Fletcher Health and Rehabilitation Center is an average-sized nursing home located in Tampa, Florida. This facility is a well below average facility. A grade of this caliber indicates we found some red flags. This is not the worse facility we found, but we would still be very reluctant to recommend it. More information on this nursing home's category grades is available below. Its best category was inspections, which is discussed in the next section.
Get our free e-book to learn all about your senior care options.
Fletcher Health and Rehabilitation Center
- Nursing Home
Updated Apr 1, 2023 by Nick Lata
Note: Fletcher Health and Rehabilitation Center has been flagged for abuse in the past 12 months. We have capped this facility's overall grade accordingly.
Get pricing and details on Tampa senior living options.Get Pricing
- Accepts Medicare 1
- Accepts Medicaid 1
- No CCRC
- Has Resident Council
- Has Family Council
- For profit - Limited Liability company
- Speech Therapy
- Occupational Therapy
- Physical Therapy
Get our free e-book to learn all about your senior care options.
Registered Staff Hours
While we were not high on this nursing home overall, we awarded it a grade of B- for inspections. This grade is more respectable than the facility's overall grade. Our inspection scores are tied to many datapoints located in the a nursing home's recent inspection reports. Deficiencies are a key item to look for on these reports. Severe deficiencies indicate a threat to the well being of residents. This particular nursing home received 7 deficiencies on its inspection report. Another red flag is that CMS cited this nursing home for possible abuse or neglect. Hopefully, its performance improves in the future, but until then we simply can't recommend this facility.
One of the other reasons we rated this facility so highly is that it received a very impressive nursing rating. This proved to be its second best category grade. In that category, we awarded this facility a grade of B-. Nursing grades are heavily correlated with nurse staffing levels. This nursing home provides only 0.3 hours of nursing care per resident per day. This is a somewhat uninspiring figure which is well below the national average. Finally, while this nursing home got dinged a bit for its nursing hours, it actually excelled in some of our quality-based measures. With less than five percent of its residents suffering from pressure ulcers, it did well in this metric.
Does this page answer your questions about Fletcher Health and Rehabilitation Center?
Short-term Care Quality
The third area we graded is short-term care. In that area, we gave this nursing home a solid grade of B-. In calculating our short-term care scores, we scrutinize a facility's levels of highly skilled nursing services, which includes registered nurses, physical therapists respiratory therapists and other highly skilled individuals. This grade is more often than not a solid assessment of the facility's rehabilitation services. Unfortunately, we found that this nursing home provided fewer physical therapist and registered nurse hours per resident than most other nursing homes. The tricky part is determining what bearing this had on quality of care. The last measure we considered in this category is the percentage of patients who were able to leave the facility and return home. We discovered that just 5.1 percent of this facility's residents were able to return home, which is below average.
Long-term Care Quality
The last area we scored was long-term care. We awarded it a C in this area. This is a fair grade in this area. With our long-term care assessment, we assess the quantity of care provided by a nursing home, as well as a handful of qualitative statistics. One of the statistics we considered on top of nurse's aid hours was vaccines. Fortunately, this facility administered the pneumonia vaccination to 99.35691 percent of its residents. This nursing home was able to keep its patients out of the hospital. It had only 0.04 hospitalizations per one thousand long-term resident days, which is an impressively low figure.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
Fletcher Health and Rehabilitation Center Quality Metrics
Minimizes Pressure Ulcers
In Fletcher Health and Rehabilitation Center, 9.78% of Patients had Pressure Ulcers
This is the percent of patients that sustained a pressure ulcer. Pressure ulcers are damage to the skin caused by staying in one position for too long.
Minimizes Serious Falls
In Fletcher Health and Rehabilitation Center, 1.93% of Patients had Serious Falls
This indicates the percent of patients who sustained a major fall. Falls resulting in serious injury are often the result of lower quality nursing care. Additional nurse staffing reduces the percentage of residents in a nursing home who sustain major falls.
Minimizes Urinary Tract Infections
In Fletcher Health and Rehabilitation Center, 0% of Patients had UTIs
This tells you the percent of patients who suffered from a urinary tract infection. Urinary tract infections are considered by many experts to be a barometer of the quality of nursing care at a nursing home. UTI's are often linked to poor nursing care. Nevertheless, this statistic can be misleading for certain facilities due to varying reporting standards for urinary tract infections.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Psychotic Medication
In Fletcher Health and Rehabilitation Center, 5.73% of Patients use Anti-Psychotic Medication
This datapoint is an indication of the percent of long-term care patients who are prescribed antipsychotic medication. High levels of antipsychotic drug use may suggest that a facility is using these drugs to control patient behavior in scenarios where such medications are not medically indicated. Nevertheless, some facilities may need to rely on these drugs due to having more residents suffering from cognitive disorders.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Anxiety Medication
In Fletcher Health and Rehabilitation Center, 14.29% of Patients use Anti-Anxiety Medication
This tells you the percent of residents who were given antianxiety medications. These drugs are generally prescribed to residents suffering from depression or anxiety.
Managing Depression Among Residents
In Fletcher Health and Rehabilitation Center, 0.37% of Patients
This tells you the percent of patients who are demonstrating depressive symptoms. High levels of depression could be a sign a lower level of care.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In Fletcher Health and Rehabilitation Center, 99.68% of Patients
This tells you the percentage of residents who have received the flu and pneumonia vaccines. High vaccination rates should be the norm at this point.
Residents Maintain Autonomy
In Fletcher Health and Rehabilitation Center, 10.88% of Patients
Measures the percentage of long-term patients who needed additional assistance with activities of daily living over time. Activities of daily living include activities such as taking medications and taking a bath.
Ability to Keep Residents Mobile
In Fletcher Health and Rehabilitation Center, 13.1% of Residents
This metric measures the percentage of long-term patients that were able to retain mobility. Many believe that the ability to move around is vital to residents' health.
In Fletcher Health and Rehabilitation Center, 0.04 Hospitalizations per 1,000 resident days
This metric is a measure of the number of hospitalizations per 1,000 days of patient care.
Short-term Care: Rehospitalizations
In Fletcher Health and Rehabilitation Center, 13.1% of Residents Rehospitalized
This indicates the number of times residents are rehospitalized per thousand days of short-term care. There is usually a correlation between avoiding hospitalizations and a nursing homes short-term rehabilitation performance.
Short-term Care: ER Visits
In Fletcher Health and Rehabilitation Center, 12.34% of Patients
This datapoint measures the number of emergency room visits per thousand days of short-term patient care.
Short-term Care: Facilitates Functional Improvement
In Fletcher Health and Rehabilitation Center, 74.26% of Resident
This is a measure of the percent of short-term stay patients that saw functional improvements, such as with activities of daily living. Some experts would argue that this is a measure of a nursing home's rehabilitation services.
Scores for Tampa, FL
- Overall Rating has a grade of B
- Nurse Rating has a grade of B-plus
- Long-term Care Rating has a grade of B
- Short-term Care Rating has a grade of B
- Inspection Rating has a grade of B-plus
Looking for more options? Tampa, Florida has 7 other nursing homes
- Adventhealth TampaAcute Care Hospitals 2.48 miles away3100 E Fletcher Ave Tampa Florida 33613Voluntary non-profit - Private(813) 615-7200
- Adventhealth CarrollwoodAcute Care Hospitals 4.65 miles away7171 N Dale Mabry Hwy Tampa Florida 33614Voluntary non-profit - Church(813) 932-2222
- Tampa General HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 9.06 miles away1 Tampa General Cir Tampa Florida 33606Voluntary non-profit - Private(813) 844-7000
- Memorial Hospital of TampaAcute Care Hospitals 9.23 miles away2901 W Swann Ave Tampa Florida 33609Proprietary(813) 873-6400
- Adventhealth Wesley ChapelAcute Care Hospitals 11.13 miles away2600 Bruce B Downs Blvd Wesley Chapel Florida 33544Voluntary non-profit - Private(813) 929-5490
- North Tampa Behavioral HealthPsychiatric 12.74 miles away29910 Sr 56 Wesley Chapel Florida 33543Voluntary non-profit - Private(813) 333-0000
- Brandon Regional HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 14.04 miles away119 Oakfield Dr Brandon Florida 33511Proprietary(813) 681-5551
- Medical Center of TrinityAcute Care Hospitals 15 miles away9330 Sr 54, Ste 401 New Port Richey Florida 34655Proprietary(727) 834-4900
- Carrollwood Dialysis2.62 miles away14358 N Dale Mabry Hwy Tampa Florida 33618CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 16 (813) 960-3751
- Dsi North Tampa Dialysis3.14 miles away3421 North Lakeview Drive Tampa Florida 33618Dialysis Stations: 17 (813) 261-1864
- Carrollwood Artificial Kidney Center3.64 miles away4553 Gunn Hwy Westwood Plaza Tampa Florida 33624CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 21 (813) 265-9733
- Usf Dialysis Center3.66 miles away10770 N 46th Street #a100 Tampa Florida 33617CMS Rating: 1 stars Dialysis Stations: 29 (813) 632-7918
- Temple Terrace Dialysis4.36 miles away11306 53rd St Tampa Florida 33617CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 24 (813) 989-2062
- Fmc - Ybor City5.46 miles away2525 E. Hillsborough Ave Suite 209 Tampa Florida 33610CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 17 (813) 231-6859
- Renal Care Group - North Tampa5.64 miles away12674 Telecom Drive Tampa Florida 33637Dialysis Stations: 24 (813) 971-7580
- Dsi - Tampa Central5.72 miles away4705 N Armenia Ave Tampa Florida 33603CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 20 (813) 353-8100