Florentine Gardens is a senior living facility in Loveland, Ohio, which has 53,267 people. Sporting an overall rating of C, this looks like a middle of the road nursing home. Based on our ratings, there are certainly far worse nursing homes out there. The best part of this facility's profile is its remarkable inspection score. Inspection reports are discussed in the next section.
- Nursing Home
Updated Jun 1, 2022 by Nick Reese
- Accepts Medicare 1
- Accepts Medicaid 1
- No CCRC
- Has Resident Council
- Has Family Council
- For profit - Corporation
- Offers Hospice
- Offers Respite Care
- Offers Inpatient Rehab
- Personal Care
- Speech Therapy
- Occupational Therapy
- Physical Therapy
- Nutritional Counseling
Registered Staff Hours
We want to point out that this facility really outperformed its overall grade in the area of inspections. In fact, it received an excellent inspection report this year. As a result, we gave it one of our best grades in this category with an A. Inspection scores are based on several pieces of information located in the a nursing home's recent inspection reports. Places that score well in this area have very few deficiencies on those reports. Most importantly, these places should not have any severe deficiencies which are associated with risks to patient safety. While this place had a few minor dings on its report, it had zero severe deficiencies. Severe deficiencies are found in categories G, H, I, J, K and L. This tells you the government inspectors didn't deem any of the deficiencies on this facility's report to pose an imminent threat to patient safety or health. A few minor deficiencies should not stop you from considering a nursing home.
Short-term Care Quality
This facility also was awarded a positive score in our short-term care category. We gave this facility an above average grade of B+ in that area. Short-term care scores are based in part on the nursing home's quantity of highly-skilled highly skilled professionals. This means a vast scope of services, spanning from registered nurses to physical and respiratory therapists, in addition to other variations of therapy. Fortunately, it looks like this nursing home employs registered nurses. Not all facilities employs these skilled professionals. However, based on the information this nursing home provided, they do not appear to employ physical therapists. The last metric we assessed in this area is the percentage of patients that ultimately returned home from the facility. We found that 6.8 percent of this nursing home's patients returned home as opposed to remaining at the nursing home on a permanent basis.
Does this page answer your questions about Florentine Gardens?
Long-term Care Quality
Unfortunately, this nursing home only earned a D for its long-term care rating, which is not a very good score. When nursing homes receive a grade in this range in this category it generally means the nursing home did not perform well in our quality measures relating to patient care. In addition to looking at the quantity of care provided by aids and other staff, we also looked at the number of residents vaccinated against pneumonia. This nursing home vaccinated 60.849056 percent of its residents. This is multiple points below what we were hoping for. Surprisingly, this facility was actually able to limit hospitalizations. With only 0.02 hospitalizations per 1,000 long-term resident days, this nursing home has fewer hospitalizations than most nursing homes. This was its best feature in this category.
Moving on to the last area, this nursing home really did not perform very well. Due to a poor grade of F in nursing, this was this facility's weakest area. In calculating our nursing scores, we assess both nursing hours and the skill levels of those nurses. This place offered a meager 0.3 hours of nursing care per patient per day. This is not a very impressive figure. Lastly, we also looked at some nursing quality measures in calculating our nursing grades. This nursing home performed well in the area of avoiding pressure ulcers and major falls.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
Florentine Gardens Quality Metrics
Minimizes Pressure Ulcers
In Florentine Gardens, 7.79% of Patients had Pressure Ulcers
This indicates the percentage of patients that suffered from a pressure ulcer. Pressure ulcers are considered to be an indicator of the quality of nursing care at a nursing home. Pressure ulcers, which are also known as bed sores, are routinely caused by residents staying in one position for too long.
Minimizes Serious Falls
In Florentine Gardens, 3.69% of Patients had Serious Falls
This is an indication of the percent of long-term care patients that sustained falls resulting in serious injury. Falls can happen for a variety of reasons, but excessive numbers of falls could be an indicator of lower levels of patient supervision.
Minimizes Urinary Tract Infections
In Florentine Gardens, 1.8% of Patients had UTIs
This is the percent of patients that suffered from a urinary tract infection. These infections could be linked to poorer hygiene.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Psychotic Medication
In Florentine Gardens, 13.22% of Patients use Anti-Psychotic Medication
This tells you the percent of patients who were prescribed antipsychotic drugs. While antipsychotic medications may be vital to many residents, it is important to confirm these medications are being used appropriately. In limited situations, high levels of antipsychotic drug use may suggest that a facility is using these drugs to subdue residents.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Anxiety Medication
In Florentine Gardens, 22.35% of Patients use Anti-Anxiety Medication
This tells you the percentage of patients who were given antianxiety drugs. These drugs are used to treat residents experiencing depression or anxiety.
Managing Depression Among Residents
In Florentine Gardens, 20% of Patients
This metric measures the percent of long-term care patients who are exhibiting depressive symptoms.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In Florentine Gardens, 90.19% of Patients
This indicates the percent of patients that were given the flu and pneumonia vaccines. High vaccination rates should be demanded by residents.
Residents Maintain Autonomy
In Florentine Gardens, 15.17% Percentage of Patients
This is the percentage of residents who required increased assistance with activities of daily living over time.
Ability to Keep Residents Mobile
In Florentine Gardens, 18.5% Percentage of Residents
This is the percent of patients who maintained mobility over time. Optimizing mobility can be a great sign for residents' health.
In Florentine Gardens, 1.39 Hospitalizations per 1,000 resident days
This is the number of hospitalizations per thousand days of care. There is generally a correlation between keeping patients out of the hospital and the quality of long-term care.
Short-term Care: Rehospitalizations
In Florentine Gardens, 18.5 Percentage of Residents Rehospitalized
This indicates the number of rehospitalizations per 1,000 days of short-term patient care.
Short-term Care: ER Visits
In Florentine Gardens, 11.81 Percentage of Patients
This indicates the number of emergency room visits per 1,000 days of short-term care.
Short-term Care: Facilitates Functional Improvement
In Florentine Gardens, 74.54% Percentage of Resident
This indicates the percent of short-term care patients that saw functional improvements, such as enhanced ability to perform activities of daily living. Higher levels of performance with activities of daily living often correlates with better rehabilitation.
Scores for Loveland, OH
- Overall Rating has a grade of B-minus
- Nurse Rating has a grade of C
- Long-term Care Rating has a grade of B-minus
- Short-term Care Rating has a grade of B
- Inspection Rating has a grade of A
Looking for more options? Loveland, Ohio has 3 other nursing homes
- Bethesda NorthAcute Care Hospitals 3.61 miles away10500 Montgomery Road Cincinnati Ohio 45242Voluntary non-profit - Church(513) 865-1241
- Assurance Health Cincinnati LLCPsychiatric 5.9 miles away11690 Grooms Road Cincinnati Ohio 45242Proprietary(513) 519-4947
- Mercy Health-Anderson HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 9.98 miles away7500 State Road Cincinnati Ohio 45255Voluntary non-profit - Private(513) 624-4006
- West Chester Hospital, LLCAcute Care Hospitals 10.36 miles away7700 University Drive West Chester Ohio 45069Voluntary non-profit - Private(513) 298-7700
- Cincinnati Children's Hospital Medical CenterChildrens 12.58 miles away3333 Burnet Avenue Cincinnati Ohio 45229Voluntary non-profit - Private(513) 636-3333
- University of Cincinnati Medical Center, LLCAcute Care Hospitals 12.82 miles away234 Goodman Street Cincinnati Ohio 45219Voluntary non-profit - Private(513) 584-1000
- Christ HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 13.63 miles away2139 Auburn Avenue Cincinnati Ohio 45219Voluntary non-profit - Private(513) 585-2000
- Good Samaritan HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 13.65 miles away375 Dixmyth Avenue Cincinnati Ohio 45220Voluntary non-profit - Church(513) 862-2646
- Davita - Clermont Inc2.54 miles away5901 Montclair Blvd, Suite 100 Milford Ohio 45150Dialysis Stations: 12 (513) 248-0593
- Fmc-Milford LLC2.59 miles away5890 Meadow Creek Drive Milford Ohio 45150Dialysis Stations: 15 (513) 248-1690
- Us Renal Care of Kenwood4.39 miles away5150 E. Galbraith Rd., Suite 101 Cincinnati Ohio 45236Dialysis Stations: 18 (513) 791-2698
- Nxstage Cincinnati LLC4.8 miles away12065 Montgomery Road Cincinnati Ohio 45249Dialysis Stations: 10 (513) 712-1300
- Davita Loveland Dialysis4.84 miles away8944 Columbia Rd Suite 6 Loveland Ohio 45140Dialysis Stations: 13 (513) 583-5326
- Infiniti Dialysis Center of Cincinnati, LLC5.05 miles away4750 E. Galbraith Road Suite 103 Cincinnati Ohio 45236Dialysis Stations: 3 (513) 791-2137
- Fmc-Liberty Dialysis-Kenwood5.13 miles away8251 Pine Road, Suite 110 Cincinnati Ohio 45236Dialysis Stations: 24 (513) 745-0800
- Davita - Blue Ash Dialysis5.69 miles away10600 Mckinley Road Cincinnati Ohio 45242Dialysis Stations: 18 (513) 733-8215