Flatirons Health and Rehab is the lone facility we identified in Louisville, Colorado. This proved to be an A rated facility, which is one of the most impressive grades that we offer. We were so impressed with this nursing home that we ranked it in the top ten percentile of all facilities in the nation. As you will see below, this place performed just as well in our category ratings. We give this place two thumbs up!
Get our free e-book to learn all about your senior care options.
Flatirons Health and Rehab
- Nursing Home
- Independent Living
- Assisted Living
Updated Apr 1, 2023 by Nick Reese
Get pricing and details on Louisville senior living options.Get Pricing
- Accepts Medicare 1
- No Medicaid 1
- Is CCRC
- No Resident Council
- No Family Council
- For profit - Individual
- Offers Hospice
- Offers Post-Acute Care
- Offers Respite Care
- Offers Inpatient Rehab
- Offers Outpatient Rehab
- Personal Care
- Medication Management
- Home Making
- Medical Transportation
- Speech Therapy
- Stroke Recovery
- IV Antibiotic Therapy
- Wound Care
- Occupational Therapy
- Cardiac Therapy
- Physical Therapy
- Respiratory Therapy
- Nutritional Counseling
- Recreational Therapy
- Pain Management
- Oncology Care
- Orthopedic Rehabilitation
Get our free e-book to learn all about your senior care options.
Registered Staff Hours
Short-term Care Quality
One of the many reasons this turned out to be a great facility is that it received a strong short-term care grade. In fact, this turned out to be its best category. In that area, we awarded this nursing home an A. Our short-term care ratings are vital for people in need of rehabilitation. Rehabilitation generally utilizes additional highly-skilled nursing. Skilled nursing means a vast spectrum of services, spanning from registered nurses to physical and respiratory therapists, as well as other forms of therapy. Fortunately, it looks like this nursing home employs registered nurses. Not every nursing home employs these skilled professionals. However, according to the data this nursing home provided, it does not look like the facility employs physical therapists. Finally, we looked at the percentage of patients who were able to return to the community from this nursing home. We found that 5.8 percent of this facility's residents returned home.
In addition, this nursing home also received a nearly flawless government inspection report. As a result, it earned one of our highest grades in that area with an A. Inspection scores are tied to items located in the a nursing home's recent government inspections. Nursing homes that receive favorable grades in this category tend to have few deficiencies on those reports. Most importantly, these facilities generally do not have any severe deficiencies which are associated with risks to patient safety. Although this nursing home had some deficiencies on its report, none of them were severe based on CMS' scale. Finally, this facility had no substantiated complaints this year from residents, which is an excellent sign.
Does this page answer your questions about Flatirons Health and Rehab?
Long-term Care Quality
Compounding its first-rate profile, this facility also was given a superb long-term care score, with a score of A. For long-term care residents, the nursing home's primary objective is to maintain residents' quality of life and keep them safe. After looking at the amount of care provided by aids and other staff, we then analyzed the facility's vaccination record. Unfortunately, we weren't able to locate information about this nursing home's vaccination rates. Clearly, this nursing home is doing something right in this area as it also excelled at keeping its patients out of the hospital. In fact, it had less than one hospitalization per 1,000 long-term resident days, which is a remarkably low number.
In the final category, this nursing home also received a first-rate nursing score, with a grade of A. This rounded out a very favorable profile. When calculating a facility's nursing score, we consider the quantity of hours nurses are with residents and the skill levels of those nurses. This nursing home averages 0.5 hours of nursing care per resident per day. Finally, we also looked at some nursing quality-based metrics in determining our nursing grades. This place performed very well when it comes to avoiding pressure ulcers and major falls. We consider these areas to be good indicators of the quality of nursing care.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
Flatirons Health and Rehab Quality Metrics
Short-term Care: ER Visits
In Flatirons Health and Rehab, 12.31 Percentage of Patients
This indicates the number of times residents are sent to the emergency room per thousand days of short-term patient care. There is typically a correlation between fewer emergency room visits and the quality of rehabilitation.
Short-term Care: Facilitates Functional Improvement
In Flatirons Health and Rehab, 76.2% Percentage of Resident
This indicates the percent of short-term care patients that saw functional improvements, such as enhanced ability to perform activities of daily living. High levels of independence with ADL's often correlates with higher quality rehabilitation.
- Centura Health-Avista Adventist HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 1.53 miles away100 Health Park Dr Louisville Colorado 80027Voluntary non-profit - Church(303) 673-1280
- Good Samaritan Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 4.42 miles away200 Exempla Circle Lafayette Colorado 80026Voluntary non-profit - Private(303) 689-4000
- Foothills HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 4.89 miles away4747 Arapahoe Avenue Boulder Colorado 80303Voluntary non-profit - Private(303) 415-7000
- Uchealth Broomfield HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 5.59 miles away11820 Destination Drive Broomfield Colorado 80021Proprietary(303) 460-6000
- St Anthony North Health CampusAcute Care Hospitals 9.2 miles away14300 Orchard Pkwy Broomfield Colorado 80023Voluntary non-profit - Private(720) 627-0000
- North Suburban Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 12.04 miles away9191 Grant St Denver Colorado 80229Voluntary non-profit - Private(303) 451-7800
- Lutheran Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 14.37 miles away8300 W 38th Ave Wheat Ridge Colorado 80033Voluntary non-profit - Private(303) 425-4500
- Longmont United HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 14.84 miles away1950 Mountain View Ave Longmont Colorado 80501Voluntary non-profit - Private(303) 651-5111
- Kidney Center of Lafayette (Ara)4.42 miles away2655 Crescent Dr Ste C Lafayette Colorado 80026CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 24 (720) 890-4661
- Boulder Dialysis (Dva)6.58 miles away2880 Folsom St Ste 110 Boulder Colorado 80304Dialysis Stations: 14 (303) 440-5600
- Kidney Center of Frederick7.11 miles away5992 Iris Parkway Longmont Colorado 80504Dialysis Stations: 13 (303) 833-1381
- Kidney Center of Northridge (Ara)9.1 miles away1865 W 121st Ave, Ste 300c Denver Colorado 80234Dialysis Stations: 21 (303) 429-9550
- Arvada Dialysis Center (Dva)9.31 miles away9950 W 80th Ave Ste 25 Arvada Colorado 80005Dialysis Stations: 16 (303) 456-9556
- North Metro Denver Dialysis (Dva)9.54 miles away12365 Huron St Ste 500 Denver Colorado 80234Dialysis Stations: 17 (303) 451-9093
- Kidney Center of Westminster (Ara)11.24 miles away8410 Decatur St Ste 200 Westminster Colorado 80031CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 24 (303) 430-6518
- Thornton Dialysis (Dva)12 miles away8800 Fox Dr Denver Colorado 80260CMS Rating: 5 stars Dialysis Stations: 24 (303) 430-7020