Florentine Gardens is a senior living facility in Loveland, Ohio, which has 53,267 people. Sporting an overall rating of C, this looks like a middle of the road nursing home. Based on our ratings, there are certainly far worse nursing homes out there. This facility did not fare well in every category we looked at, but it didn't receive any rock-bottom grades either. Additional information about its category grades can be found below.
- Nursing Home
Updated Sep 1, 2022 by Nick Reese
- Accepts Medicare 1
- Accepts Medicaid 1
- No CCRC
- Has Resident Council
- No Family Council
- For profit - Corporation
- Offers Hospice
- Offers Respite Care
- Offers Inpatient Rehab
- Personal Care
- Speech Therapy
- Occupational Therapy
- Physical Therapy
- Nutritional Counseling
Registered Staff Hours
We want to draw your attention to the fact that this nursing home outperformed its overall score in the area of inspections. In fact, it received an excellent inspection report this year. As a result, it received one of our best grades in this area with an A-. Our inspection grades are tied to pieces of information found on the a nursing home's recent inspection reports. Places that receive favorable grades in this category have few deficiencies on their reports. Most importantly, these places generally do not have any severe deficiencies which are associated with risks to patient safety. This facility was hit with 2 deficiencies on its inspection report, but fortunately none were considered to be major deficiencies. This indicates that the inspectors didn't consider any of the deficiencies to create an immediate threat to patient health or safety. A couple of minor deficiencies should not stop you from considering a nursing home.
Short-term Care Quality
Additionally, we gave this facility a B in our short-term care category. This is one of our more favorable scores. In calculating these short-term care grades, we assess the facility's skilled nursing services, such as those performed by registered nurses, respiratory therapists, physical therapists and other types of skilled professionals. The purpose is to formulate a scale for comparing the rehabilitation services of different facilities. Fortunately, it looks like this nursing home employs registered nurses. Not all facilities employs these skilled professionals. However, based on the information this nursing home provided, they do not appear to employ physical therapists. The last metric we assessed in this area is the percentage of patients who were able to leave the facility and return to the community. We discovered that 5.9 percent of this facility's residents were able to return home.
Does this page answer your questions about Florentine Gardens?
Turning to another strength for this facility, it also earned an elite nursing grade. We gave this nursing home an D. In determining our nursing ratings, we assess both the number of hours nurses spend with residents and the skill levels of the nurses. This facility provided just 0.3 hours of nursing care per resident per day. This is a very low total compared to most nursing homes. Finally, we also assessed some nursing quality-based metrics in computing our nursing grades. This place fared well in terms of minimizing its residents' major falls and pressure ulcers. We consider these datapoints to be indicators of the quality of nursing care.
Long-term Care Quality
The last category we graded was long-term care, is this facility's worst category. We awarded this nursing home a grade of D in this area. When nursing homes receive a grade in this range in long-term care it generally means the facility didn't perform well in our measures relating to patient care. On top of assessing the quantity of care provided by aids and other staff, we looked at the percentage of residents vaccinated against pneumonia. This nursing home vaccinated 61.792454 percent of its patients. This is multiple points less than what we expected. Surprisingly, this nursing home was actually able to limit hospitalizations. With only 0.02 hospitalizations per one thousand long-term resident days, this nursing home has less hospitalizations than the average nursing home. This is its best feature in this category.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
Florentine Gardens Quality Metrics
Minimizes Pressure Ulcers
In Florentine Gardens, 7.61% of Patients had Pressure Ulcers
This is the percentage of patients who have had a pressure ulcer. Pressure ulcers, also called bed sores, are routinely the result of residents staying in one position for too long. Better nursing protocols can minimize the percentage of residents in a nursing home who sustain pressure ulcers.
Minimizes Serious Falls
In Florentine Gardens, 3.74% of Patients had Serious Falls
This metric gauges the percent of long-term residents who have had a fall which caused major injury. We use this statistic in determining our nursing grades.
Minimizes Urinary Tract Infections
In Florentine Gardens, 1.71% of Patients had UTIs
This indicates the percent of patients that sustained a urinary tract infection. UTI's are considered to be an indicator of the quality of nursing care at a nursing home. UTI's are routinely the result of worse hygiene protocols. However, this datapoint could also be skewed for some facilities due to different reporting standards for urinary tract infections.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Psychotic Medication
In Florentine Gardens, 13.23% of Patients use Anti-Psychotic Medication
This indicates the percentage of patients prescribed antipsychotic drugs. These drugs are used for a variety of conditions, including cognitive disorders.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Anxiety Medication
In Florentine Gardens, 22.46% of Patients use Anti-Anxiety Medication
This tells you the percent of residents who were given antianxiety drugs. These drugs are used to treat residents suffering from depression and anxiety.
Managing Depression Among Residents
In Florentine Gardens, 20.26% of Patients
This metric is a measure of the percentage of long-term care residents demonstrating symptoms of depression. Some experts believe this is a measure of resident quality of care.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In Florentine Gardens, 90.12% of Patients
This datapoint measures the percentage of long-term stay residents who were administered the pneumonia and flu vaccines. Respiratory viruses can be fatal for nursing home patients, making these types of vaccines critical to patient health.
Residents Maintain Autonomy
In Florentine Gardens, 14.88% Percentage of Patients
This tells you the percentage of residents that required increased assistance with activities of daily living over time. High levels of needing for assistance with activities of daily living could be a sign of the decline of a patient's well-being.
Ability to Keep Residents Mobile
In Florentine Gardens, 16.29% Percentage of Residents
This datapoint measures the percent of long-term residents who remained mobile levels. Some experts believe that mobility is critical to patients mental and physical well-being.
In Florentine Gardens, 1.36 Hospitalizations per 1,000 resident days
This is the number of times residents are hospitalized per thousand days of patient care. There is a correlation between keeping patients out of the hospital and the quality of long-term care.
Short-term Care: Rehospitalizations
In Florentine Gardens, 16.29 Percentage of Residents Rehospitalized
This is the number of times residents are rehospitalized per thousand days of short-term care.
Short-term Care: ER Visits
In Florentine Gardens, 12 Percentage of Patients
This metric measures the number of times residents are sent to the emergency room per 1,000 days of short-term patient care.
Short-term Care: Facilitates Functional Improvement
In Florentine Gardens, 75.25% Percentage of Resident
This indicates the percentage of short-term patients who experienced functional improvements, such as enhanced ability to perform activities of daily living.
Scores for Loveland, OH
- Overall Rating has a grade of B-minus
- Nurse Rating has a grade of C
- Long-term Care Rating has a grade of B
- Short-term Care Rating has a grade of B-minus
- Inspection Rating has a grade of A
Looking for more options? Loveland, Ohio has 3 other nursing homes
- Bethesda NorthAcute Care Hospitals 3.61 miles away10500 Montgomery Road Cincinnati Ohio 45242Voluntary non-profit - Church(513) 865-1241
- Assurance Health Cincinnati LLCPsychiatric 5.9 miles away11690 Grooms Road Cincinnati Ohio 45242Proprietary(513) 519-4947
- Mercy Health-Anderson HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 9.98 miles away7500 State Road Cincinnati Ohio 45255Voluntary non-profit - Private(513) 624-4006
- West Chester Hospital, LLCAcute Care Hospitals 10.36 miles away7700 University Drive West Chester Ohio 45069Voluntary non-profit - Private(513) 298-7700
- Cincinnati Children's Hospital Medical CenterChildrens 12.58 miles away3333 Burnet Avenue Cincinnati Ohio 45229Voluntary non-profit - Private(513) 636-3333
- University of Cincinnati Medical Center, LLCAcute Care Hospitals 12.82 miles away234 Goodman Street Cincinnati Ohio 45219Voluntary non-profit - Private(513) 584-1000
- Christ HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 13.63 miles away2139 Auburn Avenue Cincinnati Ohio 45219Voluntary non-profit - Private(513) 585-2000
- Good Samaritan HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 13.65 miles away375 Dixmyth Avenue Cincinnati Ohio 45220Voluntary non-profit - Church(513) 862-2646
- Davita - Clermont Inc2.54 miles away5901 Montclair Blvd, Suite 100 Milford Ohio 45150Dialysis Stations: 12 (513) 248-0593
- Fmc-Milford LLC2.59 miles away5890 Meadow Creek Drive Milford Ohio 45150Dialysis Stations: 15 (513) 248-1690
- Us Renal Care of Kenwood4.39 miles away5150 E. Galbraith Rd., Suite 101 Cincinnati Ohio 45236Dialysis Stations: 18 (513) 791-2698
- Nxstage Cincinnati LLC4.8 miles away12065 Montgomery Road Cincinnati Ohio 45249Dialysis Stations: 10 (513) 712-1300
- Davita Loveland Dialysis4.84 miles away8944 Columbia Rd Suite 6 Loveland Ohio 45140Dialysis Stations: 13 (513) 583-5326
- Infiniti Dialysis Center of Cincinnati, LLC5.05 miles away4750 E. Galbraith Road Suite 103 Cincinnati Ohio 45236Dialysis Stations: 3 (513) 791-2137
- Fmc-Liberty Dialysis-Kenwood5.13 miles away8251 Pine Road, Suite 110 Cincinnati Ohio 45236Dialysis Stations: 24 (513) 745-0800
- Davita - Blue Ash Dialysis5.69 miles away10600 Mckinley Road Cincinnati Ohio 45242Dialysis Stations: 18 (513) 733-8215