Falcon Ridge Rehabilitation is a large government-owned facility located in Hutto, Texas. It looks like this facility is a subpar nursing home. A score of this caliber suggests we found some red flags. If you are not satisfied with this facility's pedestrian overall grade, you may have to look in other cities as this is the only nursing home in Hutto. More information on this facility's category grades is available below. Its best category is inspections, which is discussed in the next section.
Falcon Ridge Rehabilitation
- Nursing Home
Updated Jun 1, 2022 by Nick Lata
Note: Falcon Ridge Rehabilitation has been flagged for abuse in the past 12 months. We have capped this facility's overall grade accordingly.
- Accepts Medicare 1
- Accepts Medicaid 1
- Is CCRC
- Has Resident Council
- No Family Council
- Government - Hospital district
- Offers Hospice
- Offers Post-Acute Care
- Offers Respite Care
- Offers Inpatient Rehab
- Personal Care
- Medication Management
- Home Making
- Medical Transportation
- Speech Therapy
- Stroke Recovery
- Amputee Recovery
- IV Antibiotic Therapy
- Palliative Care
- Wound Care
- Occupational Therapy
- Cardiac Therapy
- Tracheotomy Care
- Diabetes Management
- Physical Therapy
- Respiratory Therapy
- Nutritional Counseling
- Recreational Therapy
- Pain Management
- Orthopedic Rehabilitation
- Total Parenteral Nutrition
Registered Staff Hours
While we gave this nursing home a bad overall grade, we actually gave it a fairly respectable grade in the category of inspections, where we gave it a grade of B-. This was better than its other categories. We weigh several aspects of a nursing home's inspection report in determining these inspection scores. One critical factor is health deficiencies. You should keep in mind that the severity of these deficiencies is usually more meaningful than the quantity of deficiencies, as some deficiencies can be relatively insignificant. Although this nursing home had some deficiencies on its government inspection report, none were severe based on CMS' deficiency scale. Finally, this facility was cited by CMS for possible abuse or neglect. We would not recommend this facility under any circumstance.
Short-term Care Quality
This facility was given its second best category score in the area of short-term care. We gave this nursing home a grade of B- in this category, which is a reasonably acceptable grade. In the category of short-term care, we attempt to assess measures of a nursing home's rehabilitation. We assess a facility's skilled nursing services, such as the ones performed by registered nurses and physical therapists. Unfortunately, this place was below average in terms of its quantity of registered nurse and physical therapy hours provided to its patients based on the measures we assessed. The last statistic we assessed in this area is the number of patients that ultimately were able to return home from the facility. We found that just 6.2 percent of this facility's residents returned home.
Does this page answer your questions about Falcon Ridge Rehabilitation?
Long-term Care Quality
This nursing home was awarded its next most favorable category grade in the category of long-term care. We gave this facility a grade of C in this area, which is a reasonably acceptable score. Long-term care scores are based on a facility's quantity of care. This includes a vast spectrum of personal care services, ranging from assistance with activities of daily living to routine medical services. In addition to considering the amount of care provided by aids and other staff, we looked at the number of residents vaccinated against pneumonia. This nursing home administered the vaccine to 91.935486 percent of its residents. This is a few points less than we were hoping for but still a reasonably acceptable percentage. On a more positive note, this place was able to limit hospitalizations. In fact, it had less than one hospitalization per one thousand long-term resident days, which is a remarkably low figure.
The last area we scored is nursing, which is a weak link for this nursing home. We awarded this nursing home a D in the area of nursing. When determining our nursing scores, we assess both staffing levels and the skill levels of those nurses. This nursing home provided just 0.3 hours of nursing care per resident on a daily basis. Finally, we also looked at some nursing quality measures in calculating our nursing ratings. This place fared well in the area of minimizing its residents' major falls and pressure ulcers.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
Falcon Ridge Rehabilitation Quality Metrics
Minimizes Pressure Ulcers
In Falcon Ridge Rehabilitation, 7.94% of Patients had Pressure Ulcers
This datapoint gauges the percentage of long-term care residents that developed new or worsened pressure ulcers or bed sores. We use this statistic in calculating our nursing grades.
Minimizes Serious Falls
In Falcon Ridge Rehabilitation, 3.28% of Patients had Serious Falls
This is the percent of patients who have had a fall leading to severe injury.
Minimizes Urinary Tract Infections
In Falcon Ridge Rehabilitation, 1.64% of Patients had UTIs
This indicates the percentage of long-term care residents which have experienced UTI's. UTI's may be a sign of a facility with lower levels of hygiene. However, this datapoint may also be misleading for some facilities due to different reporting standards for urinary tract infections.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Psychotic Medication
In Falcon Ridge Rehabilitation, 11.75% of Patients use Anti-Psychotic Medication
This tells you the percentage of residents who were prescribed antipsychotic medications. While antipsychotic medications may be vital to many patients, it is important to ensure these drugs are being used only where medically required. In some cases, increased usage of these drugs may mean a nursing home is using these drugs to subdue residents.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Anxiety Medication
In Falcon Ridge Rehabilitation, 22.77% of Patients use Anti-Anxiety Medication
This figure measures the percentage of long-term care residents taking antianxiety drugs.
Managing Depression Among Residents
In Falcon Ridge Rehabilitation, 4.66% of Patients
This is a measure of the percentage of long-term care patients showing symptoms of depression.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In Falcon Ridge Rehabilitation, 94.73% of Patients
This tells you the percent of residents who have received the pneumonia and flu vaccines. High vaccination rates should be standard at this point.
Residents Maintain Autonomy
In Falcon Ridge Rehabilitation, 17.29% Percentage of Patients
This metric is a measure of the percentage of long-term care patients who needed more assistance with activities of daily living over time. ADL's include activities such as moving around and eating.
Ability to Keep Residents Mobile
In Falcon Ridge Rehabilitation, 18.08% Percentage of Residents
This is the percent of patients who retained mobility levels over time. Preserving mobility can be a good sign for residents' well-being.
In Falcon Ridge Rehabilitation, 1.58 Hospitalizations per 1,000 resident days
This datapoint is a measure of the number of hospitalizations per 1,000 days of patient care.
Short-term Care: Rehospitalizations
In Falcon Ridge Rehabilitation, 18.08 Percentage of Residents Rehospitalized
This is the number of rehospitalizations per 1,000 days of short-term care.
Short-term Care: ER Visits
In Falcon Ridge Rehabilitation, 11.87 Percentage of Patients
This indicates the number of emergency room visits per 1,000 days of short-term patient care.
Short-term Care: Facilitates Functional Improvement
In Falcon Ridge Rehabilitation, 66.73% Percentage of Resident
This metric is a measure of the percent of short-term care patients who experienced functional improvements, such as with activities of daily living. Many in the industry argue that this is a reasonable measure of rehabilitation services.
- Baylor Scott & White Medical Center PflugervilleAcute Care Hospitals 4.48 miles away2600 East Pflugerville Parkway Pflugerville Texas 78660Voluntary non-profit - Private(512) 654-6100
- Seton Medical Center WilliamsonAcute Care Hospitals 5.82 miles away201 Seton Parkway Round Rock Texas 78664Voluntary non-profit - Private(512) 324-0000
- Scott & White Hospital-Round RockAcute Care Hospitals 7.12 miles away300 University Blvd Round Rock Texas 78664Voluntary non-profit - Private(512) 509-0100
- Round Rock Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 7.97 miles away2400 Round Rock Ave Round Rock Texas 78681Proprietary(512) 341-1000
- North Austin Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 10.33 miles away12221 Mopac Expressway North Austin Texas 78758Proprietary(512) 901-1000
- Baylor Scott & White Medical Center -TaylorCritical Access Hospitals 11.3 miles away305 Mallard Taylor Texas 76574Voluntary non-profit - Private(512) 352-7611
- Ascension Seton NorthwestAcute Care Hospitals 12.37 miles away11113 Research Boulevard Austin Texas 78759Voluntary non-profit - Private(512) 324-6000
- Cedar Park Regional Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 14.05 miles away1401 Medical Parkway Cedar Park Texas 78613Proprietary(512) 528-7000
- Nna - Roundrock5.65 miles away1499 E Old Settlers Blvd Suite A Round Rock Texas 78664Dialysis Stations: 20 (512) 671-8012
- Bio-Medical Applications of Texas Inc6.22 miles away2129 W Pecan St Pflugerville Texas 78660Dialysis Stations: 13 (512) 989-9366
- Davita Pflugerville Dialysis6.22 miles away2606 W. Pecan St Bldg 3, Ste 300 Pflugerville Texas 78660Dialysis Stations: 12 (512) 990-7785
- Scott & White Round Rock Dialysis Center6.5 miles away2120 North Mays St Suite 230 Round Rock Texas 78664Dialysis Stations: 18 (512) 238-2900
- Round Rock Dialysis7.06 miles away1800 Round Rock Avenue Round Rock Texas 78681Dialysis Stations: 12 (512) 310-8797
- Satellite Health Care, Inc.7.94 miles away16010 Park Valley Drive Suite 100 Round Rock Texas 78681CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 24 (512) 275-0100
- Taylor Dialysis8.86 miles away3100 W 2nd Street Taylor Texas 76574Dialysis Stations: 12 (512) 352-2549
- Nna - North10.16 miles away12221 Renfert Way Suite 100 Austin Texas 78758CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 29 (512) 873-0346