Fairfield Village Rehabilitation is a nursing home located in Layton, Utah, a city with 67,651 people. This nursing home has the distinction of being one of the three best facilities in Utah. We really can't say enough good things about this facility. If you scroll down, you will see this place's category scores, which are equally impressive as its overall score.
Get our free e-book to learn all about your senior care options.
Fairfield Village Rehabilitation
- Nursing Home
- Assisted Living
Updated Nov 1, 2023 by Nick Lata
Get pricing and details on Layton senior living options.Get Pricing
- Accepts Medicare 1
- No Medicaid 1
- Is CCRC
- No Resident Council
- No Family Council
- For profit - Limited Liability company
- Offers Post-Acute Care
- Offers Inpatient Rehab
- Offers Outpatient Rehab
- Personal Care
- Medication Management
- Home Making
- Speech Therapy
- Occupational Therapy
- Physical Therapy
- Nutritional Counseling
- Orthopedic Rehabilitation
- Lymphedema Care
Get our free e-book to learn all about your senior care options.
Best Nursing Home in Utah Awards 2019
Best Nursing Home in Layton, Utah Awards 2019
Best Nursing Home in Utah Awards 2020
Best Nursing Home in Layton, Utah Awards 2020
Best Nursing Home in Utah Awards 2021
Best Nursing Home in Layton, Utah Awards 2021
Registered Staff Hours
On top of being an elite nursing home overall, this nursing home excelled in the area of inspections, where it earned an A+. Very few places fared this well in this category. Our inspection ratings are based on several items located in the a nursing home's recent inspection reports. Nursing homes that receive favorable grades in this area typically have few deficiencies on those reports. Most importantly, these nursing homes generally do not have any severe deficiencies which are associated with risks to patient safety. Amazingly, this was one of the few nursing homes in the country that had no deficiencies whatsoever on its inspection report. This is very impressive. Finally, this facility had no substantiated complaints this year from residents, which is an excellent sign.
Short-term Care Quality
We also gave this nursing home a score of A+ for its short-term care grade. Our short-term care scores are based on a facility's quantity of skilled skilled healthcare professionals. This includes a vast spectrum of nursing services, spanning from registered nurses to physical and speech therapists, not to mention other variations of therapy. Fortunately, it looks like this nursing home has registered nurses on staff. Not every nursing home employs these types of nurses. On the other hand, based on the data they provided, they do not appear to employ physical therapists. Lastly, we assessed the number of residents who returned home from this nursing home. We found that 6.2 percent of this nursing home's residents were able to return home.
Does this page answer your questions about Fairfield Village Rehabilitation?
Among its many impressive grades, this facility received an excellent nursing grade. In fact, we gave it a grade of A in that category. Our nursing rating is based on several components, however, the primary consideration is the number of nurse hours spent with patients. This facility provided 0.5 hours of nursing care per resident per day. Finally, we also assessed several nursing quality measures and this facility excelled in some of these areas. With less than five percent of its residents sustaining pressure ulcers, it performed as well as any facility the nation in this category. This is generally a good indicator of quality nursing care. Pressure ulcers can often be prevented by offering better nursing care, such as by having a policy of turning a patient more often.
Long-term Care Quality
In the last category we rated, this facility received a very strong grade of A in our long-term care category. With this grade, the nursing home wrapped up a straight A report card. Long-term care ratings in this range generally require both around the clock care from nurses and aids, as well as quality routine healthcare services. On top of looking at the amount of care provided by nurses and other staff, we analyzed the number of residents vaccinated against pneumonia. Unfortunately, we were not able to locate information about this nursing home's vaccination rates. Clearly, this facility is doing something right in this area as it also excelled at keeping its patients out of the hospital. It had less than one hospitalization per one thousand long-term resident days, which is a remarkably low figure.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
Fairfield Village Rehabilitation Quality Metrics
Short-term Care: ER Visits
In Fairfield Village Rehabilitation, 11.21% of Patients
This is the number of times residents are sent to the emergency room per 1,000 days of short-term care. There is a correlation between reduced emergency room visits and the quality of short-term care.
Short-term Care: Facilitates Functional Improvement
In Fairfield Village Rehabilitation, 72.94% of Resident
This tells you the percentage of short-term stay patients who experienced functional improvements, such as enhanced ability to perform activities of daily living.
- Layton HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 1.82 miles away201 West Layton Parkway Layton Utah 84041Voluntary non-profit - Private(801) 543-6703
- Davis Hospital and Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 2.5 miles away1600 West Antelope Drive Layton Utah 84041Proprietary(801) 807-7001
- Ogden Regional Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 6.05 miles away5475 South 500 East Ogden Utah 84405Proprietary(801) 479-2111
- Mckay Dee HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 7.31 miles away4401 Harrison Boulevard Ogden Utah 84403Voluntary non-profit - Private(801) 387-2800
- Lakeview HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 13.87 miles away630 East Medical Drive Bountiful Utah 84010Voluntary non-profit - Other(801) 299-2200
- Farmington Bay Dialysis Center1.57 miles away942 S Main St Layton Utah 84041Dialysis Stations: 16 (801) 593-9111
- Anthem Dialysis, LLC2.33 miles away520 North Kays Drive Suite 1 Kaysville Utah 84037Dialysis Stations: 1 (385) 420-7500
- Liberty Dialysis - Layton (Fmc)2.62 miles away2132 N 1700 W Ste 120 Layton Utah 84041Dialysis Stations: 12 (801) 779-6100
- Bonneville Dialysis Center6.01 miles away5575 S 500 E Ogden Utah 84405Dialysis Stations: 33 (801) 479-0351
- Liberty Dialysis - Ogden (Fmc)6.87 miles away4780 Old Post Rd Ogden Utah 84403Dialysis Stations: 16 (801) 394-1230
- Mark Lindsay Dialysis Center7.56 miles away1154 E Country Hills Dr Ogden Utah 84405Dialysis Stations: 21 (801) 479-4460
- Liberty Dialysis South Ogden Home7.91 miles away475 East 40th Street Ogden Utah 84403Dialysis Stations: 1 (801) 627-2886
- West Bountiful Dialysis (Dva)13.61 miles away724 W 500 S Ste 300 Woods Cross Utah 84087Dialysis Stations: 12 (801) 296-9091