Flower Villa is a nursing home located in Los Angeles, California which has 2,378,448 people. We gave this facility an overall grade of B-. A score of this caliber requires some solid scores. Even in a city with 75 other nursing homes, this facility turns out to be a perfectly acceptable choice. We were also pleased to discover that this facility was consistent in each of our categories. Additional information about its category grades can be found below.
- Nursing Home
Updated Sep 1, 2022 by Nick Reese
1480 S. La Cienega Bl,
Los Angeles CA 90035
92.43% estimated occupancy 1
- Accepts Medicare 1
- Accepts Medicaid 1
- No CCRC
- Has Resident Council
- No Family Council
- For profit - Corporation
- Occupational Therapy
- Physical Therapy
- Nutritional Counseling
Registered Staff Hours
Long-term Care Quality
This nursing home's best grade came in long-term care. In that category, we awarded this facility a B+. It outperformed most nursing homes in this area. Facilities that receive this type of grade in long-term care typically provide consistent around the clock care to ensure residents are well cared for. On top of considering the quantity of care provided by nurses and other staff, we analyzed the number of residents vaccinated against pneumonia. This nursing home vaccinated 100 percent of its patients, which is much higher than most nursing homes. Clearly, this place is doing something right in this area as it also excelled at keeping its patients out of the hospital. It had less than one hospitalization per one thousand long-term resident days, which is a remarkably low number.
In addition, this nursing home also excelled in the area of inspections, where it received a grade of B+. Few nursing homes performed as well in this area. We weigh several aspects of a nursing home's inspection report in determining these inspection grades. One critical factor is health deficiencies. It should be noted that the severity of the deficiencies is arguably more important than the quantity of deficiencies, as some of these are quite minor. This nursing home received 11 deficiencies on its inspection report, but we were relieved to see that none were considered to be severe deficiencies. This means that the government inspectors didn't consider any of the deficiencies to create an imminent risk to resident health or safety. Keep in mind that deficiency-free inspection reports are rare in this industry.
Does this page answer your questions about Flower Villa?
In addition, we awarded this nursing home a grade of B in our nursing category. This is one of our better grades. Our nursing score assesses many subcategories, most of which are based on nursing hours. This facility provided 0.4 hours of nursing care per resident per day. Finally, we also looked at several nursing quality-based metrics and this nursing home excelled in some of these areas. With less than five percent of its residents sustaining pressure ulcers, it performed as well as any nursing home the state in this category. This is generally a good indicator of quality nursing care. Pressure ulcers can typically be prevented by offering better nursing care, such as by employing a protocol of moving residents more often.
Short-term Care Quality
The next category we rated is short-term care. We gave it a C in that category. This is a decent grade in this category. In determining our short-term care ratings, we scrutinize the nursing home's levels of highly skilled nursing services, which includes registered nurses, physical therapists speech therapists and other highly trained professionals. This grade is generally a solid measure of the nursing home's rehabilitation. Unfortunately, we were not able to track down registered nurse or physical therapy staffing data for this nursing home. The final statistic we assessed in this category is the number of patients who were able to leave the facility and return home. We discovered that just 0 percent of this facility's residents were able to return home, which is actually below average.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
Flower Villa Quality Metrics
Minimizes Pressure Ulcers
In Flower Villa, 7.45% of Patients had Pressure Ulcers
This tells you the percent of patients that have had a pressure ulcer. Pressure ulcers, which are also called bed sores, are routinely the result of patients staying in one position for too long. Better nursing care minimizes the percentage of residents in a nursing home who sustain pressure ulcers.
Minimizes Serious Falls
In Flower Villa, 1.7% of Patients had Serious Falls
This tells you the percent of patients that suffered from a fall which caused major injury.
Minimizes Urinary Tract Infections
In Flower Villa, 1.24% of Patients had UTIs
This figure measures the percent of long-term care residents that have suffered from UTI's. UTI's could be an indicator of a facility with lower levels of hygiene. However, this datapoint could also be misleading for certain nursing homes due to inconsistent reporting standards for these infections.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Psychotic Medication
In Flower Villa, 10.1% of Patients use Anti-Psychotic Medication
This statistic tells you the percentage of long-term patients that were prescribed antipsychotic drugs. Increased usage of these drugs may mean that a facility is using these medications to control patient behavior in scenarios where such drugs are not medically indicated. However, some facilities may need to rely on these medications due to an increased number of residents suffering from cognitive disorders.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Anxiety Medication
In Flower Villa, 13.85% of Patients use Anti-Anxiety Medication
This datapoint is an indication of the percentage of long-term stay residents taking antianxiety medications.
Managing Depression Among Residents
In Flower Villa, 4.64% of Patients
This is the percentage of patients showing symptoms of depression.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In Flower Villa, 95.44% of Patients
This is a measure of the percentage of long-term stay patients who were vaccinated against pneumonia and flu.
Residents Maintain Autonomy
In Flower Villa, 7.92% Percentage of Patients
This datapoint measures the percentage of long-term patients who required additional assistance with activities of daily living over time. Activities of daily living include activities such as taking medications and using the bathroom. Many would argue this is a reliable measure of a patient's well-being.
Ability to Keep Residents Mobile
In Flower Villa, 12.45% Percentage of Residents
This datapoint is a measure of the percent of long-term care residents who remained mobile levels. Many in the industry argue that mobility is important for patients physical and mental well-being.
In Flower Villa, 1.61 Hospitalizations per 1,000 resident days
This indicates the number of times residents are hospitalized per 1,000 days of patient care.
Short-term Care: Rehospitalizations
In Flower Villa, 12.45 Percentage of Residents Rehospitalized
This datapoint measures the number of times residents are rehospitalized per thousand days of short-term resident care. Minimizing rehospitalizations during rehabilitation is key to restoring the physical well-being of residents.
Short-term Care: ER Visits
In Flower Villa, 9.83 Percentage of Patients
This indicates the number of times residents are sent to the emergency room per thousand days of short-term patient care.
Scores for Los Angeles, CA
- Overall Rating has a grade of C
- Nurse Rating has a grade of B
- Long-term Care Rating has a grade of B-minus
- Short-term Care Rating has a grade of C
- Inspection Rating has a grade of B-minus
Looking for more options? Los Angeles, California has 74 other nursing homes
- Cedars-Sinai Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 1.71 miles away8700 Beverly Blvd Los Angeles California 90048Voluntary non-profit - Other(310) 423-5000
- Ronald Reagan U C L a Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 4.09 miles away757 Westwood Plaza Los Angeles California 90095Government - State(310) 825-6301
- Resnick Neuropsychiatric Hospital at UclaPsychiatric 4.11 miles away150 Medical Plaza-Rm-4230c Los Angeles California 90095Government - State(310) 825-6962
- Southern California Hospital at HollywoodAcute Care Hospitals 4.21 miles away6245 De Longpre Ave Los Angeles California 90028Proprietary(323) 462-2271
- Hollywood Presbyterian Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 5.68 miles away1300 N Vermont Ave Los Angeles California 90027Proprietary(213) 413-3000
- Children's Hosp of Los AngelesChildrens 5.79 miles away4650 Sunset Blvd, Ms 108 Los Angeles California 90027Voluntary non-profit - Private(323) 669-2164
- Saint Vincent Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 5.9 miles away2131 W 3rd St Los Angeles California 90057Voluntary non-profit - Church(213) 484-7111
- Providence Saint John's Health CenterAcute Care Hospitals 5.99 miles away2121 Santa Monica Blvd Santa Monica California 90404Voluntary non-profit - Private(310) 829-5511
- u.s. Renal Care West Los Angeles Dialysis0.46 miles away1801 S. La Cienega Blvd. Los Angeles California 90035CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 22 (310) 840-5688
- u.s. Renal Care Beverly Hills Dialysis0.93 miles away8420 Wilshrie Blvd. Beverly Hills California 90211Dialysis Stations: 22 (323) 852-1272
- Davita-Beverly Hills Dialysis Center1.08 miles away50 N. La Cienega Blvd., Suite 300 Beverly Hills California 90211CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 30 (310) 289-1613
- u.s. Renal Care Westside Dialysis1.62 miles away300 S. Robertson Blvd. Los Angeles California 90048CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 24 (310) 385-8683
- Kaiser Foundation Hospital Medical Ctr.- West Los Angeles1.7 miles awayDialysis Unit 6041 Cadillac Avenue, Suite 442 Los Angeles California 90034Dialysis Stations: 4 (323) 857-3245
- Davita-Crescent Heights Dialysis Center1.81 miles away8151 Beverly Blvd. Los Angeles California 90048CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 20 (323) 655-6226
- Davita-Beverlywood Dialysis2.1 miles away2080 Century Park East, Suite 210 Los Angeles California 90067Dialysis Stations: 13 (310) 772-0224
- u.s. Renal Care Culver City2.19 miles away9808 Venice Blvd., Suite 200 Culver City California 90232Dialysis Stations: 18 (310) 841-0500