Fieser Nursing Center is located in Fenton, Missouri. We awarded this nursing home an overall grade of D. A score of this caliber typically indicates a few red flags. If you are not satisfied with this facility's low overall grade, you may find you have slim pickings in Fenton. The city has just two other nursing homes. Despite all this, one of the few highlights of this facility's profile is its impressive nursing score. You can continue reading to learn more about nursing and other category scores
Get our free e-book to learn all about your senior care options.
Fieser Nursing Center
- Nursing Home
Updated Apr 1, 2023 by Nick Lata
Get pricing and details on Fenton senior living options.Get Pricing
- No Medicare 1
- Accepts Medicaid 1
- No CCRC
- Has Resident Council
- No Family Council
- For profit - Individual
- Offers Hospice
- Offers Inpatient Rehab
- Speech Therapy
- Occupational Therapy
- Physical Therapy
- Recreational Therapy
Get our free e-book to learn all about your senior care options.
Although we were not high on this nursing home overall, we awarded it a B+ for our nursing rating. This grade is quite a bit more impressive than the nursing home's overall score. When calculating a facility's nursing score, we consider the amount of time nurses spend with patients as well as the levels of training of the nurses. This facility provided 0 hours of nursing care per resident per day. Finally, our nursing grades also factor in quality-based assessments, such as avoiding major falls. This nursing home performed well in this area. Avoiding major falls is typically a good indicator that a facility has reliable quality controls in place. Major falls can frequently be avoided if more nurses aids and better safety protocols are in place.
Short-term Care Quality
In addition, we also wanted to point out that this nursing home was awarded positive short-term care marks in this assessment. We awarded them one of our more impressive grades in that area, with a grade of B+. This proved to be the nursing home's second highest grade. Short-term care grades are generally employed to score a nursing home's performance with rehabilitation. To provide highly rated rehabilitation services, nursing homes generally need to offer better levels of skilled nursing. Skilled nursing includes registered nurses, physical therapists, respiratory therapists and other types of therapists. It doesn't look like this nursing home provided information on registered nurse or physical therapist staffing. The final statistic we looked at in this category is the percentage of residents that who were able to eventually return home from the nursing home. We found that 0 percent of this nursing home's patients returned home as opposed to remaining at the nursing home on a permanent basis.
Does this page answer your questions about Fieser Nursing Center?
Long-term Care Quality
As it turns out, this facility only earned a D for its long-term care score, which is not a score to write home about. When nursing homes receive this type of score in this category it is a bad sign for patient care and it may indicate that the facility is not as well-staffed with nurses and aids. Once we looked at the amount of care provided by aids and other staff, we next considered the nursing home's vaccination records. Unfortunately, it doesn't look like this facility provided data regarding vaccinations. To our surprise, this facility was actually decent at keeping its residents out of the hospital. Indeed, it had only 0 hospitalizations per 1,000 long-term resident days. This is its best score in this category.
In our last area of inspections, this nursing home received an F here. When a place has this bad of an inspection score, you should look for severe deficiencies on its inspection report. Severe deficiencies indicate a risk to patient safety. This particular facility had 5 deficiencies on its inspection report. The only positive thing we found is that none of its deficiencies were in the categories that suggest they caused a threat to patient health or safety. Lastly, we need to draw your attention to the fact that this nursing home received significant government fines recently totaling over $100,000. This generally indicates that a nursing home's bad performance spanned more than one year.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
- Ssm Health St Clare Hospital - FentonAcute Care Hospitals 2.28 miles away1015 Bowles Fenton Missouri 63026Voluntary non-profit - Private(636) 496-2000
- Mercy Hospital SouthAcute Care Hospitals 3.18 miles away10010 Kennerly Road Saint Louis Missouri 63128Voluntary non-profit - Private(314) 525-1000
- St Luke's Des Peres HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 4.73 miles away2345 Dougherty Ferry Road Saint Louis Missouri 63122Proprietary(314) 966-9100
- Missouri Baptist Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 8.45 miles away3015 N Ballas Rd Saint Louis Missouri 63131Voluntary non-profit - Private(314) 996-5000
- St Lukes HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 10.33 miles away232 S Woods Mill Rd Chesterfield Missouri 63017Voluntary non-profit - Private(314) 434-1500
- Ssm Health St Mary's Hospital - St LouisAcute Care Hospitals 10.8 miles away6420 Clayton Rd Saint Louis Missouri 63117Voluntary non-profit - Private(314) 768-8000
- Barnes-Jewish West County HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 11.41 miles away12634 Olive Boulevard Saint Louis Missouri 63141Voluntary non-profit - Private(314) 996-8000
- St Alexius HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 12.31 miles away3933 S Broadway Saint Louis Missouri 63118Proprietary(314) 865-7000
- Bowles Avenue Dialysis2.17 miles away1011 Bowles Avenue Suite 210 Fenton Missouri 63026Dialysis Stations: 14 (636) 326-7130
- Fenton Dialysis Center2.33 miles away850 Horan Dr. Fenton Missouri 63026Dialysis Stations: 18 (636) 305-1144
- Rtc-Lamplighter Dialysis3.17 miles away12654 Lamplighter Square Saint Louis Missouri 63128Dialysis Stations: 16 (314) 729-7979
- Fmc - Tesson Ferry Dialysis3.37 miles away13134 Tesson Ferry Road Saint Louis Missouri 63128Dialysis Stations: 16 (314) 843-7390
- Crestwood Dialysis4.29 miles away9560 Watson Road Suite A Saint Louis Missouri 63126Dialysis Stations: 12 (314) 842-0322
- Home Dialysis South4.79 miles away5201 Mid America Plaza Suite 2200 Saint Louis Missouri 63129Dialysis Stations: 2 (314) 286-0770
- South Towne Square Dialysis Clinic5.5 miles away11107 South Towne Square Saint Louis Missouri 63123CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 18 (314) 894-3400
- South County Dialysis Center5.55 miles away4145 Union Road Saint Louis Missouri 63129Dialysis Stations: 12 (314) 894-1851