Fleet Landing is an average-sized non-profit facility located in Atlantic Beach, Florida. It looks like this nursing home is ranked among the most impressive nursing homes we found. Receiving an A+ in our rating scheme requires first-rate scores across the board. Based on our analysis, you can't go wrong with this nursing home. If you look below, you can see this nursing home's category ratings, which appear to be just as strong as its overall score.
- Nursing Home
- Home Health Agency
- Independent Living
- Assisted Living
- Memory Care
Updated Sep 1, 2022 by Nick Reese
One Fleet Landing Blvd,
Atlantic Beach FL 32233
52.6% estimated occupancy 1
- Accepts Medicare 1
- No Medicaid 1
- Is CCRC
- Has Resident Council
- No Family Council
- Non profit - Corporation
- Secure Memory Care
- Offers Hospice
- Offers Post-Acute Care
- Offers Inpatient Rehab
- Offers Outpatient Rehab
- Personal Care
- Medication Management
- Home Making
- Medical Transportation
- Speech Therapy
- Stroke Recovery
- Wound Care
- Occupational Therapy
- Cardiac Therapy
- Tracheotomy Care
- Mental Health
- Diabetes Management
- Physical Therapy
- Respiratory Therapy
- Nutritional Counseling
- Recreational Therapy
- Pain Management
- Colostomy Care
- Orthopedic Rehabilitation
- Catheter Care
Top Nursing Home in Florida Awards 2019
Top Nursing Home in Florida Awards 2021
Registered Staff Hours
On top of receiving an elite overall grade, this nursing home earned an A+ inspection rating. This grade is based on the facility's recent inspection reports. An A+ in this area is one of the best complements we can offer a facility. These inspection ratings weigh several factors, including deficiencies and federal fines. You can find more information about each of these items by obtaining copies of nursing homes' inspection reports. Fortunately, although this facility had a few minor dings on its government inspection report, it had zero severe deficiencies. Severe deficiencies are labeled as categories G, H, I, J, K and L. This means CMS didn't consider any of the deficiencies on this facility's report to pose an imminent threat to patient safety or health. Finally, this facility had no substantiated complaints this year from residents, which is an excellent sign.
Short-term Care Quality
Among its many dominant grades, this facility was awarded an excellent short-term care grade. In fact, we awarded it a grade of A in this area. In crafting these short-term care grades, we analyze the facility's skilled nursing services, such as those performed by registered nurses, occupational therapists, physical therapists and other types of skilled professionals. Our goal is to devise a barometer for sizing up the rehabilitation services of different nursing homes. Fortunately, it appear that this nursing home has registered nurses on staff. Not every facility employs these types of nurses. On the other hand, based on the data this nursing home provided, they do not appear to employ physical therapists. Lastly, we looked at the percentage of residents that returned home from this nursing home. We found that 5.5 percent of this nursing home's residents were able to return home.
Does this page answer your questions about Fleet Landing?
This nursing home also received a very impressive nursing grade. In that area, we awarded this facility a grade of A. Our nursing score analyzes many factors, many of which are associated with levels of nurse staffing. This particular nursing home provided 0.6 hours of nursing care per resident per day. Finally, our nursing grades also factor in quality-based assessments, such as avoiding major falls. This facility performed well in this area. Avoiding major falls is typically a good indicator that a facility has reliable quality controls in place. Major falls can typically be avoided if more nurses aids and better safety protocols are in place.
Long-term Care Quality
The last area we assessed is long-term care, where this facility was awarded a grade of A. This wrapped up an elite profile. Not many nursing homes received an A- or better in every category. Long-term care ratings of this caliber generally require both around the clock care from nurses and aids, as well as quality routine medical care. One of the criteria we considered in addition to nursing hours is vaccinations. This nursing home administered the pneumonia vaccination to 99.30556 percent of its patients. This is a proven method to avoid negative health outcomes for the aged 65 and up population. Lastly, this facility was able to limit hospitalizations. It had only 0.01 hospitalizations per 1,000 long-term resident days, which is an impressively low figure.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
Fleet Landing Quality Metrics
Minimizes Pressure Ulcers
In Fleet Landing, 9.08% of Patients had Pressure Ulcers
This metric is a measure of the percent of long-term care patients which suffered from new or worsened pressure ulcers . We consider this statistic when determining our nursing grades.
Minimizes Serious Falls
In Fleet Landing, 2.82% of Patients had Serious Falls
This tells you the percentage of residents that have had a major fall. Falls resulting in major injuries are considered by many in the nursing home industry to be an indicator of the quality of nursing care at a nursing home. Falls leading to injury are routinely the result of lower quality nursing care.
Minimizes Urinary Tract Infections
In Fleet Landing, 1.81% of Patients had UTIs
This metric measures the percent of long-term care residents that experienced a urinary tract infection. UTI's could be a sign of a facility with worst hygiene practices. Nevertheless, this metric may also be skewed for some nursing homes due to inconsistent reporting standards for these infections.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Psychotic Medication
In Fleet Landing, 10.64% of Patients use Anti-Psychotic Medication
This indicates the percentage of residents who were given antipsychotic drugs. Antipsychotic drugs are administered to patients for a variety of conditions, such as Alzheimer's or other dementias. Sadly, in limited situations, high levels of antipsychotic drug use may indicate that a facility is using these medications to control patient behavior.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Anxiety Medication
In Fleet Landing, 21.27% of Patients use Anti-Anxiety Medication
This is a measure of the percentage of long-term patients receiving antianxiety drugs.
Managing Depression Among Residents
In Fleet Landing, 2.33% of Patients
This metric measures the percentage of long-term care residents showing signs of depression. Many would argue that this is a measure of resident quality of life.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In Fleet Landing, 94.94% of Patients
This indicates the percent of residents who were given the pneumonia and flu vaccines. High vaccination rates should be the norm at this point.
Residents Maintain Autonomy
In Fleet Landing, 13.07% Percentage of Patients
This tells you the percentage of patients that required increased assistance with activities of daily living over time.
Ability to Keep Residents Mobile
In Fleet Landing, 16.78% Percentage of Residents
This is the percentage of patients who retained mobility levels over time. Retaining mobility is often a good sign for residents' health.
In Fleet Landing, 1.76 Hospitalizations per 1,000 resident days
This indicates the number of times residents are hospitalized per 1,000 days of care.
Short-term Care: Rehospitalizations
In Fleet Landing, 16.78 Percentage of Residents Rehospitalized
This metric measures the number of rehospitalizations per thousand days of short-term care. Avoiding rehospitalizations during rehabilitation is critical to restoring the health of residents.
Short-term Care: ER Visits
In Fleet Landing, 9.16 Percentage of Patients
This metric is a measure of the number of emergency room visits per 1,000 days of short-term care. Avoiding emergency medical situations is one way to gauge patient care during rehabilitation.
Short-term Care: Facilitates Functional Improvement
In Fleet Landing, 78.49% Percentage of Resident
This indicates the percent of short-term care residents who saw functional improvements, such as with activities of daily living.
- Baptist Medical Center - BeachesAcute Care Hospitals 5.41 miles away1350 13th Ave S Jacksonville Beach Florida 32250Voluntary non-profit - Private(904) 247-2900
- Mayo ClinicAcute Care Hospitals 6.41 miles away4500 San Pablo Rd Jacksonville Florida 32224Voluntary non-profit - Private(904) 953-2000
- Memorial Hospital JacksonvilleAcute Care Hospitals 12.51 miles away3625 University Blvd S Jacksonville Florida 32216Proprietary(904) 702-6111
- Ascension St Vincent's SouthsideAcute Care Hospitals 12.68 miles away4201 Belfort Rd Jacksonville Florida 32216Voluntary non-profit - Private(904) 296-3700
- Uf Health JacksonvilleAcute Care Hospitals 15.25 miles away655 W 8th St Jacksonville Florida 32209Voluntary non-profit - Private(904) 244-0411
- Baptist Medical Center JacksonvilleAcute Care Hospitals 15.48 miles away800 Prudential Dr Jacksonville Florida 32207Voluntary non-profit - Private(904) 202-2000
- Ascension St Vincent's RiversideAcute Care Hospitals 17.1 miles away1 Shircliff Way Jacksonville Florida 32204Voluntary non-profit - Private(904) 308-7300
- Nh JacksonvilleAcute Care - Department of Defense 19.43 miles away2080 Child Street Jacksonville Florida 32212Department of Defense(904) 542-7300
- Jacksonville Beach Dialysis4.18 miles away1711 5th Street South Jacksonville Beach Florida 32250Dialysis Stations: 17 (904) 247-9974
- Beach Boulevard Dialysis4.94 miles away14444 Beach Blvd #B Jacksonville Beach Florida 32250Dialysis Stations: 16 (904) 992-9254
- Fresenius Kidney Care Regency Dialysis6.82 miles away1211 St Johns Bluff Rd North Jacksonville Florida 32225Dialysis Stations: 13 (904) 565-9100
- Mayo Clinic Outpatient Dialysis7.14 miles away5658 Worrall Way Jacksonville Florida 32224Dialysis Stations: 24 (904) 956-2020
- Bma - Saint Johns8.38 miles away3132 Saint Johns Bluff Rd S Jacksonville Florida 32246Dialysis Stations: 24 (904) 641-0806
- Regency Dialysis Center8.66 miles away9535 Regency Square Blvd Jacksonville Florida 32225CMS Rating: 5 stars Dialysis Stations: 16 (904) 725-0526
- Arlington Dialysis Center9.6 miles away7645 Merrill Rd #204 Jacksonville Florida 32277Dialysis Stations: 20 (904) 744-6130
- Jacksonville Arlington Dialysis11.77 miles away929 University Blvd N Jacksonville Florida 32211Dialysis Stations: 16 (904) 743-1689