With an address in Lake Worth, Florida, Finnish-American Village is one of nine available facilities in this city. After receiving an overall score of A, this facility is among the highest-rated nursing homes we found. Based on our assessment, this nursing home is just about as as good as it gets. This facility also received phenomenal scores in all of our categories. More information about these categories can be found below.
- Nursing Home
- Assisted Living
Updated Jun 1, 2022 by Nick Reese
- Accepts Medicare 1
- Accepts Medicaid 1
- No CCRC
- Has Resident Council
- Has Family Council
- Non profit - Corporation
- Offers Hospice
- Offers Inpatient Rehab
- Personal Care
- Medication Management
- Home Making
- Medical Transportation
- Speech Therapy
- Wound Care
- Occupational Therapy
- Physical Therapy
- Nutritional Counseling
- Recreational Therapy
Registered Staff Hours
In addition to receiving a strong overall rating, this nursing home performed well in inspections, which is based on the facility's inspection reports. We gave it a grade of A in this area. Inspection scores are based on several pieces of information located in the a nursing home's recent inspection reports. Nursing homes that score well in this area have very few deficiencies on those reports. Most importantly, these facilities generally do not have any severe deficiencies which are associated with endangerment of patients. This nursing home received 3 deficiencies on its inspection report, but none of the deficiencies were considered to be severe. This indicates that CMS didn't consider any of the deficiencies to create an immediate risk to resident health or safety. Finally, this facility had no substantiated complaints this year from residents, which is an excellent sign.
Long-term Care Quality
This facility also was awarded a strong long-term care grade. Indeed, this is this facility's second best category grade. In that category, this facility received a score of A. When nursing homes receive a score in this range in long-term care it typically means it's well-staffed and is a quality place to reside on a permanent basis. Once we assessed the volume of care provided by nurses and other staff, we next considered the nursing home's vaccination record. This nursing home vaccinated 100 percent of its residents against pneumonia. Vaccines are vital to keeping residents healthy. Clearly, this facility is doing something right in this area as it was able to keep its patients out of the hospital. In fact, it had only 0.02 hospitalizations per 1,000 long-term resident days, which is a remarkably low figure.
Does this page answer your questions about Finnish-American Village?
This nursing home also received a very impressive nursing grade. In that area, we awarded this facility a grade of A. Our nursing rating is largely based on a facility's nurse staffing. This particular nursing home provided 0.4 hours of nursing care per resident per day. Finally, we also assessed several nursing quality-based metrics and this place excelled in some of these areas. With less than five percent of its residents sustaining pressure ulcers, it performed as well as any facility the country in this category. This is generally a good indicator of quality nursing care. Pressure ulcers can many times be avoided by offering better nursing care, such as by employing a system of moving a patient at least once a day.
Short-term Care Quality
The next category we analyzed is short-term care. In this category, we awarded this facility an impressive grade of B. In calculating these short-term care grades, we analyze the facility's skilled nursing services, including those performed by registered nurses, speech therapists, physical therapists and other types of therapists. Our goal is to devise a barometer for sizing up the rehabilitation services of various facilities. Fortunately, it looks like this facility has registered nurses on staff. Not all facilities employs these types of nurses. However, based on the information they provided, it does not look like the facility employs physical therapists. Finally, we looked at the number of patients who were able to return to the community from this facility. We found that 4.1 percent of this facility's patients returned home.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
Finnish-American Village Quality Metrics
Minimizes Pressure Ulcers
In Finnish-American Village, 9.03% of Patients had Pressure Ulcers
This metric tells you the percent of long-term residents who developed new or worsened pressure ulcers. We've found that pressure ulcers are a great indicator of nursing care quality.
Minimizes Serious Falls
In Finnish-American Village, 2.8% of Patients had Serious Falls
This datapoint indicates the percent of long-term care residents that sustained a fall leading to severe injury. Falls can arise for a variety of reasons, but high rates of major falls may be an indication of poor nursing care.
Minimizes Urinary Tract Infections
In Finnish-American Village, 1.82% of Patients had UTIs
This tells you the percent of patients who sustained a urinary tract infection. UTI's are considered to be a measure of the quality of nursing care . UTI's are routinely caused by worse hygiene protocols. However, this metric can be skewed for some facilities due to inconsistent reporting standards for infections.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Psychotic Medication
In Finnish-American Village, 10.99% of Patients use Anti-Psychotic Medication
This datapoint measures the percentage of long-term care residents who are prescribed antipsychotic medication. Increased usage of these drugs may mean that a facility is using these drugs to control patient behavior in situations where such drugs aren't medically required. Nevertheless, some facilities may need to rely more on these medications due to an increased number of patients with cognitive disorders.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Anxiety Medication
In Finnish-American Village, 21.46% of Patients use Anti-Anxiety Medication
This is an indication of the percentage of long-term care residents which were administered antianxiety drugs. These medications are given to patients experiencing depression and anxiety.
Managing Depression Among Residents
In Finnish-American Village, 2.43% of Patients
This datapoint measures the percent of long-term patients who are exhibiting depressive symptoms. Many argue this is a reliable measure of resident quality of care.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In Finnish-American Village, 94.61% of Patients
This is the percent of patients that have received the pneumonia and flu vaccines. High vaccination rates should be standard at this point.
Residents Maintain Autonomy
In Finnish-American Village, 13.17% Percentage of Patients
This metric measures the percentage of long-term care residents that required additional assistance with activities of daily living over time. Activities of daily living include activities such as getting dressed and eating. Many believe this is a reliable measure of a resident's well-being.
Ability to Keep Residents Mobile
In Finnish-American Village, 18.15% Percentage of Residents
This tells you the percent of residents that retained mobility levels over time. Retaining mobility is often a great sign for residents' health.
In Finnish-American Village, 1.59 Hospitalizations per 1,000 resident days
This tells you the number of times residents are hospitalized per thousand days of patient care.
Short-term Care: Rehospitalizations
In Finnish-American Village, 18.15 Percentage of Residents Rehospitalized
This indicates the number of rehospitalizations per 1,000 days of short-term care. There is generally a correlation between avoiding hospitalizations and a nursing home's quality of short-term rehabilitation.
Short-term Care: ER Visits
In Finnish-American Village, 9.19 Percentage of Patients
This metric is a measure of the number of times residents are sent to the emergency room per thousand days of short-term patient care.
Short-term Care: Facilitates Functional Improvement
In Finnish-American Village, 77.65% Percentage of Resident
This datapoint measures the percent of short-term residents that experienced functional improvements, such as with activities of daily living. Many in the industry believe that this is a reasonable measure of a nursing home's rehabilitation performance.
Scores for Lake Worth, FL
- Overall Rating has a grade of B-plus
- Nurse Rating has a grade of B-plus
- Long-term Care Rating has a grade of B-plus
- Short-term Care Rating has a grade of B
- Inspection Rating has a grade of A
Looking for more options? Lake Worth, Florida has 8 other nursing homes
- Jfk Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 1.32 miles away5301 S Congress Ave Lake Worth Florida 33462Proprietary(561) 965-7300
- Bethesda Hospital EastAcute Care Hospitals 5.95 miles away2815 S Seacrest Blvd Boynton Beach Florida 33435Voluntary non-profit - Private(561) 737-7733
- Wellington Regional Medical Center LLCAcute Care Hospitals 9.16 miles away10101 Forest Hill Blvd Wellington Florida 33414Proprietary(561) 798-8500
- Good Samaritan Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 9.35 miles away1309 N Flagler Dr West Palm Beach Florida 33401Proprietary(561) 655-5511
- Delray Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 11.15 miles away5352 Linton Blvd Delray Beach Florida 33484Proprietary(561) 498-4440
- The Jerome Golden Center for Behavioral Health, InPsychiatric 11.16 miles away1041 45th St West Palm Beach Florida 33407Voluntary non-profit - Private(561) 844-9741
- St Mary's Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 11.17 miles away901 45th St West Palm Beach Florida 33407Proprietary(561) 840-6202
- Palms West HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 12.64 miles away13001 Southern Blvd Loxahatchee Florida 33470Proprietary(561) 753-4245
- Fmc - Atlantis1.59 miles away5503 South Congress Ave Suite 101 Lake Worth Florida 33462Dialysis Stations: 21 (561) 967-0633
- Usrc Boynton Beach, LLC3.67 miles away1500 W Gateway Blvd Suite 190 Boynton Beach Florida 33426Dialysis Stations: 21 (561) 733-4631
- Fmc Dialysis Services - North Boynton Beach4.02 miles away4965 Lechalet Blvd Boynton Beach Florida 33436Dialysis Stations: 17 (561) 734-5585
- Lake Worth Dialysis4.03 miles away2459 S Congress Ave #100 West Palm Beach Florida 33406Dialysis Stations: 25 (561) 439-1532
- Fmc - Lake Clarke Shores Dialysis Center4.25 miles away3047 Forest Hill Blvd West Palm Beach Florida 33406Dialysis Stations: 13 (561) 641-9611
- Greenacres Dialysis Center4.28 miles away5702 Lake Worth Road #1 Lake Worth Florida 33463Dialysis Stations: 12 (561) 357-9547
- Universal Kidney Center of Boynton Beach4.37 miles away4895 Windward Passage Dr Ste 5 Boynton Beach Florida 33436Dialysis Stations: 21 (561) 740-1981
- Davita Bethesda Dialysis4.47 miles away332 N Congress Ave Boynton Beach Florida 33426Dialysis Stations: 16 (561) 364-8181