Fellowship Manor is a nursing home located in Whitehall, Pennsylvania, which has 26,902 people. This facility is among the highest-rated nursing homes we found. This nursing home received one of the highest ratings we offer. We were so impressed with this facility that we ranked it in the top fifth of all nursing homes in the nation. Headlining this facility's stellar report card is its inspection score, which you can find in the next section.
- Nursing Home
- Independent Living
- Memory Care
Updated Jun 1, 2022 by Nick Reese
- Accepts Medicare 1
- Accepts Medicaid 1
- Is CCRC
- Has Resident Council
- Has Family Council
- Non profit - Corporation
- Secure Memory Care
- Offers Post-Acute Care
- Offers Inpatient Rehab
- Offers Outpatient Rehab
- Personal Care
- Speech Therapy
- Amputee Recovery
- Occupational Therapy
- Physical Therapy
- Nutritional Counseling
- Recreational Therapy
- Pain Management
- Orthopedic Rehabilitation
Registered Staff Hours
One of the many reasons this turned out to be a quality nursing home is that it received an A+ inspection grade. This is simply as good as it gets in this critical category. We weigh several aspects of a nursing home's inspection report in computing these inspection scores. One of those factors is deficiencies. You should keep in mind that the severity of the deficiencies is usually more meaningful than the number of deficiencies, as some of these are relatively minor. Although this place had a few deficiencies on its report, none of them were severe based on CMS' scale. Finally, this facility had no substantiated complaints this year from residents, which is an excellent sign.
This facility also excelled in the area of nursing, where it received a grade of A. Few nursing homes performed better in this area. Our nursing rating is largely based on a nursing home's nurse staffing. This particular nursing home provided 0.5 hours of nursing care per resident per day. Finally, we also assessed several nursing quality measures and this facility excelled in some of these areas. With less than five percent of its residents sustaining pressure ulcers, it performed as well as any place the state in this category. This is generally a good indicator of quality nursing care. Pressure ulcers can typically be avoided by offering better nursing care, such as having a system of moving patients more frequently.
Does this page answer your questions about Fellowship Manor?
Long-term Care Quality
The next area we analyzed was long-term care. Adding to its first-rate profile, this facility also excelled in that category. In fact, we gave it a of A for that area. In a long-term care environment, the primary objective is to maintain patients' quality of life and keep them safe. After assessing the quantity of care provided by nurses aids and other staff, we then analyzed the nursing home's vaccination data. This facility vaccinated 91.4787 percent of its patients against pneumonia, which is slightly less than we expected but still a respectable figure. Clearly, this nursing home is doing something right in this area as it also excelled at keeping its patients out of the hospital. Indeed, it had only 0.01 hospitalizations per 1,000 long-term resident days, which is an impressively low number.
Short-term Care Quality
The last category we graded is short-term care, where this nursing home received a B-. This actually proved to be this facility's worst area. This is still not a major area of concern. In the area of short-term care, we strive to evaluate indicators of a nursing home's rehabilitation. We look at a nursing home's skilled nursing services, such as the ones performed by registered nurses and various therapists. Fortunately, it looks like this facility has registered nurses on staff. Not every facility employs these skilled professionals. On the other hand, based on the information they provided, it does not look like the facility employs physical therapists. Lastly, we assessed the percentage of residents who were able to return to the community from this facility. We found that 3.1 percent of this facility's residents returned home. At most nursing homes, closer to half of their patients are able to return home so this figure is below average.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
Fellowship Manor Quality Metrics
Minimizes Pressure Ulcers
In Fellowship Manor, 7.72% of Patients had Pressure Ulcers
This metric tells you the percent of long-term care patients who suffer from pressure ulcers or bed sores. We use this statistic in calculating our nursing grades.
Minimizes Serious Falls
In Fellowship Manor, 3.42% of Patients had Serious Falls
This statistic tells you the percent of long-term care residents that had a fall which resulted in serious injury. Falls can happen for a variety of reasons, but high rates of major falls may be an indicator of lower quality nursing care.
Minimizes Urinary Tract Infections
In Fellowship Manor, 1.92% of Patients had UTIs
This indicates the percentage of residents that suffered from a urinary tract infection. These infections may be linked to poor hygiene.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Psychotic Medication
In Fellowship Manor, 15.49% of Patients use Anti-Psychotic Medication
This is the percentage of residents prescribed antipsychotic medications. While antipsychotic medications may be vital to many residents, it is important to ensure these drugs are being used only where medically required. In limited situations, increased usage of these drugs may suggest a facility is using these drugs to subdue residents.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Anxiety Medication
In Fellowship Manor, 19.89% of Patients use Anti-Anxiety Medication
This indicates the percent of residents prescribed antianxiety medications. Antianxiety drugs are given to patients suffering from anxiety and depression.
Managing Depression Among Residents
In Fellowship Manor, 3.23% of Patients
Measures the percentage of long-term stay residents who are showing symptoms of depression.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In Fellowship Manor, 88.5% of Patients
This is the percentage of patients that received the pneumonia and flu vaccines. Higher vaccination rates should be demanded by residents.
Residents Maintain Autonomy
In Fellowship Manor, 15.28% Percentage of Patients
This indicates the percent of residents who needed additional assistance with activities of daily living over time. High levels of needing for assistance with activities of daily living could be a sign of the erosion of a resident's well-being.
Ability to Keep Residents Mobile
In Fellowship Manor, 23.65% Percentage of Residents
This datapoint measures the percentage of long-term patients who were able to retain mobility.
In Fellowship Manor, 1.24 Hospitalizations per 1,000 resident days
This indicates the number of times residents are hospitalized per 1,000 days of care. There is typically a correlation between staying out of the hospital and the quality of care.
Short-term Care: Rehospitalizations
In Fellowship Manor, 23.65 Percentage of Residents Rehospitalized
This datapoint measures the number of rehospitalizations per thousand days of short-term resident care.
Short-term Care: ER Visits
In Fellowship Manor, 8.84 Percentage of Patients
This is the number of times residents are sent to the emergency room per thousand days of short-term patient care.
Short-term Care: Facilitates Functional Improvement
In Fellowship Manor, 72.22% Percentage of Resident
This metric is a measure of the percent of short-term stay residents that saw functional improvements, such as with activities of daily living. Some experts would argue this is a reliable measure of a facility's rehabilitation services.
- Sacred Heart HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 3.12 miles away421 Chew Street Allentown Pennsylvania 18102Voluntary non-profit - Private(610) 776-4900
- Lehigh Valley HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 5.22 miles away1200 South Cedar Crest Boulevard Allentown Pennsylvania 18105Voluntary non-profit - Private(610) 402-2273
- St Luke's Hospital BethlehemAcute Care Hospitals 6.43 miles away801 Ostrum Street Bethlehem Pennsylvania 18015Voluntary non-profit - Private(610) 954-4000
- St Luke's Hospital - Anderson CampusAcute Care Hospitals 11.49 miles away1872 St Luke's Blvd Easton Pennsylvania 18045Voluntary non-profit - Private(484) 503-3000
- Palmerton HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 12.42 miles away135 Lafayette Avenue Palmerton Pennsylvania 18071Voluntary non-profit - Other(610) 826-3141
- Easton HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 14.24 miles away250 South 21st Street Easton Pennsylvania 18042Proprietary(610) 250-4076
- St Luke's Quakertown HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 16.33 miles away1021 Park Avenue Quakertown Pennsylvania 18951Voluntary non-profit - Private(215) 538-4500
- St Luke's Hospital-Gnaden Huetten CampusAcute Care Hospitals 17.33 miles away211 North 12th Street Lehighton Pennsylvania 18235Voluntary non-profit - Private(607) 377-1300
- Fresenius Kidney Care - Whitehall1.28 miles away1320 Mickley Road Whitehall Pennsylvania 18052CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 28 (610) 264-2228
- Etowah Dialysis, LLC1.87 miles away1220 3rd Street Whitehall Pennsylvania 18052Dialysis Stations: 13 (610) 266-1706
- Fresenius Kidney Care - Fogelsville2.78 miles away7310 Tilghman Street, Suite 100 Allentown Pennsylvania 18106Dialysis Stations: 13 (610) 395-1980
- Davita - St. Luke's Allentown Dialysis3.21 miles away1901 Hamilton St., Suite 100 Allentown Pennsylvania 18104Dialysis Stations: 4 (610) 435-2590
- Etowah Dialysis, LLC3.21 miles away1901 Hamilton St., Suite 200 Allentown Pennsylvania 18104Dialysis Stations: 4 (610) 776-1479
- Fresenius Kidney Care - Allentown4.32 miles away3136 Hamilton Boulevard Allentown Pennsylvania 18103CMS Rating: 2 stars Dialysis Stations: 27 (610) 435-6718
- Fresenius Kidney Care - Bethlehem4.77 miles away2014 City Line Road, Suite 102 Bethlehem Pennsylvania 18017CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 25 (610) 264-9660
- Fresenius Kidney Care - South Allentown5.77 miles away2820 Mitchell Avenue Allentown Pennsylvania 18103Dialysis Stations: 16 (610) 797-7655