Fairway Oaks Center is an average-sized nursing home located in Tampa, Florida. This is a strong facility with a grade of B+ overall. We were pleased to find out that many of the other nursing homes in Tampa received similar grades. Tampa has a host of nursing homes, however, it is unlikely you will need to look at too many others. This one is a high quality option. This facility's strong report card was highlighted by its inspection score, which is addressed in the next section.
Fairway Oaks Center
- Nursing Home
- Assisted Living
Updated Jun 1, 2022 by Nick Lata
- Accepts Medicare 1
- Accepts Medicaid 1
- No CCRC
- Has Resident Council
- No Family Council
- For profit - Limited Liability company
- Offers Post-Acute Care
- Offers Respite Care
- Offers Inpatient Rehab
- Home Making
- Speech Therapy
- Palliative Care
- Occupational Therapy
- Physical Therapy
- Nutritional Counseling
- Recreational Therapy
Registered Staff Hours
One of the many reasons this turned out to be a quality nursing home is that it received an A+ inspection grade. This is simply as good as it gets in this critical category. Inspection ratings are based on many pieces of information located in the a nursing home's recent inspection reports. Places that score well in this category typically have few deficiencies on their reports. Most importantly, these places generally do not have any severe deficiencies which are associated with risks to patient safety. Although this facility had some deficiencies on its report, none were major deficiencies based on CMS' scale. We should note that deficiency-free inspections are rare in the industry.
One of the other reasons we graded this facility so highly is that it received a very impressive nursing score. This turned out to be its second best category grade. In that area, we gave this nursing home a grade of A-. Our nursing rating analyzes many components, however, the paramount consideration is the quantity of nurse hours per patient per week. This facility provided 0.4 hours of nursing care per resident per day. Finally, we also assessed several nursing quality measures and this facility excelled in some of these areas. With less than five percent of its residents sustaining pressure ulcers, it performed as well as any place the nation in this category. This is generally a good indicator of quality nursing care. Pressure ulcers can frequently be avoided by offering better nursing care, such as employing a policy of turning residents more often.
Does this page answer your questions about Fairway Oaks Center?
Short-term Care Quality
This nursing home's next best category ended up being short-term care. In that category, we gave this facility a B-. In the category of short-term care, we strive to assess measures of a facility's rehabilitation. We look at a nursing home's skilled nursing services, including the ones performed by registered nurses and physical, occupational and other therapists. Fortunately, it appear that this facility employs registered nurses. Not every nursing home employs these types of nurses. On the other hand, according to the information they provided, they do not appear to employ physical therapists. The final datapoint we looked at in this category is the percentage of residents who were able to leave the nursing home and return to the community. We discovered that just 4.4 percent of this facility's residents were able to return home, which is actually below average.
Long-term Care Quality
The last area we graded is long-term care, in which this nursing home was given a C. This actually proved to be this nursing home's weakest area. This is nevertheless not the end of the world. For long-term care residents, the nursing home's primary goal is to maintain residents' quality of life and keep them safe. After considering the amount of care provided by aids and other staff, we then analyzed the nursing home's vaccination data. We were optimistic to find that this facility vaccinated 94.02516 percent of its patients for pneumonia. This place also excelled at keeping its patients out of the hospital. In fact, it had only 0.01 hospitalizations per 1,000 long-term resident days, which is a remarkably low number.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
Fairway Oaks Center Quality Metrics
Minimizes Pressure Ulcers
In Fairway Oaks Center, 9.03% of Patients had Pressure Ulcers
This metric is is a measure of the percent of long-term patients who developed pressure ulcers. We've found that pressure ulcers are a solid barometer of the quality of nursing care a nursing home provides.
Minimizes Serious Falls
In Fairway Oaks Center, 2.8% of Patients had Serious Falls
This indicates the percentage of residents that suffered from a major fall. Falls resulting in severe injuries are considered to be a measure of the quality of nursing care at a nursing home. Falls are routinely caused by poor nursing care.
Minimizes Urinary Tract Infections
In Fairway Oaks Center, 1.82% of Patients had UTIs
This tells you the percent of patients who suffered from a urinary tract infection. These infections may be associated with poorer hygiene.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Psychotic Medication
In Fairway Oaks Center, 10.99% of Patients use Anti-Psychotic Medication
This datapoint gauges the percentage of long-term patients receiving antipsychotic drugs. While antipsychotic drugs serve an important medical purpose, it is important to confirm these drugs are being used only where medically required. In some situations, excessive reliance on these medications may indicate a facility is using these medications to subdue residents.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Anxiety Medication
In Fairway Oaks Center, 21.46% of Patients use Anti-Anxiety Medication
This tells you the percent of residents prescribed antianxiety drugs. These drugs are given to patients suffering from anxiety and depression.
Managing Depression Among Residents
In Fairway Oaks Center, 2.43% of Patients
This indicates the percentage of residents showing symptoms of depression. Higher rates of depression may be a sign a less hospitable environment.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In Fairway Oaks Center, 94.61% of Patients
This indicates the percent of residents that were given the pneumonia and flu vaccines. Higher vaccination rates should be standard at this point.
Residents Maintain Autonomy
In Fairway Oaks Center, 13.17% Percentage of Patients
This tells you the percentage of residents who required increased assistance with activities of daily living over time.
Ability to Keep Residents Mobile
In Fairway Oaks Center, 18.15% Percentage of Residents
This metric measures the percent of long-term residents that maintained mobility. Many in the industry believe that the ability to move around is important for patients physical and mental well-being.
In Fairway Oaks Center, 1.59 Hospitalizations per 1,000 resident days
This datapoint is a measure of the number of hospitalizations per 1,000 days of patient care.
Short-term Care: Rehospitalizations
In Fairway Oaks Center, 18.15 Percentage of Residents Rehospitalized
This is the number of rehospitalizations per thousand days of short-term care. There is usually a correlation between having fewer hospitalizations and a nursing homes short-term rehabilitation performance.
Short-term Care: ER Visits
In Fairway Oaks Center, 9.19 Percentage of Patients
This is a measure of the number of times residents are sent to the emergency room per thousand days of short-term care. Avoiding medical emergencies is one way to assess patient care during rehabilitation.
Short-term Care: Facilitates Functional Improvement
In Fairway Oaks Center, 77.65% Percentage of Resident
This indicates the percent of short-term residents who experienced functional improvements, such as with activities of daily living.
Scores for Tampa, FL
- Overall Rating has a grade of B-plus
- Nurse Rating has a grade of B-plus
- Long-term Care Rating has a grade of B
- Short-term Care Rating has a grade of B
- Inspection Rating has a grade of A
Looking for more options? Tampa, Florida has 17 other nursing homes
- Adventhealth TampaAcute Care Hospitals 0.95 miles away3100 E Fletcher Ave Tampa Florida 33613Voluntary non-profit - Private(813) 615-7200
- Adventhealth CarrollwoodAcute Care Hospitals 7.27 miles away7171 N Dale Mabry Hwy Tampa Florida 33614Voluntary non-profit - Church(813) 932-2222
- Adventhealth Wesley ChapelAcute Care Hospitals 9.07 miles away2600 Bruce B Downs Blvd Wesley Chapel Florida 33544Voluntary non-profit - Private(813) 929-5490
- Tampa General HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 9.92 miles away1 Tampa General Cir Tampa Florida 33606Voluntary non-profit - Private(813) 844-7000
- North Tampa Behavioral HealthPsychiatric 10.4 miles away29910 Sr 56 Wesley Chapel Florida 33543Voluntary non-profit - Private(813) 333-0000
- Memorial Hospital of TampaAcute Care Hospitals 10.7 miles away2901 W Swann Ave Tampa Florida 33609Proprietary(813) 873-6400
- Brandon Regional HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 11.94 miles away119 Oakfield Dr Brandon Florida 33511Proprietary(813) 681-5551
- South Florida Baptist HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 17.02 miles away301 N Alexander St Plant City Florida 33563Voluntary non-profit - Private(813) 757-1200
- Temple Terrace Dialysis1.71 miles away11306 53rd St Tampa Florida 33617CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 24 (813) 989-2062
- Usf Dialysis Center1.8 miles away10770 N 46th Street #a100 Tampa Florida 33617CMS Rating: 1 stars Dialysis Stations: 29 (813) 632-7918
- Renal Care Group - North Tampa2.33 miles away12674 Telecom Drive Tampa Florida 33637Dialysis Stations: 24 (813) 971-7580
- Fmc - Ybor City5.6 miles away2525 E. Hillsborough Ave Suite 209 Tampa Florida 33610CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 17 (813) 231-6859
- Dsi North Tampa Dialysis5.83 miles away3421 North Lakeview Drive Tampa Florida 33618Dialysis Stations: 17 (813) 261-1864
- Carrollwood Dialysis5.95 miles away14358 N Dale Mabry Hwy Tampa Florida 33618CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 16 (813) 960-3751
- Carrollwood Artificial Kidney Center6.95 miles away4553 Gunn Hwy Westwood Plaza Tampa Florida 33624CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 21 (813) 265-9733
- Dsi - Tampa Central7.52 miles away4705 N Armenia Ave Tampa Florida 33603CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 20 (813) 353-8100