Fairfield Nursing & Rehabilitation Center is located in Crownsville, Maryland, a city with a total of 8,848 people. This facility was given an overall grade of B, which is favorable grade. This place truly has plenty of good features. This place is better in some categories than others, but it didn't have any weak links in any of our four major categories. More information about these categories can be found below.
Fairfield Nursing & Rehabilitation Center
- Nursing Home
Updated Sep 1, 2022 by Nick Reese
1454 Fairfield Loop Road,
Crownsville MD 21032
82.91% estimated occupancy 1
- Accepts Medicare 1
- Accepts Medicaid 1
- No CCRC
- Has Resident Council
- No Family Council
- For profit - Corporation
- Offers Hospice
- Offers Post-Acute Care
- Offers Respite Care
- Offers Inpatient Rehab
- Medication Management
- Speech Therapy
- IV Antibiotic Therapy
- Wound Care
- Occupational Therapy
- Tracheotomy Care
- Physical Therapy
- Respiratory Therapy
- Nutritional Counseling
Registered Staff Hours
To go along with its strong overall grade, we awarded this nursing home a grade of A for our inspections rating. Our inspection scores weigh several factors included in a facility's inspection report. One key criteria we weigh heavily is the quantity and severity of deficiencies. Facilities with higher scores in this category usually have very few of these severe deficiencies. Fortunately, although this place had some minor dings on its report, it had no severe deficiencies. Severe deficiencies are those found in categories G, H, I, J, K and L. This means that the government inspectors did not deem any of the deficiencies on this facility's report to pose an imminent threat to patient health or safety. A couple relatively minor deficiencies aren't something to panic about.
Short-term Care Quality
Among the reasons we graded this facility so favorably is that it received a very impressive short-term care grade. In fact, short-term care is its second most favorable category score. In that area, we gave this nursing home a grade of A. In crafting our short-term care scores, we look at the nursing home's skilled nursing services, including those performed by registered nurses, speech therapists, physical therapists and other types of skilled professionals. The goal is to devise a measure for comparing the rehabilitation services of various facilities. Fortunately, it looks like this facility has registered nurses on staff. Not all nursing homes employs these skilled professionals. However, according to the data this nursing home provided, it does not look like the facility employs physical therapists. The last statistic we looked at in this area is the number of patients who were able to leave the nursing home and return to the community. We discovered that 6.8 percent of this nursing home's residents returned home.
Does this page answer your questions about Fairfield Nursing & Rehabilitation Center?
The next highest grade we gave this nursing home came in the category of nursing, where we gave it a grade of C. This wasn't quite as good as some of its other scores, but a grade in this range is not the end of the world. Our nursing score looks at the facility's nurse staffing levels. We factor in both the levels of licensure of the nurses and the quantity of hours spent with residents. This nursing home provides 0.3 hours of nursing care per resident per day. This is a much lower figure than we are used to seeing. Lastly, although this facility got docked a bit for nursing hours per resident, it excelled in a few of our quality metrics. With fewer than five percent of its patients suffering from pressure ulcers, it did well in this statistic.
Long-term Care Quality
Turning to our next category, this facility was awarded an acceptable long-term care grade of C. If you are seeking services other than rehabilitation, you should take a close look at long-term care ratings. On top of considering the quantity of care provided by aids and other staff, we analyzed the percentage of residents vaccinated against pneumonia. Thankfully, this nursing home vaccinated 98.68996 percent of its patients, which is a very solid total. Lastly, this nursing home was also able to limit hospitalizations. It had less than one hospitalization per 1,000 long-term resident days, which is a remarkably low number.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
Fairfield Nursing & Rehabilitation Center Quality Metrics
Minimizes Pressure Ulcers
In Fairfield Nursing & Rehabilitation Center, 10.24% of Patients had Pressure Ulcers
This statistic indicates the percent of long-term stay patients which suffered from pressure ulcers. We've found that pressure ulcers are a reliable barometer of a facility's nursing care quality.
Minimizes Serious Falls
In Fairfield Nursing & Rehabilitation Center, 2.73% of Patients had Serious Falls
This is the percentage of residents who have had a fall leading to serious injury.
Minimizes Urinary Tract Infections
In Fairfield Nursing & Rehabilitation Center, 2.07% of Patients had UTIs
This tells you the percent of residents that suffered from a urinary tract infection. These infections may be associated with inadequate hygiene.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Psychotic Medication
In Fairfield Nursing & Rehabilitation Center, 13.1% of Patients use Anti-Psychotic Medication
This statistic indicates the percent of long-term stay patients receiving antipsychotic medications. While antipsychotic drugs serve an important medical purpose, it is important to ensure these drugs are being used only where medically required. In limited situations, increased usage of these drugs may indicate that a nursing home is using these medications to subdue residents.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Anxiety Medication
In Fairfield Nursing & Rehabilitation Center, 14.46% of Patients use Anti-Anxiety Medication
This tells you the percent of residents who were given antianxiety medications. Antianxiety drugs are administered to residents experiencing depression or anxiety.
Managing Depression Among Residents
In Fairfield Nursing & Rehabilitation Center, 10.18% of Patients
This tells you the percent of residents exhibiting depressive symptoms. Higher levels of depression may reveal a lower level of care.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In Fairfield Nursing & Rehabilitation Center, 92.14% of Patients
This is the percent of residents who were administered the flu and pneumonia vaccines. High vaccination rates should be the norm at this point.
Residents Maintain Autonomy
In Fairfield Nursing & Rehabilitation Center, 19.83% Percentage of Patients
This is the percentage of residents who needed more assistance with activities of daily living over time.
Ability to Keep Residents Mobile
In Fairfield Nursing & Rehabilitation Center, 28.37% Percentage of Residents
This indicates the percent of residents who were able to retain mobility over time. Preserving mobility is often a great sign for residents' health.
In Fairfield Nursing & Rehabilitation Center, 1.1 Hospitalizations per 1,000 resident days
This metric measures the number of hospitalizations per 1,000 days of patient care.
Short-term Care: Rehospitalizations
In Fairfield Nursing & Rehabilitation Center, 28.37 Percentage of Residents Rehospitalized
This indicates the number of times residents are rehospitalized per 1,000 days of short-term patient care.
Short-term Care: ER Visits
In Fairfield Nursing & Rehabilitation Center, 8.93 Percentage of Patients
This is the number of emergency room visits per thousand days of short-term patient care. There is generally a correlation between having fewer emergency room visits and the quality of care.
Short-term Care: Facilitates Functional Improvement
In Fairfield Nursing & Rehabilitation Center, 74.3% Percentage of Resident
This is a measure of the percent of short-term care patients who saw functional improvements.
- Anne Arundel Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 4.43 miles away2001 Medical Parkway Annapolis Maryland 21401Voluntary non-profit - Private(443) 481-1307
- Umd Baltimore Washington Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 7.75 miles away301 Hospital Drive Glen Burnie Maryland 21061Voluntary non-profit - Other(410) 595-1967
- Doctors' Community HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 14.3 miles away8118 Good Luck Road Lanham Maryland 20706Proprietary(301) 552-8118
- University of Md Laurel Regional HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 15.18 miles away7300 Van Dusen Road Laurel Maryland 20707Voluntary non-profit - Private(301) 725-4300
- Saint Agnes HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 17.32 miles away900 Caton Avenue Baltimore Maryland 21229Voluntary non-profit - Church(410) 368-2101
- University of Maryland Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 18.08 miles away22 South Greene Street Baltimore Maryland 21201Voluntary non-profit - Private(410) 328-8667
- Bon Secours HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 18.21 miles away2000 W Baltimore Street Baltimore Maryland 21223Voluntary non-profit - Private(410) 362-3000
- Johns Hopkins Bayview Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 18.33 miles away4940 Eastern Avenue Baltimore Maryland 21224Voluntary non-profit - Private(410) 550-0123
- Fmc - Anne Arundel3.94 miles away2032 Industrial Dr Annapolis Maryland 21401Dialysis Stations: 19 (410) 266-7288
- Bma - South Annapolis4.46 miles away304 Harry S Truman Pkwy Stes H-K Annapolis Maryland 21401Dialysis Stations: 15 (301) 261-1036
- Us Renal Care - Chesapeake5.67 miles away305 College Pky Arnold Maryland 21012Dialysis Stations: 6 (410) 431-5106
- Davita Pasadena Dialysis5.85 miles away8037 Governor Ritchie Hwy. Suite A Pasadena Maryland 21122CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 30 (410) 590-4615
- Davita-Annapolis Dialysis6.01 miles away1127 West St Ste 100 Annapolis Maryland 21401Dialysis Stations: 16 (410) 626-6139
- Odenton Dialysis6.34 miles away1360 Blair Drive Suites L & M Odenton Maryland 21113Dialysis Stations: 19 (410) 674-3918
- Fresenius Anne Arundel Outpatient Dialysis Services, LLC6.48 miles away1105 Annapolis Rd Odenton Maryland 21113Dialysis Stations: 19 (410) 672-8024
- Renal Care of Bowie, LLC7.62 miles away4861 Telsa Dr Ste H Bowie Maryland 20715CMS Rating: 2 stars Dialysis Stations: 24 (301) 809-5342