Fairburn Health Care Center is located in Fairburn, Georgia, a city with a population of 29,384 people. It looks like this facility is a well below average facility. A grade in this range suggests we found a few red flags. This was not the worse facility we looked at, however, we would still be very reluctant to recommend it. If you aren't deterred by this place's report card, you can continue reading to find out about its category scores. Inspection reports are discussed in the next paragraph.
Fairburn Health Care Center
- Nursing Home
Updated Jun 1, 2022 by Nick Lata
- Accepts Medicare 1
- Accepts Medicaid 1
- No CCRC
- Has Resident Council
- No Family Council
- For profit - Corporation
- Offers Post-Acute Care
- Offers Inpatient Rehab
- Speech Therapy
- Stroke Recovery
- Wound Care
- Occupational Therapy
- Cardiac Therapy
- Physical Therapy
- Respiratory Therapy
- Recreational Therapy
- Pain Management
- Orthopedic Rehabilitation
Registered Staff Hours
Although we didn't rate this nursing home favorably overall, we actually gave it an excellent grade in the category of inspections, where it received an A+. Inspection ratings are tied to many datapoints found on the a nursing home's recent inspection reports. Deficiencies are a key thing to look for on these inspections. Most importantly, you should avoid nursing homes with severe deficiencies associated with risks to resident well being. Fortunately, although this place had a few minor dings on its government inspection report, it had zero severe deficiencies. Severe deficiencies are labeled as categories G through L. This tells you the inspectors did not consider any of the deficiencies on this facility's report to pose an imminent threat to patient health or safety. A few minor deficiencies are not the end of the world.
Long-term Care Quality
Unfortunately, this facility's next best category was long-term care. Nevertheless, with a D in this area, it still fared somewhat poorly. Facilities that do not fare well in long-term care typically are not as well-staffed and are lagging in some of the areas of routine medical care we assessed. One of the datapoints we considered in addition to nursing hours is vaccinations. Frankly, we were a bit concerned this nursing home administered the pneumonia vaccine to a relatively low 17.088608 percent of its residents. To our surprise, this nursing home was actually able to limit hospitalizations. With only 0.01 hospitalizations per one thousand long-term resident days, this nursing home had less hospitalizations than the majority of nursing homes. This is its best feature in this category.
Does this page answer your questions about Fairburn Health Care Center?
Short-term Care Quality
Sadly, this facility received an F for its short-term care grade. Our short-term care ratings are based in part on a nursing home's quantity of skilled skilled healthcare professionals. This means a vast spectrum of nursing services, ranging from registered nurses to physical and speech therapists, in addition to other forms of therapy. Not surprisingly, we found that this nursing home provides far less physical therapist and registered nurse hours per resident than the average facility. The final measure we considered in this area is the number of residents who were able to leave the nursing home and return to the community. We discovered that just 5.2 percent of this facility's residents were able to return home, which is well below average. The combination of these subpar metrics sunk this facility's short-term care grade.
The last area we graded was nursing. It received an F for this area, which is an abysmal score. In calculating our nursing ratings, we assess both staffing levels and the levels of licensure of those nurses. This nursing home provides 0.3 hours of nursing care per resident per day. This is a much lower figure than we are used to seeing. Lastly, we also assessed some nursing quality-based metrics in determining our nursing scores. This facility fared well when it comes to minimizing its residents' pressure ulcers and major falls. We consider these metrics to be measures of the quality of nursing care.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
Fairburn Health Care Center Quality Metrics
Minimizes Pressure Ulcers
In Fairburn Health Care Center, 10.62% of Patients had Pressure Ulcers
This tells you the percentage of patients that sustained a pressure ulcer. Pressure ulcers, which are also known as bed sores, are often the result of patients not being moved frequently enough. Better nursing care can reduce the percentage of residents in a nursing home who sustain pressure ulcers.
Minimizes Serious Falls
In Fairburn Health Care Center, 3.1% of Patients had Serious Falls
This figure indicates the percentage of long-term residents who suffered a fall resulting in severe injury. This is one of the statistics we use in calculating nursing grades.
Minimizes Urinary Tract Infections
In Fairburn Health Care Center, 3.23% of Patients had UTIs
This tells you the percent of patients that have had a urinary tract infection. Urinary tract infections are routinely associated with worse hygiene protocols. Closer supervision can reduce the percentage of residents in a nursing home who suffer from UTI's. Note that this datapoint is affected by by the fact that nursing homes have varying reporting standards for infections.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Psychotic Medication
In Fairburn Health Care Center, 18.13% of Patients use Anti-Psychotic Medication
This indicates the percentage of residents who were prescribed antipsychotic medications. While antipsychotic drugs may be vital to many patients, it is important to confirm these medications are being used only where medically required. In limited situations, excessive reliance on these medications may indicate that a facility is using these medications to control patient behavior.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Anxiety Medication
In Fairburn Health Care Center, 21.48% of Patients use Anti-Anxiety Medication
This metric indicates the percentage of long-term stay patients receiving antianxiety medications.
Managing Depression Among Residents
In Fairburn Health Care Center, 5.43% of Patients
This is a measure of the percent of long-term care residents who are demonstrating symptoms of depression.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In Fairburn Health Care Center, 93.26% of Patients
This datapoint is a measure of the percent of long-term stay residents that have received the flu and pneumonia vaccines. Respiratory viruses can be fatal for seniors, making these types of vaccines indispensable.
Residents Maintain Autonomy
In Fairburn Health Care Center, 17.3% Percentage of Patients
This datapoint is a measure of the percent of long-term residents who needed additional assistance with activities of daily living over time. Activities of daily living include activities such as getting dressed and eating.
Ability to Keep Residents Mobile
In Fairburn Health Care Center, 23.05% Percentage of Residents
This datapoint measures the percentage of long-term stay patients who remained mobile levels. Some experts would argue that the ability to move around is important for patients health.
In Fairburn Health Care Center, 1.51 Hospitalizations per 1,000 resident days
This is the number of hospitalizations per 1,000 days of patient care. There is usually a correlation between keeping patients out of the hospital and the quality of nursing home care.
Short-term Care: Rehospitalizations
In Fairburn Health Care Center, 23.05 Percentage of Residents Rehospitalized
This tells you the number of rehospitalizations per thousand days of short-term patient care. There is generally a correlation between keeping patients out of the hospital and a nursing homes short-term rehabilitation performance.
Short-term Care: ER Visits
In Fairburn Health Care Center, 11.54 Percentage of Patients
This tells you the number of emergency room visits per 1,000 days of short-term patient care.
Short-term Care: Facilitates Functional Improvement
In Fairburn Health Care Center, 69.88% Percentage of Resident
This metric measures the percent of short-term care residents who experienced functional improvements.
- Piedmont Fayette HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 9.27 miles away1255 Highway 54 West Fayetteville Georgia 30214Voluntary non-profit - Private(770) 719-7000
- Southern Regional Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 11.2 miles away11 Upper Riverdale Road, Sw Riverdale Georgia 30274Voluntary non-profit - Private(770) 991-8160
- Wellstar Douglas HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 14.26 miles away8954 Hospital Drive Douglasville Georgia 30134Voluntary non-profit - Private(770) 949-1500
- Grady Memorial HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 17.24 miles away80 Jesse Hill, Jr Drive Se Atlanta Georgia 30303Voluntary non-profit - Private(404) 616-4252
- Piedmont Newnan Hospital, IncAcute Care Hospitals 17.76 miles away745 Poplar Road Newnan Georgia 30265Voluntary non-profit - Private(770) 400-2300
- Emory University Hospital MidtownAcute Care Hospitals 18.04 miles away550 Peachtree Street, Ne Atlanta Georgia 30308Voluntary non-profit - Private(404) 686-4411
- Wellstar Atlanta Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 18.14 miles away303 Parkway Drive, Ne Atlanta Georgia 30312Proprietary(404) 265-4000
- Wellstar Cobb HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 19.71 miles away3950 Austell Rd Austell Georgia 30106Voluntary non-profit - Other(770) 732-4000
- Union City Dialysis3 miles away6851 Shannon Parkway Suite 200 Union City Georgia 30291CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 16 (770) 774-9033
- Nra Palmetto5.03 miles away500 Walnut Way Palmetto Georgia 30268Dialysis Stations: 17 (770) 463-1442
- Total Renal Care, Inc.6.85 miles away5615 Old National Hwy Atlanta Georgia 30349Dialysis Stations: 17 (404) 762-9243
- Fresenius Medical Care College Park7.4 miles away2545 Sullivan Road Atlanta Georgia 30337Dialysis Stations: 18 (404) 591-2022
- Bma of Atlanta Inc8.43 miles away1720 Phoenix Parkway Atlanta Georgia 30349Dialysis Stations: 18 (770) 996-5889
- Dialysis Clinic, Inc. - Camp Creek8.78 miles away3492 Washington Road Atlanta Georgia 30344Dialysis Stations: 20 (678) 701-2713
- Fayetteville Dialysis9.22 miles away1279 Hwy 54 West #110 Fayetteville Georgia 30214CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 19 (678) 817-9974
- Rai Care Centers Fayetteville9.36 miles away1240 Hwy 54 West Ste 408 Fayetteville Georgia 30215Dialysis Stations: 20 (770) 460-0136