Faith Memorial Nursing Home is a senior living facility in Pasadena, Texas. This city has 145,975 people. With an overall score of C, this is likely a middle of the road facility. This grade is right in line with the city grade in Pasadena, which admittedly is admittedly a little below average nationally. One of the major highlights of this nursing home's profile is its remarkable inspection rating, which is addressed in the next paragraph.
Get our free e-book to learn all about your senior care options.
Faith Memorial Nursing Home
- Nursing Home
- Home Health Agency
Updated Apr 1, 2023 by Nick Reese
Get pricing and details on Pasadena senior living options.Get Pricing
- Accepts Medicare 1
- Accepts Medicaid 1
- No CCRC
- Has Resident Council
- Has Family Council
- For profit - Limited Liability company
- Offers Hospice
- Offers Post-Acute Care
- Offers Inpatient Rehab
- Personal Care
- Medication Management
- Home Making
- Speech Therapy
- Stroke Recovery
- Amputee Recovery
- Wound Care
- Occupational Therapy
- Cardiac Therapy
- Diabetes Management
- Physical Therapy
- Respiratory Therapy
- Nutritional Counseling
- Pain Management
- Orthopedic Rehabilitation
Get our free e-book to learn all about your senior care options.
Registered Staff Hours
We want to point out that this facility outperformed its overall score in the area of inspections. In fact, it received a nearly flawless inspection report this year. As a result, it received one of our highest grades in that category with an A+. Inspection scores weigh several factors, including deficiencies and federal fines. You can learn more about each of these factors by reviewing copies of nursing homes' inspection reports. While this place had some deficiencies on its government inspection report, none of them were serious based on CMS' scale. A couple of minor deficiencies should not stop you from considering a nursing home.
Short-term Care Quality
The next most favorable area we awarded this nursing home in any area came in the category of short-term care, where we awarded it a C. Short-term care ratings are based in part on a facility's quantity of skilled highly skilled professionals. This includes a vast spectrum of services, ranging from registered nurses to physical and respiratory therapists, not to mention other forms of therapy. In this place's case, we were surprised to learn that it actually provides less registered nurse and physical therapist hours per resident than the average facility. The hope is always that this does not adversely affect the quality of care. The final item we looked at in this category is the number of residents who were able to leave the nursing home and return home. We discovered that just 0 percent of this facility's residents were able to return home, which is below average.
Does this page answer your questions about Faith Memorial Nursing Home?
Long-term Care Quality
Sadly, this nursing home's next best score is long-term care. However, with a grade of D in this category, it still performed relatively poorly. For prospective patients seeking a permanent place to live rather than skilled nursing, long-term care is a very important category. After we finished looking at the quantity of nursing care, we next considered the facility's vaccination records. We were pleased to learn that this facility vaccinated 99.710144 percent of its patients for pneumonia. To our surprise, this facility also fared well at keeping its residents out of the hospital. In fact, it had only 0.03 hospitalizations per 1,000 long-term resident days. Sadly, a few of its other scores in the category were not as favorable as these.
The next category we assessed is nursing. Sadly, it received a lowly F in this category, which is a bottom of the barrel score. This is clearly a major concern. Nursing ratings are heavily correlated with nurse staffing levels. With a meager 0.2 hours of nursing care per resident daily, this facility's nurse staffing levels were significantly below the national average. Lastly, we also looked at some nursing quality measures in computing our nursing ratings. This facility fared well in terms of avoiding pressure ulcers and major falls. Many consider these data points to be good indicators of the quality of nursing care.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
Faith Memorial Nursing Home Quality Metrics
Minimizes Pressure Ulcers
In Faith Memorial Nursing Home, 7.17% of Patients had Pressure Ulcers
This tells you the percentage of patients who have had a pressure ulcer. Pressure ulcers, also referred to as bed sores, are routinely caused by patients not being moved frequently enough. Better nursing protocols limits the percentage of residents in a nursing home who sustain pressure ulcers.
Minimizes Serious Falls
In Faith Memorial Nursing Home, 3.38% of Patients had Serious Falls
This measures the percent of long-term residents who had falls which caused serious injury. Falls can arise for a variety of reasons, but high rates of falls resulting in injuries could be an indicator of poor nursing care.
Minimizes Urinary Tract Infections
In Faith Memorial Nursing Home, 1.52% of Patients had UTIs
This figure is a measure of the percent of long-term stay residents which experienced UTI's. While more of these infections could reflect poorly on a facility's hygiene protocols, it can be problematic to compare between nursing homes due to nursing homes having inconsistent reporting standards.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Psychotic Medication
In Faith Memorial Nursing Home, 10.14% of Patients use Anti-Psychotic Medication
This tells you the percentage of residents who were given antipsychotic medications. Antipsychotic medications are administered to patients for a variety of conditions, including dementia. Unfortunately, in some situations, high levels of antipsychotic drug use may indicate that a facility is using these drugs to control patient behavior.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Anxiety Medication
In Faith Memorial Nursing Home, 22.67% of Patients use Anti-Anxiety Medication
This datapoint is a measure of the percent of long-term residents receiving antianxiety drugs.
Managing Depression Among Residents
In Faith Memorial Nursing Home, 4.84% of Patients
This is the percentage of residents who are exhibiting signs of depression.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In Faith Memorial Nursing Home, 93.69% of Patients
This tells you the percent of patients who have received the pneumonia and flu vaccines. High vaccination rates should be standard at this point.
Residents Maintain Autonomy
In Faith Memorial Nursing Home, 17.58% Percentage of Patients
This datapoint measures the percent of long-term stay patients who required increased assistance with activities of daily living over time. Activities of daily living include activities such as moving around and eating.
Ability to Keep Residents Mobile
In Faith Memorial Nursing Home, 13.47% Percentage of Residents
This is the percentage of residents who maintained mobility over time. Preserving mobility is usually a great sign for residents' well-being.
In Faith Memorial Nursing Home, 1.89 Hospitalizations per 1,000 resident days
This tells you the number of hospitalizations per 1,000 days of care. There is typically a correlation between reduced hospitalizations and the quality of long-term care.
Short-term Care: Rehospitalizations
In Faith Memorial Nursing Home, 13.47 Percentage of Residents Rehospitalized
This indicates the number of times residents are rehospitalized per 1,000 days of short-term patient care.
Short-term Care: ER Visits
In Faith Memorial Nursing Home, 11.91 Percentage of Patients
This is a measure of the number of times residents are sent to the emergency room per 1,000 days of short-term patient care. Avoiding emergency medical situations is one way to gauge patient care during rehabilitation.
Short-term Care: Facilitates Functional Improvement
In Faith Memorial Nursing Home, 66.29% Percentage of Resident
This datapoint measures the percentage of short-term stay residents who experienced functional improvements.
- Hca Houston Healthcare SoutheastAcute Care Hospitals 1.67 miles away4000 Spencer Hwy Pasadena Texas 77504Proprietary(713) 359-1000
- Surgery Specialty Hospitals of America Se HoustonAcute Care Hospitals 2.22 miles away4301 B Vista Pasadena Texas 77504Proprietary(713) 378-3000
- St Luke's Patients Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 3.86 miles away4600 East Sam Houston Parkway South Pasadena Texas 77505Physician(281) 487-0700
- Ad Hospital East, LLCAcute Care Hospitals 5.99 miles away12950 East Freeway, Suite 100 Houston Texas 77015Proprietary(713) 330-3897
- Hca Houston Healthcare Clear LakeAcute Care Hospitals 10.75 miles away500 Medical Center Blvd Webster Texas 77598Proprietary(281) 332-2511
- St Joseph Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 10.86 miles away1401 St. Joseph Parkway Houston Texas 77002Proprietary(713) 757-1000
- Houston Physicians' HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 11.15 miles away333 N Texas Avenue Webster Texas 77598Physician(281) 335-1700
- Harris Health SystemAcute Care Hospitals 11.21 miles away2525 Holly Hall Houston Texas 77054Government - Hospital District or Authority(713) 566-6417
- Bio-Medical Applications of Texas, Inc.0.7 miles away1210 Southmore Ave Pasadena Texas 77502Dialysis Stations: 13 (713) 475-6617
- Pine Park Dialysis2.24 miles away3333 Bayshore Blvd Pasadena Texas 77504CMS Rating: 2 stars Dialysis Stations: 24 (713) 943-1463
- Space City Dialysis Pasadena - Dsi, LLC2.45 miles away3402 Burke Road Suite 100 Pasadena Texas 77504Dialysis Stations: 13 (713) 425-0428
- Lifealysis Kidney Care, LLC2.78 miles away4300 Fairmont Pkwy Ste 100 Pasadena Texas 77504Dialysis Stations: 19 (832) 617-8816
- Southeast Kidney Center3.67 miles away8537 Gulf Freeway Bldg A Houston Texas 77017CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 32 (713) 947-9564
- Sng Pasadena Dialysis Center Lp3.7 miles away5040 Crenshaw Road Suite 200 Pasadena Texas 77505Dialysis Stations: 12 (832) 703-0450
- Bayshore Dialysis Center4.01 miles away4901 E Sam Houston Pkwy S Pasadena Texas 77505CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 25 (281) 487-0586
- Lone Star Dialysis4.74 miles away8560 Monroe Houston Texas 77061CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 48 (713) 378-6094