Fairfax Health Care Center is located in Cleveland, Ohio, which offers more than 20 nursing homes. This nursing home was given an overall grade of F. Keep in mind that Cleveland received a city grade of B-, so should consider some other options in the city as well. More information on this facility's category grades is available below. Its best category is nursing, which is addressed in the next section.
Fairfax Health Care Center
- Nursing Home
Updated Jun 1, 2022 by Nick Lata
- Accepts Medicare 1
- Accepts Medicaid 1
- No CCRC
- Has Resident Council
- No Family Council
- For profit - Corporation
- Offers Respite Care
- Offers Inpatient Rehab
- Personal Care
- Medication Management
- Home Making
- Medical Transportation
- Nutritional Counseling
- Recreational Therapy
Registered Staff Hours
Unfortunately, we did not have many favorable things to say about this nursing home's overall score or its category scores. Its best category came in nursing. However, with a D in this area, it still performed relatively poorly. There are numerous subcategories within this area. Most of these criteria are tied to staffing levels. This nursing home provides 0.2 hours of nursing care per patient daily, which is slightly below average. Lastly, we also assessed some nursing quality-based metrics in calculating our nursing grades. This place fared well when it comes to minimizing its residents' pressure ulcers and major falls. Many consider these statistics to be measures of the quality of nursing care.
Unfortunately, this nursing home received an F for its inspection rating. This is a particularly important category. Grades in this range typically point to some red flags on the facility's government inspection reports. For facilities with poor inspection ratings, you should scrutinize any severe deficiencies found on their recent inspection reports. This nursing home was hit with 5 deficiencies by government inspectors. The only positive thing we found is that none of the deficiencies were in the categories that suggest they posed a threat to resident health or safety. Finally, we need to draw your attention to the fact that this place received significant government fines recently amounting to over $100,000. This generally signifies that a bad performance has been an issue for several years.
Does this page answer your questions about Fairfax Health Care Center?
Short-term Care Quality
Additionally, we gave this facility an F in the category of short-term care. In forming these short-term care ratings, we assess the nursing home's skilled nursing services, such as those performed by registered nurses, respiratory therapists, physical therapists and other types of skilled professionals. The purpose is to create a scale for comparing the rehabilitation services of various nursing homes. With a grade of this caliber in this area, we weren't stunned to find this nursing home was below average in the two key staffing figures we focus on. The facility offered significantly fewer registered nurse and physical therapist hours per resident than most other facilities. Lastly, we considered the percentage of patients who were able to return to the community from this nursing home. We found that just 0 percent of this nursing home's residents returned home.
Long-term Care Quality
The final category we rated is long-term care. This nursing home received a very poor grade of F in this area. If you are looking for services other than rehabilitation, you should take a close look at each facility's long-term care ratings. In addition to looking at the amount of care provided by aids and other staff, we also looked at the number of residents vaccinated for pneumonia. Fortunately, this facility provided the vaccine to 93.90244 percent of its residents, which is an above average figure. To our surprise, this facility was able to keep its patients out of the hospital. It had just 0 hospitalizations per one thousand long-term resident days. Unfortunately, a few of its other scores in the category were not as favorable as these.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
Fairfax Health Care Center Quality Metrics
Minimizes Pressure Ulcers
In Fairfax Health Care Center, 7.79% of Patients had Pressure Ulcers
This is the percentage of patients who have had a pressure ulcer. Pressure ulcers are considered by many experts to be a measure of nursing care . Pressure ulcers, also known as bed sores, are routinely the result of patients not being moved frequently enough.
Minimizes Serious Falls
In Fairfax Health Care Center, 3.69% of Patients had Serious Falls
This indicates the percent of patients that have had a major fall. Falls leading to severe injury are routinely linked to lower levels of patient supervision. Additional nurse staffing minimizes the percentage of residents in a nursing home who sustain major falls.
Minimizes Urinary Tract Infections
In Fairfax Health Care Center, 1.8% of Patients had UTIs
This metric indicates the percentage of long-term residents who had urinary tract infections. UTI's could be an indication of a facility with worst hygiene practices. Nevertheless, this statistic could be skewed for certain facilities due to different reporting standards for urinary tract infections.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Psychotic Medication
In Fairfax Health Care Center, 13.22% of Patients use Anti-Psychotic Medication
This indicates the percentage of residents who were given antipsychotic medications. These medications are used for a variety of medical conditions, including Alzheimer's or other dementias.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Anxiety Medication
In Fairfax Health Care Center, 22.35% of Patients use Anti-Anxiety Medication
This indicates the percentage of residents prescribed antianxiety medications. These medications are commonly used to treat residents experiencing anxiety or depression.
Managing Depression Among Residents
In Fairfax Health Care Center, 20% of Patients
This is a measure of the percent of long-term stay patients who are demonstrating depressive symptoms.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In Fairfax Health Care Center, 90.19% of Patients
This is the percentage of residents who received the pneumonia and flu vaccines. High vaccination rates should be standard at this point.
Residents Maintain Autonomy
In Fairfax Health Care Center, 15.17% Percentage of Patients
This is a measure of the percentage of long-term patients who required increased assistance with activities of daily living over time. Activities of daily living include activities such as dressing and taking a bath. Many argue that this is a measure of a resident's well-being.
Ability to Keep Residents Mobile
In Fairfax Health Care Center, 18.5% Percentage of Residents
This is a measure of the percentage of long-term stay residents that maintained mobility.
Short-term Care: Rehospitalizations
In Fairfax Health Care Center, 18.5 Percentage of Residents Rehospitalized
Measures the number of rehospitalizations per 1,000 days of short-term care.
Scores for Cleveland, OH
- Overall Rating has a grade of B-minus
- Nurse Rating has a grade of C
- Long-term Care Rating has a grade of C
- Short-term Care Rating has a grade of B-minus
- Inspection Rating has a grade of B-plus
Looking for more options? Cleveland, Ohio has 47 other nursing homes
- Cleveland ClinicAcute Care Hospitals 0.27 miles away9500 Euclid Avenue Cleveland Ohio 44195Voluntary non-profit - Private(216) 445-8400
- Uh Cleveland Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 0.95 miles away11100 Euclid Avenue Cleveland Ohio 44106Voluntary non-profit - Private(216) 844-1000
- Rainbow Babies and Childrens HospitalChildrens 0.95 miles away11100 Euclid Avenue Cleveland Ohio 44106Voluntary non-profit - Other(216) 844-1000
- St Vincent Charity Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 2.69 miles away2351 East 22nd Street Cleveland Ohio 44115Voluntary non-profit - Private(216) 861-6200
- Lutheran HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 4.39 miles away1730 West 25th Street Cleveland Ohio 44113Voluntary non-profit - Private(216) 696-4300
- Metrohealth SystemAcute Care Hospitals 4.7 miles away2500 Metrohealth Drive Cleveland Ohio 44109Voluntary non-profit - Other(216) 778-7089
- Marymount HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 5.49 miles away12300 Mccracken Road Cleveland Ohio 44125Voluntary non-profit - Private(216) 581-0500
- University Hospitals Ahuja Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 7.15 miles away3999 Richmond Road Beachwood Ohio 44122Voluntary non-profit - Private(216) 593-5510
- University Hospitals of Cleveland - Dialysis0.35 miles away11100 Euclid Avenue, Suite 2100 Cleveland Ohio 44106Dialysis Stations: 20 (216) 844-1585
- Community Dialysis Center0.6 miles away11717 Euclid Avenue Cleveland Ohio 44106CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 80 (216) 229-1100
- Fmc - Ohio Renal Care Group Home Dialysis Program1.17 miles away2429 Martin Luther King Jr. Drive 2nd Floor Cleveland Ohio 44120Dialysis Stations: 5 (216) 421-1013
- Fmc - Cleveland Clinic East1.17 miles away2429 Martin Luther King Jr. Blvd. Cleveland Ohio 44104CMS Rating: 1 stars Dialysis Stations: 56 (216) 368-0004
- Cleveland Clinic Childrens Hosp for Rehabilitation1.38 miles away2801 Martin Luther King Jr Dr Cleveland Ohio 44104Dialysis Stations: 8 (216) 444-6123
- Comunity Dialysis Center1.5 miles away1370 Addison Road Cleveland Ohio 44103CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 20 (216) 431-0668
- Davita - Shaker Square Dialysis1.87 miles away12800 Shaker Blvd, Ste. 1 Cleveland Ohio 44120CMS Rating: 2 stars Dialysis Stations: 22 (216) 491-4867
- Davita - St Vincent Quadrangle Dialysis2.61 miles away2302 Community College Avenue Cleveland Ohio 44115Dialysis Stations: 13 (216) 574-4805