Flower Villa is a nursing home located in Los Angeles, California which has 2,378,448 people. We gave this facility an overall grade of B-. A score of this caliber requires some solid scores. Even in a city with 35 other nursing homes, this facility turns out to be a perfectly acceptable choice. We were also pleased to discover that this facility was consistent in each of our categories. Additional information about its category grades can be found below.
Get our free e-book to learn all about your senior care options.
- Nursing Home
Updated Apr 1, 2023 by Nick Lata
Get pricing and details on Los Angeles senior living options.Get Pricing
- Accepts Medicare 1
- Accepts Medicaid 1
- No CCRC
- Has Resident Council
- No Family Council
- For profit - Corporation
- Occupational Therapy
- Physical Therapy
- Nutritional Counseling
Get our free e-book to learn all about your senior care options.
Registered Staff Hours
This nursing home's best category grade came in the area of health inspections. In that area, we awarded this facility a B+. It actually outperformed most facilities in this area. We take several aspects of a facility's inspection report into consideration in computing these inspection scores. One of those factors is deficiencies. It should be noted that the severity of these deficiencies is usually more important than the quantity of deficiencies, as some of these end up being relatively insignificant. Fortunately, although this nursing home had a few minor dings on its inspection report, it had zero severe deficiencies. Severe deficiencies are found in categories G, H, I, J, K and L. This tells you the inspectors did not deem any of the deficiencies on this facility's report to pose an imminent threat to patient health or safety. We should point out that deficiency-free inspections are uncommon in the industry.
Short-term Care Quality
This facility also was given a positive short-term care score. As a matter of fact, we awarded them a B in that area, which is one of our better. Short-term care grades are based on the nursing home's quantity of skilled nursing services. This means a vast spectrum of nursing services, spanning from registered nurses to physical and speech therapists, not to mention other types of therapy. It doesn't appear that this nursing home provided information on registered nurse or physical therapist staffing. The final statistic we assessed in this category is the number of residents who were able to leave the facility and return home. We found that 0 percent of this nursing home's residents were able to return home.
Does this page answer your questions about Flower Villa?
Long-term Care Quality
The third area we assessed was long-term care. In that area, we awarded this facility a solid grade of B-. For prospective patients looking for a permanent residence rather than skilled nursing, long-term care grades are very important. On top of considering the quantity of care provided by nurses and other staff, we also looked at the number of residents vaccinated against pneumonia. This nursing home vaccinated 100 percent of its patients, which is higher than most nursing homes. Finally, this facility was also able to limit hospitalizations. In fact, it had only 0.03 hospitalizations per 1,000 long-term resident days, which is an impressively low figure.
The final category we analyzed is nursing. This nursing home was awarded a B- in this category. Our nursing rating is based on a variety of data points. The most heavily weighted one is the amount of time nurses spend with patients. This facility averages 0.5 hours of nursing care per resident daily, which is well below average. Finally, we also looked at some nursing quality-based metrics. Although this place got dinged a bit for its nursing hours per resident, it excelled in some of these quality metrics. With less than five percent of its residents experiencing pressure ulcers, it fared very well in this area. This is typically an indicator of quality nursing care. Pressure ulcers can typically be prevented by providing better nursing care, such as by having a protocol of turning residents at least once a day.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
Flower Villa Quality Metrics
Minimizes Pressure Ulcers
In Flower Villa, 10% of Patients had Pressure Ulcers
This figure measures the percentage of long-term patients who have new or worsened pressure ulcers . We consider this statistic when determining our nursing grades.
Minimizes Serious Falls
In Flower Villa, 0% of Patients had Serious Falls
This figure is an indication of the percentage of long-term stay patients who have sustained falls leading to major injury. We use this statistic in calculating our nursing ratings.
Minimizes Urinary Tract Infections
In Flower Villa, 0% of Patients had UTIs
This metric measures the percent of long-term patients who had a urinary tract infection. UTI's could be a sign of worse hygiene protocols. However, this datapoint could also be misleading for some facilities due to varying reporting standards for UTI's.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Anxiety Medication
In Flower Villa, 11.19% of Patients use Anti-Anxiety Medication
This statistic measures the percent of long-term care patients taking antianxiety drugs.
Managing Depression Among Residents
In Flower Villa, 0% of Patients
Measures the percent of long-term care patients demonstrating symptoms of depression.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In Flower Villa, 100% of Patients
Measures the percent of long-term patients that received the pneumonia and flu vaccines. Respiratory viruses can be deadly for nursing home patients, making these vaccines critical to patient safety.
Residents Maintain Autonomy
In Flower Villa, 13.71% of Patients
This is the percent of residents that needed additional assistance with activities of daily living over time. High levels of dependence on staff for assistance with ADL's could indicate decline of a patient's medical condition.
Ability to Keep Residents Mobile
In Flower Villa, 0.93% of Residents
This datapoint measures the percentage of long-term stay residents who remained mobile levels. Many in the industry believe that the ability to move around is important for patients health.
In Flower Villa, 0.03 Hospitalizations per 1,000 resident days
This is the number of hospitalizations per thousand days of patient care. There is typically a correlation between avoiding hospitalizations and the quality of care.
Short-term Care: Rehospitalizations
In Flower Villa, 0.93% of Residents Rehospitalized
This indicates the number of rehospitalizations per thousand days of short-term patient care. There is generally a correlation between staying out of the hospital and a nursing homes short-term rehabilitation performance.
Short-term Care: ER Visits
In Flower Villa, 2.95% of Patients
This metric is a measure of the number of times residents are sent to the emergency room per thousand days of short-term care. Avoiding emergency medical situations is one way to gauge the well-being of patients during rehabilitation.
Scores for Los Angeles, CA
- Overall Rating has a grade of C
- Nurse Rating has a grade of B-minus
- Long-term Care Rating has a grade of C
- Short-term Care Rating has a grade of C
- Inspection Rating has a grade of B-minus
Looking for more options? Los Angeles, California has 34 other nursing homes
- Cedars-Sinai Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 1.71 miles away8700 Beverly Blvd Los Angeles California 90048Voluntary non-profit - Other(310) 423-5000
- Ronald Reagan U C L a Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 4.09 miles away757 Westwood Plaza Los Angeles California 90095Government - State(310) 825-6301
- Resnick Neuropsychiatric Hospital at UclaPsychiatric 4.11 miles away150 Medical Plaza-Rm-4230c Los Angeles California 90095Government - State(310) 825-6962
- Southern California Hospital at HollywoodAcute Care Hospitals 4.21 miles away6245 De Longpre Ave Los Angeles California 90028Proprietary(323) 462-2271
- Hollywood Presbyterian Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 5.68 miles away1300 N Vermont Ave Los Angeles California 90027Proprietary(213) 413-3000
- Children's Hosp of Los AngelesChildrens 5.79 miles away4650 Sunset Blvd, Ms 108 Los Angeles California 90027Voluntary non-profit - Private(323) 669-2164
- Saint Vincent Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 5.9 miles away2131 W 3rd St Los Angeles California 90057Voluntary non-profit - Church(213) 484-7111
- Providence Saint John's Health CenterAcute Care Hospitals 5.99 miles away2121 Santa Monica Blvd Santa Monica California 90404Voluntary non-profit - Private(310) 829-5511
- u.s. Renal Care West Los Angeles Dialysis0.46 miles away1801 S. La Cienega Blvd. Los Angeles California 90035CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 22 (310) 840-5688
- u.s. Renal Care Beverly Hills Dialysis0.93 miles away8420 Wilshrie Blvd. Beverly Hills California 90211Dialysis Stations: 22 (323) 852-1272
- Davita-Beverly Hills Dialysis Center1.08 miles away50 N. La Cienega Blvd., Suite 300 Beverly Hills California 90211CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 30 (310) 289-1613
- u.s. Renal Care Westside Dialysis1.62 miles away300 S. Robertson Blvd. Los Angeles California 90048CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 24 (310) 385-8683
- Kaiser Foundation Hospital Medical Ctr.- West Los Angeles1.7 miles awayDialysis Unit 6041 Cadillac Avenue, Suite 442 Los Angeles California 90034Dialysis Stations: 4 (323) 857-3245
- Davita-Crescent Heights Dialysis Center1.81 miles away8151 Beverly Blvd. Los Angeles California 90048CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 20 (323) 655-6226
- Davita-Beverlywood Dialysis2.1 miles away2080 Century Park East, Suite 210 Los Angeles California 90067Dialysis Stations: 13 (310) 772-0224
- u.s. Renal Care Culver City2.19 miles away9808 Venice Blvd., Suite 200 Culver City California 90232Dialysis Stations: 18 (310) 841-0500