Fairfield Village Rehabilitation is a nursing home located in Layton, Utah, a city with 67,651 people. With an A+ overall grade, we ranked this nursing home in the top ten percentile of all facilities in the nation. We really can't say enough good things about this facility. If you scroll down, you will see this place's category scores, which are equally impressive as its overall score.
Fairfield Village Rehabilitation
- Nursing Home
- Assisted Living
Updated Apr 1, 2023 by Nick Reese
1203 North Fairfield Road,
Layton UT 84041
75.25% estimated occupancy 1
Get our free e-book to learn all about your senior care options.
- Accepts Medicare 1
- No Medicaid 1
- Is CCRC
- No Resident Council
- No Family Council
- For profit - Limited Liability company
- Offers Post-Acute Care
- Offers Inpatient Rehab
- Offers Outpatient Rehab
- Personal Care
- Medication Management
- Home Making
- Speech Therapy
- Occupational Therapy
- Physical Therapy
- Nutritional Counseling
- Orthopedic Rehabilitation
- Lymphedema Care
Best Nursing Home in Utah Awards 2019
Best Nursing Home in Layton, Utah Awards 2019
Best Nursing Home in Utah Awards 2020
Best Nursing Home in Layton, Utah Awards 2020
Best Nursing Home in Utah Awards 2021
Best Nursing Home in Layton, Utah Awards 2021
Registered Staff Hours
Short-term Care Quality
In addition to being a strong facility overall, this nursing home also excelled in the category of short-term care, where it received an elite grade of A+. Short-term care grades are generally employed to assess a facility's performance with rehabilitation. To offer quality rehabilitation services, nursing homes generally must have higher levels of skilled nursing. Skilled nursing includes registered nurses, physical therapists, occupational therapists and other types of therapists. Fortunately, it appear that this facility has registered nurses on staff. Not all facilities employs these types of nurses. On the other hand, based on the information this nursing home provided, they do not appear to employ physical therapists. Finally, we considered the percentage of residents who were able to return to the community from this facility. We found that 5.9 percent of this nursing home's patients returned home.
This facility has earned near flawless health inspections recently. We gave them an impressive grade of A in this area. Our inspection grades weigh several factors included in a facility's inspection reports. One of the most important criteria we look at is the number and severity of deficiencies. Places with higher scores in this category tend to have few of these severe deficiencies. Amazingly, this was one of the few nursing homes in the country that had no deficiencies whatsoever on its inspection report. This is very impressive. Finally, this facility had no substantiated complaints this year from residents, which is an excellent sign.
Does this page answer your questions about Fairfield Village Rehabilitation?
Long-term Care Quality
Turning our third category, this facility was awarded a strong long-term care grade. In fact, it received a score of A in that category. If you are looking for anything other than short-term rehabilitation, you should take a close look at each facility's long-term care scores. In addition to considering the amount of care provided by aids and other staff, we analyzed the percentage of residents vaccinated for pneumonia. We weren't able to locate information about this nursing home's vaccination rates. Clearly, this facility is doing something right in this area as it was able to keep its residents out of the hospital. It had less than one hospitalization per 1,000 long-term resident days, which is an impressively low number.
Moving on to the fourth category, this facility also performed admirably in our nursing category. In fact, we awarded it an A in this area. This wrapped up truly elite profile. The nursing score is based on quite a few components, however, the most important one is the level of nurse hours spent with patients. This particular nursing home provided 0.5 hours of nursing care per resident per day. Finally, our nursing grades also factor in quality-based assessments, such as avoiding major falls. This nursing home performed well in this area. Avoiding major falls is typically a good indicator that a facility has reliable quality controls in place. Major falls can generally be avoided if more nurses aids and better safety protocols are in place.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
Fairfield Village Rehabilitation Quality Metrics
Short-term Care: ER Visits
In Fairfield Village Rehabilitation, 13.64 Percentage of Patients
This metric is a measure of the number of emergency room visits per 1,000 days of short-term care. Avoiding medical emergencies is one way to gauge short-term care.
Short-term Care: Facilitates Functional Improvement
In Fairfield Village Rehabilitation, 71.49% Percentage of Resident
This datapoint is a measure of the percentage of short-term care residents who experienced functional improvements, such as with activities of daily living. Many in the industry would argue this is a measure of a facility's rehabilitation performance.
- Layton HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 1.82 miles away201 West Layton Parkway Layton Utah 84041Voluntary non-profit - Private(801) 543-6703
- Davis Hospital and Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 2.5 miles away1600 West Antelope Drive Layton Utah 84041Proprietary(801) 807-7001
- Ogden Regional Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 6.05 miles away5475 South 500 East Ogden Utah 84405Proprietary(801) 479-2111
- Mckay Dee HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 7.31 miles away4401 Harrison Boulevard Ogden Utah 84403Voluntary non-profit - Private(801) 387-2800
- Lakeview HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 13.87 miles away630 East Medical Drive Bountiful Utah 84010Voluntary non-profit - Other(801) 299-2200
- Farmington Bay Dialysis Center1.57 miles away942 S Main St Layton Utah 84041Dialysis Stations: 16 (801) 593-9111
- Anthem Dialysis, LLC2.33 miles away520 North Kays Drive Suite 1 Kaysville Utah 84037Dialysis Stations: 1 (385) 420-7500
- Liberty Dialysis - Layton (Fmc)2.62 miles away2132 N 1700 W Ste 120 Layton Utah 84041Dialysis Stations: 12 (801) 779-6100
- Bonneville Dialysis Center6.01 miles away5575 S 500 E Ogden Utah 84405Dialysis Stations: 33 (801) 479-0351
- Liberty Dialysis - Ogden (Fmc)6.87 miles away4780 Old Post Rd Ogden Utah 84403Dialysis Stations: 16 (801) 394-1230
- Mark Lindsay Dialysis Center7.56 miles away1154 E Country Hills Dr Ogden Utah 84405Dialysis Stations: 21 (801) 479-4460
- Liberty Dialysis South Ogden Home7.91 miles away475 East 40th Street Ogden Utah 84403Dialysis Stations: 1 (801) 627-2886
- West Bountiful Dialysis (Dva)13.61 miles away724 W 500 S Ste 300 Woods Cross Utah 84087Dialysis Stations: 12 (801) 296-9091