AdventHealth North Pinellas is a small hospital-based facility in Tarpon Springs, Florida. With an overall grade of A-, this facility is one of the more impressive facilities we looked at. We could not find many bad things to say about this place. Its ratings are as good as they get. Scroll down to see this facility's category ratings, which are also strong. It's hard to find any major flaws in this nursing home's profile.
Get our free e-book to learn all about your senior care options.
AdventHealth North Pinellas
- Nursing Home
- Home Health Agency
Updated Apr 1, 2023 by Nick Lata
Get pricing and details on Tarpon Springs senior living options.Get Pricing
- Accepts Medicare 1
- No Medicaid 1
- No CCRC
- Has Resident Council
- No Family Council
- Non profit - Corporation
- Offers Hospice
- Offers Inpatient Rehab
- Speech Therapy
- Stroke Recovery
- Wound Care
- Occupational Therapy
- Cardiac Therapy
- Physical Therapy
- Respiratory Therapy
- Nutritional Counseling
- Orthopedic Rehabilitation
Get our free e-book to learn all about your senior care options.
Best Nursing Home in Tarpon Springs, Florida Awards 2019
Best Nursing Home in Florida Awards 2020
Best Nursing Home in Tarpon Springs, Florida Awards 2020
Best Nursing Home in Tarpon Springs, Florida Awards 2021
Registered Staff Hours
Short-term Care Quality
To pair with its strong overall grade, we gave this nursing home a grade of A+ for its short-term care rating. Short-term care grades are typically used to measure a nursing home's performance with rehabilitation. In order to have quality rehabilitation services, facilities generally must have better levels of skilled nursing. These types of services include registered nurses, physical therapists, occupational therapists and other highly skilled individuals. Fortunately, it looks like this nursing home employs registered nurses. Not every nursing home employs these skilled professionals. However, according to the information this nursing home provided, it does not look like the facility employs physical therapists. The last item we assessed in this area is the percentage of patients who were able to leave the nursing home and return to the community. We found that 6.9 percent of this facility's residents returned home.
This first-rate facility also excelled in the area of nursing, where it received a grade of A+. Few nursing homes performed better in this area. Our nursing rating is largely tied to a facility's nurse staffing. This nursing home averages 0.6 hours of nursing care per resident per day. Finally, we also looked at some nursing quality-based metrics in determining our nursing grades. This facility performed very well when it comes to avoiding pressure ulcers and major falls. We consider these areas to be good indicators of the quality of nursing care.
Does this page answer your questions about AdventHealth North Pinellas?
Long-term Care Quality
This facility also was given a fine long-term care score. Indeed, this is this facility's third best category score. In that category, we awarded this facility a grade of A. Long-term care scores of this caliber generally require both 24/7 care from nurses and aids, as well as quality routine medical care. Once we looked at the volume of care provided by nurses and other staff, we then looked at the nursing home's vaccination records. Unfortunately, it does not appear that this facility submitted information about vaccinations. Clearly, this facility is doing something right in this area as it also excelled at keeping its patients out of the hospital. In fact, it had less than one hospitalization per one thousand long-term resident days, which is a remarkably low number.
In the last category we looked at, we found that this nursing home received a solid government inspection report this year as well, with few major dings from government inspectors. It earned a decent grade in our inspection category with a B. This nursing home really didn't have any major weaknesses. Our inspection scores are tied to items located in the a nursing home's recent inspection reports. Nursing homes that score well in this category have few deficiencies on their reports. Most importantly, these nursing homes should not have any severe deficiencies which are associated with risks to patient safety. This place received 3 deficiencies on its inspection report, but fortunately none were considered to be major deficiencies. This tells you that the government inspectors didn't consider any of the deficiencies to pose an imminent threat to patient safety or health. Finally, this facility had no substantiated complaints this year from residents, which is an excellent sign.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
AdventHealth North Pinellas Quality Metrics
Short-term Care: ER Visits
In AdventHealth North Pinellas, 9.64 Percentage of Patients
This is a measure of the number of times residents are sent to the emergency room per 1,000 days of short-term patient care. Avoiding emergency medical situations is one way to measure patient well-being during rehabilitation.
Short-term Care: Facilitates Functional Improvement
In AdventHealth North Pinellas, 77.72% Percentage of Resident
This datapoint is a measure of the percentage of short-term care patients who experienced functional improvements, such as with activities of daily living. Many believe this is a measure of a facility's rehabilitation performance.
- Adventhealth North PinellasAcute Care Hospitals 0 miles away1395 S Pinellas Ave Tarpon Springs Florida 34689Voluntary non-profit - Other(727) 942-5000
- Mease Countryside HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 6.97 miles away3231 Mcmullen Booth Rd Safety Harbor Florida 34695Voluntary non-profit - Private(727) 734-6950
- Medical Center of TrinityAcute Care Hospitals 7.93 miles away9330 Sr 54, Ste 401 New Port Richey Florida 34655Proprietary(727) 834-4900
- Mease Dunedin HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 8.37 miles away601 Main St Dunedin Florida 34698Voluntary non-profit - Private(727) 733-1111
- Morton Plant HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 12.84 miles away300 Pinellas St Clearwater Florida 33756Voluntary non-profit - Private(727) 462-7000
- Largo Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 15.32 miles away201 14th St Sw Largo Florida 33770Proprietary(727) 588-5200
- Regional Medical Center Bayonet PointAcute Care Hospitals 16.32 miles away14000 Fivay Rd Hudson Florida 34667Proprietary(727) 819-2929
- Adventhealth CarrollwoodAcute Care Hospitals 17.36 miles away7171 N Dale Mabry Hwy Tampa Florida 33614Voluntary non-profit - Church(813) 932-2222
- Tarpon Springs Dialysis, LLC1.76 miles away41747 Us Highway 19 North Tarpon Springs Florida 34689Dialysis Stations: 21 (727) 934-8774
- Rai-Us 19 North-Clearwater5.76 miles away29296 Us Hwy 19 N #1 Clearwater Florida 33761CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 27 (727) 785-9036
- Fresenius Kidney Care-Dunedin7.72 miles away1121 Overcash Drive Suite A Dunedin Florida 34698Dialysis Stations: 24 (727) 733-1112
- Gulf Breeze Dialysis Center7.82 miles away1519 Main Street Dunedin Florida 34698Dialysis Stations: 25 (727) 738-4425
- Physicians Dialysis Trinity7.91 miles away9332 State Road 54 Suite 306 New Port Richey Florida 34655Dialysis Stations: 13 (727) 848-0106
- Davita Trinity Dialysis8.22 miles away2870 Bund Ave New Port Richey Florida 34655Dialysis Stations: 20 (727) 372-7742
- Bma - Clearwater8.34 miles away26338 Us Hwy 19 N Clearwater Florida 33761CMS Rating: 2 stars Dialysis Stations: 20 (727) 723-8123
- New Port Richey Kidney Center11.09 miles away7421 Ridge Road Port Richey Florida 34668CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 28 (727) 846-8401