Fairfield Post-Acute Rehab is an average-sized nursing home in Fairfield, California. This nursing home received a first-rate overall rating of A+, making it the number one rated facility in the city. This is really as good of a facility as you'll find. Scroll down to find this facility's category grades, which also impressed us. You really can't do any better than a straight A report card.
Fairfield Post-Acute Rehab
- Nursing Home
- Independent Living
- Assisted Living
- Memory Care
Updated Jun 1, 2022 by Nick Reese
- Accepts Medicare 1
- Accepts Medicaid 1
- No CCRC
- Has Resident Council
- No Family Council
- For profit - Corporation
- Secure Memory Care
- Offers Hospice
- Offers Respite Care
- Offers Inpatient Rehab
- Personal Care
- Medication Management
- Home Making
- Speech Therapy
- Stroke Recovery
- IV Antibiotic Therapy
- Palliative Care
- Wound Care
- Occupational Therapy
- Cardiac Therapy
- Mental Health
- Diabetes Management
- Physical Therapy
- Respiratory Therapy
- Nutritional Counseling
- Recreational Therapy
Registered Staff Hours
Long-term Care Quality
We also found that this facility excelled in our long-term care rating. We awarded them an impressive grade of A+ in this category. When facilities receive a grade in this range in long-term care it generally means it's well-staffed and is a quality place to reside on a permanent basis. After looking at the amount of care provided by nurses aids and other staff, we turned to the facility's vaccination record. This facility vaccinated 100 percent of its patients for pneumonia, which is far higher than most nursing homes. Clearly, this nursing home is doing something right in this area as it was able to keep its patients out of the hospital. Indeed, it had less than one hospitalization per one thousand long-term resident days, which is an impressively low number.
Short-term Care Quality
This facility was given high marks in the category of short-term care. Consequently, it was given one of our highest scores in that area with a score of A+. In computing these short-term care scores, we assess the facility's skilled nursing services, such as those performed by registered nurses, respiratory therapists, physical therapists and other types of therapists. Our goal is to formulate a scale for sizing up the rehabilitation services of different facilities. Fortunately, it appear that this facility employs registered nurses. Not all facilities employs these types of nurses. On the other hand, based on the information this nursing home provided, they do not appear to employ physical therapists. Finally, we considered the number of patients who were able to return to the community from this nursing home. We found that 6.5 percent of this facility's patients returned home.
Does this page answer your questions about Fairfield Post-Acute Rehab?
We also awarded this nursing home a grade of A+ for its nursing grade. There are quite a few factors included in this category. Most of the factors reflect the quantity and quality of nurse staffing. This facility provided 0.5 hours of nursing care per resident per day. Finally, our nursing grades also factor in quality-based assessments, such as avoiding major falls. This nursing home performed well in this area. Avoiding major falls is typically a good indicator that a nursing home has reliable quality controls in place. Major falls can generally be avoided if more nurses aids and better safety protocols are in place.
Another impressive feature for this facility is its inspection score. In that area, we awarded this facility a grade of A, finishing off its straight A performance. Our inspection ratings are tied to data points found on the a nursing home's recent inspection reports. Places that score well in this area have few deficiencies on their reports. Most importantly, these places should not have any severe deficiencies which are associated with endangerment of patients. This particular nursing home had just a single deficiency on its inspection report and it was not one deemed to pose a threat to patient health or safety. Finally, this facility had no substantiated complaints this year from residents, which is an excellent sign.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
Fairfield Post-Acute Rehab Quality Metrics
Minimizes Pressure Ulcers
In Fairfield Post-Acute Rehab, 7.62% of Patients had Pressure Ulcers
This datapoint is an indication of the percentage of long-term care residents who suffer from new or worsened pressure ulcers. We find that pressure ulcers are a great measure of the quality of nursing care a nursing home provides.
Minimizes Serious Falls
In Fairfield Post-Acute Rehab, 1.67% of Patients had Serious Falls
This indicates the percent of residents who suffered from a fall resulting in severe injury.
Minimizes Urinary Tract Infections
In Fairfield Post-Acute Rehab, 1.21% of Patients had UTIs
This tells you the percentage of residents who suffered from a urinary tract infection. UTI's are often linked to nursing homes with worse hygiene protocols. Closer supervision can minimize the percentage of residents in a nursing home who suffer from UTI's. Note that this metric is sometimes skewed by the fact that facilities have different reporting standards for these infections.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Psychotic Medication
In Fairfield Post-Acute Rehab, 10.06% of Patients use Anti-Psychotic Medication
This metric tells you the percent of long-term care patients receiving antipsychotic medications. While antipsychotic medications serve an important medical purpose, it is important to ensure these drugs are being used only where medically required. In some situations, increased usage of these drugs may mean a nursing home is using these drugs to subdue residents.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Anxiety Medication
In Fairfield Post-Acute Rehab, 13.91% of Patients use Anti-Anxiety Medication
This tells you the percent of residents prescribed antianxiety drugs. Antianxiety medications are given to residents experiencing anxiety and depression.
Managing Depression Among Residents
In Fairfield Post-Acute Rehab, 4.33% of Patients
This datapoint is a measure of the percentage of long-term patients demonstrating depressive symptoms. Some experts would argue this is a measure of resident quality of life.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In Fairfield Post-Acute Rehab, 95.72% of Patients
This datapoint measures the percent of long-term patients who received the flu and pneumonia vaccines.
Residents Maintain Autonomy
In Fairfield Post-Acute Rehab, 8.37% Percentage of Patients
This tells you the percentage of patients who needed more assistance with activities of daily living over time. High levels of needing for assistance with ADL's could indicate deterioration of a resident's well-being.
Ability to Keep Residents Mobile
In Fairfield Post-Acute Rehab, 14.05% Percentage of Residents
This tells you the percent of patients who were able to retain mobility over time. Preserving mobility can be a great sign for residents' well-being.
In Fairfield Post-Acute Rehab, 1.49 Hospitalizations per 1,000 resident days
This indicates the number of hospitalizations per thousand days of care.
Short-term Care: Rehospitalizations
In Fairfield Post-Acute Rehab, 14.05 Percentage of Residents Rehospitalized
This is a measure of the number of rehospitalizations per thousand days of short-term patient care.
Short-term Care: ER Visits
In Fairfield Post-Acute Rehab, 9.85 Percentage of Patients
Measures the number of times residents are sent to the emergency room per 1,000 days of short-term patient care.
Short-term Care: Facilitates Functional Improvement
In Fairfield Post-Acute Rehab, 79.63% Percentage of Resident
This datapoint is a measure of the percent of short-term stay residents that saw functional improvements.
- Northbay Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 0.21 miles away1200 B Gale Wilson Blvd Fairfield California 94533Voluntary non-profit - Other(707) 646-5000
- 60th Medical Group (Travis Afb)Acute Care - Department of Defense 4.78 miles away103 Bodin Circle Fairfield Fairfield California 94533Department of Defense(707) 423-7300
- Kaiser Foundation Hospital - VacavilleAcute Care Hospitals 10.87 miles away1 Quality Drive Vacaville California 95688Voluntary non-profit - Private(707) 624-4000
- Sutter Solano Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 13.38 miles away300 Hospital Dr Vallejo California 94589Voluntary non-profit - Private(707) 554-5280
- Kaiser Foundation Hospital and Rehab CenterAcute Care Hospitals 13.88 miles away975 Sereno Dr Vallejo California 94589Voluntary non-profit - Other(707) 651-1000
- Queen of the Valley Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 14.17 miles away1000 Trancas St Napa California 94558Voluntary non-profit - Church(707) 252-4411
- Contra Costa Regional Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 17.96 miles away2500 Alhambra Avenue Martinez California 94553Government - Local(925) 370-5000
- John Muir Behavioral Health CenterPsychiatric 18.99 miles away2740 Grant Street Concord California 94524Voluntary non-profit - Private(925) 674-4101
- Davita Fairfield Downtown0.87 miles away1800 North Texas Street Fairfield California 94533CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 24 (707) 399-9984
- Rai Chadbourne2.4 miles away490 Chadbourne Road Ste D Fairfield California 94534CMS Rating: 5 stars Dialysis Stations: 21 (707) 434-9088
- Fairfield Dialysis Center5.16 miles away4660 Central Way Fairfield California 94534CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 32 (707) 863-7369
- Vacaville Dialysis Clinic6.77 miles away941 Merchant St Vacaville California 95688CMS Rating: 5 stars Dialysis Stations: 15 (707) 449-6485
- Creekside Dialysis Center7.55 miles away141 Parker Street Vacaville California 95688Dialysis Stations: 12 (707) 453-1325
- Satellite Dialysis Vallejo14.02 miles away4300 Sonoma Blvd, Suite 25 Vallejo California 94589CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 33 (707) 561-7150
- Usrc Napa, LLC14.27 miles away3219 Jefferson Street Napa California 94558Dialysis Stations: 13 (707) 501-5301
- Silverado Dialysis14.31 miles away1100 Trancas, Suite 267 Napa California 94558Dialysis Stations: 10 (707) 224-6533