Father Murray, a Villa Center is a very-large facility in Center Line, Michigan. Featuring an overall score of F, we consider this to be a lower end nursing home. If you are not satisfied with this facility's pedestrian overall grade, you may have to look in other cities as this is the only nursing home in Center Line. We would not blame you if you're ready to stop reading and find another nursing home. However, if you want to learn more about this facility's category grades, we will discuss nursing in the next section.
Get our free e-book to learn all about your senior care options.
Father Murray, a Villa Center
- Nursing Home
Updated Apr 1, 2023 by Nick Lata
Get pricing and details on Center Line senior living options.Get Pricing
- Accepts Medicare 1
- Accepts Medicaid 1
- No CCRC
- Has Resident Council
- No Family Council
- For profit - Corporation
- Offers Hospice
- Offers Post-Acute Care
- Offers Inpatient Rehab
- Personal Care
- Medication Management
- Home Making
- Speech Therapy
- Palliative Care
- Wound Care
- Occupational Therapy
- Cardiac Therapy
- Physical Therapy
- Respiratory Therapy
- Nutritional Counseling
- Recreational Therapy
- Bariatric Care
- Orthopedic Rehabilitation
Get our free e-book to learn all about your senior care options.
Registered Staff Hours
Although this facility's overall score was as bad as it gets, it didn't perform as poorly in the area of nursing. We gave it a C for that category. Our nursing grade features a variety of factors. The most heavily weighted factor is the quantity of hours nurses spent with patients. This nursing home averages 0.3 hours of nursing care per resident daily, which is a very low figure. Despite having low quantities of nursing care, this nursing home actually fared better in some of the quality-based metrics we assessed. In fact, it scored well in the area of minimizing its residents' pressure ulcers and major falls. We consider these areas to be measures of the quality of nursing care. In some cases, the quality of nursing care is every bit as important as the quantity of hours of care offered.
Long-term Care Quality
Sadly, this nursing home's second highest category is long-term care. As it turns out, with a grade of D in this category, it still performed somewhat badly. When nursing homes receive a grade in this range in long-term care it generally means the nursing home didn't perform well in our quality measures relating to resident care. In addition to assessing the amount of care provided by nurses aids and other staff, we also looked at the number of residents vaccinated against pneumonia. This facility provided the vaccine to 77.66854 percent of its patients. This is multiple points less than the national average. Surprisingly, this facility was actually decent at keeping its residents out of the hospital. In fact, it had just 0.04 hospitalizations per 1,000 long-term resident days. This is its best feature in this category.
Does this page answer your questions about Father Murray, a Villa Center?
Unfortunately, this facility didn't receive glowing inspections in recent years. We gave it a grade of just D for our inspections rating. One of the more significant factors in evaluating an inspection report is deficiencies. We would pay close attention to the level of severity of the deficiencies. This particular facility had 6 deficiencies on its inspection report. The only favorable thing we can say is that none of the deficiencies were in the categories that indicate that they created a risk to resident health or safety. Finally, we would like to draw your attention to the fact that this facility received large government fines recently amounting to more than $100,000. This usually means that a poor performance spanned several years.
Short-term Care Quality
The last area we scored was short-term care. This nursing home received a poor grade of F in this area. Our short-term care ratings are based in part on a facility's quantity of skilled nursing services. This includes a vast spectrum of services, ranging from registered nurses to physical and respiratory therapists, as well as other types of therapy. Based on its grade in this area, we weren't surprised to learn that this place is well below average in terms of the number of registered nurse and physical therapy hours offered to its residents based on the data we looked at. Honestly, this was about what we expected to find. Finally, we assessed the number of patients who were able to return to the community from this nursing home. This wasn't a strength for this facility. We found that just 4.9 percent of this facility's patients returned home. At most nursing homes, about half of their patients are able to return home so this is well below average.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
Father Murray, a Villa Center Quality Metrics
Minimizes Pressure Ulcers
In Father Murray, a Villa Center, 7.93% of Patients had Pressure Ulcers
This indicates the percent of patients that sustained a pressure ulcer. Pressure ulcers, which are also referred to as bed sores, are routinely caused by patients not being moved frequently enough. Better nursing care can minimize the percentage of residents in a nursing home who sustain pressure ulcers.
Minimizes Serious Falls
In Father Murray, a Villa Center, 1.83% of Patients had Serious Falls
This is the percent of residents who sustained a fall resulting in serious injury.
Minimizes Urinary Tract Infections
In Father Murray, a Villa Center, 0.86% of Patients had UTIs
This indicates the percent of patients who sustained a urinary tract infection. Urinary tract infections are often caused by worse hygiene protocols. Additional nurse staffing can minimize the number of UTI's sustained by residents in a nursing home. Keep in mind that this datapoint is sometimes skewed by the fact that facilities have incongruent reporting standards for UTI's.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Psychotic Medication
In Father Murray, a Villa Center, 5.95% of Patients use Anti-Psychotic Medication
This statistic gauges the percent of long-term patients receiving antipsychotic drugs. While antipsychotic medications play an important role in caring for many residents, it is important to ensure these drugs are being used appropriately. In limited cases, increased usage of these drugs may indicate a facility is using these drugs to control patient behavior.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Anxiety Medication
In Father Murray, a Villa Center, 17.89% of Patients use Anti-Anxiety Medication
This metric indicates the percent of long-term patients which were prescribed antianxiety medication. These medications are prescribed to residents suffering from anxiety or depression.
Managing Depression Among Residents
In Father Murray, a Villa Center, 9.16% of Patients
This datapoint is a measure of the percentage of long-term stay patients exhibiting symptoms of depression.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In Father Murray, a Villa Center, 68.56% of Patients
Measures the percent of long-term stay residents who were vaccinated against pneumonia and flu.
Residents Maintain Autonomy
In Father Murray, a Villa Center, 11.03% of Patients
Measures the percent of long-term patients that needed more assistance with activities of daily living over time. ADL's include activities such as getting dressed and bathing.
Ability to Keep Residents Mobile
In Father Murray, a Villa Center, 11.92% of Residents
This indicates the percentage of patients that maintained mobility over time. Retaining mobility can be a great sign for residents' well-being.
In Father Murray, a Villa Center, 0.04 Hospitalizations per 1,000 resident days
This indicates the number of times residents are hospitalized per 1,000 days of patient care. There is generally a correlation between avoiding hospitalizations and the quality of nursing home care.
Short-term Care: Rehospitalizations
In Father Murray, a Villa Center, 11.92% of Residents Rehospitalized
This tells you the number of rehospitalizations per thousand days of short-term care.
Short-term Care: ER Visits
In Father Murray, a Villa Center, 6.45% of Patients
This metric is a measure of the number of emergency room visits per 1,000 days of short-term patient care.
Short-term Care: Facilitates Functional Improvement
In Father Murray, a Villa Center, 78.15% of Resident
This datapoint measures the percent of short-term stay residents that saw functional improvements, such as enhanced ability to perform activities of daily living. Some experts would argue this is a reasonable measure of a nursing home's rehabilitation services.
- Ascension Macomb Oakland Hosp-Warren CampusAcute Care Hospitals 2.01 miles away11800 East Twelve Mile Road Warren Michigan 48093Voluntary non-profit - Private(586) 573-5000
- Ascension St John HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 6.87 miles away22101 Moross Rd Grosse Pointe Michigan 48236Voluntary non-profit - Church(313) 343-4000
- Beaumont Hospital, Grosse PointeAcute Care Hospitals 8.57 miles away468 Cadieux Rd Grosse Pointe Michigan 48230Voluntary non-profit - Private(313) 343-1000
- Henry Ford HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 8.64 miles away2799 W Grand Blvd Detroit Michigan 48202Voluntary non-profit - Private(313) 916-2600
- Beaumont Hospital, Royal OakAcute Care Hospitals 9.03 miles away3601 W Thirteen Mile Rd Royal Oak Michigan 48073Voluntary non-profit - Private(248) 898-5000
- Children's Hospital of MichiganChildrens 9.15 miles away3901 Beaubien Street Detroit Michigan 48201Proprietary(313) 745-5437
- Sinai-Grace HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 9.21 miles away6071 W Outer Drive Detroit Michigan 48235Proprietary(313) 966-3300
- Harper University HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 9.22 miles away3990 John R Street Detroit Michigan 48201Proprietary(313) 745-6211
- Macomb Kidney Center of Davita2.21 miles away28295 Schoenherr Rd Suite A Warren Michigan 48088CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 20 (586) 558-8160
- Fmc Dialysis - Warren2.52 miles away30300 Hoover Rd Ste 100 Warren Michigan 48093CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 24 (586) 558-8890
- Fmc Dialysis - Madison Heights3.43 miles away25780 Commerce Dr Madison Heights Michigan 48071Dialysis Stations: 18 (248) 398-8090
- Davita Roseville Commons Dialysis4.28 miles away18001 E 10 Mile Rd Ste B Roseville Michigan 48066Dialysis Stations: 24 (586) 771-2286
- Fms Beaumont Health, LLC4.42 miles away23231 John R Road Hazel Park Michigan 48030Dialysis Stations: 18 (248) 399-0737
- Greenfield Hs - Eastpointe4.66 miles away21400 Kelly Rd Eastpointe Michigan 48021CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 24 (586) 779-8779
- Nephrology Center of Eastpointe LLC4.74 miles away24931 Kelly Rd Eastpointe Michigan 48021Dialysis Stations: 24 (586) 771-0675
- Harper Woods Dialysis of Davita5.21 miles away19265 Vernier Rd Harper Woods Michigan 48225CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 24 (313) 640-0271