White Oak Rehabilitation and Nursing Center at Divine is a small facility in Toledo, Ohio. Our scoring scheme was not kind to this nursing home, as we gave it an overall rating of F. If you aren't happy with this facility's overall grade, you should be able to find a better option in Toledo. The city has at least 10 other nursing homes. More information on this nursing home's category grades may be found below. Its best category is inspections, which is addressed in the next section.
White Oak Rehabilitation and Nursing Center at Divine
- Nursing Home
Updated Jun 1, 2022 by Nick Reese
- Accepts Medicare 1
- Accepts Medicaid 1
- No CCRC
- Has Resident Council
- No Family Council
- For profit - Corporation
- Offers Hospice
- Offers Post-Acute Care
- Offers Respite Care
- Offers Inpatient Rehab
- Offers Outpatient Rehab
- Speech Therapy
- Stroke Recovery
- Occupational Therapy
- Cardiac Therapy
- Tracheotomy Care
- Physical Therapy
- Respiratory Therapy
- Nutritional Counseling
- Recreational Therapy
- Bariatric Care
- Orthopedic Rehabilitation
- Lymphedema Care
Registered Staff Hours
Although we gave this facility a terrible overall grade, we awarded it a B- for our inspections rating. In fact, the facility received very impressive inspection report this year. Our inspection grades account for a host of factors included in a facility's inspection reports. One of the most important criteria we weigh heavily is the quantity and severity of deficiencies. Fortunately, although this facility had some minor dings on its inspection report, it had no severe deficiencies. Severe deficiencies are found in categories G, H, I, J, K and L. This means that CMS didn't consider any of the deficiencies on this facility's report to pose an imminent threat to patient safety or health. A few minor deficiencies aren't the end of the world.
Short-term Care Quality
This facility also didn't fare terribly in the category of short-term care. In fact, we gave it a C in that area, which is among its more respectable grades. In forming our short-term care grades, we analyze the facility's skilled nursing services, including those performed by registered nurses, speech therapists, physical therapists and other types of therapists. The purpose is to devise a scale for sizing up the rehabilitation services of different facilities. We were surprised to find that this nursing home was below average in the two key staffing areas we assessed. The facility offered fewer physical therapist and registered nurse hours per resident than most other facilities. It is still important to determine whether this also correlates to a lower quality of care. The last metric we considered in this category is the percentage of patients who were able to leave the facility and return to the community. We discovered that just 5.5 percent of this facility's patients were able to return home, which is actually below average.
Does this page answer your questions about White Oak Rehabilitation and Nursing Center at Divine?
Remarkably, we awarded this nursing home a grade of C for our nursing rating, which isn't a bad grade. Our nursing score assesses the facility's nurse staffing levels. We look at both the levels of licensure of the nurses and the quantity of hours spent with patients. This place provides 0.3 hours of nursing care per resident on a daily basis. This is a much lower figure than we were hoping for. Despite having low quantities of nursing care, this nursing home fared better in some of the quality-based metrics we looked at. It performed well when it comes to avoiding pressure ulcers and major falls. We consider these areas to be good indicators of the quality of nursing care. In many cases, the quality of nursing care is every bit as important as the quantity of hours of care offered.
Long-term Care Quality
The next category we looked at is long-term care. We gave it an F in this area, which is a poor score. When nursing homes receive a score in this range in long-term care it generally means the facility did not perform well in our quality measures relating to patient care. Once we looked at the amount of care provided by aids and other staff, we then analyzed the nursing home's vaccination record. We were concerned by the fact that this facility vaccinated just 87.081345 percent of its residents for pneumonia. To our surprise, this place was actually decent at keeping its patients out of the hospital. Indeed, it had only 0 hospitalizations per one thousand long-term resident days. This is its best score in this category.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
White Oak Rehabilitation and Nursing Center at Divine Quality Metrics
Minimizes Pressure Ulcers
In White Oak Rehabilitation and Nursing Center at Divine, 7.79% of Patients had Pressure Ulcers
This tells you the percent of residents that suffered from a pressure ulcer. Pressure ulcers, also known as bed sores, are often the result of patients not being moved frequently enough. Better nursing protocols can limit the number of pressure ulcers sustained by residents in a nursing home.
Minimizes Serious Falls
In White Oak Rehabilitation and Nursing Center at Divine, 3.69% of Patients had Serious Falls
This tells you the percentage of residents that have had a fall which caused serious injury.
Minimizes Urinary Tract Infections
In White Oak Rehabilitation and Nursing Center at Divine, 1.8% of Patients had UTIs
This tells you the percentage of patients that suffered from a urinary tract infection. UTI's are often caused by nursing homes with worse hygiene protocols. More frequent bathing can reduce the number of UTI's sustained by residents in a nursing home. Keep in mind that this metric is sometimes skewed by the fact that facilities have different reporting standards for UTI's.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Psychotic Medication
In White Oak Rehabilitation and Nursing Center at Divine, 13.22% of Patients use Anti-Psychotic Medication
This tells you the percent of patients prescribed antipsychotic drugs. Antipsychotic medications are prescribed to patients for many conditions, including dementia. Tragically, in some cases, increased usage of these drugs may indicate a facility is using these drugs to control patient behavior.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Anxiety Medication
In White Oak Rehabilitation and Nursing Center at Divine, 22.35% of Patients use Anti-Anxiety Medication
This tells you the percent of patients who were prescribed antianxiety drugs. Antianxiety drugs are prescribed to patients experiencing depression or anxiety.
Managing Depression Among Residents
In White Oak Rehabilitation and Nursing Center at Divine, 20% of Patients
This metric measures the percent of long-term care patients demonstrating symptoms of depression.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In White Oak Rehabilitation and Nursing Center at Divine, 90.19% of Patients
This datapoint measures the percentage of long-term stay residents who received the flu and pneumonia vaccines.
Residents Maintain Autonomy
In White Oak Rehabilitation and Nursing Center at Divine, 15.17% Percentage of Patients
This tells you the percentage of residents who needed increased assistance with activities of daily living over time.
Ability to Keep Residents Mobile
In White Oak Rehabilitation and Nursing Center at Divine, 18.5% Percentage of Residents
This is the percentage of residents who retained mobility levels over time. Retaining mobility is usually a good sign for residents' well-being.
Short-term Care: Rehospitalizations
In White Oak Rehabilitation and Nursing Center at Divine, 18.5 Percentage of Residents Rehospitalized
This tells you the number of times residents are rehospitalized per thousand days of short-term care. There is typically a correlation between reduced hospitalizations and a nursing home's quality of short-term rehabilitation.
Short-term Care: Facilitates Functional Improvement
In White Oak Rehabilitation and Nursing Center at Divine, 74.54% Percentage of Resident
This is the percentage of short-term stay residents that saw functional improvements, such as with activities of daily living.
Scores for Toledo, OH
- Overall Rating has a grade of C
- Nurse Rating has a grade of B-minus
- Long-term Care Rating has a grade of D
- Short-term Care Rating has a grade of B-minus
- Inspection Rating has a grade of B
Looking for more options? Toledo, Ohio has 15 other nursing homes
- University of Toledo Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 1.73 miles away3000 Arlington Avenue Toledo Ohio 43699Government - State(419) 383-4848
- Northwest Ohio Psychiatric HospitalPsychiatric 2.57 miles away930 South Detroit Avenue Toledo Ohio 43614Government - State(419) 381-1881
- Toledo Hospital TheAcute Care Hospitals 3.85 miles away2142 North Cove Boulevard Toledo Ohio 43606Voluntary non-profit - Private(419) 291-7463
- Mercy St Anne HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 4.37 miles away3404 Sylvania Avenue Toledo Ohio 43623Voluntary non-profit - Church(419) 407-2663
- St Luke's HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 5.34 miles away5901 Monclova Road Maumee Ohio 43537Voluntary non-profit - Other(419) 893-5900
- Mercy Health St Vincent Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 5.99 miles away2213 Cherry Street Toledo Ohio 43608Voluntary non-profit - Church(419) 251-3232
- Bay Park Community HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 8.66 miles away2801 Bay Park Drive Oregon Ohio 43616Voluntary non-profit - Other(419) 690-7700
- Wood County HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 17.87 miles away950 West Wooster Street Bowling Green Ohio 43402Voluntary non-profit - Private(419) 354-8900
- Davita - Swan Creek Dialysis1.38 miles away5201 Airport Highway Toledo Ohio 43615Dialysis Stations: 20 (419) 214-0540
- Davita - Southland Dialysis1.76 miles away3401 Glendale Toledo Ohio 43614CMS Rating: 2 stars Dialysis Stations: 28 (419) 389-9681
- University of Toledo Medical Center1.79 miles away3000 Arlington Ave., Rm 0239 Toledo Ohio 43614Dialysis Stations: 6 (419) 383-4985
- Dialysis Center of Northwest Ohio, Ltd.2.51 miles away2249 North Reynolds Road Toledo Ohio 43615CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 15 (419) 535-7415
- Fmc- Arrowhead Dialysis Center3.55 miles away322 W Dussel Drive Maumee Ohio 43537Dialysis Stations: 24 (419) 891-2200
- Fmc - Toledo Central Dialysis3.56 miles away3100 West Central Avenue, Suite 100 Toledo Ohio 43606CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 24 (419) 539-4000
- Usrc Maumee, LLC3.83 miles away1787 Indian Wood Circle, Suite B Maumee Ohio 43537Dialysis Stations: 13 (419) 887-0729
- The Toledo Hospital Dialysis3.97 miles away2142 North Cove Blvd Toledo Ohio 43606Dialysis Stations: 5 (419) 291-8670