With an address in Tampa, Florida, Fairway Oaks Center is one of eight facilities in the area. This nursing home received a strong grade of B+ overall. We found it to be better than the majority of the facilities in Tampa, which has a city grade of B. Based on our assessment, you can do much worse than this facility. If you look further down this page, you can see this nursing home's category ratings, which are also impressive.
Get our free e-book to learn all about your senior care options.
Fairway Oaks Center
- Nursing Home
- Assisted Living
Updated Apr 1, 2023 by Nick Lata
Get pricing and details on Tampa senior living options.Get Pricing
- Accepts Medicare 1
- Accepts Medicaid 1
- No CCRC
- Has Resident Council
- Has Family Council
- For profit - Corporation
- Offers Post-Acute Care
- Offers Respite Care
- Offers Inpatient Rehab
- Home Making
- Speech Therapy
- Palliative Care
- Occupational Therapy
- Physical Therapy
- Nutritional Counseling
- Recreational Therapy
Get our free e-book to learn all about your senior care options.
Registered Staff Hours
In addition to being a first rate facility overall, this nursing home performed well in our inspections category, where it earned an A+. Few places fared this well in this category. Our inspection scores weigh a host of factors included in a facility's inspection report. One key criteria we look at is the number and severity of deficiencies. Places with better grades in this area typically have very few of these severe deficiencies. Although this place had some deficiencies on its government inspection report, none were severe based on CMS' deficiency scale. The fact that none of the deficiencies were severe made us feel better about this inspection report.
Adding to its profile, this facility also earned a grade of B+ for its nursing rating. This is a well above average score in this category. Nursing grades are primarily associated with a facility's nurse staffing. This facility provided 0.4 hours of nursing care per resident per day. Finally, we also looked at several nursing quality-based metrics and this place excelled in some of these areas. With less than five percent of its residents sustaining pressure ulcers, it performed as well as any facility the nation in this category. This is generally a good indicator of quality nursing care. Pressure ulcers can many times be avoided by providing better nursing care, such as by employing a system of turning patients even once per day.
Does this page answer your questions about Fairway Oaks Center?
Short-term Care Quality
This facility also was awarded a favorable short-term care score. In fact, we gave it an above average grade of B in this area. Our short-term care grades are vital for prospective residents looking for rehabilitation. Rehabilitation typically requires more highly-skilled nursing services. This means a vast range of services, ranging from registered nurses to physical and occupational therapists, as well as other forms of therapy. Fortunately, it appear that this facility has registered nurses on staff. Not every facility employs these types of nurses. On the other hand, according to the information this nursing home provided, they do not appear to employ physical therapists. Finally, we considered the number of residents who were able to return to the community from this nursing home. We found that 0 percent of this nursing home's residents returned home.
Long-term Care Quality
Moving on to the last category, this facility was awarded an extremely favorable long-term care grade. This facility didn't turn out to have any weak links. If you are seeking anything other than short-term rehabilitation, you should take a close look at each nursing home's long-term care ratings. On top of considering the amount of care provided by nurses and other staff, we looked at the percentage of residents vaccinated for pneumonia. This nursing home provided the vaccine to 75.20216 percent of its patients, which is slightly less than we anticipated. Clearly, this place is doing something right in this area as it was able to keep its patients out of the hospital. In fact, it had less than one hospitalization per 1,000 long-term resident days, which is a remarkably low number.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
Fairway Oaks Center Quality Metrics
Minimizes Pressure Ulcers
In Fairway Oaks Center, 9.19% of Patients had Pressure Ulcers
This statistic indicates the percentage of long-term care patients who are suffering from pressure ulcers. We've found that pressure ulcers are an indicator of a facility's nursing care quality.
Minimizes Serious Falls
In Fairway Oaks Center, 2.87% of Patients had Serious Falls
This is the percent of residents who have had a major fall. Falls resulting in severe injuries are considered to be a measure of the quality of nursing care . Falls resulting in injury are often the result of lower levels of patient supervision.
Minimizes Urinary Tract Infections
In Fairway Oaks Center, 1.78% of Patients had UTIs
This statistic tells you the percent of long-term residents which had a urinary tract infection. Although a higher rate infections could reflect poorly on a nursing home's hygiene protocols, it is problematic to compare between facilities due to nursing homes having varying reporting standards.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Psychotic Medication
In Fairway Oaks Center, 10.42% of Patients use Anti-Psychotic Medication
This indicates the percentage of long-term care residents who were administered antipsychotic medication. Excessive reliance on these medications may indicate a nursing home is using these medications to control patient behavior in scenarios where such drugs are not medically indicated. Nevertheless, some facilities need to rely more on these drugs due to having more patients with cognitive disorders.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Anxiety Medication
In Fairway Oaks Center, 21.31% of Patients use Anti-Anxiety Medication
This figure is an indication of the percent of long-term patients taking antianxiety medications.
Managing Depression Among Residents
In Fairway Oaks Center, 2.53% of Patients
This indicates the percent of residents demonstrating depressive symptoms. Increased rates of depression may be an indicator lower quality care.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In Fairway Oaks Center, 95.81% of Patients
Measures the percentage of long-term care residents that received the flu and pneumonia vaccines.
Residents Maintain Autonomy
In Fairway Oaks Center, 12.69% Percentage of Patients
This metric is a measure of the percentage of long-term care patients that needed additional assistance with activities of daily living over time. Activities of daily living include activities such as moving around and continence. Some experts argue that this is a reasonable measure of a patient's well-being.
Ability to Keep Residents Mobile
In Fairway Oaks Center, 14.03% Percentage of Residents
This tells you the percent of residents who retained mobility levels over time. Optimizing mobility is often a great sign for residents' well-being.
In Fairway Oaks Center, 2.07 Hospitalizations per 1,000 resident days
This is a measure of the number of times residents are hospitalized per thousand days of patient care. Avoiding the hospital is critical to the physical health of patients.
Short-term Care: Rehospitalizations
In Fairway Oaks Center, 14.03 Percentage of Residents Rehospitalized
This indicates the number of rehospitalizations per thousand days of short-term care.
Short-term Care: ER Visits
In Fairway Oaks Center, 9.64 Percentage of Patients
This datapoint is a measure of the number of emergency room visits per thousand days of short-term patient care. Staying out of the emergency room is one way to measure patient well-being during rehabilitation.
Short-term Care: Facilitates Functional Improvement
In Fairway Oaks Center, 77.72% Percentage of Resident
This indicates the percentage of short-term residents who experienced functional improvements, such as enhanced ability to perform activities of daily living. Higher levels of independence with ADL's typically correlates with better rehabilitation services.
Scores for Tampa, FL
- Overall Rating has a grade of B
- Nurse Rating has a grade of B-plus
- Long-term Care Rating has a grade of B
- Short-term Care Rating has a grade of B
- Inspection Rating has a grade of B-plus
Looking for more options? Tampa, Florida has 7 other nursing homes
- Adventhealth TampaAcute Care Hospitals 0.95 miles away3100 E Fletcher Ave Tampa Florida 33613Voluntary non-profit - Private(813) 615-7200
- Adventhealth CarrollwoodAcute Care Hospitals 7.27 miles away7171 N Dale Mabry Hwy Tampa Florida 33614Voluntary non-profit - Church(813) 932-2222
- Adventhealth Wesley ChapelAcute Care Hospitals 9.07 miles away2600 Bruce B Downs Blvd Wesley Chapel Florida 33544Voluntary non-profit - Private(813) 929-5490
- Tampa General HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 9.92 miles away1 Tampa General Cir Tampa Florida 33606Voluntary non-profit - Private(813) 844-7000
- North Tampa Behavioral HealthPsychiatric 10.4 miles away29910 Sr 56 Wesley Chapel Florida 33543Voluntary non-profit - Private(813) 333-0000
- Memorial Hospital of TampaAcute Care Hospitals 10.7 miles away2901 W Swann Ave Tampa Florida 33609Proprietary(813) 873-6400
- Brandon Regional HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 11.94 miles away119 Oakfield Dr Brandon Florida 33511Proprietary(813) 681-5551
- South Florida Baptist HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 17.02 miles away301 N Alexander St Plant City Florida 33563Voluntary non-profit - Private(813) 757-1200
- Temple Terrace Dialysis1.71 miles away11306 53rd St Tampa Florida 33617CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 24 (813) 989-2062
- Usf Dialysis Center1.8 miles away10770 N 46th Street #a100 Tampa Florida 33617CMS Rating: 1 stars Dialysis Stations: 29 (813) 632-7918
- Renal Care Group - North Tampa2.33 miles away12674 Telecom Drive Tampa Florida 33637Dialysis Stations: 24 (813) 971-7580
- Fmc - Ybor City5.6 miles away2525 E. Hillsborough Ave Suite 209 Tampa Florida 33610CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 17 (813) 231-6859
- Dsi North Tampa Dialysis5.83 miles away3421 North Lakeview Drive Tampa Florida 33618Dialysis Stations: 17 (813) 261-1864
- Carrollwood Dialysis5.95 miles away14358 N Dale Mabry Hwy Tampa Florida 33618CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 16 (813) 960-3751
- Carrollwood Artificial Kidney Center6.95 miles away4553 Gunn Hwy Westwood Plaza Tampa Florida 33624CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 21 (813) 265-9733
- Dsi - Tampa Central7.52 miles away4705 N Armenia Ave Tampa Florida 33603CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 20 (813) 353-8100