Paradigm at First Colony is a facility in Missouri City, Texas. This city has 91,828 people. This facility received an overall score of F. If you are not happy with this facility's pedestrian overall grade, you may find your options to be limited in Missouri City. The city has just three other nursing homes. More information on this facility's category grades may be found below. Its best category is inspections, which is addressed in the next section.
Paradigm at First Colony
- Nursing Home
- Home Health Agency
Updated Sep 1, 2022 by Nick Reese
- Accepts Medicare 1
- Accepts Medicaid 1
- No CCRC
- Has Resident Council
- No Family Council
- For profit - Limited Liability company
- Offers Hospice
- Offers Post-Acute Care
- Offers Inpatient Rehab
- Personal Care
- Medication Management
- Speech Therapy
- Stroke Recovery
- Amputee Recovery
- Wound Care
- Occupational Therapy
- Cardiac Therapy
- Diabetes Management
- Physical Therapy
- Respiratory Therapy
- Nutritional Counseling
- Pain Management
- Orthopedic Rehabilitation
- Catheter Care
Registered Staff Hours
In addition to receiving a bad overall score, we also awarded this nursing home terrible grades across the board in each of the categories. It only received a grade of just D for its inspections rating, which was its top category. Inspection scores account for several factors found on a facility's inspection reports. One key criteria we look at is the number and severity of deficiencies. This facility had 3 deficiencies by government inspectors. The only positive thing we can say is that none of the deficiencies were in the categories that indicate they created a risk to patient health or safety. Finally, we also need to draw your attention to the fact that this facility received large government fines recently of over $100,000. This usually indicates that a facility's poor performance has been an issue for several years.
In addition, we gave this facility an F in the area of nursing care. Nursing scores are primarily associated with a nursing home's level of nurse staffing. This facility offered just 0.3 hours of nursing care per patient daily. This is well below average. Finally, we also looked at some nursing quality measures in determining our nursing grades. This nursing home fared well in terms of minimizing its residents' pressure ulcers and major falls. Many consider these metrics to be good measures of the quality of nursing care.
Does this page answer your questions about Paradigm at First Colony?
Long-term Care Quality
Our third area we looked at is long-term care, in which this nursing home received an F. If you are seeking anything other than rehabilitation, you should take a close look at each nursing home's long-term care scores. One of the datapoints we considered in addition to nurse's aid hours is vaccinations. Fortunately, this facility provided the pneumonia vaccination to 97.297295 percent of its patients. To our surprise, this place was able to limit hospitalizations. With only 0.02 hospitalizations per one thousand long-term resident days, this nursing home had less hospitalizations than the majority of nursing homes. Sadly, a few of its other scores in this category weren't as favorable as these.
Short-term Care Quality
Turning to the next category, this facility really didn't fare very well in this category either. With an abysmal grade of F in short-term care, this is really as terrible as it gets. In determining our short-term care scores, we analyze a facility's levels of highly skilled nursing, which includes registered nurses, physical therapists speech therapists and other types of therapists. This score is more often than not a solid measure of a facility's rehabilitation. With a score of this caliber in this category, we weren't surprised to learn that this facility was well below average in many staffing areas we looked at. It provided substantially fewer physical therapist and registered nurse hours per patient than most nursing homes. Finally, we looked at the percentage of residents who returned home from this facility. This facility didn't fare well here either. In fact, we found that just 3.7 percent of this facility's patients were able to return home.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
Paradigm at First Colony Quality Metrics
Minimizes Pressure Ulcers
In Paradigm at First Colony, 7.79% of Patients had Pressure Ulcers
This is the percent of patients who suffered from a pressure ulcer. Pressure ulcers are skin damage resulting from staying in the same position for an excessive period of time.
Minimizes Serious Falls
In Paradigm at First Colony, 3.33% of Patients had Serious Falls
This datapoint gauges the percentage of long-term patients which experienced a fall which caused severe injury. Falls can happen for a variety of reasons, but excessive numbers of falls could be an indicator of poor nursing care.
Minimizes Urinary Tract Infections
In Paradigm at First Colony, 1.51% of Patients had UTIs
This tells you the percent of patients that have had a urinary tract infection. Urinary tract infections are considered to be a barometer of nursing care at a nursing home. UTI's are often the result of lower quality nursing care. However, this statistic could be skewed for certain facilities due to varying reporting standards for urinary tract infections.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Psychotic Medication
In Paradigm at First Colony, 11.48% of Patients use Anti-Psychotic Medication
This statistic indicates the percent of long-term care residents receiving antipsychotic drugs. While antipsychotic medications serve an important medical purpose, it is important to confirm these medications are being used appropriately. In some cases, high levels of antipsychotic drug use may suggest a nursing home is using these medications to subdue residents.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Anxiety Medication
In Paradigm at First Colony, 22.56% of Patients use Anti-Anxiety Medication
This datapoint tells you the percent of long-term residents receiving antianxiety drugs.
Managing Depression Among Residents
In Paradigm at First Colony, 4.81% of Patients
This datapoint measures the percent of long-term care residents who are showing signs of depression.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In Paradigm at First Colony, 94.64% of Patients
This metric measures the percentage of long-term stay residents that were given the pneumonia and flu vaccines. Respiratory viruses can be very dangerous for nursing home patients, making these vaccines vital to patient safety.
Residents Maintain Autonomy
In Paradigm at First Colony, 17.1% Percentage of Patients
This tells you the percent of residents who required more assistance with activities of daily living over time. High levels of needing for assistance with ADL's may be a sign of the erosion of a patient's well-being.
Ability to Keep Residents Mobile
In Paradigm at First Colony, 16.36% Percentage of Residents
This is the percentage of patients who were able to retain mobility over time. Preserving mobility is usually a good sign for residents' health.
In Paradigm at First Colony, 1.67 Hospitalizations per 1,000 resident days
This is the number of hospitalizations per 1,000 days of patient care. There is a correlation between having fewer hospitalizations and the quality of care.
Short-term Care: Rehospitalizations
In Paradigm at First Colony, 16.36 Percentage of Residents Rehospitalized
This indicates the number of rehospitalizations per 1,000 days of short-term patient care.
Short-term Care: ER Visits
In Paradigm at First Colony, 11.4 Percentage of Patients
This is the number of emergency room visits per 1,000 days of short-term care. There is a correlation between reduced emergency room visits and the overall quality of rehabilitation.
Short-term Care: Facilitates Functional Improvement
In Paradigm at First Colony, 66.86% Percentage of Resident
This tells you the percent of short-term stay patients that experienced functional improvements, such as with activities of daily living. High levels of independence with ADL's generally correlates with better rehabilitation.
Scores for Missouri City, TX
- Overall Rating has a grade of D
- Nurse Rating has a grade of D
- Long-term Care Rating has a grade of D
- Short-term Care Rating has a grade of C
- Inspection Rating has a grade of B
Looking for more options? Missouri City, Texas has 3 other nursing homes
- St Luke's Sugar Land HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 2.48 miles away1317 Lake Pointe Parkway Sugar Land Texas 77478Voluntary non-profit - Private(281) 637-7000
- Houston Methodist Sugarland HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 3.19 miles away16655 Southwest Freeway Sugar Land Texas 77479Voluntary non-profit - Private(281) 274-8000
- Sugar Land Surgical Hospital LlpAcute Care Hospitals 3.48 miles away16906 Southwest Freeway Sugar Land Texas 77479Physician(281) 243-1000
- Memorial Hermann Sugar Land HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 7 miles away17500 W Grand Parkway South Sugar Land Texas 77479Voluntary non-profit - Private(281) 725-5000
- Hca Houston Healthcare WestAcute Care Hospitals 8.89 miles away12141 Richmond Ave Houston Texas 77082Proprietary(281) 588-8080
- Hca Houston Healthcare PearlandAcute Care Hospitals 11.52 miles away11100 Shadow Creek Parkway Pearland Texas 77584Proprietary(713) 770-7000
- Oakbend Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 11.68 miles away1705 Jackson St Richmond Texas 77469Government - Hospital District or Authority(281) 341-3000
- Texas Orthopedic HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 12.43 miles away7401 South Main Street Houston Texas 77030Voluntary non-profit - Other(713) 799-8600
- Aqua Dialysis Fort Bend LLC1.11 miles away12220 Murphy Rd Ste R Stafford Texas 77477Dialysis Stations: 16 (281) 568-9911
- Diamond Dialysis - Stafford Texas LLC1.42 miles away3623 South Main Street Ste 100 Stafford Texas 77477Dialysis Stations: 13 (832) 987-1793
- Missouri City Dialysis1.53 miles away1673 Cartwright Road Missouri City Texas 77459CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 20 (281) 437-9700
- Ft Bend Dialysis Ctr1.53 miles away3819 Cartwright Rd Missouri City Texas 77459CMS Rating: 2 stars Dialysis Stations: 16 (281) 403-0749
- Global Dialysis Plus Inc1.73 miles away12823 Capricorn Drive Stafford Texas 77477Dialysis Stations: 8 (281) 980-0446
- Quality Dialysis Two, Inc1.73 miles away13311 Pike Road Stafford Texas 77477Dialysis Stations: 3 (281) 491-4009
- Dialyspa Iv, LLC1.96 miles away13444 Southwest Fwy Ste 1b Sugar Land Texas 77478Dialysis Stations: 18 (346) 309-2025
- Riverstone Dialysis2.06 miles away5672 Highway 6 Missouri City Texas 77459Dialysis Stations: 12 (281) 499-8950