Fall Creek Rehabilitation and Healthcare Center is a large nursing home located in Humble, Texas. With an overall score of F, we consider this to be a lower end nursing home. If you are not satisfied with this facility's rather poor overall grade, you will be pleased to know there are four other nursing homes in Humble. This facility's only redeeming quality is its inspection score, which you can find additional information on below.
Fall Creek Rehabilitation and Healthcare Center
- Nursing Home
Updated Jun 1, 2022 by Nick Lata
- Accepts Medicare 1
- Accepts Medicaid 1
- No CCRC
- Has Resident Council
- Has Family Council
- For profit - Limited Liability company
- Offers Hospice
- Offers Respite Care
- Offers Inpatient Rehab
- Personal Care
- Medication Management
- Home Making
- Dialysis Transportation
- Speech Therapy
- Stroke Recovery
- IV Antibiotic Therapy
- Wound Care
- Occupational Therapy
- Cardiac Therapy
- Tracheotomy Care
- Mental Health
- Physical Therapy
- Respiratory Therapy
- Recreational Therapy
- Pain Management
- Bariatric Care
- Orthopedic Rehabilitation
- Total Parenteral Nutrition
Registered Staff Hours
While we graded this facility incredibly poorly overall, it received an impressive inspection report this year. As a result, it earned one of our best grades in that area with an A. Inspection scores account for a host of factors found on a nursing home's inspection reports. One key criteria we weigh heavily is the number and severity of deficiencies. You should avoid facilities with a list of deficiencies flagged. Amazingly, this was one of the few nursing homes in the country that had no deficiencies whatsoever on its inspection report. This is very impressive. The lack of deficiencies is this facility's greatest accomplishment.
Short-term Care Quality
We awarded this nursing home just a D for our short-term care score and that actually wound up as its next best score. In crafting our short-term care scores, we quantify the facility's skilled nursing services, such as those performed by registered nurses, speech therapists, physical therapists and other types of skilled professionals. The purpose is to create a scale for comparing the rehabilitation services of different facilities. As you might expect, we learned that this place offers far less physical therapist and registered nurse hours per resident than a typical facility. Lastly, we assessed the percentage of residents that ultimately were able to return home from this facility. This nursing home didn't fare well here either. In fact, we found that just 5.2 percent of this facility's patients were able to return home. This figure was well off the national average.
Does this page answer your questions about Fall Creek Rehabilitation and Healthcare Center?
This facility ended up receiving rock bottom score in our nursing category. It received an F in this category. The nursing grade analyzes many components, many of which are tied to levels of nurse staffing. This place provided a meager 0.3 hours of nursing care per patient each day. This figure is significantly below the national average. Finally, we also assessed some nursing quality-based metrics in computing our nursing ratings. This facility fared well when it comes to avoiding pressure ulcers and major falls. Many consider these datapoints to be indicators of the quality of nursing care.
Long-term Care Quality
Moving on to our final area, this facility did not perform very well here either. With a very poor grade of F in long-term care, this is just about as bad as it gets. For residents looking for a permanent residence as opposed to rehabilitation, long-term care grades are very important. On top of assessing the quantity of care provided by nurses aids and other staff, we also looked at the percentage of residents vaccinated against pneumonia. Fortunately, this facility gave the vaccine to 99.55157 percent of its residents, which is a very respectable figure. Surprisingly, this nursing home was able to limit hospitalizations. With just 0.02 hospitalizations per one thousand long-term resident days, this facility has fewer hospitalizations than the average nursing home. Sadly, a few of its other scores in the category were not as favorable as these.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
Fall Creek Rehabilitation and Healthcare Center Quality Metrics
Minimizes Pressure Ulcers
In Fall Creek Rehabilitation and Healthcare Center, 7.94% of Patients had Pressure Ulcers
This datapoint is a measure of the percentage of long-term care patients that have new or worsened pressure ulcers or bed sores. We bake this statistic into our nursing grades.
Minimizes Serious Falls
In Fall Creek Rehabilitation and Healthcare Center, 3.28% of Patients had Serious Falls
This datapoint tells you the percentage of long-term care residents who have sustained falls resulting in major injury. Falls can happen for a variety of reasons, but high rates of falls resulting in injuries could be an indication of lower quality nursing care.
Minimizes Urinary Tract Infections
In Fall Creek Rehabilitation and Healthcare Center, 1.64% of Patients had UTIs
This is the percentage of patients that suffered from a urinary tract infection. Urinary tract infections are routinely associated with lower quality nursing care. Additional nurse staffing can minimize the percentage of residents in a nursing home who suffer from UTI's. We want to point out that this datapoint is affected by by the fact that facilities have incongruent reporting standards for urinary tract infections.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Psychotic Medication
In Fall Creek Rehabilitation and Healthcare Center, 11.75% of Patients use Anti-Psychotic Medication
This metric indicates the percent of long-term stay patients receiving antipsychotic drugs. While antipsychotic medications play an important role in caring for many residents, it is important to make sure these drugs are being used appropriately. In some cases, increased usage of these drugs may suggest that a nursing home is using these drugs to subdue residents.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Anxiety Medication
In Fall Creek Rehabilitation and Healthcare Center, 22.77% of Patients use Anti-Anxiety Medication
This indicates the percentage of residents prescribed antianxiety medications. Antianxiety medications are prescribed to residents suffering from anxiety or depression.
Managing Depression Among Residents
In Fall Creek Rehabilitation and Healthcare Center, 4.66% of Patients
This indicates the percent of patients exhibiting symptoms of depression.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In Fall Creek Rehabilitation and Healthcare Center, 94.73% of Patients
This is the percentage of residents that were given the pneumonia and flu vaccines. Higher vaccination rates should be demanded by residents.
Residents Maintain Autonomy
In Fall Creek Rehabilitation and Healthcare Center, 17.29% Percentage of Patients
This datapoint is a measure of the percentage of long-term patients that required additional assistance with activities of daily living over time. ADL's include activities such as dressing and bathing. Some believe this is a reasonable measure of a resident's well-being.
Ability to Keep Residents Mobile
In Fall Creek Rehabilitation and Healthcare Center, 18.08% Percentage of Residents
This tells you the percent of patients that maintained mobility over time. Optimizing mobility can be a great sign for residents' health.
In Fall Creek Rehabilitation and Healthcare Center, 1.58 Hospitalizations per 1,000 resident days
This metric measures the number of hospitalizations per 1,000 days of patient care. Minimizing hospitalizations is important to preserving the physical well-being of residents.
Short-term Care: Rehospitalizations
In Fall Creek Rehabilitation and Healthcare Center, 18.08 Percentage of Residents Rehospitalized
This datapoint measures the number of times residents are rehospitalized per thousand days of short-term resident care. Avoiding rehospitalizations during rehabilitation is critical to restoring the physical well-being of residents.
Short-term Care: ER Visits
In Fall Creek Rehabilitation and Healthcare Center, 11.87 Percentage of Patients
This is the number of emergency room visits per 1,000 days of short-term care.
Short-term Care: Facilitates Functional Improvement
In Fall Creek Rehabilitation and Healthcare Center, 66.73% Percentage of Resident
This indicates the percent of short-term patients who experienced functional improvements, such as enhanced ability to perform activities of daily living. Higher levels of independence with activities of daily living usually correlates with better rehabilitation.
Scores for Humble, TX
- Overall Rating has a grade of F
- Nurse Rating has a grade of F
- Long-term Care Rating has a grade of F
- Short-term Care Rating has a grade of D
- Inspection Rating has a grade of B-plus
Looking for more options? Humble, Texas has 4 other nursing homes
- Memorial Hermann Northeast HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 4.05 miles away18951 Memorial North Humble Texas 77338Voluntary non-profit - Private(281) 540-7700
- Humble Surgical Hospital, LLCAcute Care Hospitals 4.79 miles away1475 Fm 1960 Bypass Road East Humble Texas 77338Physician(281) 964-2100
- Memorial Hermann Surgical Hospital KingwoodAcute Care Hospitals 7.67 miles away300 Kingwood Medical Drive Kingwood Texas 77339Proprietary(281) 312-4000
- United Memorial Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 10.4 miles away510 W Tidwell Houston Texas 77091Physician(713) 691-1111
- Hca Houston Healthcare NorthwestAcute Care Hospitals 11.72 miles away710 Cypress Creek Parkway Houston Texas 77090Proprietary(281) 440-1000
- Intracare North HospitalPsychiatric 11.88 miles away1120 Cypress Station Dr Houston Texas 77090Voluntary non-profit - Private(281) 893-7200
- Ad Hospital East, LLCAcute Care Hospitals 11.98 miles away12950 East Freeway, Suite 100 Houston Texas 77015Proprietary(713) 330-3897
- Tops Surgical Specialty HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 12 miles away17080 Red Oak Drive Houston Texas 77090Physician(281) 539-2900
- Ace Dialysis2.1 miles away14512 Lee Road Humble Texas 77396Dialysis Stations: 12 (281) 441-5016
- Fresenius Medical Care North Houston3.37 miles away5435 Aldine Mail Route Houston Texas 77039CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 30 (281) 987-7772
- Humble Dialysis, Lp4.43 miles away19502 Mckay Dr. Suite 100 Humble Texas 77338CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 32 (281) 540-4313
- Fresenius Medical Care Kingwood, LLC4.76 miles away9767 Fm 1960 Bypass Rd W Humble Texas 77338Dialysis Stations: 16 (281) 548-1250
- Deerbrook Dialysis4.85 miles away9660 Fm 1960 Bypass Humble Texas 77338CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 24 (281) 312-6362
- Bayou City Dialysis6.01 miles away10655 Eastex Freeway Houston Texas 77093CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 16 (713) 695-8986
- Davita Atascocita Dialysis6.33 miles away5414 Fm 1960 Rd E Humble Texas 77346Dialysis Stations: 20 (832) 445-0020
- Jensen Dialysis Center LLC7.19 miles away9716 Jensen Drive Houston Texas 77093Dialysis Stations: 22 (713) 692-4600