Falcon Ridge Rehabilitation is a large government-owned facility located in Hutto, Texas. It looks like this facility is a subpar nursing home. A score of this caliber suggests we found some red flags. If you are not satisfied with this facility's pedestrian overall grade, you may have to look in other cities as this is the only nursing home in Hutto. Despite all this, one of the few highlights of this facility's profile is its strong inspection rating. You can continue reading to learn more about inspections and other category grades
Get our free e-book to learn all about your senior care options.
Falcon Ridge Rehabilitation
- Nursing Home
Updated Apr 1, 2023 by Nick Reese
Get pricing and details on Hutto senior living options.Get Pricing
- Accepts Medicare 1
- Accepts Medicaid 1
- Is CCRC
- Has Resident Council
- No Family Council
- Government - Hospital district
- Offers Hospice
- Offers Post-Acute Care
- Offers Respite Care
- Offers Inpatient Rehab
- Personal Care
- Medication Management
- Home Making
- Medical Transportation
- Speech Therapy
- Stroke Recovery
- Amputee Recovery
- IV Antibiotic Therapy
- Palliative Care
- Wound Care
- Occupational Therapy
- Cardiac Therapy
- Tracheotomy Care
- Diabetes Management
- Physical Therapy
- Respiratory Therapy
- Nutritional Counseling
- Recreational Therapy
- Pain Management
- Orthopedic Rehabilitation
- Total Parenteral Nutrition
Get our free e-book to learn all about your senior care options.
Registered Staff Hours
Although we did not rate this nursing home favorably overall, we want to point out its relatively favorable inspections in recent years. We gave it a B+ in this category, which was much better than its overall score. Inspection ratings are tied to many items located in the a nursing home's recent inspection reports. Deficiencies are a key thing to look for on these reports. You should especially avoid nursing homes that have severe deficiencies linked to risks to resident well being. Fortunately, although this nursing home had a few minor dings on its report, it had no severe deficiencies. Severe deficiencies are those found in categories G through L. This tells you that CMS did not consider any of the deficiencies on this facility's report to pose an imminent threat to patient health or safety. A few minor deficiencies aren't the end of the world.
This nursing home actually received a decent grade in the area of nursing as well. We awarded it a grade of B- for that category, which is not a bad score. Our nursing score is largely tied to the facility's level of nurse staffing. This nursing home provides only 0.3 hours of nursing care per patient per day. This is a somewhat uninspiring figure as it is well below average. Lastly, despite not having the most impressive total nursing hours per resident, this place performed admirably in the metric of preventing major falls. This is usually a good indicator that a facility has quality controls in place.
Does this page answer your questions about Falcon Ridge Rehabilitation?
Long-term Care Quality
Moving on to the area of long-term care, this facility was given just a D in that area. Facilities that receive this type of score in this category likely don't provide the kind of consistent 24/7 care that some other facilities provide. After assessing the quantity of care provided by aids and other staff, we then analyzed the facility's vaccination statistics. We were concerned by the fact that this facility vaccinated only 77.65151 percent of its residents for pneumonia. To our surprise, this place was actually able to limit hospitalizations. With just 0.01 hospitalizations per one thousand long-term resident days, this nursing home had fewer hospitalizations than the average nursing home. This was its best score in this category.
Short-term Care Quality
Turning to the next area, this facility really didn't perform very well in this category either. Due to a poor grade of F in short-term care, this is really as as uninspiring as it gets. In our short-term care category, we endeavor to craft a fair gauge for rehabilitation. In this process, we assess a facility's levels of skilled nursing services, including both registered nurses and physical therapy, as well as occupational therapy. Given its abysmal grade in this category, we were not shocked to learn that this facility offered far fewer physical therapist and registered nurse hours per resident than most other nursing homes. Finally, we assessed the number of patients who ultimately were able to return home from this nursing home. This facility didn't fare well here either. In fact, we found that just 5 percent of this facility's patients were able to return home.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
Falcon Ridge Rehabilitation Quality Metrics
Minimizes Pressure Ulcers
In Falcon Ridge Rehabilitation, 7.17% of Patients had Pressure Ulcers
This indicates the percentage of residents who have had a pressure ulcer. Pressure ulcers are considered by many in the nursing home industry to be a measure of nursing care at a nursing home. Pressure ulcers, also called bed sores, are often the result of residents staying in one position for too long.
Minimizes Serious Falls
In Falcon Ridge Rehabilitation, 3.38% of Patients had Serious Falls
This indicates the percentage of patients that suffered from a major fall. Falls leading to serious injuries are often linked to lower quality nursing care. Closer supervision can minimize the percentage of residents in a nursing home who sustain major falls.
Minimizes Urinary Tract Infections
In Falcon Ridge Rehabilitation, 1.52% of Patients had UTIs
This metric is an indication of the percentage of long-term care patients that suffered from a urinary tract infection. Although more infections could reflect poorly on a nursing home's hygiene protocols, it is problematic to compare between nursing homes due to nursing homes having varying reporting standards.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Psychotic Medication
In Falcon Ridge Rehabilitation, 10.14% of Patients use Anti-Psychotic Medication
This indicates the percentage of patients who were prescribed antipsychotic medications. While antipsychotic drugs may be vital to many patients, it is important to confirm these medications are being used appropriately. In some situations, increased usage of these drugs may indicate that a facility is using these drugs to subdue residents.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Anxiety Medication
In Falcon Ridge Rehabilitation, 22.67% of Patients use Anti-Anxiety Medication
This figure indicates the percentage of long-term care patients who are given antianxiety medication. These medications are generally given to residents suffering from anxiety or depression.
Managing Depression Among Residents
In Falcon Ridge Rehabilitation, 4.84% of Patients
This indicates the percentage of patients who are exhibiting symptoms of depression. High rates of depression may reveal a less hospitable environment.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In Falcon Ridge Rehabilitation, 93.69% of Patients
This tells you the percentage of patients that have received the flu and pneumonia vaccines. High vaccination rates should be standard at this point.
Residents Maintain Autonomy
In Falcon Ridge Rehabilitation, 17.58% Percentage of Patients
This indicates the percent of residents that required increased assistance with activities of daily living over time. High levels of needing for assistance with ADL's may be a sign of erosion of a resident's health.
Ability to Keep Residents Mobile
In Falcon Ridge Rehabilitation, 13.47% Percentage of Residents
This is the percentage of residents that were able to retain mobility over time. Preserving mobility is often a great sign for residents' health.
In Falcon Ridge Rehabilitation, 1.89 Hospitalizations per 1,000 resident days
This datapoint is a measure of the number of times residents are hospitalized per 1,000 days of patient care. Minimizing hospitalizations is critical to the physical health of nursing home residents.
Short-term Care: Rehospitalizations
In Falcon Ridge Rehabilitation, 13.47 Percentage of Residents Rehospitalized
This is the number of rehospitalizations per thousand days of short-term patient care. There is usually a correlation between having fewer hospitalizations and the quality of rehabilitation services.
Short-term Care: ER Visits
In Falcon Ridge Rehabilitation, 11.91 Percentage of Patients
This tells you the number of emergency room visits per 1,000 days of short-term care. There is a correlation between reduced emergency room visits and the overall quality of nursing home care.
Short-term Care: Facilitates Functional Improvement
In Falcon Ridge Rehabilitation, 66.29% Percentage of Resident
This datapoint is a measure of the percent of short-term residents that experienced functional improvements, such as with activities of daily living. Some argue this is a measure of rehabilitation performance.
- Baylor Scott & White Medical Center PflugervilleAcute Care Hospitals 4.48 miles away2600 East Pflugerville Parkway Pflugerville Texas 78660Voluntary non-profit - Private(512) 654-6100
- Seton Medical Center WilliamsonAcute Care Hospitals 5.82 miles away201 Seton Parkway Round Rock Texas 78664Voluntary non-profit - Private(512) 324-0000
- Scott & White Hospital-Round RockAcute Care Hospitals 7.12 miles away300 University Blvd Round Rock Texas 78664Voluntary non-profit - Private(512) 509-0100
- Round Rock Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 7.97 miles away2400 Round Rock Ave Round Rock Texas 78681Proprietary(512) 341-1000
- North Austin Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 10.33 miles away12221 Mopac Expressway North Austin Texas 78758Proprietary(512) 901-1000
- Baylor Scott & White Medical Center -TaylorCritical Access Hospitals 11.3 miles away305 Mallard Taylor Texas 76574Voluntary non-profit - Private(512) 352-7611
- Ascension Seton NorthwestAcute Care Hospitals 12.37 miles away11113 Research Boulevard Austin Texas 78759Voluntary non-profit - Private(512) 324-6000
- Cedar Park Regional Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 14.05 miles away1401 Medical Parkway Cedar Park Texas 78613Proprietary(512) 528-7000
- Nna - Roundrock5.65 miles away1499 E Old Settlers Blvd Suite A Round Rock Texas 78664Dialysis Stations: 20 (512) 671-8012
- Bio-Medical Applications of Texas Inc6.22 miles away2129 W Pecan St Pflugerville Texas 78660Dialysis Stations: 13 (512) 989-9366
- Davita Pflugerville Dialysis6.22 miles away2606 W. Pecan St Bldg 3, Ste 300 Pflugerville Texas 78660Dialysis Stations: 12 (512) 990-7785
- Scott & White Round Rock Dialysis Center6.5 miles away2120 North Mays St Suite 230 Round Rock Texas 78664Dialysis Stations: 18 (512) 238-2900
- Round Rock Dialysis7.06 miles away1800 Round Rock Avenue Round Rock Texas 78681Dialysis Stations: 12 (512) 310-8797
- Satellite Health Care, Inc.7.94 miles away16010 Park Valley Drive Suite 100 Round Rock Texas 78681CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 24 (512) 275-0100
- Taylor Dialysis8.86 miles away3100 W 2nd Street Taylor Texas 76574Dialysis Stations: 12 (512) 352-2549
- Nna - North10.16 miles away12221 Renfert Way Suite 100 Austin Texas 78758CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 29 (512) 873-0346