Fairview University Trans Serv is located in the large metropolitan area of Minneapolis, Minnesota with a total of 1,022,298 people. Sporting an overall score of A+, this facility is ranked among the best nursing homes we found. Even in a city offering 16 other nursing homes, this nursing home stands out as a first-rate choice. Headlining this place's remarkable profile is its inspection reports, which you can find in the next section.
Get our free e-book to learn all about your senior care options.
Fairview University Trans Serv
- Nursing Home
Updated Apr 1, 2023 by Nick Reese
Get pricing and details on Minneapolis senior living options.Get Pricing
- Accepts Medicare 1
- Accepts Medicaid 1
- No CCRC
- No Resident Council
- No Family Council
- Non profit - Corporation
Get our free e-book to learn all about your senior care options.
Best Nursing Home in Minnesota Awards 2019
Best Nursing Home in Minnesota Awards 2020
Best Nursing Home in Minnesota Awards 2021
Registered Staff Hours
In addition to being a great overall grade, this facility also received A+ health inspections in recent years. Its inspections were virtually flawless. Inspection grades account for a host of factors included in a nursing home's inspection report. One of the most important criteria we look at is the quantity and severity of deficiencies. Facilities with better scores in this area tend to have very few of these severe deficiencies. Unfortunately, we were not able to track down information about this nursing home's deficiencies. Finally, this facility had no substantiated complaints this year from residents, which is an excellent sign.
Short-term Care Quality
This nursing home also was awarded an A+ short-term care grade, rendering it one of the few nursing homes to be awarded more than one A+ category scores. In determining these short-term care ratings, we look at the nursing home's skilled nursing services, including those performed by registered nurses, respiratory therapists, physical therapists and other types of therapists. The objective is to formulate a barometer for sizing up the rehabilitation services of different nursing homes. Fortunately, it looks like this nursing home has registered nurses on staff. Not every facility employs these skilled professionals. However, based on the information they provided, it does not look like the facility employs physical therapists. The final item we assessed in this category is the percentage of residents that eventually returned home from the facility. We found that 7.1 percent of this nursing home's residents returned home as opposed to remaining at the nursing home on a permanent basis.
Does this page answer your questions about Fairview University Trans Serv?
Long-term Care Quality
An additional strength for this facility was long-term care, where it was given an A+ grade. This is just about as dominant as it gets in this category. Facilities that receive this kind of grade in long-term care typically provide consistent 24/7 care to ensure residents are well cared for. One of the datapoints we considered on top of nursing hours was vaccines. This facility provided the pneumonia vaccination to 100 percent of its patients. This is a proven method to minimize negative health outcomes for the elderly population. Finally, this facility was able to limit hospitalizations. It had less than one hospitalization per one thousand long-term resident days, which is an impressively low figure.
In the last area we rated, this nursing home received high scores in the category of nursing also. Consequently, it received an A+. This rendered it one of just a few of facilities to receive A+'s in all four categories. Our nursing grade is mostly tied to the facility's nurse staffing. This nursing home provides 0.9 hours of nursing care per resident per day. Finally, our nursing grades also factor in quality-based assessments, such as avoiding major falls. This place performed well in this area. Avoiding major falls is typically a good indicator that a facility has reliable quality controls in place. Major falls can often be avoided if more nurses aids and better safety protocols are in place.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
Fairview University Trans Serv Quality Metrics
Minimizes Serious Falls
In Fairview University Trans Serv, 0% of Patients had Serious Falls
This figure indicates the percentage of long-term care patients who have suffered falls which caused serious injury. This is one of the statistics we use in computing our nursing ratings.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Psychotic Medication
In Fairview University Trans Serv, 25% of Patients use Anti-Psychotic Medication
This statistic tells you the percent of long-term residents receiving antipsychotic medications. While antipsychotic medications serve an important medical purpose, it is important to make sure these medications are being used only where medically required. In limited cases, high levels of antipsychotic drug use may mean that a facility is using these medications to subdue residents.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Anxiety Medication
In Fairview University Trans Serv, 15% of Patients use Anti-Anxiety Medication
This is the percent of patients who were given antianxiety drugs. Antianxiety drugs are prescribed to patients experiencing anxiety or depression.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In Fairview University Trans Serv, 50% of Patients
This datapoint is a measure of the percent of long-term stay patients who received the flu and pneumonia vaccines.
Short-term Care: ER Visits
In Fairview University Trans Serv, 2.08% of Patients
This tells you the number of emergency room visits per thousand days of short-term care.
Short-term Care: Facilitates Functional Improvement
In Fairview University Trans Serv, 73.56% of Resident
This datapoint is a measure of the percentage of short-term residents that experienced functional improvements.
Scores for Minneapolis, MN
- Overall Rating has a grade of B-plus
- Nurse Rating has a grade of A-minus
- Long-term Care Rating has a grade of B
- Short-term Care Rating has a grade of A-minus
- Inspection Rating has a grade of B-plus
Looking for more options? Minneapolis, Minnesota has 15 other nursing homes
- University of Minnesota Medical Center, FairviewAcute Care Hospitals 0 miles away2450 Riverside Avenue Minneapolis Minnesota 55454Voluntary non-profit - Private(612) 273-3000
- Hennepin County Medical Center 1Acute Care Hospitals 1.28 miles away701 Park Avenue Minneapolis Minnesota 55415Government - Local(612) 873-3629
- Children's Hospitals & Clinics of MnChildrens 1.38 miles away2525 Chicago Avenue South Minneapolis Minnesota 55404Voluntary non-profit - Private(612) 813-6112
- Abbott Northwestern HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 1.54 miles away800 East 28th Street Minneapolis Minnesota 55407Voluntary non-profit - Private(612) 863-4457
- North Memorial HealthAcute Care Hospitals 5.23 miles away3300 Oakdale North Minneapolis Minnesota 55422Voluntary non-profit - Private(763) 520-5200
- United HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 6.56 miles away333 North Smith Avenue Saint Paul Minnesota 55102Voluntary non-profit - Private(651) 241-8810
- Park Nicollet Methodist HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 6.65 miles away6500 Excelsior Blvd Minneapolis Minnesota 55426Voluntary non-profit - Private(952) 993-5000
- Regions HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 6.97 miles away640 Jackson Street Saint Paul Minnesota 55101Voluntary non-profit - Private(651) 254-1616
- U of Mn Med Ctr, Fairview - Dialysis0.07 miles away2450 Riverside Ave Kidney Center South Bldg Minneapolis Minnesota 55454Dialysis Stations: 11 (612) 365-3756
- Home Dialysis of Davita - Pd Unit1.21 miles away825 S 8th St Suite 1202, Pd Unit Minneapolis Minnesota 55404Dialysis Stations: 6 (612) 347-4458
- Minneapolis Dialysis of Davita1.22 miles away825 S 8th St, sl42 Minneapolis Minnesota 55404CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 26 (612) 347-5972
- Bio-Medical Applications of Minnesota, Inc.1.54 miles away2637 Park Ave S Minneapolis Minnesota 55407Dialysis Stations: 14 (612) 872-1946
- Riverside Dialysis of Davita1.6 miles away1045 Westgate Drive Suite 90 Saint Paul Minnesota 55114Dialysis Stations: 20 (651) 645-1847
- Minneapolis Ne Dialysis of Davita1.64 miles away1049 10th Ave Se Minneapolis Minnesota 55414Dialysis Stations: 12 (612) 331-6088
- Davita - Uptown3.15 miles away3601 Lyndale Avenue South Minneapolis Minnesota 55409Dialysis Stations: 12 (612) 825-4583
- Fresenius Medical Care - Midway St Paul3.34 miles away1690 University Ave W Suite B - 100 Saint Paul Minnesota 55104Dialysis Stations: 22 (651) 917-0081