Fairburn Health Care Center is located in Fairburn, Georgia, a city with a population of 29,384 people. With a terrible overall grade of F, this nursing home isn't high on our list. This nursing home is really as bad as it gets. If you aren't deterred by this facility's report card, you can continue reading to find out about its category scores. Inspection reports are discussed in the next paragraph.
Get our free e-book to learn all about your senior care options.
Fairburn Health Care Center
- Nursing Home
Updated Apr 1, 2023 by Nick Reese
Get pricing and details on Fairburn senior living options.Get Pricing
- Accepts Medicare 1
- Accepts Medicaid 1
- No CCRC
- Has Resident Council
- No Family Council
- For profit - Partnership
- Offers Post-Acute Care
- Offers Inpatient Rehab
- Speech Therapy
- Stroke Recovery
- Wound Care
- Occupational Therapy
- Cardiac Therapy
- Physical Therapy
- Respiratory Therapy
- Recreational Therapy
- Pain Management
- Orthopedic Rehabilitation
Get our free e-book to learn all about your senior care options.
Registered Staff Hours
Although we gave this nursing home a terrible overall score, we gave it an A for our inspections rating. This score is far more impressive than the facility's overall grade. Our inspection grades weigh a host of factors included in a facility's inspection report. One key criteria we consider is the number and severity of deficiencies. You generally want to avoid places with a list of deficiencies flagged. This nursing home was assessed 3 deficiencies on its inspection report, but we were relieved to see that none of the deficiencies were considered to be severe. This indicates that the government inspectors didn't deem any of the deficiencies an immediate threat to patient safety or health. A few minor deficiencies are not the end of the world.
Long-term Care Quality
Unfortunately, this nursing home only earned a grade of D for its long-term care grade, which turns out to be one of its more respectable category grades. When nursing homes receive a grade in this range in this category it typically means the facility didn't perform well in our measures relating to patient care. On top of assessing the volume of care provided by nurses aids and other staff, we analyzed the percentage of residents vaccinated against pneumonia. We found that this facility administered the vaccine to just 90.08264 percent of its patients, which is slightly concerning. Surprisingly, this nursing home was actually decent at keeping its residents out of the hospital. It had just 0.01 hospitalizations per one thousand long-term resident days. This is its best feature in this category.
Does this page answer your questions about Fairburn Health Care Center?
Short-term Care Quality
This nursing home ended up receiving a a terrible grade in our short-term care area. It was given a lowly F in this category. Short-term care grades are typically used to grade a facility's performance with rehabilitation In order to provide highly graded rehabilitation services, facilities generally must feature higher levels of skilled nursing. These types of services include registered nurses, physical therapists, speech therapists and other highly skilled individuals. Considering its score in this area, we weren't stunned to learn that this nursing home is well below average in terms of its number of registered nurse and physical therapy hours provided to its residents based on the metrics we looked at. Honestly, this was what we expected here. Lastly, we looked at the number of patients who were able to return to the community from this facility. We found that just 0 percent of this facility's patients returned home.
The next area we rated is nursing. We gave it an F for this category, which is an abysmal score. Our nursing score is based on many data points, many of which are tied to nursing hours. This facility offered just 0.3 hours of nursing care per patient on a daily basis. This is well below average. Lastly, we also assessed some nursing quality-based metrics in computing our nursing grades. This nursing home performed well when it comes to minimizing its residents' pressure ulcers and major falls.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
Fairburn Health Care Center Quality Metrics
Minimizes Pressure Ulcers
In Fairburn Health Care Center, 14.34% of Patients had Pressure Ulcers
This tells you the percent of patients that sustained a pressure ulcer. Pressure ulcers, also referred to as bed sores, are often the result of patients staying in one position for too long. Better nursing care can limit the number of pressure ulcers sustained by residents in a nursing home.
Minimizes Serious Falls
In Fairburn Health Care Center, 2.2% of Patients had Serious Falls
This tells you the percent of patients that have had a major fall. Falls resulting in serious injuries are routinely caused by lower quality nursing care. Closer supervision can minimize the percentage of residents in a nursing home who sustain major falls.
Minimizes Urinary Tract Infections
In Fairburn Health Care Center, 0.59% of Patients had UTIs
This is the percent of patients that have had a urinary tract infection. Urinary tract infections are considered by many experts to be an indicator of the quality of nursing care . UTI's are often caused by worse hygiene protocols. Nevertheless, this datapoint could be misleading for certain facilities due to inconsistent reporting standards for these infections.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Psychotic Medication
In Fairburn Health Care Center, 16.36% of Patients use Anti-Psychotic Medication
This metric tells you the percent of long-term stay residents taking antipsychotic drugs. While antipsychotic medications play an important role in caring for many residents, it is important to make sure these medications are being used only where medically required. In some cases, increased usage of these drugs may mean a nursing home is using these medications to subdue residents.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Anxiety Medication
In Fairburn Health Care Center, 12.9% of Patients use Anti-Anxiety Medication
This figure tells you the percent of long-term residents taking antianxiety drugs.
Managing Depression Among Residents
In Fairburn Health Care Center, 0.31% of Patients
Measures the percent of long-term stay patients who are showing signs of depression. Some experts would argue that this is a measure of resident quality of life.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In Fairburn Health Care Center, 89.93% of Patients
Measures the percent of long-term stay residents that received the flu and pneumonia vaccines. Respiratory viruses can be fatal for nursing home patients, making these vaccines indispensable.
Residents Maintain Autonomy
In Fairburn Health Care Center, 28.7% of Patients
This is the percentage of residents who required more assistance with activities of daily living over time. High levels of dependence on staff for assistance with ADL's could indicate the deterioration of a patient's well-being.
Ability to Keep Residents Mobile
In Fairburn Health Care Center, 40.79% of Residents
This datapoint is a measure of the percentage of long-term stay residents that were able to retain mobility. Some would argue that mobility is critical to residents' physical and mental well-being.
In Fairburn Health Care Center, 0.01 Hospitalizations per 1,000 resident days
This metric measures the number of hospitalizations per thousand days of patient care. Minimizing hospitalizations is important to the physical health of patients.
Short-term Care: Rehospitalizations
In Fairburn Health Care Center, 40.79% of Residents Rehospitalized
This datapoint is a measure of the number of times residents are rehospitalized per 1,000 days of short-term patient care.
Short-term Care: ER Visits
In Fairburn Health Care Center, 12.95% of Patients
This metric tracks the number of times residents are sent to the emergency room per thousand days of short-term care. Avoiding medical emergencies is one way to gauge short-term care.
Short-term Care: Facilitates Functional Improvement
In Fairburn Health Care Center, 60.33% of Resident
This is the percent of short-term patients that saw functional improvements, such as enhanced ability to perform activities of daily living. Higher levels of performance with ADL's typically correlates with higher quality rehabilitation.
- Piedmont Fayette HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 9.27 miles away1255 Highway 54 West Fayetteville Georgia 30214Voluntary non-profit - Private(770) 719-7000
- Southern Regional Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 11.2 miles away11 Upper Riverdale Road, Sw Riverdale Georgia 30274Voluntary non-profit - Private(770) 991-8160
- Wellstar Douglas HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 14.26 miles away8954 Hospital Drive Douglasville Georgia 30134Voluntary non-profit - Private(770) 949-1500
- Grady Memorial HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 17.24 miles away80 Jesse Hill, Jr Drive Se Atlanta Georgia 30303Voluntary non-profit - Private(404) 616-4252
- Piedmont Newnan Hospital, IncAcute Care Hospitals 17.76 miles away745 Poplar Road Newnan Georgia 30265Voluntary non-profit - Private(770) 400-2300
- Emory University Hospital MidtownAcute Care Hospitals 18.04 miles away550 Peachtree Street, Ne Atlanta Georgia 30308Voluntary non-profit - Private(404) 686-4411
- Wellstar Atlanta Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 18.14 miles away303 Parkway Drive, Ne Atlanta Georgia 30312Proprietary(404) 265-4000
- Wellstar Cobb HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 19.71 miles away3950 Austell Rd Austell Georgia 30106Voluntary non-profit - Other(770) 732-4000
- Union City Dialysis3 miles away6851 Shannon Parkway Suite 200 Union City Georgia 30291CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 16 (770) 774-9033
- Nra Palmetto5.03 miles away500 Walnut Way Palmetto Georgia 30268Dialysis Stations: 17 (770) 463-1442
- Total Renal Care, Inc.6.85 miles away5615 Old National Hwy Atlanta Georgia 30349Dialysis Stations: 17 (404) 762-9243
- Fresenius Medical Care College Park7.4 miles away2545 Sullivan Road Atlanta Georgia 30337Dialysis Stations: 18 (404) 591-2022
- Bma of Atlanta Inc8.43 miles away1720 Phoenix Parkway Atlanta Georgia 30349Dialysis Stations: 18 (770) 996-5889
- Dialysis Clinic, Inc. - Camp Creek8.78 miles away3492 Washington Road Atlanta Georgia 30344Dialysis Stations: 20 (678) 701-2713
- Fayetteville Dialysis9.22 miles away1279 Hwy 54 West #110 Fayetteville Georgia 30214CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 19 (678) 817-9974
- Rai Care Centers Fayetteville9.36 miles away1240 Hwy 54 West Ste 408 Fayetteville Georgia 30215Dialysis Stations: 20 (770) 460-0136