With an address in Strongsville, Ohio, Falling Water Healthcare Center is one of just a couple available facilities in the area. Featuring an overall score of F, we consider this to be a bottom of the barrel facility. Based on our assessment, you would be better off to steer clear of this facility. In spite of all this, this nursing home surprisingly performed well in our inspections category, which you can find more information about below.
Get our free e-book to learn all about your senior care options.
Falling Water Healthcare Center
- Nursing Home
- Memory Care
Updated Apr 1, 2023 by Nick Lata
Get pricing and details on Strongsville senior living options.Get Pricing
- Accepts Medicare 1
- Accepts Medicaid 1
- No CCRC
- Has Resident Council
- Has Family Council
- For profit - Corporation
- Offers Respite Care
- Offers Inpatient Rehab
- Offers Outpatient Rehab
- Personal Care
- Medication Management
- Home Making
- Speech Therapy
- Stroke Recovery
- Amputee Recovery
- IV Antibiotic Therapy
- Wound Care
- Occupational Therapy
- Cardiac Therapy
- Tracheotomy Care
- Peritoneal Dialysis
- Mental Health
- Diabetes Management
- Physical Therapy
- Respiratory Therapy
- Nutritional Counseling
- Recreational Therapy
- Pain Management
- Bariatric Care
- Oncology Care
- Orthopedic Rehabilitation
- Total Parenteral Nutrition
Get our free e-book to learn all about your senior care options.
Registered Staff Hours
While this facility's overall grade was as bad as it gets, it actually really excelled in the area of inspections. In fact, we gave it an A- for that category, which is one of our highest scores. Inspection ratings are based on many pieces of information located in the a nursing home's recent inspection reports. Deficiencies are a key thing to look for on these inspections. Most importantly, you should avoid nursing homes that have severe deficiencies linked to risks to resident well being. While this place had a few deficiencies on its report, none of them were serious based on CMS' scale. A few minor deficiencies aren't the end of the world.
This facility ended up receiving rock bottom score in our nursing category. It received an F in this category. Nursing scores are mostly associated with a facility's nurse staffing. This place averaged only 0.3 hours of nursing care per resident daily. This is a very low total compared to most nursing homes. Finally, we also looked at some nursing quality-based metrics in computing our nursing scores. This facility performed well when it comes to minimizing its residents' major falls and pressure ulcers. Many consider these areas to be good indicators of the quality of nursing care.
Does this page answer your questions about Falling Water Healthcare Center?
Long-term Care Quality
This facility wound up receiving a bottom of the barrel grade in our long-term care area. It was given an F in this category. When facilities receive this kind of grade in this category it is typically a bad sign for resident care and it may mean that the facility is not as well-staffed with nurses and aids. In addition to considering the volume of care provided by nurses aids and other staff, we looked at the percentage of residents vaccinated for pneumonia. This facility provided the vaccine to 80.511185 percent of its residents. This is multiple points below what we were hoping for. Surprisingly, this nursing home was actually decent at keeping its patients out of the hospital. In fact, it had only 0 hospitalizations per one thousand long-term resident days. This is its best feature in this category.
Short-term Care Quality
The final category we assessed is short-term care. This nursing home was given an abysmal grade of F in that category. In our short-term care assessment, we try to craft a sound gauge for rehabilitation services. In doing so, we analyze a facility's level of highly-skilled nursing services, including both registered nurses and physical therapy, as well as occupational therapy. Based on its grade in this area, we weren't surprised to discover that this nursing home is well below average in terms of the number of registered nurse and physical therapy hours offered to its residents based on the measures we looked at. Frankly, this was what we expected here. The last datapoint we looked at in this category is the percentage of patients who were able to leave the nursing home and return to the community. We discovered that just 4.4 percent of this facility's patients were able to return home, which is well below average. The combination of these poor metrics doomed this nursing home's short-term care score.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
Falling Water Healthcare Center Quality Metrics
Minimizes Pressure Ulcers
In Falling Water Healthcare Center, 7.3% of Patients had Pressure Ulcers
This indicates the percentage of patients that sustained a pressure ulcer. Pressure ulcers are considered to be an indicator of nursing care at a nursing home. Pressure ulcers, also referred to as bed sores, are often caused by patients staying in one position for too long.
Minimizes Serious Falls
In Falling Water Healthcare Center, 3.68% of Patients had Serious Falls
This figure measures the percentage of long-term stay residents who experienced falls leading to serious injury. Falls can arise for a variety of reasons, but excessive numbers of falls could be an indicator of lower levels of patient supervision.
Minimizes Urinary Tract Infections
In Falling Water Healthcare Center, 1.34% of Patients had UTIs
This is the percentage of residents who sustained a urinary tract infection. Urinary tract infections are often associated with facilities with lower levels of hygiene. More frequent bathing can reduce the number likelihood of residents sustaining infections. Note that this datapoint is sometimes skewed by the fact that facilities have incongruent reporting standards for urinary tract infections.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Psychotic Medication
In Falling Water Healthcare Center, 12.59% of Patients use Anti-Psychotic Medication
This indicates the percent of residents prescribed antipsychotic medications. These medications may be used to treat a variety of conditions, such as dementia.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Anxiety Medication
In Falling Water Healthcare Center, 21.99% of Patients use Anti-Anxiety Medication
This tells you the percent of residents who were given antianxiety drugs. Antianxiety medications are administered to patients suffering from depression and anxiety.
Managing Depression Among Residents
In Falling Water Healthcare Center, 21.39% of Patients
This is a measure of the percent of long-term patients exhibiting depressive symptoms.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In Falling Water Healthcare Center, 88.91% of Patients
This indicates the percentage of patients who were given the pneumonia and flu vaccines. High vaccination rates should be standard at this point.
Residents Maintain Autonomy
In Falling Water Healthcare Center, 14.84% Percentage of Patients
This datapoint measures the percentage of long-term residents that needed increased assistance with activities of daily living over time. ADL's include activities such as moving around and taking a bath. Many argue that this is a reasonable measure of a resident's well-being.
Ability to Keep Residents Mobile
In Falling Water Healthcare Center, 12.66% Percentage of Residents
This metric tracks the percentage of long-term care patients that were able to retain mobility. Many believe that the ability to move around is vital to residents' mental and physical well-being.
Short-term Care: Rehospitalizations
In Falling Water Healthcare Center, 12.66 Percentage of Residents Rehospitalized
This tells you the number of rehospitalizations per 1,000 days of short-term patient care. There is generally a correlation between staying out of the hospital and a nursing home's quality of short-term rehabilitation.
Short-term Care: ER Visits
In Falling Water Healthcare Center, 12.98 Percentage of Patients
This is a measure of the number of times residents are sent to the emergency room per 1,000 days of short-term care. Avoiding emergency medical situations is one way to assess the well-being of patients during rehabilitation.
Short-term Care: Facilitates Functional Improvement
In Falling Water Healthcare Center, 75.85% Percentage of Resident
This is the percentage of short-term care residents who experienced functional improvements, such as with activities of daily living.
- Southwest General Health CenterAcute Care Hospitals 3.32 miles away18697 Bagley Road Cleveland Ohio 44130Voluntary non-profit - Private(440) 816-6701
- Fairview HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 8.77 miles away18101 Lorain Avenue Cleveland Ohio 44111Voluntary non-profit - Private(216) 476-7000
- Uh St John Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 9.45 miles away29000 Center Ridge Road Westlake Ohio 44145Voluntary non-profit - Private(440) 835-8000
- Metrohealth SystemAcute Care Hospitals 11.94 miles away2500 Metrohealth Drive Cleveland Ohio 44109Voluntary non-profit - Other(216) 778-7089
- Medina HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 12.88 miles away1000 East Washington Street Medina Ohio 44256Voluntary non-profit - Private(330) 725-1000
- Lutheran HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 13.17 miles away1730 West 25th Street Cleveland Ohio 44113Voluntary non-profit - Private(216) 696-4300
- Marymount HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 14.01 miles away12300 Mccracken Road Cleveland Ohio 44125Voluntary non-profit - Private(216) 581-0500
- St Vincent Charity Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 14.55 miles away2351 East 22nd Street Cleveland Ohio 44115Voluntary non-profit - Private(216) 861-6200
- Davita Dialysis - Strongsville2.43 miles away17792 Pearl Rd. Strongsville Ohio 44136CMS Rating: 5 stars Dialysis Stations: 16 (440) 238-9270
- Davita - Middleburg Heights Dialysis2.94 miles away7360 Engle Road Cleveland Ohio 44130Dialysis Stations: 24 (440) 891-5645
- Center for Dialysis Care Middleburg Heights4.33 miles away6749 Eastland Road Cleveland Ohio 44130Dialysis Stations: 20 (440) 234-3916
- Fmc - Cleveland Clinic West5.9 miles away14670 Snow Road Brookpark Ohio 44142CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 24 (216) 267-1451
- Davita - Parma Heights Dialysis6 miles away9050 North Church Drive Cleveland Ohio 44130CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 19 (440) 842-0895
- Davita - Parma Dialysis6.02 miles away6735 Ames Road Cleveland Ohio 44129Dialysis Stations: 19 (440) 743-0690
- Davita - Kidney Center of Brunswick6.1 miles away3812 Center Road, Suite 101 Brunswick Ohio 44212Dialysis Stations: 16 (330) 220-4502
- Nxstage Cleveland, LLC6.2 miles away1418 Town Center Blvd a-30 Brunswick Ohio 44212Dialysis Stations: 13 (330) 558-8744