Fairview University Trans Serv is located in the large metropolitan area of Minneapolis, Minnesota with a total of 1,022,298 people. Sporting an overall score of A+, this facility is ranked among the best nursing homes we found. Even in a city offering 52 other nursing homes, this nursing home stands out as a first-rate choice. Headlining this place's remarkable profile is its inspection reports, which you can find in the next section.
Fairview University Trans Serv
- Nursing Home
Updated Sep 1, 2022 by Nick Lata
Best Nursing Home in Minnesota Awards 2019
Best Nursing Home in Minnesota Awards 2020
Best Nursing Home in Minnesota Awards 2021
Registered Staff Hours
In addition to being a great overall grade, this facility also received A+ health inspections in recent years. Its inspections were virtually flawless. Inspection grades account for a host of factors included in a nursing home's inspection report. One of the most important criteria we look at is the quantity and severity of deficiencies. Facilities with better scores in this area tend to have very few of these severe deficiencies. Unfortunately, we were not able to track down information about this nursing home's deficiencies. Finally, this facility had no substantiated complaints this year from residents, which is an excellent sign.
Short-term Care Quality
This nursing home also was awarded an A+ short-term care grade, rendering it one of the few nursing homes to be awarded more than one A+ category scores. In determining these short-term care ratings, we look at the nursing home's skilled nursing services, including those performed by registered nurses, respiratory therapists, physical therapists and other types of therapists. The objective is to formulate a barometer for sizing up the rehabilitation services of different nursing homes. We were pleased to find that this nursing home employs both registered nurses and physical therapists. The same can't be said for all nursing homes. The last datapoint we considered in this category is the percentage of residents who ultimately were able to return home from the nursing home. We found that 7.1 percent of this nursing home's patients returned home as opposed to remaining at the facility on a permanent basis.
Does this page answer your questions about Fairview University Trans Serv?
Long-term Care Quality
We also want to point out the fact that this facility received a superb grade of A in our long-term care area. For patients in need of a permanent residence as opposed to rehabilitation, long-term care is an important category. In addition to assessing the quantity of care provided by nurses and other staff, we looked at the number of residents vaccinated for pneumonia. We were not able to track down this place's vaccination data. Clearly, this nursing home is doing something right in this area as it also excelled at keeping its patients out of the hospital. It had less than one hospitalization per 1,000 long-term resident days, which is a remarkably low number.
In our last area, this facility also was given an impressive nursing score, with an A. This rounded out a very favorable profile. Our nursing grade is primarily associated with a facility's nurse staffing. This particular nursing home provided 0.8 hours of nursing care per resident per day. Finally, we also assessed some nursing quality measures in determining our nursing grades. This facility performed very well in terms of minimizing its residents' pressure ulcers and major falls. We consider these areas to be good indicators of the quality of nursing care.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
Fairview University Trans Serv Quality Metrics
Short-term Care: ER Visits
In Fairview University Trans Serv, 12.51 Percentage of Patients
This metric measures the number of emergency room visits per 1,000 days of short-term patient care. Staying out of the emergency room is one way to assess patient well-being during rehabilitation.
Short-term Care: Facilitates Functional Improvement
In Fairview University Trans Serv, 76.76% Percentage of Resident
This metric is a measure of the percentage of short-term residents who saw functional improvements, such as with activities of daily living. Some believe this is a reasonable measure of a nursing home's rehabilitation services.
Scores for Minneapolis, MN
- Overall Rating has a grade of B-plus
- Nurse Rating has a grade of A-minus
- Long-term Care Rating has a grade of B
- Short-term Care Rating has a grade of B-plus
- Inspection Rating has a grade of A-minus
Looking for more options? Minneapolis, Minnesota has 51 other nursing homes
- University of Minnesota Medical Center, FairviewAcute Care Hospitals 0 miles away2450 Riverside Avenue Minneapolis Minnesota 55454Voluntary non-profit - Private(612) 273-3000
- Hennepin County Medical Center 1Acute Care Hospitals 1.28 miles away701 Park Avenue Minneapolis Minnesota 55415Government - Local(612) 873-3629
- Children's Hospitals & Clinics of MnChildrens 1.38 miles away2525 Chicago Avenue South Minneapolis Minnesota 55404Voluntary non-profit - Private(612) 813-6112
- Abbott Northwestern HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 1.54 miles away800 East 28th Street Minneapolis Minnesota 55407Voluntary non-profit - Private(612) 863-4457
- North Memorial HealthAcute Care Hospitals 5.23 miles away3300 Oakdale North Minneapolis Minnesota 55422Voluntary non-profit - Private(763) 520-5200
- United HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 6.56 miles away333 North Smith Avenue Saint Paul Minnesota 55102Voluntary non-profit - Private(651) 241-8810
- Park Nicollet Methodist HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 6.65 miles away6500 Excelsior Blvd Minneapolis Minnesota 55426Voluntary non-profit - Private(952) 993-5000
- Regions HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 6.97 miles away640 Jackson Street Saint Paul Minnesota 55101Voluntary non-profit - Private(651) 254-1616
- U of Mn Med Ctr, Fairview - Dialysis0.07 miles away2450 Riverside Ave Kidney Center South Bldg Minneapolis Minnesota 55454Dialysis Stations: 11 (612) 365-3756
- Home Dialysis of Davita - Pd Unit1.21 miles away825 S 8th St Suite 1202, Pd Unit Minneapolis Minnesota 55404Dialysis Stations: 6 (612) 347-4458
- Minneapolis Dialysis of Davita1.22 miles away825 S 8th St, sl42 Minneapolis Minnesota 55404CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 26 (612) 347-5972
- Bio-Medical Applications of Minnesota, Inc.1.54 miles away2637 Park Ave S Minneapolis Minnesota 55407Dialysis Stations: 14 (612) 872-1946
- Riverside Dialysis of Davita1.6 miles away1045 Westgate Drive Suite 90 Saint Paul Minnesota 55114Dialysis Stations: 20 (651) 645-1847
- Minneapolis Ne Dialysis of Davita1.64 miles away1049 10th Ave Se Minneapolis Minnesota 55414Dialysis Stations: 12 (612) 331-6088
- Davita - Uptown3.15 miles away3601 Lyndale Avenue South Minneapolis Minnesota 55409Dialysis Stations: 12 (612) 825-4583
- Fresenius Medical Care - Midway St Paul3.34 miles away1690 University Ave W Suite B - 100 Saint Paul Minnesota 55104Dialysis Stations: 22 (651) 917-0081