Florence Park Nursing & Rehab Center is one of a mere three facilities located in Florence, Kentucky. Sporting an overall score of B-, this appears to be a decent nursing home. You can certainly do worse than this facility. The best part of this nursing home's profile was its exemplary inspection grade. We discuss inspections in the next paragraph.
Florence Park Nursing & Rehab Center
- Nursing Home
- Independent Living
- Assisted Living
Updated Sep 1, 2022 by Nick Lata
- Accepts Medicare 1
- Accepts Medicaid 1
- Is CCRC
- Has Resident Council
- No Family Council
- For profit - Corporation
- Offers Hospice
- Offers Post-Acute Care
- Offers Inpatient Rehab
- Personal Care
- Medication Management
- Home Making
- Speech Therapy
- IV Antibiotic Therapy
- Wound Care
- Occupational Therapy
- Cardiac Therapy
- Diabetes Management
- Physical Therapy
- Respiratory Therapy
- Orthopedic Rehabilitation
Registered Staff Hours
This facility received a solid overall grade as described above, but we really wanted to point out its nearly flawless inspections in recent years. We awarded them an A+ in this category. Arguably the most critical factor we look at in computing our inspection scores is deficiencies. These deficiencies are found on a nursing home's recent inspection reports. Nursing homes with better scores in this category typically dodged the most severe deficiencies involving things like patient abuse. This nursing home was assessed 2 deficiencies on its inspection report, but none of the deficiencies were considered to be severe deficiencies. This indicates that CMS didn't consider any of these deficiencies to pose an immediate threat to patient safety or health. Finally, this facility had no substantiated complaints this year from residents, which is an excellent sign.
Long-term Care Quality
This facility also excelled in the area of long-term care, where it received a score of A-. Not many facilities performed better in this area. For prospective residents in need of a permanent residence rather than skilled nursing, long-term care is a very important category. Once we assessed the amount of care provided by nurses aids and other staff, we then looked at the nursing home's vaccination records. This nursing home vaccinated 87.21591 percent of its patients for pneumonia, which happens to be a bit lower than we anticipated but still a respectable percentage. Clearly, this place is doing something right in this area as it was able to keep its patients out of the hospital. In fact, it had less than one hospitalization per one thousand long-term resident days, which is a remarkably low number.
Does this page answer your questions about Florence Park Nursing & Rehab Center?
Short-term Care Quality
As it turns out, this facility only received a D for its short-term care score, which is not one of our better scores. Our short-term care scores are probably more important for folks in need of rehabilitation from their nursing home. Rehabilitation usually utilizes additional highly-skilled nursing. Skilled nursing means not merely nursing services, but also physical and speech therapy, as well as other variations of therapy. Unfortunately, we found that this facility provided fewer physical therapist and registered nurse hours per resident than most facilities. Finally, we assessed the percentage of residents that returned home from this nursing home. This facility didn't fare well here either. In fact, we found that just 5.1 percent of this facility's residents were able to return home. This figure was quite a bit off the national average.
The next category we graded is nursing, which proved to be this nursing home's weakest area. We gave this nursing home a grade of D in this area. Unfortunately, this category pulled down the nursing home's overall grade to some degree. Our nursing rating is based on the nursing home's level of nurse staffing. We look at both the levels of skill of those nurses and the amount of time spent with patients. This place provided just 0.3 hours of nursing care per patient per day. This statistic is far below the national average. Lastly, we also assessed some nursing quality measures in determining our nursing grades. This place performed well when it comes to minimizing its residents' pressure ulcers and major falls. Many consider these data points to be reliable indicators of the quality of nursing care.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
Florence Park Nursing & Rehab Center Quality Metrics
Minimizes Pressure Ulcers
In Florence Park Nursing & Rehab Center, 9.06% of Patients had Pressure Ulcers
This figure is a measure of the percent of long-term patients who developed new or worsened pressure ulcers or bed sores. We bake this statistic into our nursing grades.
Minimizes Serious Falls
In Florence Park Nursing & Rehab Center, 3.84% of Patients had Serious Falls
This is the percentage of patients who have had a major fall. Falls resulting in serious injury are considered by many in the nursing home industry to be an indicator of the quality of nursing care at a nursing home. Falls are often caused by poor nursing care.
Minimizes Urinary Tract Infections
In Florence Park Nursing & Rehab Center, 2.74% of Patients had UTIs
This datapoint indicates the percentage of long-term patients who suffered from UTI's. While a higher rate infections could reflect poorly on a facility's hygiene protocols, it is problematic to compare between facilities due to nursing homes having reporting standards.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Psychotic Medication
In Florence Park Nursing & Rehab Center, 15.92% of Patients use Anti-Psychotic Medication
This metric is a measure of the percent of long-term residents who are prescribed antipsychotic drugs. Excessive reliance on these medications may suggest a facility is using these drugs to control patient behavior in situations where such drugs are not medically indicated. However, some facilities may need to rely more on these medications due to having more residents suffering from dementia.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Anxiety Medication
In Florence Park Nursing & Rehab Center, 28.85% of Patients use Anti-Anxiety Medication
This tells you the percentage of residents who were prescribed antianxiety medications. Antianxiety drugs are given to residents suffering from depression and anxiety.
Managing Depression Among Residents
In Florence Park Nursing & Rehab Center, 8.85% of Patients
This is the percentage of residents exhibiting signs of depression. High rates of depression could be a sign lower quality care.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In Florence Park Nursing & Rehab Center, 90.04% of Patients
This indicates the percent of patients that were administered the flu and pneumonia vaccines. High vaccination rates should be demanded by residents.
Residents Maintain Autonomy
In Florence Park Nursing & Rehab Center, 15.42% Percentage of Patients
This datapoint is a measure of the percent of long-term patients that required more assistance with activities of daily living over time. ADL's include activities such as taking medications and continence.
Ability to Keep Residents Mobile
In Florence Park Nursing & Rehab Center, 20.17% Percentage of Residents
This metric is a measure of the percentage of long-term patients that retained mobility levels.
In Florence Park Nursing & Rehab Center, 1.59 Hospitalizations per 1,000 resident days
This indicates the number of hospitalizations per thousand days of care.
Short-term Care: Rehospitalizations
In Florence Park Nursing & Rehab Center, 20.17 Percentage of Residents Rehospitalized
This metric measures the number of rehospitalizations per 1,000 days of short-term resident care.
Short-term Care: ER Visits
In Florence Park Nursing & Rehab Center, 13.78 Percentage of Patients
This metric tracks the number of emergency room visits per 1,000 days of short-term patient care. Avoiding emergency medical situations is one way to gauge patient care during rehabilitation.
Short-term Care: Facilitates Functional Improvement
In Florence Park Nursing & Rehab Center, 72.12% Percentage of Resident
This metric measures the percent of short-term care patients that experienced functional improvements, such as enhanced ability to perform activities of daily living. Many would argue that this is a measure of rehabilitation services.
- St Elizabeth FlorenceAcute Care Hospitals 0.7 miles away4900 Houston Road Florence Kentucky 41042Voluntary non-profit - Private(859) 212-5220
- St Elizabeth Medical Center NorthAcute Care Hospitals 3.72 miles away1 Medical Village Drive Ft Mitchell Kentucky 41017Voluntary non-profit - Church(859) 301-2000
- St Elizabeth Ft ThomasAcute Care Hospitals 10.19 miles away85 North Grand Avenue Fort Thomas Kentucky 41075Voluntary non-profit - Private(859) 572-3100
- Christ HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 10.28 miles away2139 Auburn Avenue Cincinnati Ohio 45219Voluntary non-profit - Private(513) 585-2000
- Good Samaritan HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 10.94 miles away375 Dixmyth Avenue Cincinnati Ohio 45220Voluntary non-profit - Church(513) 862-2646
- University of Cincinnati Medical Center, LLCAcute Care Hospitals 11.33 miles away234 Goodman Street Cincinnati Ohio 45219Voluntary non-profit - Private(513) 584-1000
- Cincinnati Children's Hospital Medical CenterChildrens 11.63 miles away3333 Burnet Avenue Cincinnati Ohio 45229Voluntary non-profit - Private(513) 636-3333
- Mercy Health - West HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 12.17 miles away3300 Mercy Health Blvd Cincinnati Ohio 45211Voluntary non-profit - Private(513) 215-5000
- Davita - Turfway Dialysis0.58 miles away11 Spiral Drive, Suite 15a Florence Kentucky 41042Dialysis Stations: 16 (859) 371-1263
- Davita-Turfway Pd Training0.58 miles away11 Spiral Drive, Suite 15a Florence Kentucky 41042Dialysis Stations: 4 (859) 647-2802
- Fmc - Boone County0.66 miles away7205 Dixie Highway Florence Kentucky 41042Dialysis Stations: 16 (859) 525-1060
- Fmc - Edgewood2.81 miles away210 Thomas More Parkway Suite 1 Ft Mitchell Kentucky 41017Dialysis Stations: 17 (859) 331-0167
- Davita - Crestview Hills Dialysis3.76 miles away400 Centre View Blvd Ft Mitchell Kentucky 41017Dialysis Stations: 20 (859) 341-5561
- Davita - 12th St. Covington Dialysis7.67 miles away1500 James Simpson Jr. Way, Ste. 1100 Covington Kentucky 41011Dialysis Stations: 17 (859) 261-4345
- Davita - Delhi Dialysis7.82 miles away5040 Delhi Pike Cincinnati Ohio 45238CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 16 (513) 922-5900
- Davita - Western Hills Dialysis9.57 miles away3267 Westbourne Ave. Cincinnati Ohio 45248CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 16 (513) 347-0444