Father Murray, a Villa Center is a very-large facility in Center Line, Michigan. Featuring an overall score of F, we consider this to be a lower end nursing home. If you are not satisfied with this facility's pedestrian overall grade, you may have to look in other cities as this is the only nursing home in Center Line. We would not blame you if you're ready to stop reading and find another nursing home. However, if you want to learn more about this facility's category grades, we will discuss nursing in the next section.
Father Murray, a Villa Center
- Nursing Home
Updated Sep 1, 2022 by Nick Lata
Note: Father Murray, a Villa Center has been flagged for abuse in the past 12 months. We have capped this facility's overall grade accordingly.
- Accepts Medicare 1
- Accepts Medicaid 1
- No CCRC
- Has Resident Council
- Has Family Council
- For profit - Partnership
- Offers Hospice
- Offers Post-Acute Care
- Offers Inpatient Rehab
- Personal Care
- Medication Management
- Home Making
- Speech Therapy
- Palliative Care
- Wound Care
- Occupational Therapy
- Cardiac Therapy
- Physical Therapy
- Respiratory Therapy
- Nutritional Counseling
- Recreational Therapy
- Bariatric Care
- Orthopedic Rehabilitation
Registered Staff Hours
Although this facility's overall score was as bad as it gets, it didn't perform as poorly in the area of nursing. We gave it a B- for that category. Our nursing grade features a variety of factors. The most heavily weighted factor is the quantity of hours nurses spent with patients. This nursing home averages 0.4 hours of nursing care per resident daily, which is a very low figure. Despite having low quantities of nursing care, this nursing home actually fared better in some of the quality-based metrics we assessed. In fact, it scored well in the area of minimizing its residents' pressure ulcers and major falls. We consider these areas to be measures of the quality of nursing care. In some cases, the quality of nursing care is every bit as important as the quantity of hours of care offered.
Long-term Care Quality
This facility also didn't fare terribly in the category of long-term care. In fact, we gave it a grade of C in that category, which is among its better grades. For prospective patients in need of a permanent place to live as opposed to skilled nursing, long-term care is an important category. In addition to assessing the amount of care provided by nurses aids and other staff, we also looked at the number of residents vaccinated against pneumonia. This facility provided the vaccine to 74.10714 percent of its patients. This is multiple points less than the national average. Nevertheless, this facility was able to keep its patients out of the hospital. Indeed, it had only 0.03 hospitalizations per 1,000 long-term resident days, which is an impressively low number.
Does this page answer your questions about Father Murray, a Villa Center?
Short-term Care Quality
Another unfortunate development was the F this facility received in the category of short-term care. In our short-term care rating, we try to craft a meaningful gauge for rehabilitation. In doing so, we analyze the nursing home's offerings of highly-skilled nursing services, including both registered nurses and physical therapy, as well as occupational therapy. Based on its grade in this category, we were not surprised to discover that this nursing home is well below average in terms of its number of registered nurse and physical therapy hours offered to its patients based on the measures we assessed. The final metric we looked at in this category is the number of residents who eventually returned home from the facility. This nursing home struggled quite a bit in this metric as well, with just 4.9 percent of its patients returning home.
Turning our last category of inspections, this facility received an F in this area. Since this data is collected by independent government inspectors, we heavily weight negative feedback in this category. With places that received this poor of an inspection grade, we would scrutinize any severe deficiencies on its inspection report. This particular facility was assessed 6 deficiencies by government inspectors. The only positive thing we found is that none of the deficiencies were in the categories that indicate they posed a risk to patient safety or health. Finally, CMS cited this nursing home for possible abuse or neglect. Hopefully, its performance improves in the future, but until then we simply can't recommend this facility.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
Father Murray, a Villa Center Quality Metrics
Minimizes Pressure Ulcers
In Father Murray, a Villa Center, 8.78% of Patients had Pressure Ulcers
This tells you the percentage of patients that sustained a pressure ulcer. Pressure ulcers are damage to the skin caused by staying in the same position for an excessive period of time.
Minimizes Serious Falls
In Father Murray, a Villa Center, 2.9% of Patients had Serious Falls
This is an indication of the percent of long-term patients who suffered falls which caused serious injury. Falls can arise for a variety of reasons, but excessive numbers of falls may be an indicator of lower levels of patient supervision.
Minimizes Urinary Tract Infections
In Father Murray, a Villa Center, 2.36% of Patients had UTIs
This statistic is a measure of the percentage of long-term care residents who have experienced a urinary tract infection. Although a higher rate infections could reflect poorly on a nursing home's cleanliness, it is problematic to compare between nursing homes due to nursing homes having differing reporting standards.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Psychotic Medication
In Father Murray, a Villa Center, 13.11% of Patients use Anti-Psychotic Medication
This tells you the percent of residents who were prescribed antipsychotic medications. While antipsychotic medications may be helpful for many patients, it is important to ensure these medications are being used only where medically required. In some cases, excessive reliance on these medications may indicate a nursing home is using these medications to subdue residents.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Anxiety Medication
In Father Murray, a Villa Center, 18.81% of Patients use Anti-Anxiety Medication
This datapoint measures the percentage of long-term stay patients which are administered antianxiety drugs. These drugs are typically used to treat residents suffering from anxiety and depression.
Managing Depression Among Residents
In Father Murray, a Villa Center, 3.44% of Patients
This is a measure of the percentage of long-term care patients demonstrating signs of depression.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In Father Murray, a Villa Center, 91.43% of Patients
This datapoint measures the percentage of long-term care patients who received the flu and pneumonia vaccines.
Residents Maintain Autonomy
In Father Murray, a Villa Center, 12.1% Percentage of Patients
This tells you the percentage of patients who required more assistance with activities of daily living over time. High levels of dependence on staff for assistance with activities of daily living may indicate the decline of a patient's medical condition.
Ability to Keep Residents Mobile
In Father Murray, a Villa Center, 17.7% Percentage of Residents
This tells you the percentage of patients who retained mobility levels over time. Optimizing mobility is usually a great sign for residents' well-being.
In Father Murray, a Villa Center, 1.47 Hospitalizations per 1,000 resident days
This is the number of hospitalizations per thousand days of patient care. There is a correlation between keeping patients out of the hospital and the quality of care.
Short-term Care: Rehospitalizations
In Father Murray, a Villa Center, 17.7 Percentage of Residents Rehospitalized
This is a measure of the number of times residents are rehospitalized per thousand days of short-term resident care.
Short-term Care: ER Visits
In Father Murray, a Villa Center, 10.81 Percentage of Patients
This metric is a measure of the number of times residents are sent to the emergency room per 1,000 days of short-term care. Avoiding medical emergencies is one way to measure patient care during rehabilitation.
Short-term Care: Facilitates Functional Improvement
In Father Murray, a Villa Center, 77.3% Percentage of Resident
This is a measure of the percentage of short-term stay patients who experienced functional improvements, such as enhanced ability to perform activities of daily living. Many believe that this is a reasonable measure of a facility's rehabilitation services.
- Ascension Macomb Oakland Hosp-Warren CampusAcute Care Hospitals 2.01 miles away11800 East Twelve Mile Road Warren Michigan 48093Voluntary non-profit - Private(586) 573-5000
- Ascension St John HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 6.87 miles away22101 Moross Rd Grosse Pointe Michigan 48236Voluntary non-profit - Church(313) 343-4000
- Beaumont Hospital, Grosse PointeAcute Care Hospitals 8.57 miles away468 Cadieux Rd Grosse Pointe Michigan 48230Voluntary non-profit - Private(313) 343-1000
- Henry Ford HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 8.64 miles away2799 W Grand Blvd Detroit Michigan 48202Voluntary non-profit - Private(313) 916-2600
- Beaumont Hospital, Royal OakAcute Care Hospitals 9.03 miles away3601 W Thirteen Mile Rd Royal Oak Michigan 48073Voluntary non-profit - Private(248) 898-5000
- Children's Hospital of MichiganChildrens 9.15 miles away3901 Beaubien Street Detroit Michigan 48201Proprietary(313) 745-5437
- Sinai-Grace HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 9.21 miles away6071 W Outer Drive Detroit Michigan 48235Proprietary(313) 966-3300
- Harper University HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 9.22 miles away3990 John R Street Detroit Michigan 48201Proprietary(313) 745-6211
- Macomb Kidney Center of Davita2.21 miles away28295 Schoenherr Rd Suite A Warren Michigan 48088CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 20 (586) 558-8160
- Fmc Dialysis - Warren2.52 miles away30300 Hoover Rd Ste 100 Warren Michigan 48093CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 24 (586) 558-8890
- Fmc Dialysis - Madison Heights3.43 miles away25780 Commerce Dr Madison Heights Michigan 48071Dialysis Stations: 18 (248) 398-8090
- Davita Roseville Commons Dialysis4.28 miles away18001 E 10 Mile Rd Ste B Roseville Michigan 48066Dialysis Stations: 24 (586) 771-2286
- Fms Beaumont Health, LLC4.42 miles away23231 John R Road Hazel Park Michigan 48030Dialysis Stations: 18 (248) 399-0737
- Greenfield Hs - Eastpointe4.66 miles away21400 Kelly Rd Eastpointe Michigan 48021CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 24 (586) 779-8779
- Nephrology Center of Eastpointe LLC4.74 miles away24931 Kelly Rd Eastpointe Michigan 48021Dialysis Stations: 24 (586) 771-0675
- Harper Woods Dialysis of Davita5.21 miles away19265 Vernier Rd Harper Woods Michigan 48225CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 24 (313) 640-0271