Fieser Nursing Center is a small facility located in Fenton, Missouri. This is a well below average nursing home, with an overall grade of D. Based on our ratings, this place may not be a great fit for most people. If you aren't deterred by this facility's report card, feel free to continue reading to find out about its category grades. We discuss nursing in the next paragraph.
Fieser Nursing Center
Updated May 1, 2022 by Nick Lata
404 Main Street,
Fenton MO 63026
1.66% estimated occupancy 1
While we were not high on this nursing home overall, we awarded it a grade of B+ for our nursing rating. There are quite a few factors within this area. Many of these datapoints relate to the quantity and quality of nurse staffing. This nursing home averages 0 hours of nursing care per resident per day. Finally, our nursing grades also factor in quality-based assessments, such as avoiding major falls. This nursing home performed well in this area. Avoiding major falls is typically a good indicator that a place has reliable quality controls in place. Major falls can typically be prevented if more nurses aids and better safety protocols are in place.
Short-term Care Quality
Another one of this facility's more impressive category scores came in the category of short-term care. In that category, we gave this nursing home a B+. Our short-term care grades are probably more important for patients requiring rehabilitation from their nursing home. Rehabilitation typically requires additional skilled nursing. Skilled nursing includes not only nursing, but also physical and speech therapy, as well as other types of therapy. Unfortunately, it does not look like this nursing home submitted information on registered nurse or physical therapist staffing. The final datapoint we considered in this category is the percentage of residents who ultimately were able to return home from the nursing home. We found that 0 percent of this nursing home's patients returned home as opposed to remaining at the nursing home on a permanent basis.
Does this page answer your questions about Fieser Nursing Center?
Long-term Care Quality
The next category we analyzed was long-term care. This facility's was given a bottom of the barrel long-term care score where it received an F. Facilities that receive this type of grade in long-term care likely don't provide the kind of consistent around the clock care that some other facilities offer. One of the factors we considered on top of nurse's aid hours is vaccinations. Unfortunately, it doesn't look like this nursing home submitted vaccination data. Surprisingly, this nursing home was actually able to limit hospitalizations. With just 0 hospitalizations per one thousand long-term resident days, this facility has fewer hospitalizations than the average nursing home. This was its best score in this category.
Turning our last area of inspections, this facility received an F in this area. Since this information is compiled by independent government inspectors, we heavily weight poor results in this category. You should pay special attention to any deficiencies on a facility's inspection reports when it receives this bad of an inspection grade. We recommend you scrutinize the severity of those deficiencies. This facility was assessed 5 deficiencies on its inspection report. The only favorable thing we can say is that none of these deficiencies were in the categories that indicate that they posed a threat to resident safety or health. Lastly, we would like to draw your attention to the fact that this nursing home was assessed large government fines recently of more than $100,000. This usually signifies that a bad track record spanned more than one year.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
- Ssm Health St Clare Hospital - FentonAcute Care Hospitals 2.28 miles away1015 Bowles Fenton Missouri 63026Voluntary non-profit - Private(636) 496-2000
- Mercy Hospital SouthAcute Care Hospitals 3.18 miles away10010 Kennerly Road Saint Louis Missouri 63128Voluntary non-profit - Private(314) 525-1000
- St Luke's Des Peres HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 4.73 miles away2345 Dougherty Ferry Road Saint Louis Missouri 63122Proprietary(314) 966-9100
- Missouri Baptist Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 8.45 miles away3015 N Ballas Rd Saint Louis Missouri 63131Voluntary non-profit - Private(314) 996-5000
- St Lukes HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 10.33 miles away232 S Woods Mill Rd Chesterfield Missouri 63017Voluntary non-profit - Private(314) 434-1500
- Ssm Health St Mary's Hospital - St LouisAcute Care Hospitals 10.8 miles away6420 Clayton Rd Saint Louis Missouri 63117Voluntary non-profit - Private(314) 768-8000
- Barnes-Jewish West County HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 11.41 miles away12634 Olive Boulevard Saint Louis Missouri 63141Voluntary non-profit - Private(314) 996-8000
- St Alexius HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 12.31 miles away3933 S Broadway Saint Louis Missouri 63118Proprietary(314) 865-7000
- Bowles Avenue Dialysis2.17 miles away1011 Bowles Avenue Suite 210 Fenton Missouri 63026Dialysis Stations: 14 (636) 326-7130
- Fenton Dialysis Center2.33 miles away850 Horan Dr. Fenton Missouri 63026Dialysis Stations: 18 (636) 305-1144
- Rtc-Lamplighter Dialysis3.17 miles away12654 Lamplighter Square Saint Louis Missouri 63128Dialysis Stations: 16 (314) 729-7979
- Fmc - Tesson Ferry Dialysis3.37 miles away13134 Tesson Ferry Road Saint Louis Missouri 63128Dialysis Stations: 16 (314) 843-7390
- Crestwood Dialysis4.29 miles away9560 Watson Road Suite A Saint Louis Missouri 63126Dialysis Stations: 12 (314) 842-0322
- Home Dialysis South4.79 miles away5201 Mid America Plaza Suite 2200 Saint Louis Missouri 63129Dialysis Stations: 2 (314) 286-0770
- South Towne Square Dialysis Clinic5.5 miles away11107 South Towne Square Saint Louis Missouri 63123CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 18 (314) 894-3400
- South County Dialysis Center5.55 miles away4145 Union Road Saint Louis Missouri 63129Dialysis Stations: 12 (314) 894-1851