White Oak Rehabilitation and Nursing Center at Divine is a small facility in Toledo, Ohio. Our scoring scheme was not kind to this nursing home, as we gave it an overall rating of F. If you aren't happy with this facility's overall grade, you should be able to find a better option in Toledo. The city has at least 10 other nursing homes. Surprisingly, we were able to give this nursing home some positive feedback for our inspections category, which you can read more about below.
White Oak Rehabilitation and Nursing Center at Divine
- Nursing Home
Updated Sep 1, 2022 by Nick Lata
4420 South Avenue,
Toledo OH 43615
92.13% estimated occupancy 1
- Accepts Medicare 1
- Accepts Medicaid 1
- No CCRC
- Has Resident Council
- No Family Council
- For profit - Partnership
- Offers Hospice
- Offers Post-Acute Care
- Offers Respite Care
- Offers Inpatient Rehab
- Offers Outpatient Rehab
- Speech Therapy
- Stroke Recovery
- Occupational Therapy
- Cardiac Therapy
- Tracheotomy Care
- Physical Therapy
- Respiratory Therapy
- Nutritional Counseling
- Recreational Therapy
- Bariatric Care
- Orthopedic Rehabilitation
- Lymphedema Care
Registered Staff Hours
While we graded this place incredibly poorly overall, it received a relatively impressive government inspection report this year. As a result, it received one of our more favorable scores in that category with a B. Perhaps the most significant factor we consider in computing our inspection grades is deficiencies. Deficiencies can be found on a facility's recent inspection reports. It is typically in your best interest to avoid nursing homes that had too many deficiencies. This facility received 5 deficiencies on its inspection report, but fortunately none were considered to be major deficiencies. This tells you that the inspectors didn't deem any of these deficiencies to be an immediate risk to resident health or safety. A few minor deficiencies aren't the end of the world.
Among this nursing home's several poor grades was its F in the area of nursing care. Nursing grades are largely associated with a nursing home's nurse staffing. This facility averaged only 0.3 hours of nursing care per patient daily. Lastly, we also assessed some nursing quality measures in calculating our nursing ratings. This facility performed well in the area of minimizing its residents' major falls and pressure ulcers. We consider these areas to be indicators of the quality of nursing care.
Does this page answer your questions about White Oak Rehabilitation and Nursing Center at Divine?
Short-term Care Quality
In our next category, we gave this nursing home a rock-bottom F in the area of short-term care. Short-term care grades are important for people seeking rehabilitation. Rehabilitation usually mandates additional highly-skilled nursing services. Skilled nursing means a vast range of services, ranging from registered nurses to physical and speech therapists, as well as other types of therapy. With a score of this caliber in this area, we were not shocked to learn this place was well below average in the two key staffing areas we focus on. It supplied significantly fewer registered nurse and physical therapist hours per patient than most facilities. Lastly, we considered the percentage of residents who were able to return to the community from this facility. We found that just 0 percent of this nursing home's residents returned home.
Long-term Care Quality
The next area we rated was long-term care. Unfortunately, we gave it an F for this area, which is a rock bottom score. When facilities receive a grade in this range in this category it generally means the facility did not perform well in our quality measures relating to resident care. One of the statistics we considered on top of nurse's aid hours was vaccinations. Candidly, we were a bit bothered by the fact that this nursing home provided the pneumonia vaccination to a relatively low 85.30806 percent of its residents. To our surprise, this facility was actually decent at keeping its residents out of the hospital. Indeed, it had just 0 hospitalizations per one thousand long-term resident days. This was its best feature in this category.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
White Oak Rehabilitation and Nursing Center at Divine Quality Metrics
Minimizes Pressure Ulcers
In White Oak Rehabilitation and Nursing Center at Divine, 7.61% of Patients had Pressure Ulcers
This indicates the percentage of patients who sustained a pressure ulcer. Pressure ulcers are considered by many in the nursing home industry to be an indicator of nursing care . Pressure ulcers, also called bed sores, are routinely the result of patients not being moved frequently enough.
Minimizes Serious Falls
In White Oak Rehabilitation and Nursing Center at Divine, 3.74% of Patients had Serious Falls
This indicates the percentage of residents that suffered from a major fall. Falls resulting in major injury are considered to be a barometer of nursing care at a nursing home. Major falls resulting in injury are often caused by lower levels of patient supervision.
Minimizes Urinary Tract Infections
In White Oak Rehabilitation and Nursing Center at Divine, 1.71% of Patients had UTIs
This is the percentage of patients who suffered from a urinary tract infection. These infections could be linked to poorer hygiene.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Psychotic Medication
In White Oak Rehabilitation and Nursing Center at Divine, 13.23% of Patients use Anti-Psychotic Medication
This measures the percent of long-term stay patients receiving antipsychotic medications. While antipsychotic drugs serve an important medical purpose, it is important to ensure these drugs are being used only where medically required. In limited cases, high levels of antipsychotic drug use may suggest that a nursing home is using these medications to subdue residents.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Anxiety Medication
In White Oak Rehabilitation and Nursing Center at Divine, 22.46% of Patients use Anti-Anxiety Medication
This datapoint measures the percentage of long-term stay residents which are administered antianxiety drugs. These drugs are generally prescribed to residents suffering from depression and anxiety.
Managing Depression Among Residents
In White Oak Rehabilitation and Nursing Center at Divine, 20.26% of Patients
This tells you the percentage of residents who are showing depressive symptoms.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In White Oak Rehabilitation and Nursing Center at Divine, 90.12% of Patients
This is the percentage of residents who were given the pneumonia and flu vaccines. Higher vaccination rates should be standard at this point.
Residents Maintain Autonomy
In White Oak Rehabilitation and Nursing Center at Divine, 14.88% Percentage of Patients
This indicates the percent of residents who needed additional assistance with activities of daily living over time.
Ability to Keep Residents Mobile
In White Oak Rehabilitation and Nursing Center at Divine, 16.29% Percentage of Residents
This indicates the percentage of residents who maintained mobility over time. Optimizing mobility can be a good sign for residents' well-being.
Short-term Care: Rehospitalizations
In White Oak Rehabilitation and Nursing Center at Divine, 16.29 Percentage of Residents Rehospitalized
This is the number of rehospitalizations per 1,000 days of short-term patient care.
Short-term Care: ER Visits
In White Oak Rehabilitation and Nursing Center at Divine, 12 Percentage of Patients
This tells you the number of emergency room visits per thousand days of short-term patient care. There is usually a correlation between reduced emergency room visits and the overall quality of short-term care.
Short-term Care: Facilitates Functional Improvement
In White Oak Rehabilitation and Nursing Center at Divine, 75.25% Percentage of Resident
This metric is a measure of the percentage of short-term care patients that experienced functional improvements, such as enhanced ability to perform activities of daily living. Many in the industry argue that this is a measure of rehabilitation services.
Scores for Toledo, OH
- Overall Rating has a grade of C
- Nurse Rating has a grade of C
- Long-term Care Rating has a grade of D
- Short-term Care Rating has a grade of C
- Inspection Rating has a grade of B-plus
Looking for more options? Toledo, Ohio has 15 other nursing homes
- University of Toledo Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 1.73 miles away3000 Arlington Avenue Toledo Ohio 43699Government - State(419) 383-4848
- Northwest Ohio Psychiatric HospitalPsychiatric 2.57 miles away930 South Detroit Avenue Toledo Ohio 43614Government - State(419) 381-1881
- Toledo Hospital TheAcute Care Hospitals 3.85 miles away2142 North Cove Boulevard Toledo Ohio 43606Voluntary non-profit - Private(419) 291-7463
- Mercy St Anne HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 4.37 miles away3404 Sylvania Avenue Toledo Ohio 43623Voluntary non-profit - Church(419) 407-2663
- St Luke's HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 5.34 miles away5901 Monclova Road Maumee Ohio 43537Voluntary non-profit - Other(419) 893-5900
- Mercy Health St Vincent Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 5.99 miles away2213 Cherry Street Toledo Ohio 43608Voluntary non-profit - Church(419) 251-3232
- Bay Park Community HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 8.66 miles away2801 Bay Park Drive Oregon Ohio 43616Voluntary non-profit - Other(419) 690-7700
- Wood County HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 17.87 miles away950 West Wooster Street Bowling Green Ohio 43402Voluntary non-profit - Private(419) 354-8900
- Davita - Swan Creek Dialysis1.38 miles away5201 Airport Highway Toledo Ohio 43615Dialysis Stations: 20 (419) 214-0540
- Davita - Southland Dialysis1.76 miles away3401 Glendale Toledo Ohio 43614CMS Rating: 2 stars Dialysis Stations: 28 (419) 389-9681
- University of Toledo Medical Center1.79 miles away3000 Arlington Ave., Rm 0239 Toledo Ohio 43614Dialysis Stations: 6 (419) 383-4985
- Dialysis Center of Northwest Ohio, Ltd.2.51 miles away2249 North Reynolds Road Toledo Ohio 43615CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 15 (419) 535-7415
- Fmc- Arrowhead Dialysis Center3.55 miles away322 W Dussel Drive Maumee Ohio 43537Dialysis Stations: 24 (419) 891-2200
- Fmc - Toledo Central Dialysis3.56 miles away3100 West Central Avenue, Suite 100 Toledo Ohio 43606CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 24 (419) 539-4000
- Usrc Maumee, LLC3.83 miles away1787 Indian Wood Circle, Suite B Maumee Ohio 43537Dialysis Stations: 13 (419) 887-0729
- The Toledo Hospital Dialysis3.97 miles away2142 North Cove Blvd Toledo Ohio 43606Dialysis Stations: 5 (419) 291-8670