Paradigm at First Colony is a facility in Missouri City, Texas. This city has 91,828 people. This facility received an overall score of F. If you are not happy with this facility's poor overall grade, you may find your options to be limited in Missouri City. The city has just one other nursing home. We were surprised to find that this nursing home actually received one decent category grade in inspections, which you can find more information about below.
Get our free e-book to learn all about your senior care options.
Paradigm at First Colony
- Nursing Home
- Home Health Agency
Updated Apr 1, 2023 by Nick Reese
Get pricing and details on Missouri City senior living options.Get Pricing
- Accepts Medicare 1
- Accepts Medicaid 1
- No CCRC
- Has Resident Council
- No Family Council
- For profit - Limited Liability company
- Offers Hospice
- Offers Post-Acute Care
- Offers Inpatient Rehab
- Personal Care
- Medication Management
- Speech Therapy
- Stroke Recovery
- Amputee Recovery
- Wound Care
- Occupational Therapy
- Cardiac Therapy
- Diabetes Management
- Physical Therapy
- Respiratory Therapy
- Nutritional Counseling
- Pain Management
- Orthopedic Rehabilitation
- Catheter Care
Get our free e-book to learn all about your senior care options.
Registered Staff Hours
While this place's overall grade was as bad as it gets, it actually didn't perform terribly in the area of inspections. In fact, we awarded it a grade of C for that category, which is one of our better scores. Our inspection grades are based on several datapoints located in the a nursing home's recent inspection reports. Deficiencies are a key thing to look for on these inspections. Severe deficiencies indicate a risk to resident safety. This nursing home was hit with 3 deficiencies on its government inspection report, but we were relieved to find that none were in any of the categories labeled G through L. This indicates this facility dodged the more serious classes of deficiencies. Unfortunately, we also need to draw your attention to the fact that this facility received significant government fines in recent years.
Long-term Care Quality
This facility ended up receiving a a terrible score in our long-term care category. It received an F in this category. In a long-term care setting, the facility's primary goal is to keep patients as healthy and safe as possible. This is different than skilled nursing or short-term care where the goal is to rehabilitate residents. On top of considering the quantity of care provided by nurses aids and other staff, we looked at the percentage of residents vaccinated for pneumonia. This facility administered the vaccine to 95.072464 percent of its residents. Surprisingly, this place was able to limit hospitalizations. With only 0.03 hospitalizations per one thousand long-term resident days, this facility had less hospitalizations than many nursing homes. Sadly, some of its other scores in the category weren't as favorable as these.
Does this page answer your questions about Paradigm at First Colony?
In addition, we gave this facility an F in the area of nursing care. There are numerous subcategories within this category. Most of the subcategories relate to nurse staffing. This place provided just 0.3 hours of nursing care per patient each day. Lastly, we also assessed some nursing quality measures in computing our nursing ratings. This place performed well when it comes to avoiding major falls and pressure ulcers. Many consider these statistics to be good indicators of the quality of nursing care.
Short-term Care Quality
The next area we analyzed was short-term care, in which this facility received a poor score in this category as well. Sadly, it received a lowly F in this area, which is definitely very concerning. With our short-term care grade, we seek to craft a sound barometer for rehabilitation services. In doing so, we look at the nursing home's offerings of highly-skilled nursing services, including both registered nurses and physical therapy, as well as occupational therapy. Not surprisingly, we found that this nursing home provides far less physical therapist and registered nurse hours per resident than the average facility. The final measure we assessed in this area is the percentage of residents who were able to leave the nursing home and return to the community. We discovered that just 3.7 percent of this facility's patients were able to return home, which is well below average. The combination of these poor metrics doomed this facility's short-term care score.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
Paradigm at First Colony Quality Metrics
Minimizes Pressure Ulcers
In Paradigm at First Colony, 7.17% of Patients had Pressure Ulcers
This measures the percent of long-term residents that have pressure ulcers . We bake this statistic into our nursing grades.
Minimizes Serious Falls
In Paradigm at First Colony, 3.38% of Patients had Serious Falls
This tells you the percentage of residents who suffered from a fall which resulted in major injury.
Minimizes Urinary Tract Infections
In Paradigm at First Colony, 1.52% of Patients had UTIs
This is the percentage of residents that suffered from a urinary tract infection. Urinary tract infections are often associated with poor nursing care. Better hygiene protocols can minimize the percentage of residents in a nursing home who suffer from UTI's. We want to point out that this datapoint is sometimes skewed by the fact that facilities have incongruent reporting standards for these infections.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Psychotic Medication
In Paradigm at First Colony, 10.14% of Patients use Anti-Psychotic Medication
This metric is an indication of the percent of long-term residents taking antipsychotic medications. While antipsychotic drugs serve an important medical purpose, it is important to confirm these medications are being used only where medically required. In some cases, high levels of antipsychotic drug use may mean a nursing home is using these medications to control patient behavior.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Anxiety Medication
In Paradigm at First Colony, 22.67% of Patients use Anti-Anxiety Medication
This is the percent of patients who were prescribed antianxiety medications. These medications are generally used to treat patients experiencing anxiety and depression.
Managing Depression Among Residents
In Paradigm at First Colony, 4.84% of Patients
This indicates the percentage of patients demonstrating signs of depression.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In Paradigm at First Colony, 93.69% of Patients
This datapoint measures the percentage of long-term care residents that received the flu and pneumonia vaccines.
Residents Maintain Autonomy
In Paradigm at First Colony, 17.58% Percentage of Patients
This metric is a measure of the percent of long-term residents that needed more assistance with activities of daily living over time. Activities of daily living include activities such as dressing and bathing.
Ability to Keep Residents Mobile
In Paradigm at First Colony, 13.47% Percentage of Residents
This is the percent of residents that were able to retain mobility over time. Optimizing mobility is often a great sign for residents' health.
In Paradigm at First Colony, 1.89 Hospitalizations per 1,000 resident days
This metric is a measure of the number of hospitalizations per thousand days of patient care. Minimizing hospitalizations is critical to maintaining the physical well-being of nursing home patients.
Short-term Care: Rehospitalizations
In Paradigm at First Colony, 13.47 Percentage of Residents Rehospitalized
This tells you the number of rehospitalizations per 1,000 days of short-term patient care. There is typically a correlation between avoiding hospitalizations and a nursing home's quality of short-term rehabilitation.
Short-term Care: ER Visits
In Paradigm at First Colony, 11.91 Percentage of Patients
This is the number of times residents are sent to the emergency room per thousand days of short-term care. There is typically a correlation between keeping patients out of the emergency room and the quality of care.
Short-term Care: Facilitates Functional Improvement
In Paradigm at First Colony, 66.29% Percentage of Resident
Measures the percentage of short-term stay patients that experienced functional improvements.
- St Luke's Sugar Land HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 2.48 miles away1317 Lake Pointe Parkway Sugar Land Texas 77478Voluntary non-profit - Private(281) 637-7000
- Houston Methodist Sugarland HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 3.19 miles away16655 Southwest Freeway Sugar Land Texas 77479Voluntary non-profit - Private(281) 274-8000
- Sugar Land Surgical Hospital LlpAcute Care Hospitals 3.48 miles away16906 Southwest Freeway Sugar Land Texas 77479Physician(281) 243-1000
- Memorial Hermann Sugar Land HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 7 miles away17500 W Grand Parkway South Sugar Land Texas 77479Voluntary non-profit - Private(281) 725-5000
- Hca Houston Healthcare WestAcute Care Hospitals 8.89 miles away12141 Richmond Ave Houston Texas 77082Proprietary(281) 588-8080
- Hca Houston Healthcare PearlandAcute Care Hospitals 11.52 miles away11100 Shadow Creek Parkway Pearland Texas 77584Proprietary(713) 770-7000
- Oakbend Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 11.68 miles away1705 Jackson St Richmond Texas 77469Government - Hospital District or Authority(281) 341-3000
- Texas Orthopedic HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 12.43 miles away7401 South Main Street Houston Texas 77030Voluntary non-profit - Other(713) 799-8600
- Aqua Dialysis Fort Bend LLC1.11 miles away12220 Murphy Rd Ste R Stafford Texas 77477Dialysis Stations: 16 (281) 568-9911
- Diamond Dialysis - Stafford Texas LLC1.42 miles away3623 South Main Street Ste 100 Stafford Texas 77477Dialysis Stations: 13 (832) 987-1793
- Missouri City Dialysis1.53 miles away1673 Cartwright Road Missouri City Texas 77459CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 20 (281) 437-9700
- Ft Bend Dialysis Ctr1.53 miles away3819 Cartwright Rd Missouri City Texas 77459CMS Rating: 2 stars Dialysis Stations: 16 (281) 403-0749
- Global Dialysis Plus Inc1.73 miles away12823 Capricorn Drive Stafford Texas 77477Dialysis Stations: 8 (281) 980-0446
- Quality Dialysis Two, Inc1.73 miles away13311 Pike Road Stafford Texas 77477Dialysis Stations: 3 (281) 491-4009
- Dialyspa Iv, LLC1.96 miles away13444 Southwest Fwy Ste 1b Sugar Land Texas 77478Dialysis Stations: 18 (346) 309-2025
- Riverstone Dialysis2.06 miles away5672 Highway 6 Missouri City Texas 77459Dialysis Stations: 12 (281) 499-8950