Fair Acres is a very-large government-owned nursing home in Glen Riddle Lima, Pennsylvania. This is a subpar nursing home, with an overall grade of D. If you are not happy with this facility's poor overall grade, you may find your options to be limited in Glen Riddle Lima. The city has just one other nursing home. The best thing we can say about this facility is that it did not receive any F's in in any of the major categories. More information about its category grades is available below.
- Nursing Home
Updated Apr 1, 2023 by Nick Reese
340 N. Middletown Road,
Glen Riddle Lima PA 19037
55.14% estimated occupancy 1
Note: Fair Acres has been flagged for abuse in the past 12 months. We have capped this facility's overall grade accordingly.
Get our free e-book to learn all about your senior care options.
- Accepts Medicare 1
- Accepts Medicaid 1
- No CCRC
- Has Resident Council
- Has Family Council
- Government - County
- Secure Memory Care
- Offers Hospice
- Offers Respite Care
- Offers Inpatient Rehab
- Home Making
- Medical Transportation
- Speech Therapy
- IV Antibiotic Therapy
- Wound Care
- Occupational Therapy
- Tracheotomy Care
- Mental Health
- Physical Therapy
- Respiratory Therapy
- Nutritional Counseling
- Recreational Therapy
- Orthopedic Rehabilitation
Registered Staff Hours
Although we did not have many favorable things to say about this facility's overall grade, it earned a somewhat respectable inspection report this year. As a result, it received a decent grade in this category with a B-. Inspection ratings account for a host of factors found on a facility's inspection report. One of the most important criteria we rely on is the number and severity of deficiencies. This particular nursing home received 7 deficiencies on its inspection report. Another area of concern is that CMS flagged this nursing home for possible abuse or neglect. This is not what you want to see. We advise you to direct your search elsewhere.
One of the other reasons we rated this nursing home so highly is that it received a very impressive nursing grade. In that area, we awarded this facility an B-. Our nursing rating is mostly based on a facility's nurse staffing. This nursing home provided just 0.4 hours of nursing care per patient per day. This is a low total compared to most other nursing homes. Finally, despite not having the highest total nursing hours per resident, this facility actually performed admirably in the metric of preventing major falls. This is often a reliable indicator that a place has sufficient quality controls in place.
Does this page answer your questions about Fair Acres ?
Short-term Care Quality
The next category we graded was short-term care. In that area, we awarded this nursing home a decent grade of B-. In determining these short-term care grades, we look at the nursing home's skilled nursing services, such as those performed by registered nurses, occupational therapists, physical therapists and other types of skilled professionals. The objective is to formulate a measure for comparing the rehabilitation services of various facilities. In this facility's case, we were surprised to learn that it actually provides less registered nurse and physical therapist hours per patient than the average facility. The hope is that this does not adversely affect the quality of care. The final item we looked at in this area is the percentage of patients who were able to return home from the facility. We found that just 0 percent of this facility's patients returned home.
Long-term Care Quality
The last category we rated is long-term care. We gave it a grade of B- in that category. This is not a bad grade in this area. In determining our long-term care ratings, we look at the assistance with daily living received by the nursing home's residents. Once we looked at the volume of care provided by nurses and other staff, we turned to the nursing home's vaccination record. This nursing home vaccinated 96.11079 percent of its patients against pneumonia, which is better than the average nursing home. This place was able to keep its patients out of the hospital. It had less than one hospitalization per one thousand long-term resident days, which is a remarkably low number.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
Fair Acres Quality Metrics
Minimizes Pressure Ulcers
In Fair Acres , 7.61% of Patients had Pressure Ulcers
This is a measure of the percent of long-term care residents which developed pressure ulcers or bed sores. We bake this statistic into our nursing grades.
Minimizes Serious Falls
In Fair Acres , 3.38% of Patients had Serious Falls
This tells you the percent of patients who suffered from a major fall. Falls resulting in severe injuries are routinely caused by poor nursing care. Closer supervision reduces the percentage of residents in a nursing home who sustain major falls.
Minimizes Urinary Tract Infections
In Fair Acres , 1.85% of Patients had UTIs
This tells you the percent of residents that have had a urinary tract infection. These infections are sometimes linked to inadequate hygiene.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Psychotic Medication
In Fair Acres , 15.28% of Patients use Anti-Psychotic Medication
This gauges the percentage of long-term patients taking antipsychotic drugs. While antipsychotic drugs play an important role in caring for many residents, it is important to confirm these drugs are being used appropriately. In limited cases, increased usage of these drugs may indicate that a nursing home is using these drugs to subdue residents.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Anxiety Medication
In Fair Acres , 18.78% of Patients use Anti-Anxiety Medication
This indicates the percent of residents prescribed antianxiety medications. Antianxiety medications are given to patients experiencing anxiety or depression.
Managing Depression Among Residents
In Fair Acres , 3.3% of Patients
This indicates the percentage of patients who are exhibiting symptoms of depression. Increased rates of depression could imply lower quality care.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In Fair Acres , 86.27% of Patients
This indicates the percentage of residents who have received the flu and pneumonia vaccines. Higher vaccination rates should be standard at this point.
Residents Maintain Autonomy
In Fair Acres , 15.17% Percentage of Patients
This tells you the percent of patients who needed increased assistance with activities of daily living over time.
Ability to Keep Residents Mobile
In Fair Acres , 17.92% Percentage of Residents
This metric is a measure of the percentage of long-term care residents who retained mobility levels. Some would argue that the ability to move around is critical to patients physical and mental health.
In Fair Acres , 1.44 Hospitalizations per 1,000 resident days
This is a measure of the number of hospitalizations per thousand days of patient care.
Short-term Care: Rehospitalizations
In Fair Acres , 17.92 Percentage of Residents Rehospitalized
This datapoint is a measure of the number of rehospitalizations per 1,000 days of short-term resident care. Staying out of the hospital during rehabilitation is key to restoring the physical abilities of patients.
Short-term Care: ER Visits
In Fair Acres , 9.68 Percentage of Patients
This metric tracks the number of times residents are sent to the emergency room per 1,000 days of short-term patient care.
- Riddle Memorial HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 0.89 miles away1068 West Baltimore Pike Media Pennsylvania 19063Voluntary non-profit - Private(610) 566-9400
- Delaware County Memorial HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 8.69 miles away501 North Lansdowne Ave Drexel Hill Pennsylvania 19026Voluntary non-profit - Private(215) 284-8100
- Paoli HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 8.8 miles away255 West Lancaster Avenue Paoli Pennsylvania 19301Voluntary non-profit - Private(610) 648-1000
- Chester County HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 8.91 miles away701 East Marshall Street West Chester Pennsylvania 19380Voluntary non-profit - Private(610) 431-5000
- Mercy Catholic Medical Center- Mercy FitzgeraldAcute Care Hospitals 9.26 miles away1500 Lansdowne Ave Darby Pennsylvania 19023Voluntary non-profit - Private(215) 237-4000
- Main Line Hospital Bryn Mawr CampusAcute Care Hospitals 9.38 miles away130 South Bryn Mawr Ave Bryn Mawr Pennsylvania 19010Voluntary non-profit - Private(610) 526-3000
- Alfred I Dupont Hospital for ChildrenChildrens 11.51 miles away1600 Rockland Rd PO Box 269 Wilmington Delaware 19899Voluntary non-profit - Private(302) 651-4000
- Penn Presbyterian Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 13.06 miles away51 North 39th Street Philadelphia Pennsylvania 19104Voluntary non-profit - Other(215) 662-8000
- Riddle Dialysis Center0.93 miles away100 Granite Drive, Suite 106 Media Pennsylvania 19063CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 16 (610) 892-4701
- Bio-Medical Applications of Pennsylvania, Inc.5.12 miles away709 South Chester Road Swarthmore Pennsylvania 19081Dialysis Stations: 16 (610) 541-0468
- Upland Dialysis Center5.76 miles awayProfessional Office Building 2, Suite 120 One Medical Center Boulevard Chester Pennsylvania 19013CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 45 (610) 447-2825
- Davita - Broomall Dialysis5.83 miles away2835 W. Chester Pike, Suite 2 Broomall Pennsylvania 19008Dialysis Stations: 15 (610) 356-2719
- Davita - Woodlyn Dialysis6.13 miles away1310 Macdade Blvd. Woodlyn Pennsylvania 19094Dialysis Stations: 16 (610) 833-1713
- Davita - Waverly Dialysis6.63 miles awayWaverly Square 407 Baltimore Pike Morton Pennsylvania 19070CMS Rating: 2 stars Dialysis Stations: 20 (610) 690-1100
- Davita Healthcare Partners, Inc.7.03 miles away265 Wilmington West Chester Pike Chadds Ford Pennsylvania 19317Dialysis Stations: 13 (610) 558-6965
- Providence Square Home Training7.49 miles away831 Providence Rd. Clifton Heights Pennsylvania 19018Dialysis Stations: 1 (610) 626-1816