Foulk Living is located in Wilmington, Delaware. The city provides many nursing home options. It looks like this nursing home is among the best facilities we looked at. This facility received one of the most impressive ratings we offer. Impressively, this grade is higher than the city grade of A- in Wilmington, which is one of the higher rated cities in Delaware. As you will see below, this nursing home performed equally well in our category scores. In fact, we gave it straight A's!
- Nursing Home
- Independent Living
- Assisted Living
- Adult Day Care
- Memory Care
Updated Nov 1, 2022 by Nick Lata
1212 Foulk Road,
Wilmington DE 19803
116.66% estimated occupancy 1
Get our free e-book to learn all about your senior care options.
- No Medicare 1
- Accepts Medicaid 1
- Is CCRC
- Has Resident Council
- No Family Council
- For profit - Corporation
- Offers Hospice
- Offers Post-Acute Care
- Offers Respite Care
- Offers Inpatient Rehab
- Personal Care
- Medication Management
- Home Making
- Speech Therapy
- Occupational Therapy
- Physical Therapy
- Nutritional Counseling
- Recreational Therapy
Top Nursing Home in Delaware Awards 2019
Top Nursing Home in Delaware Awards 2020
Top Nursing Home in Delaware Awards 2021
Registered Staff Hours
In addition to a phenomenal overall grade, this facility also received A+ nursing grade. There are a number of factors included in this category. Most of the criteria reflect the quantity and quality of nurse staffing. This nursing home provides 0.5 hours of nursing care per resident per day. Finally, we also assessed several nursing quality-based metrics and this facility excelled in some of these areas. With less than five percent of its residents sustaining pressure ulcers, it performed as well as any nursing home the country in this category. This is generally a good indicator of quality nursing care. Pressure ulcers can frequently be prevented by providing better nursing care, such as by having a system of moving a resident at least once a day.
Long-term Care Quality
This facility also received a impressive long-term care grade. This actually is its second most impressive category score. In that area, this facility received a score of A. When nursing homes receive a score in this range in long-term care it generally means it's well-staffed and is an overall good place to reside on a permanent basis. On top of considering the volume of care provided by nurses and other staff, we analyzed the percentage of residents vaccinated against pneumonia. This facility gave the vaccine to 97.26028 percent of its patients. Vaccines are vital to keeping patients healthy. Clearly, this facility is doing something right in this area as it also excelled at keeping its residents out of the hospital. It had only 0.01 hospitalizations per 1,000 long-term resident days, which is a remarkably low number.
Does this page answer your questions about Foulk Living?
This nursing home also earned excellent inspections in recent years. We awarded it one of our best grades in that category, with a score of A-. Our inspection scores are based on several datapoints located in the a nursing home's recent inspection reports. Nursing homes that receive favorable grades in this area tend to have few deficiencies on their reports. Most importantly, these facilities should not have any severe deficiencies which are associated with endangerment of patients. Although this place had a few deficiencies on its report, none of them were severe based on CMS' scale. Finally, this facility had no substantiated complaints this year from residents, which is an excellent sign.
Short-term Care Quality
Turning to our fourth area, this nursing home received a highly favorable short-term care score. We gave it an A- in this category, resulting in this facility receiving straight A's. Short-term care grades are typically used to assess a nursing home's rehabilitation services. To provide high-end rehabilitation services, facilities generally must offer better levels of skilled nursing services. These types of services include registered nurses, physical therapists, occupational therapists and other licensed professionals. Fortunately, it appear that this facility employs registered nurses. Not all facilities employs these skilled professionals. On the other hand, according to the data they provided, they do not appear to employ physical therapists. The final datapoint we considered in this category is the percentage of residents that ultimately were able to return home from the facility. We found that 0 percent of this nursing home's patients returned home as opposed to remaining at the nursing home on a permanent basis.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
Foulk Living Quality Metrics
Minimizes Pressure Ulcers
In Foulk Living, 5.88% of Patients had Pressure Ulcers
This indicates the percent of residents that sustained a pressure ulcer. Pressure ulcers are considered by many in the nursing home industry to be an indicator of the quality of nursing care . Pressure ulcers, also referred to as bed sores, are often caused by residents staying in one position for too long.
Minimizes Serious Falls
In Foulk Living, 3.19% of Patients had Serious Falls
This tells you the percentage of residents who suffered from a major fall. Falls resulting in major injury are often the result of poor nursing care. Closer supervision limits the number of major falls sustained by residents in a nursing home.
Minimizes Urinary Tract Infections
In Foulk Living, 2.01% of Patients had UTIs
This is the percent of residents that suffered from a urinary tract infection. Urinary tract infections are considered by many in the nursing home industry to be an indicator of the quality of nursing care . UTI's are routinely caused by lower quality nursing care. Nevertheless, this metric could also be skewed for certain nursing homes due to varying reporting standards for these infections.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Psychotic Medication
In Foulk Living, 10.65% of Patients use Anti-Psychotic Medication
This figure is an indication of the percentage of long-term residents receiving antipsychotic medications. While antipsychotic medications serve an important medical purpose, it is important to confirm these medications are being used appropriately. In some situations, excessive reliance on these medications may mean a facility is using these drugs to subdue residents.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Anxiety Medication
In Foulk Living, 18.41% of Patients use Anti-Anxiety Medication
This datapoint tells you the percent of long-term patients taking antianxiety medications.
Managing Depression Among Residents
In Foulk Living, 4.11% of Patients
This metric is a measure of the percent of long-term stay residents showing signs of depression. Some would argue that this is a reliable measure of quality of life.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In Foulk Living, 92.35% of Patients
This metric measures the percent of long-term care residents who received the flu and pneumonia vaccines.
Residents Maintain Autonomy
In Foulk Living, 13.82% Percentage of Patients
This indicates the percent of patients that required additional assistance with activities of daily living over time. High levels of needing for assistance with ADL's may indicate the deterioration of a patient's medical condition.
Ability to Keep Residents Mobile
In Foulk Living, 17.81% Percentage of Residents
This tells you the percentage of patients that were able to retain mobility over time. Preserving mobility is usually a good sign for residents' well-being.
In Foulk Living, 1.69 Hospitalizations per 1,000 resident days
This metric tracks the number of hospitalizations per thousand days of patient care. Minimizing hospitalizations is key to preserving the physical well-being of nursing home patients.
Short-term Care: Rehospitalizations
In Foulk Living, 17.81 Percentage of Residents Rehospitalized
This indicates the number of times residents are rehospitalized per 1,000 days of short-term patient care. There is generally a correlation between avoiding hospitalizations and a nursing homes short-term rehabilitation performance.
Scores for Wilmington, DE
- Overall Rating has a grade of A-minus
- Nurse Rating has a grade of A
- Long-term Care Rating has a grade of B-plus
- Short-term Care Rating has a grade of A-minus
- Inspection Rating has a grade of A-minus
Looking for more options? Wilmington, Delaware has 10 other nursing homes
- Alfred I Dupont Hospital for ChildrenChildrens 1.77 miles away1600 Rockland Rd PO Box 269 Wilmington Delaware 19899Voluntary non-profit - Private(302) 651-4000
- Riddle Memorial HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 9.82 miles away1068 West Baltimore Pike Media Pennsylvania 19063Voluntary non-profit - Private(610) 566-9400
- Rockford CenterPsychiatric 10.02 miles away100 Rockford Drive Newark Delaware 19713Proprietary(302) 996-5480
- Christiana Care Health Services, Inc.Acute Care Hospitals 10.76 miles away4755 Ogletown-Stanton Road Newark Delaware 19718Voluntary non-profit - Private(302) 733-1000
- Chester County HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 12.82 miles away701 East Marshall Street West Chester Pennsylvania 19380Voluntary non-profit - Private(610) 431-5000
- Salem Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 14.64 miles away310 Woodstown Road Salem New Jersey 08079Voluntary non-profit - Private(856) 935-1000
- Mercy Catholic Medical Center- Mercy FitzgeraldAcute Care Hospitals 16.51 miles away1500 Lansdowne Ave Darby Pennsylvania 19023Voluntary non-profit - Private(215) 237-4000
- Delaware County Memorial HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 17.05 miles away501 North Lansdowne Ave Drexel Hill Pennsylvania 19026Voluntary non-profit - Private(215) 284-8100
- Alfred I. Dupont Hospital for Children Dialysis Center1.88 miles away1600 Rockland Road Wilmington Delaware 19899Dialysis Stations: 6 (302) 651-5374
- Fresenius Kidney Care - North Wilmington2.26 miles away4000 Washington Street Wilmington Delaware 19802Dialysis Stations: 17 (302) 762-2903
- Bio-Medical Applications of Delaware Inc2.49 miles away1417 Foulk Road Wilmington Delaware 19803Dialysis Stations: 12 (302) 479-7130
- Fresenius Kidney Care - Riverside Park2.5 miles awayRiverside Medical Arts Complex, Suite g2 700 W. Lea Boulevard Wilmington Delaware 19802Dialysis Stations: 24 (302) 762-8585
- Liberty Dialysis - Wilmington3.41 miles away913 Delaware Avenue Wilmington Delaware 19806CMS Rating: 2 stars Dialysis Stations: 18 (302) 429-0142
- Davita Healthcare Partners, Inc.4.05 miles away265 Wilmington West Chester Pike Chadds Ford Pennsylvania 19317Dialysis Stations: 13 (610) 558-6965
- Fresenius Kidney Care - Brandywine4.52 miles away303 a Street Wilmington Delaware 19801Dialysis Stations: 25 (302) 658-7469
- Fresenius Kidney Care - Wilmington4.84 miles awaySt. Francis Medical Office Building, Suite 404 7th and Clayton Street Wilmington Delaware 19805Dialysis Stations: 17 (302) 421-9177