Faith Memorial Nursing Home is a senior living facility in Pasadena, Texas. This city has 145,975 people. With an overall score of C, this is likely a middle of the road facility. In a city without an elite selection of nursing homes, this facility proved to be better than most of the alternatives in Pasadena. One of the major highlights of this nursing home's report card is its exemplary inspection reports, which is addressed in the next section.
Faith Memorial Nursing Home
- Nursing Home
- Home Health Agency
Updated Jun 1, 2022 by Nick Lata
- Accepts Medicare 1
- Accepts Medicaid 1
- No CCRC
- Has Resident Council
- No Family Council
- For profit - Limited Liability company
- Offers Hospice
- Offers Post-Acute Care
- Offers Inpatient Rehab
- Personal Care
- Medication Management
- Home Making
- Speech Therapy
- Stroke Recovery
- Amputee Recovery
- Wound Care
- Occupational Therapy
- Cardiac Therapy
- Diabetes Management
- Physical Therapy
- Respiratory Therapy
- Nutritional Counseling
- Pain Management
- Orthopedic Rehabilitation
Registered Staff Hours
To go along with its relatively modest overall score, we gave this facility an A for our inspections rating. This is far more impressive than the facility's overall grade. These inspection scores take several factors into consideration, including deficiencies and federal fines. You can learn more about each of these factors by obtaining copies of nursing homes' inspection reports. While this place had some minor dings on its inspection report, it had no severe deficiencies. Severe deficiencies are those found in categories G through L. This tells you the government inspectors did not deem any of the deficiencies on this facility's report to pose an imminent threat to patient health or safety. A few minor deficiencies should not stop you from considering a nursing home.
One of the other reasons we graded this facility so highly is that it received a very impressive nursing grade. In that area, we gave this facility a grade of B-. When calculating our nursing grades, we analyze both nursing hours and the levels of licensure of the nurses. This place averages just 0.3 hours of nursing care per resident daily, which is well below average. Despite having low quantities of nursing care, this place excelled in some of the quality measures we assessed. In fact, it scored well in terms of minimizing its residents' major falls and pressure ulcers. Many consider these areas to be reliable indicators of the quality of nursing care. In many cases, the quality of nursing care is every bit as important as the quantity of hours of care provided.
Does this page answer your questions about Faith Memorial Nursing Home?
Long-term Care Quality
Turning to the area of long-term care, this nursing home received just a D in this area. For prospective residents seeking a permanent residence rather than rehabilitation, long-term care is a very important category. In addition to looking at the quantity of care provided by nurses aids and other staff, we also looked at the percentage of residents vaccinated for pneumonia. This facility gave the vaccine to 99.38461 percent of its residents, which is better than most nursing homes. To our surprise, this facility was able to limit hospitalizations. With only 0 hospitalizations per 1,000 long-term resident days, this facility has less hospitalizations than the average nursing home. Unfortunately, some of its other scores in this category were not as favorable as these.
Short-term Care Quality
This facility's least impressive category was short-term care, which is the final category we looked at. In this area, we awarded this nursing home a D. In computing our short-term care ratings, we look at the facility's levels of highly skilled nursing services, which includes registered nurses, physical therapists speech therapists and other highly trained professionals. This score is typically a meaningful measure of a facility's rehabilitation services. Considering its score in this area, we weren't stunned to discover that this place is well below average in terms of the quantity of physical therapy and registered nurse hours offered to its residents based on the measures we looked at. Honestly, this was what we expected here. The last measure we looked at in this area is the number of patients who were able to leave the facility and return to the community. We discovered that just 4.4 percent of this facility's patients were able to return home, which is well below average. The combination of these subpar statistics was damning for this facility's short-term care score.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
Faith Memorial Nursing Home Quality Metrics
Minimizes Pressure Ulcers
In Faith Memorial Nursing Home, 7.94% of Patients had Pressure Ulcers
This is the percent of residents that suffered from a pressure ulcer. Pressure ulcers are skin damage due to staying in the same position for an excessive period of time.
Minimizes Serious Falls
In Faith Memorial Nursing Home, 3.28% of Patients had Serious Falls
This tells you the percentage of patients who suffered from a major fall. Falls leading to severe injuries are considered to be an indicator of nursing care . Falls are routinely the result of lower quality nursing care.
Minimizes Urinary Tract Infections
In Faith Memorial Nursing Home, 1.64% of Patients had UTIs
This is the percentage of residents that sustained a urinary tract infection. These infections are sometimes associated with poor hygiene.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Psychotic Medication
In Faith Memorial Nursing Home, 11.75% of Patients use Anti-Psychotic Medication
This indicates the percent of patients given antipsychotic medications. Antipsychotic medications are prescribed to residents for many medical conditions, such as cognitive disorders. Sadly, in some situations, high levels of antipsychotic drug use may suggest a nursing home is using these medications to control patient behavior.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Anxiety Medication
In Faith Memorial Nursing Home, 22.77% of Patients use Anti-Anxiety Medication
This indicates the percent of residents prescribed antianxiety drugs. These drugs are typically used to treat patients experiencing anxiety or depression.
Managing Depression Among Residents
In Faith Memorial Nursing Home, 4.66% of Patients
This tells you the percentage of residents demonstrating signs of depression. Higher rates of depression could reveal lower quality care.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In Faith Memorial Nursing Home, 94.73% of Patients
This datapoint measures the percentage of long-term stay patients that were vaccinated against pneumonia and flu.
Residents Maintain Autonomy
In Faith Memorial Nursing Home, 17.29% Percentage of Patients
This metric measures the percentage of long-term stay patients that required additional assistance with activities of daily living over time. ADL's include activities such as moving around and continence.
Ability to Keep Residents Mobile
In Faith Memorial Nursing Home, 18.08% Percentage of Residents
This is a measure of the percent of long-term patients who remained mobile levels.
Short-term Care: Rehospitalizations
In Faith Memorial Nursing Home, 18.08 Percentage of Residents Rehospitalized
This is the number of rehospitalizations per 1,000 days of short-term care. There is typically a correlation between keeping patients out of the hospital and a nursing homes short-term rehabilitation performance.
Short-term Care: ER Visits
In Faith Memorial Nursing Home, 11.87 Percentage of Patients
This is a measure of the number of emergency room visits per 1,000 days of short-term patient care.
Short-term Care: Facilitates Functional Improvement
In Faith Memorial Nursing Home, 66.73% Percentage of Resident
Measures the percentage of short-term care residents that experienced functional improvements.
Scores for Pasadena, TX
- Overall Rating has a grade of D
- Nurse Rating has a grade of D
- Long-term Care Rating has a grade of D
- Short-term Care Rating has a grade of D
- Inspection Rating has a grade of A-minus
Looking for more options? Pasadena, Texas has 6 other nursing homes
- Hca Houston Healthcare SoutheastAcute Care Hospitals 1.67 miles away4000 Spencer Hwy Pasadena Texas 77504Proprietary(713) 359-1000
- Surgery Specialty Hospitals of America Se HoustonAcute Care Hospitals 2.22 miles away4301 B Vista Pasadena Texas 77504Proprietary(713) 378-3000
- St Luke's Patients Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 3.86 miles away4600 East Sam Houston Parkway South Pasadena Texas 77505Physician(281) 487-0700
- Ad Hospital East, LLCAcute Care Hospitals 5.99 miles away12950 East Freeway, Suite 100 Houston Texas 77015Proprietary(713) 330-3897
- Hca Houston Healthcare Clear LakeAcute Care Hospitals 10.75 miles away500 Medical Center Blvd Webster Texas 77598Proprietary(281) 332-2511
- St Joseph Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 10.86 miles away1401 St. Joseph Parkway Houston Texas 77002Proprietary(713) 757-1000
- Houston Physicians' HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 11.15 miles away333 N Texas Avenue Webster Texas 77598Physician(281) 335-1700
- Harris Health SystemAcute Care Hospitals 11.21 miles away2525 Holly Hall Houston Texas 77054Government - Hospital District or Authority(713) 566-6417
- Bio-Medical Applications of Texas, Inc.0.7 miles away1210 Southmore Ave Pasadena Texas 77502Dialysis Stations: 13 (713) 475-6617
- Pine Park Dialysis2.24 miles away3333 Bayshore Blvd Pasadena Texas 77504CMS Rating: 2 stars Dialysis Stations: 24 (713) 943-1463
- Space City Dialysis Pasadena - Dsi, LLC2.45 miles away3402 Burke Road Suite 100 Pasadena Texas 77504Dialysis Stations: 13 (713) 425-0428
- Lifealysis Kidney Care, LLC2.78 miles away4300 Fairmont Pkwy Ste 100 Pasadena Texas 77504Dialysis Stations: 19 (832) 617-8816
- Southeast Kidney Center3.67 miles away8537 Gulf Freeway Bldg A Houston Texas 77017CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 32 (713) 947-9564
- Sng Pasadena Dialysis Center Lp3.7 miles away5040 Crenshaw Road Suite 200 Pasadena Texas 77505Dialysis Stations: 12 (832) 703-0450
- Bayshore Dialysis Center4.01 miles away4901 E Sam Houston Pkwy S Pasadena Texas 77505CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 25 (281) 487-0586
- Lone Star Dialysis4.74 miles away8560 Monroe Houston Texas 77061CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 48 (713) 378-6094