene.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Psychotic Medication
In Focused Care at Allenbrook, 11.75% of Patients use Anti-Psychotic Medication
This tells you the percentage of residents who were given antipsychotic medications. Antipsychotic medications are prescribed to patients for many medical conditions, such as Alzheimer's or other dementias. Unfortunately, in some situations, increased usage of these drugs may indicate that a facility is using these drugs to subdue residents.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Anxiety Medication
In Focused Care at Allenbrook, 22.77% of Patients use Anti-Anxiety Medication
This measures the percent of long-term care patients who were administered antianxiety medication. These drugs are prescribed to patients suffering from anxiety or depression.
Managing Depression Among Residents
In Focused Care at Allenbrook, 4.66% of Patients
Measures the percentage of long-term care residents who are showing depressive symptoms. Some believe that this is a reliable measure of quality of life.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In Focused Care at Allenbrook, 94.73% of Patients
This datapoint measures the percent of long-term stay patients that were vaccinated against pneumonia and flu.
Residents Maintain Autonomy
In Focused Care at Allenbrook, 17.29% Percentage of Patients
Measures the percentage of long-term patients who needed more assistance with activities of daily living over time. ADL's include activities such as moving around and continence.
Ability to Keep Residents Mobile
In Focused Care at Allenbrook, 18.08% Percentage of Residents
This metric tracks the percentage of long-term stay residents who retained mobility levels. Some experts would argue that the ability to move around is important for residents' physical and mental well-being.
Short-term Care: Rehospitalizations
In Focused Care at Allenbrook, 18.08 Percentage of Residents Rehospitalized
This tells you the number of rehospitalizations per thousand days of short-term patient care. There is generally a correlation between keeping patients out of the hospital and a nursing home's quality of short-term rehabilitation.
Short-term Care: Facilitates Functional Improvement
In Focused Care at Allenbrook, 66.73% Percentage of Resident
This datapoint measures the percent of short-term stay patients who saw functional improvements, such as enhanced ability to perform activities of daily living. Many would argue that this is a reasonable measure of a nursing home's rehabilitation services.
Scores for Baytown, TX
- Overall Rating has a grade of D
- Nurse Rating has a grade of F
- Long-term Care Rating has a grade of C
- Short-term Care Rating has a grade of D
- Inspection Rating has a grade of B-plus
Looking for more options? Baytown, Texas has 6 other nursing homes
- Houston Methodist San Jacinto HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 0.36 miles away4401 Garth Road Baytown Texas 77521Voluntary non-profit - Private(281) 420-8600
- Altus Baytown HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 0.53 miles away1404 W Baker Road Baytown Texas 77521Physician(281) 837-7600
- Ad Hospital East, LLCAcute Care Hospitals 13.85 miles away12950 East Freeway, Suite 100 Houston Texas 77015Proprietary(713) 330-3897
- St Luke's Patients Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 14.42 miles away4600 East Sam Houston Parkway South Pasadena Texas 77505Physician(281) 487-0700
- Surgery Specialty Hospitals of America Se HoustonAcute Care Hospitals 14.58 miles away4301 B Vista Pasadena Texas 77504Proprietary(713) 378-3000
- Hca Houston Healthcare SoutheastAcute Care Hospitals 14.66 miles away4000 Spencer Hwy Pasadena Texas 77504Proprietary(713) 359-1000
- Houston Methodist St John HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 16.45 miles away18300 St John Drive Houston Texas 77058Voluntary non-profit - Private(281) 333-5503
- Bayside Community HospitalCritical Access Hospitals 17.26 miles away200 Hospital Drive Anahuac Texas 77514Government - Hospital District or Authority(409) 267-3143
- Fresenius Medical Care Baytown Dialysis0.54 miles away2202 Rollingbrook Baytown Texas 77521CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 38 (281) 422-3794
- Bio-Medical Applications of Texas, Inc.0.66 miles away1671 Rollingbrook Dr Baytown Texas 77521Dialysis Stations: 1 (346) 216-4912
- Davita Baytown Dialysis0.77 miles away4665 Garth Rd, Suite 900 Baytown Texas 77521Dialysis Stations: 12 (281) 422-0796
- Fresenius Medical Care Baytown North2.81 miles away4816 East Chase Street Baytown Texas 77521Dialysis Stations: 16 (281) 421-4108
- Margette Dialysis5.76 miles away10424 Interstate 10 East Suite 100 Baytown Texas 77523Dialysis Stations: 12 (281) 573-3234
- Meridian Dialysis Center8.36 miles away7520 Spencer Hwy Pasadena Texas 77505Dialysis Stations: 25 (281) 471-0172
- Channelview Dialysis9.37 miles away777 Sheldon Road Suite C Channelview Texas 77530CMS Rating: 2 stars Dialysis Stations: 20 (281) 860-0600
- Bio-Medical Applications of Texas Inc.11.46 miles away4625 Center St Deer Park Texas 77536Dialysis Stations: 12 (281) 542-6856