Falcon Ridge Rehabilitation is a large government-owned facility located in Hutto, Texas. It looks like this facility is a subpar nursing home. A score of this caliber suggests we found some red flags. If you are not satisfied with this facility's pedestrian overall grade, you may have to look in other cities as this is the only nursing home in Hutto. Despite all this, one of the few highlights of this facility's profile is its strong inspection rating. You can continue reading to learn more about inspections and other category grades
Falcon Ridge Rehabilitation
- Nursing Home
Updated Sep 1, 2022 by Nick Lata
- Accepts Medicare 1
- Accepts Medicaid 1
- Is CCRC
- Has Resident Council
- No Family Council
- Government - Hospital district
- Offers Hospice
- Offers Post-Acute Care
- Offers Respite Care
- Offers Inpatient Rehab
- Personal Care
- Medication Management
- Home Making
- Medical Transportation
- Speech Therapy
- Stroke Recovery
- Amputee Recovery
- IV Antibiotic Therapy
- Palliative Care
- Wound Care
- Occupational Therapy
- Cardiac Therapy
- Tracheotomy Care
- Diabetes Management
- Physical Therapy
- Respiratory Therapy
- Nutritional Counseling
- Recreational Therapy
- Pain Management
- Orthopedic Rehabilitation
- Total Parenteral Nutrition
Registered Staff Hours
Although we did not rate this nursing home favorably overall, we want to point out its relatively favorable inspections in recent years. We gave it a B+ in this category, which was much better than its overall score. Inspection ratings are tied to many items located in the a nursing home's recent inspection reports. Deficiencies are a key thing to look for on these reports. You should especially avoid nursing homes that have severe deficiencies linked to risks to resident well being. Fortunately, although this nursing home had a few minor dings on its report, it had no severe deficiencies. Severe deficiencies are those found in categories G through L. This tells you that CMS did not consider any of the deficiencies on this facility's report to pose an imminent threat to patient health or safety. A few minor deficiencies aren't the end of the world.
Long-term Care Quality
This facilities second most favorable category is long-term care. We awarded it a B- in this area. This is basically a slightly below average grade in this area. Our long-term care grade assesses a facility's assistance with daily living instead of the skilled therapy and medical services that are critical to a rehabilitation facility. One of the statistics we considered in addition to nursing hours was vaccines. This facility administered the pneumonia vaccination to 91.735535 percent of its patients. On a more positive note, this place was able to limit hospitalizations. Indeed, it had only 0.03 hospitalizations per one thousand long-term resident days, which is a remarkably low figure.
Does this page answer your questions about Falcon Ridge Rehabilitation?
We awarded this facility a respectable grade in the area of nursing as well, with a grade of C. In computing our nursing scores, we look at both nursing hours and the levels of licensure of the nurses. This facility provides 0.3 hours of nursing care per patient daily. This is a much lower figure than we are used to seeing. Lastly, nursing grades also consider quality-based assessments, such as preventing major falls. Despite not having the most impressive total nursing hours, this place actually performed admirably in the metric of preventing major falls. This is generally a reliable indicator that a facility has quality controls in place. Many falls can be avoided if a nursing home provides enough nurses to assist its residents.
Short-term Care Quality
The last area we scored is short-term care. Sadly, it received a lowly F for this category, which is an abysmal score. Our short-term care ratings are arguably more important for folks needing a nursing home for rehabilitation. Rehabilitation usually requires higher levels of skilled nursing. This includes not merely nursing services, but also physical and speech therapy, as well as other types of therapy. Given its grade in this category, we were not stunned to discover that this place was well below average in terms of the quantity of registered nurse and physical therapy hours offered to its patients based on the data we looked at. The last item we assessed in this area is the percentage of residents who were able to leave the nursing home and return to the community. We discovered that just 5 percent of this facility's patients were able to return home, which is well below average. The combination of these poor metrics sunk this nursing home's short-term care score.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
Falcon Ridge Rehabilitation Quality Metrics
Minimizes Pressure Ulcers
In Falcon Ridge Rehabilitation, 7.79% of Patients had Pressure Ulcers
This indicates the percentage of patients that suffered from a pressure ulcer. Pressure ulcers, also referred to as bed sores, are routinely the result of patients staying in one position for too long. Better nursing care can minimize the percentage of residents in a nursing home who sustain pressure ulcers.
Minimizes Serious Falls
In Falcon Ridge Rehabilitation, 3.33% of Patients had Serious Falls
This metric is an indication of the percentage of long-term care patients that suffered a fall resulting in serious injury. This is one of the statistics we use in computing our nursing grades.
Minimizes Urinary Tract Infections
In Falcon Ridge Rehabilitation, 1.51% of Patients had UTIs
This tells you the percentage of residents who sustained a urinary tract infection. UTI's are routinely the result of nursing homes with worse hygiene protocols. Better hygiene protocols can minimize the number likelihood of residents sustaining infections. Note that this statistic is sometimes skewed by the fact that facilities have incongruent reporting standards for urinary tract infections.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Psychotic Medication
In Falcon Ridge Rehabilitation, 11.48% of Patients use Anti-Psychotic Medication
This indicates the percent of patients who were given antipsychotic drugs. Antipsychotic medications are prescribed to residents for many conditions, including cognitive disorders. Tragically, in limited situations, excessive reliance on these medications may mean that a facility is using these drugs to control patient behavior.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Anxiety Medication
In Falcon Ridge Rehabilitation, 22.56% of Patients use Anti-Anxiety Medication
This tells you the percent of residents prescribed antianxiety drugs. Antianxiety medications are given to patients suffering from depression and anxiety.
Managing Depression Among Residents
In Falcon Ridge Rehabilitation, 4.81% of Patients
This indicates the percent of residents showing depressive symptoms. High rates of depression could imply worse patient care.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In Falcon Ridge Rehabilitation, 94.64% of Patients
This metric is a measure of the percentage of long-term care patients that received the flu and pneumonia vaccines.
Residents Maintain Autonomy
In Falcon Ridge Rehabilitation, 17.1% Percentage of Patients
This datapoint is a measure of the percent of long-term care residents who needed increased assistance with activities of daily living over time. Activities of daily living include activities such as dressing and eating.
Ability to Keep Residents Mobile
In Falcon Ridge Rehabilitation, 16.36% Percentage of Residents
This indicates the percentage of residents who remained mobile levels over time. Preserving mobility is usually a great sign for residents' well-being.
In Falcon Ridge Rehabilitation, 1.67 Hospitalizations per 1,000 resident days
This datapoint is a measure of the number of hospitalizations per 1,000 days of patient care.
Short-term Care: Rehospitalizations
In Falcon Ridge Rehabilitation, 16.36 Percentage of Residents Rehospitalized
This is a measure of the number of rehospitalizations per 1,000 days of short-term care. Staying out of the hospital during rehabilitation is key to restoring the health of residents.
Short-term Care: ER Visits
In Falcon Ridge Rehabilitation, 11.4 Percentage of Patients
This tells you the number of emergency room visits per 1,000 days of short-term care. There is a correlation between reduced emergency room visits and the overall quality of nursing home care.
Short-term Care: Facilitates Functional Improvement
In Falcon Ridge Rehabilitation, 66.86% Percentage of Resident
This datapoint is a measure of the percent of short-term residents that experienced functional improvements, such as with activities of daily living. Some argue this is a measure of rehabilitation performance.
- Baylor Scott & White Medical Center PflugervilleAcute Care Hospitals 4.48 miles away2600 East Pflugerville Parkway Pflugerville Texas 78660Voluntary non-profit - Private(512) 654-6100
- Seton Medical Center WilliamsonAcute Care Hospitals 5.82 miles away201 Seton Parkway Round Rock Texas 78664Voluntary non-profit - Private(512) 324-0000
- Scott & White Hospital-Round RockAcute Care Hospitals 7.12 miles away300 University Blvd Round Rock Texas 78664Voluntary non-profit - Private(512) 509-0100
- Round Rock Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 7.97 miles away2400 Round Rock Ave Round Rock Texas 78681Proprietary(512) 341-1000
- North Austin Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 10.33 miles away12221 Mopac Expressway North Austin Texas 78758Proprietary(512) 901-1000
- Baylor Scott & White Medical Center -TaylorCritical Access Hospitals 11.3 miles away305 Mallard Taylor Texas 76574Voluntary non-profit - Private(512) 352-7611
- Ascension Seton NorthwestAcute Care Hospitals 12.37 miles away11113 Research Boulevard Austin Texas 78759Voluntary non-profit - Private(512) 324-6000
- Cedar Park Regional Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 14.05 miles away1401 Medical Parkway Cedar Park Texas 78613Proprietary(512) 528-7000
- Nna - Roundrock5.65 miles away1499 E Old Settlers Blvd Suite A Round Rock Texas 78664Dialysis Stations: 20 (512) 671-8012
- Bio-Medical Applications of Texas Inc6.22 miles away2129 W Pecan St Pflugerville Texas 78660Dialysis Stations: 13 (512) 989-9366
- Davita Pflugerville Dialysis6.22 miles away2606 W. Pecan St Bldg 3, Ste 300 Pflugerville Texas 78660Dialysis Stations: 12 (512) 990-7785
- Scott & White Round Rock Dialysis Center6.5 miles away2120 North Mays St Suite 230 Round Rock Texas 78664Dialysis Stations: 18 (512) 238-2900
- Round Rock Dialysis7.06 miles away1800 Round Rock Avenue Round Rock Texas 78681Dialysis Stations: 12 (512) 310-8797
- Satellite Health Care, Inc.7.94 miles away16010 Park Valley Drive Suite 100 Round Rock Texas 78681CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 24 (512) 275-0100
- Taylor Dialysis8.86 miles away3100 W 2nd Street Taylor Texas 76574Dialysis Stations: 12 (512) 352-2549
- Nna - North10.16 miles away12221 Renfert Way Suite 100 Austin Texas 78758CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 29 (512) 873-0346