AdventHealth North Pinellas is a small hospital-based facility in Tarpon Springs, Florida. With an overall grade of A-, this facility is one of the more impressive facilities we looked at. We could not find many bad things to say about this place. Its ratings are as good as they get. Scroll down to see this facility's category ratings, which are also strong. It's hard to find any major flaws in this nursing home's profile.
AdventHealth North Pinellas
- Nursing Home
- Home Health Agency
Updated Sep 1, 2022 by Nick Reese
- Accepts Medicare 1
- No Medicaid 1
- No CCRC
- Has Resident Council
- No Family Council
- Non profit - Corporation
- Offers Hospice
- Offers Inpatient Rehab
- Speech Therapy
- Stroke Recovery
- Wound Care
- Occupational Therapy
- Cardiac Therapy
- Physical Therapy
- Respiratory Therapy
- Nutritional Counseling
- Orthopedic Rehabilitation
Best Nursing Home in Tarpon Springs, Florida Awards 2019
Best Nursing Home in Florida Awards 2020
Best Nursing Home in Tarpon Springs, Florida Awards 2020
Best Nursing Home in Tarpon Springs, Florida Awards 2021
Registered Staff Hours
Short-term Care Quality
In addition to being a first rate nursing home overall, this nursing home also excelled in our short-term care category, where it received a grade of A. Few facilities fared better in this category. Our short-term care grade is typically used to grade a nursing home's performance with rehabilitation. In order to have highly scored rehabilitation services, nursing homes generally must offer better levels of highly skilled nursing. These types of services include registered nurses, physical therapists, speech therapists and other highly trained professionals. Unfortunately, we were not able to find information on registered nurse or physical therapy staffing for this nursing home. The final measure we looked at in this area is the percentage of residents who were able to leave the nursing home and return to the community. We found that 6.9 percent of this facility's residents returned home.
Long-term Care Quality
To complement its dominant accomplishments in other areas, we awarded this facility a grade of A- for its long-term care grade. Nursing homes that receive this type of grade in this category typically provide consistent 24/7 care to ensure residents are kept in good health. On the whole this looks like a solid option for long-term care.
Does this page answer your questions about AdventHealth North Pinellas?
Adding to its profile, this facility also earned a grade of B+ for its nursing rating. This is a well above average score in this category. The nursing score assesses many subcategories, however, the most important one is the level of nurse hours spent with patients. This nursing home provides 0 hours of nursing care per resident per day. Lastly, we also assessed some nursing quality measures in determining our nursing grades. This nursing home performed very well when it comes to minimizing its residents' pressure ulcers and major falls. We consider these areas to be good indicators of the quality of nursing care.
In the last area we looked at, we found that this nursing home received a solid inspection report this year as well, with few major dings from government inspectors. As a result, it earned a decent grade in inspections with a B. This facility really didn't have any major weaknesses. Inspection ratings are based on several data points located in the a nursing home's recent inspection reports. Facilities that receive favorable grades in this category tend to have very few deficiencies on their reports. Most importantly, these facilities generally do not have any severe deficiencies which are associated with endangerment of patients. Fortunately, although this facility had some minor dings on its government inspection report, it had no severe deficiencies. Severe deficiencies are those found in categories G, H, I, J, K and L. This tells you the government inspectors didn't deem any of the deficiencies on this facility's report to pose an imminent threat to patient health or safety. Finally, this facility had no substantiated complaints this year from residents, which is an excellent sign.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
AdventHealth North Pinellas Quality Metrics
Short-term Care: ER Visits
In AdventHealth North Pinellas, 9.16 Percentage of Patients
This datapoint is a measure of the number of times residents are sent to the emergency room per thousand days of short-term patient care.
Short-term Care: Facilitates Functional Improvement
In AdventHealth North Pinellas, 78.49% Percentage of Resident
Measures the percentage of short-term patients that experienced functional improvements.
- Adventhealth North PinellasAcute Care Hospitals 0 miles away1395 S Pinellas Ave Tarpon Springs Florida 34689Voluntary non-profit - Other(727) 942-5000
- Mease Countryside HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 6.97 miles away3231 Mcmullen Booth Rd Safety Harbor Florida 34695Voluntary non-profit - Private(727) 734-6950
- Medical Center of TrinityAcute Care Hospitals 7.93 miles away9330 Sr 54, Ste 401 New Port Richey Florida 34655Proprietary(727) 834-4900
- Mease Dunedin HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 8.37 miles away601 Main St Dunedin Florida 34698Voluntary non-profit - Private(727) 733-1111
- Morton Plant HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 12.84 miles away300 Pinellas St Clearwater Florida 33756Voluntary non-profit - Private(727) 462-7000
- Largo Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 15.32 miles away201 14th St Sw Largo Florida 33770Proprietary(727) 588-5200
- Regional Medical Center Bayonet PointAcute Care Hospitals 16.32 miles away14000 Fivay Rd Hudson Florida 34667Proprietary(727) 819-2929
- Adventhealth CarrollwoodAcute Care Hospitals 17.36 miles away7171 N Dale Mabry Hwy Tampa Florida 33614Voluntary non-profit - Church(813) 932-2222
- Tarpon Springs Dialysis, LLC1.76 miles away41747 Us Highway 19 North Tarpon Springs Florida 34689Dialysis Stations: 21 (727) 934-8774
- Rai-Us 19 North-Clearwater5.76 miles away29296 Us Hwy 19 N #1 Clearwater Florida 33761CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 27 (727) 785-9036
- Fresenius Kidney Care-Dunedin7.72 miles away1121 Overcash Drive Suite A Dunedin Florida 34698Dialysis Stations: 24 (727) 733-1112
- Gulf Breeze Dialysis Center7.82 miles away1519 Main Street Dunedin Florida 34698Dialysis Stations: 25 (727) 738-4425
- Physicians Dialysis Trinity7.91 miles away9332 State Road 54 Suite 306 New Port Richey Florida 34655Dialysis Stations: 13 (727) 848-0106
- Davita Trinity Dialysis8.22 miles away2870 Bund Ave New Port Richey Florida 34655Dialysis Stations: 20 (727) 372-7742
- Bma - Clearwater8.34 miles away26338 Us Hwy 19 N Clearwater Florida 33761CMS Rating: 2 stars Dialysis Stations: 20 (727) 723-8123
- New Port Richey Kidney Center11.09 miles away7421 Ridge Road Port Richey Florida 34668CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 28 (727) 846-8401