With over 20 options in Chicago, Illinois, Fairmont Care Centre is one of many possibilities. This is a well below average nursing home, with an overall grade of D. This is not the worse place we found, but we would still be very reluctant to recommend it. Despite all this, one of the few highlights of this facility's report card is its impressive nursing grade. You can scroll down to learn more about nursing and other category grades
Fairmont Care Centre
- Nursing Home
Updated Jun 1, 2022 by Nick Lata
- Accepts Medicare 1
- Accepts Medicaid 1
- No CCRC
- Has Resident Council
- No Family Council
- For profit - Partnership
- Offers Post-Acute Care
- Offers Inpatient Rehab
- Personal Care
- Home Making
- Speech Therapy
- Stroke Recovery
- Palliative Care
- Wound Care
- Occupational Therapy
- Cardiac Therapy
- Diabetes Management
- Physical Therapy
- Respiratory Therapy
- Nutritional Counseling
- Recreational Therapy
- Pain Management
- Orthopedic Rehabilitation
Registered Staff Hours
While we were not high on this facility overall, we awarded it a B in nursing. The nursing rating is based on several subcategories, most of which are associated with quantities of nurse staffing. This nursing home provides 0.3 hours of nursing care per resident per day. Finally, our nursing grades also factor in quality-based assessments, such as avoiding major falls. This facility performed well in this area. Avoiding major falls is typically a good indicator that a nursing home has reliable quality controls in place. Major falls can typically be avoided if more nurses aids and better safety protocols are in place.
Short-term Care Quality
This nursing home's second best area was short-term care. We gave it a B- in this area. This is basically a slightly below average score in this category. In the category of short-term care, we strive to evaluate measures of a nursing home's rehabilitation. We assess the nursing home's skilled nursing services, including those performed by registered nurses and physical, occupational and other therapists. In this nursing home's case, we were surprised to learn that it actually provides less physical therapist and registered nurse hours per resident than the average facility. The last measure we looked at in this area is the percentage of patients that eventually returned home from the nursing home. We found that just 5.3 percent of this nursing home's patients returned home. This figure was below average.
Does this page answer your questions about Fairmont Care Centre?
We also awarded this nursing home a grade of B- for our inspections rating. This score is a more impressive than the facility's overall grade. We take several aspects of a facility's inspection report into consideration in computing our inspection scores. One critical factor is deficiencies. It should be noted that the severity of deficiencies is arguably more important than the quantity of deficiencies, as some end up being quite minor. Although this nursing home had some deficiencies on its government inspection report, none were severe based on CMS' deficiency scale. A couple minor deficiencies aren't the end of the world.
Long-term Care Quality
Turning to the final category, this nursing home did not fare well in this area either. With a rock bottom grade of F in long-term care, this is really as bad as it gets. For prospective patients seeking a permanent residence rather than rehabilitation, long-term care grades are a key measure. After considering the amount of care provided by aids and other staff, we then looked at the facility's vaccination data. This nursing home vaccinated 99.01961 percent of its residents for pneumonia, which is more than the majority of nursing homes. Surprisingly, this facility was able to keep its patients out of the hospital. It had only 0.02 hospitalizations per one thousand long-term resident days. Sadly, some of its other scores in the category weren't as favorable as these.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
Fairmont Care Centre Quality Metrics
Minimizes Pressure Ulcers
In Fairmont Care Centre, 8.94% of Patients had Pressure Ulcers
This indicates the percent of patients that have had a pressure ulcer. Pressure ulcers, also known as bed sores, are often caused by patients not being moved frequently enough. Better nursing protocols minimizes the percentage of residents in a nursing home who sustain pressure ulcers.
Minimizes Serious Falls
In Fairmont Care Centre, 3.47% of Patients had Serious Falls
This metric gauges the percent of long-term care residents which suffered falls resulting in severe injury. This is one of the statistics we use in calculating our nursing grades.
Minimizes Urinary Tract Infections
In Fairmont Care Centre, 2.6% of Patients had UTIs
This is the percentage of residents that suffered from a urinary tract infection. These infections are associated with poorer hygiene.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Psychotic Medication
In Fairmont Care Centre, 18.4% of Patients use Anti-Psychotic Medication
This metric measures the percentage of long-term care residents that are prescribed antipsychotic medication. Increased usage of these drugs may indicate that a nursing home is using these medications to control patient behavior in scenarios where such drugs are not medically indicated. However, some nursing homes need to rely on these drugs due to having more patients with dementia.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Anxiety Medication
In Fairmont Care Centre, 19.11% of Patients use Anti-Anxiety Medication
This metric indicates the percentage of long-term care residents receiving antianxiety medications.
Managing Depression Among Residents
In Fairmont Care Centre, 29.8% of Patients
This datapoint is a measure of the percent of long-term care residents who are demonstrating signs of depression. Many in the industry would argue this is a measure of resident quality of life.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In Fairmont Care Centre, 87.49% of Patients
This datapoint measures the percentage of long-term care residents who were administered the flu and pneumonia vaccines. Respiratory viruses can be very dangerous for seniors, making these vaccines critical to patient care.
Residents Maintain Autonomy
In Fairmont Care Centre, 14.23% Percentage of Patients
This tells you the percent of patients who required additional assistance with activities of daily living over time. High levels of dependence on staff for assistance with ADL's may indicate the deterioration of a patient's medical condition.
Ability to Keep Residents Mobile
In Fairmont Care Centre, 19.34% Percentage of Residents
Measures the percentage of long-term stay residents that retained mobility levels.
In Fairmont Care Centre, 1.51 Hospitalizations per 1,000 resident days
This metric is a measure of the number of hospitalizations per thousand days of patient care.
Short-term Care: Rehospitalizations
In Fairmont Care Centre, 19.34 Percentage of Residents Rehospitalized
This indicates the number of times residents are rehospitalized per 1,000 days of short-term patient care. There is generally a correlation between having fewer hospitalizations and a nursing home's quality of short-term rehabilitation.
Short-term Care: ER Visits
In Fairmont Care Centre, 11.45 Percentage of Patients
This tells you the number of times residents are sent to the emergency room per 1,000 days of short-term care. There is typically a correlation between staying out of the emergency room and the quality of short-term care.
Short-term Care: Facilitates Functional Improvement
In Fairmont Care Centre, 71.39% Percentage of Resident
Measures the percent of short-term residents who experienced functional improvements, such as enhanced ability to perform activities of daily living. Many in the industry argue this is a measure of rehabilitation services.
Scores for Chicago, IL
- Overall Rating has a grade of C
- Nurse Rating has a grade of C
- Long-term Care Rating has a grade of C
- Short-term Care Rating has a grade of C
- Inspection Rating has a grade of B
Looking for more options? Chicago, Illinois has 80 other nursing homes
- Swedish Covenant HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 1.5 miles away5145 N California Ave Chicago Illinois 60625Voluntary non-profit - Church(773) 878-8200
- Community First Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 2.83 miles away5645 W Addison Street Chicago Illinois 60634Voluntary non-profit - Private(773) 282-7000
- Methodist Hospital of ChicagoAcute Care Hospitals 2.92 miles away5025 N Paulina Street Chicago Illinois 60640Voluntary non-profit - Private(773) 271-9040
- Aurora Chicago Lakeshore HospitalPsychiatric 4 miles away4840 N Marine Dr Chicago Illinois 60640Proprietary(773) 878-9700
- Louis a Weiss Memorial HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 4.09 miles away4646 N Marine Drive Chicago Illinois 60640Proprietary(773) 878-8700
- Presence Saint Francis HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 4.12 miles away355 Ridge Ave Evanston Illinois 60202Voluntary non-profit - Church(847) 316-4000
- Thorek Memorial HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 4.17 miles away850 W Irving Park Rd Chicago Illinois 60613Voluntary non-profit - Private(312) 525-6780
- Presence Resurrection Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 4.44 miles away7435 W Talcott Avenue Chicago Illinois 60631Voluntary non-profit - Church(773) 774-8000
- Davita Irving Park Dialysis0.96 miles away4323 N Pulaski Road Chicago Illinois 60641Dialysis Stations: 12 (773) 279-8714
- Nephron Dialysis Center, Ltd.2.26 miles away5140 N. California Ave. Suite 510 Chicago Illinois 60625Dialysis Stations: 16 (773) 293-2100
- Fmc - Northcenter Dialysis2.55 miles away2620 W. Addison St. Chicago Illinois 60618CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 16 (773) 248-0462
- Fmc - West Belmont2.71 miles away4943 W Belmont Ave. Chicago Illinois 60641CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 17 (773) 685-7500
- Center for Renal Replacement, LLC2.87 miles away7301 North Lincoln Ave., Ste 205 Lincolnwood Illinois 60712Dialysis Stations: 16 (847) 675-5555
- Davita - Logan Square Dialysis Svcs Inc2.96 miles away2838 N Kimball Ave Chicago Illinois 60618CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 27 (773) 342-3738
- Fmc - Logan Square3.12 miles away2721 N Spaulding Chicago Illinois 60647Dialysis Stations: 16 (773) 292-2971
- Davita - Montclare Dialysis3.25 miles away7009 W Belmont Avenue Chicago Illinois 60634CMS Rating: 2 stars Dialysis Stations: 16 (773) 889-6051