Fairfax Rehabilitation and Nursing Center is one of a mere two facilities in Fairfax, Virginia. This nursing home was awarded an overall grade of C, which is a respectable score. Based on the data we reviewed, there are certainly much worse places out there. More information on this facility's category grades may be found below. Its best category is short-term care, which is discussed in the next section.
Get our free e-book to learn all about your senior care options.
Fairfax Rehabilitation and Nursing Center
- Nursing Home
- Adult Day Care
- Memory Care
Updated Apr 1, 2023 by Nick Lata
Get pricing and details on Fairfax senior living options.Get Pricing
- Accepts Medicare 1
- Accepts Medicaid 1
- No CCRC
- Has Resident Council
- No Family Council
- For profit - Limited Liability company
- Offers Post-Acute Care
- Offers Respite Care
- Offers Inpatient Rehab
- Personal Care
- Medication Management
- Speech Therapy
- IV Antibiotic Therapy
- Wound Care
- Occupational Therapy
- Cardiac Therapy
- Tracheotomy Care
- Respiratory Therapy
- Nutritional Counseling
- Orthopedic Rehabilitation
Get our free e-book to learn all about your senior care options.
Top Nursing Home in Virginia Awards 2019
Best Nursing Home in Fairfax, Virginia Awards 2019
Top Nursing Home in Virginia Awards 2020
Best Nursing Home in Fairfax, Virginia Awards 2020
Top Nursing Home in Virginia Awards 2021
Best Nursing Home in Fairfax, Virginia Awards 2021
Registered Staff Hours
Short-term Care Quality
We want to draw your attention to the fact that this nursing home received a much better grade for short-term care than its overall score. In fact, it received one of our highest scores in that category with an A-. With our short-term care grade, we attempt to forge a sound gauge for rehabilitation. In this process, we look at a nursing home's levels of highly-skilled nursing services, including both registered nurses and physical therapy, as well as respiratory therapy. Fortunately, it appear that this facility employs registered nurses. Not all nursing homes employs these skilled professionals. However, based on the information they provided, they do not appear to employ physical therapists. The final metric we looked at in this area is the percentage of residents who returned home from the nursing home. We found that 6.1 percent of this nursing home's residents returned home as opposed to remaining at the nursing home on a permanent basis.
Shockingly, this nursing home actually received a good grade in inspections as well. In fact, we gave it a B- for that category, which is one of our better scores. Inspection scores weigh several factors, including deficiencies and federal fines. You can find more information about each of these items by reviewing copies of nursing homes' inspection reports. Amazingly, this was one of the few nursing homes in the country that had no deficiencies whatsoever on its inspection report. This is very impressive. This is a good sign for the quality of care at this facility.
Does this page answer your questions about Fairfax Rehabilitation and Nursing Center?
The next highest grade we gave this nursing home in any area came in the category of nursing, where we gave it a grade of C. When calculating a facility's nursing grade, we weigh the quantity of hours nurses are with residents and the skill levels of those nurses. This facility averages just 0.3 hours of nursing care per resident per day, which is well below average. Lastly, despite not having the highest total nursing hours per resident, this nursing home performed admirably in the area of preventing major falls. This is generally a reliable indicator that a facility has sufficient quality controls in place.
Long-term Care Quality
Switching gears to our last area, this nursing home didn't perform well. Due to a poor grade of F in long-term care, this was this facility's worst grade. For prospective patients looking for a permanent place to live rather than skilled nursing, long-term care is a very important category. After considering the quantity of care provided by nurses aids and other staff, we turned to the facility's vaccination records. We were optimistic to discover that this facility vaccinated 99.37888 percent of its residents for pneumonia. Surprisingly, this facility also fared well at keeping its patients out of the hospital. Indeed, it had only 0.01 hospitalizations per 1,000 long-term resident days. Sadly, a few of its other scores in the category were not as favorable as these.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
Fairfax Rehabilitation and Nursing Center Quality Metrics
Minimizes Pressure Ulcers
In Fairfax Rehabilitation and Nursing Center, 8.53% of Patients had Pressure Ulcers
This tells you the percentage of residents that have had a pressure ulcer. Pressure ulcers are skin damage due to remaining in one position for too long.
Minimizes Serious Falls
In Fairfax Rehabilitation and Nursing Center, 3.74% of Patients had Serious Falls
This statistic indicates the percent of long-term patients which sustained a fall which caused serious injury. Falls can arise for a variety of reasons, but high rates of falls resulting in injuries may be an indicator of poor nursing care.
Minimizes Urinary Tract Infections
In Fairfax Rehabilitation and Nursing Center, 2.25% of Patients had UTIs
This metric measures the percent of long-term care patients which suffered from a UTI. UTI's could be an indicator of poor nursing care. Nevertheless, this metric could also be misleading for some nursing homes due to different reporting standards for infections.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Psychotic Medication
In Fairfax Rehabilitation and Nursing Center, 15.09% of Patients use Anti-Psychotic Medication
This datapoint is a measure of the percentage of long-term care residents that are given antipsychotic medication. Increased usage of these drugs may indicate that a nursing home is using these medications to subdue residents in situations where such drugs are not medically required. However, some facilities may need to rely more on these medications due to having more residents suffering from Alzheimer's or other dementias.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Anxiety Medication
In Fairfax Rehabilitation and Nursing Center, 19.63% of Patients use Anti-Anxiety Medication
This indicates the percent of patients prescribed antianxiety medications. These drugs are prescribed to residents experiencing anxiety or depression.
Managing Depression Among Residents
In Fairfax Rehabilitation and Nursing Center, 5.07% of Patients
This is the percentage of patients demonstrating symptoms of depression. Higher rates of depression may imply a lower level of care.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In Fairfax Rehabilitation and Nursing Center, 88.92% of Patients
This tells you the percentage of patients who were administered the flu and pneumonia vaccines. Higher vaccination rates should be standard at this point.
Residents Maintain Autonomy
In Fairfax Rehabilitation and Nursing Center, 17.15% Percentage of Patients
This is the percentage of patients who required increased assistance with activities of daily living over time.
Ability to Keep Residents Mobile
In Fairfax Rehabilitation and Nursing Center, 18.14% Percentage of Residents
This indicates the percent of patients that retained mobility levels over time. Optimizing mobility can be a great sign for residents' well-being.
In Fairfax Rehabilitation and Nursing Center, 1.38 Hospitalizations per 1,000 resident days
This datapoint is a measure of the number of times residents are hospitalized per thousand days of patient care.
Short-term Care: Rehospitalizations
In Fairfax Rehabilitation and Nursing Center, 18.14 Percentage of Residents Rehospitalized
This datapoint measures the number of times residents are rehospitalized per 1,000 days of short-term patient care.
Short-term Care: ER Visits
In Fairfax Rehabilitation and Nursing Center, 12.25 Percentage of Patients
Measures the number of times residents are sent to the emergency room per thousand days of short-term patient care.
Short-term Care: Facilitates Functional Improvement
In Fairfax Rehabilitation and Nursing Center, 74.96% Percentage of Resident
This metric measures the percentage of short-term residents that experienced functional improvements.
- Inova Fairfax HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 4.83 miles away3300 Gallows Road Falls Church Virginia 22042Voluntary non-profit - Private(703) 776-4001
- Reston Hospital CenterAcute Care Hospitals 8.19 miles away1850 Town Center Parkway Reston Virginia 20190Voluntary non-profit - Private(703) 689-9000
- Virginia Hospital CenterAcute Care Hospitals 10.41 miles away1701 North George Mason Drive Arlington Virginia 22205Voluntary non-profit - Private(703) 558-5000
- Novant Health Uva Prince William Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 10.8 miles away8700 Sudley Rd Manassas Virginia 20110Voluntary non-profit - Private(703) 369-8000
- Inova Alexandria HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 11.37 miles away4320 Seminary Rd Alexandria Virginia 22304Voluntary non-profit - Private(703) 504-3167
- Sibley Memorial HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 12.63 miles away5255 Loughboro Rd Nw Washington District of Columbia 20016Voluntary non-profit - Other(202) 537-4680
- Fort Belvoir Community HospitalAcute Care - Department of Defense 13.46 miles away9300 Dewitt Loop Fort Belvoir Virginia 22060Department of Defense(571) 231-3224
- Stonesprings Hospital CenterAcute Care Hospitals 13.69 miles away24440 Stone Springs Boulevard Sterling Virginia 20166Proprietary(571) 349-4000
- Renal Carepartners - Fairfax0.32 miles away3930 Walnut Street Suite 100 Fairfax Virginia 22030Dialysis Stations: 17 (703) 691-7820
- Fair Oaks Dialysis1.15 miles away3955 Pender Dr Fairfax Virginia 22030Dialysis Stations: 13 (703) 385-5315
- Total Renal Care - Fairfax4.26 miles away8501 Arlington Boulevard Ste 100 Fairfax Virginia 22031CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 24 (703) 876-8445
- Fairfax Dialysis Center4.62 miles away8316 Arlington Blvd Ste 108 Fairfax Virginia 22031Dialysis Stations: 21 (703) 698-8070
- Cdc - Springfield5.81 miles away8003 Forbes Place Suite 110 Springfield Virginia 22151CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 21 (703) 321-7207
- Davita - Tysons Corner6.35 miles away8391 Old Courthouse Rd Vienna Virginia 22182CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 15 (703) 827-8644
- Renal Carepartners of Reston LLC6.75 miles away12330 Pinecrest Rd Ste 200 Reston Virginia 20191Dialysis Stations: 16 (703) 476-0605
- Davita Annandale Dialysis6.81 miles away7060 Columbia Pike Annandale Virginia 22003Dialysis Stations: 18 (703) 256-2569