Evergreen House Health Center is a large nursing home located in East Providence, Rhode Island. Sporting an overall rating of A-, this nursing home is among the higher-graded nursing homes we looked at. This grade is even higher than the city grade of A- in East Providence, which is also an impressive grade. This facility also received impressive scores in all of the major categories. More information about these categories can be found below.
Evergreen House Health Center
- Nursing Home
Updated Sep 1, 2022 by Nick Reese
- Accepts Medicare 1
- Accepts Medicaid 1
- No CCRC
- Has Resident Council
- No Family Council
- For profit - Corporation
- Offers Post-Acute Care
- Offers Inpatient Rehab
- Offers Outpatient Rehab
- Personal Care
- Home Making
- Speech Therapy
- IV Antibiotic Therapy
- Wound Care
- Occupational Therapy
- Diabetes Management
- Physical Therapy
- Nutritional Counseling
- Recreational Therapy
Top Nursing Home in Rhode Island Awards 2019
Top Nursing Home in Rhode Island Awards 2020
Top Nursing Home in Rhode Island Awards 2021
Registered Staff Hours
On top of receiving a quality overall grade, this nursing home also earned excellent government inspections recently. We awarded it one of our best grades in that area, with an A. Inspection grades weigh several factors, including deficiencies, substantiated complaints and federal fines. You can find more information about each of these factors by reviewing copies of nursing homes' inspection reports. This particular nursing home had just a single deficiency on its inspection report and it was not one deemed to pose a threat to patient health or safety. Finally, this facility had no substantiated complaints this year from residents, which is an excellent sign.
Short-term Care Quality
We also want to point out the fact that this facility was awarded an elite score of A- in our short-term care area. Short-term care grades are based in part on a facility's quantity of highly-skilled skilled healthcare professionals. This means a vast spectrum of nursing services, ranging from registered nurses to physical and speech therapists, as well as other forms of therapy. Fortunately, it looks like this nursing home has registered nurses on staff. Not all nursing homes employs these types of nurses. However, according to the information they provided, it does not look like the facility employs physical therapists. The last metric we assessed in this area is the number of patients who who were able to eventually return home from the nursing home. We found that 5.5 percent of this nursing home's residents returned home as opposed to remaining at the nursing home on a permanent basis.
Does this page answer your questions about Evergreen House Health Center?
Long-term Care Quality
Additionally, this facility also was given favorable long-term care grades in our assessment. Indeed, we awarded them one of our more favorable grades in that area, with a score of B+. Long-term care ratings in this range generally require both around the clock care from nurses and aids, as well as quality routine healthcare services. On top of assessing the quantity of care provided by nurses aids and other staff, we analyzed the number of residents vaccinated against pneumonia. This nursing home vaccinated 99.431816 percent of its patients. Vaccines are critical to keeping residents out of the hospital. Lastly, this nursing home was able to limit hospitalizations. In fact, it had only 0.01 hospitalizations per one thousand long-term resident days, which is an impressively low figure.
The final category we looked at was nursing, in which this nursing home was given a B. This actually was this nursing home's worst category. A nursing home is doing something right when it's weakest grade still is superior to most other facilities. Nursing scores are based largely on quality and quantity of nursing care. This nursing home provides 0.4 hours of nursing care per resident per day. Finally, our nursing grades also factor in quality-based assessments, such as avoiding major falls. This facility performed well in this area. Avoiding major falls is typically a good indicator that a nursing home has reliable quality controls in place. Major falls can typically be avoided if more nurses aids and better safety protocols are in place.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
Evergreen House Health Center Quality Metrics
Minimizes Pressure Ulcers
In Evergreen House Health Center, 7.49% of Patients had Pressure Ulcers
This is the percent of patients who sustained a pressure ulcer. Pressure ulcers are considered by many in the nursing home industry to be a measure of the quality of nursing care . Pressure ulcers, which are also referred to as bed sores, are routinely caused by residents staying in one position for too long.
Minimizes Serious Falls
In Evergreen House Health Center, 3.74% of Patients had Serious Falls
This is the percentage of patients who suffered from a major fall. Falls resulting in severe injuries are often the result of lower quality nursing care. Better nursing care can reduce the percentage of residents in a nursing home who sustain major falls.
Minimizes Urinary Tract Infections
In Evergreen House Health Center, 2.83% of Patients had UTIs
This is the percentage of patients who sustained a urinary tract infection. These infections may be linked to poorer hygiene.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Psychotic Medication
In Evergreen House Health Center, 17.89% of Patients use Anti-Psychotic Medication
This statistic is an indication of the percentage of long-term stay patients receiving antipsychotic drugs. While antipsychotic drugs play an important role in caring for many residents, it is important to ensure these drugs are being used only where medically required. In some cases, excessive reliance on these medications may indicate a nursing home is using these medications to control patient behavior.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Anxiety Medication
In Evergreen House Health Center, 15.01% of Patients use Anti-Anxiety Medication
This datapoint tells you the percent of long-term care patients taking antianxiety medications.
Managing Depression Among Residents
In Evergreen House Health Center, 2.58% of Patients
This is a measure of the percentage of long-term care residents exhibiting depressive symptoms.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In Evergreen House Health Center, 94.38% of Patients
This datapoint is a measure of the percent of long-term stay residents who were given the flu and pneumonia vaccines. Respiratory viruses can be deadly for nursing home residents, making these vaccines critical to patient well-being.
Residents Maintain Autonomy
In Evergreen House Health Center, 16.46% Percentage of Patients
This metric measures the percent of long-term patients who required additional assistance with activities of daily living over time. Activities of daily living include activities such as getting dressed and taking a bath.
Ability to Keep Residents Mobile
In Evergreen House Health Center, 20.63% Percentage of Residents
This datapoint is a measure of the percentage of long-term care patients who maintained mobility.
In Evergreen House Health Center, 1.22 Hospitalizations per 1,000 resident days
This indicates the number of hospitalizations per 1,000 days of patient care. There is typically a correlation between keeping patients out of the hospital and the overall quality of nursing home care.
Short-term Care: Rehospitalizations
In Evergreen House Health Center, 20.63 Percentage of Residents Rehospitalized
This tells you the number of rehospitalizations per thousand days of short-term patient care.
Short-term Care: ER Visits
In Evergreen House Health Center, 12.45 Percentage of Patients
Measures the number of emergency room visits per 1,000 days of short-term patient care.
Short-term Care: Facilitates Functional Improvement
In Evergreen House Health Center, 77.52% Percentage of Resident
This tells you the percentage of short-term stay patients who experienced functional improvements, such as with activities of daily living. Higher levels of autonomy with ADL's generally correlates with higher quality rehabilitation.
Scores for East Providence, RI
- Overall Rating has a grade of A-minus
- Nurse Rating has a grade of B-plus
- Long-term Care Rating has a grade of B
- Short-term Care Rating has a grade of A-minus
- Inspection Rating has a grade of A
Looking for more options? East Providence, Rhode Island has 6 other nursing homes
- Emma Pendleton Bradley HospitalPsychiatric 1.49 miles away1011 Veterans Memorial Parkway Riverside Rhode Island 02915Voluntary non-profit - Private(401) 432-1000
- Rhode Island HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 3.17 miles away593 Eddy Street Providence Rhode Island 02903Voluntary non-profit - Private(401) 444-4000
- Women & Infants Hospital of Rhode IslandAcute Care Hospitals 3.39 miles away101 Dudley Street Providence Rhode Island 02905Voluntary non-profit - Private(401) 274-1100
- The Miriam HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 4.07 miles away164 Summit Avenue Providence Rhode Island 02906Voluntary non-profit - Private(401) 793-2500
- Roger Williams Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 4.9 miles away825 Chalkstone Avenue Providence Rhode Island 02908Proprietary(401) 456-2025
- Our Lady of Fatima HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 6.65 miles away200 High Service Avenue Providence Rhode Island 02904Proprietary(401) 456-3000
- Kent County Memorial HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 9.97 miles away455 Toll Gate Rd Warwick Rhode Island 02886Proprietary(401) 737-7010
- Sturdy Memorial HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 10.2 miles away211 Park Street Attleboro Massachusetts 02703Voluntary non-profit - Other(508) 222-5200
- Dialysis Center of East Providence0.69 miles away318 Waterman Avenue East Providence Rhode Island 02914CMS Rating: 5 stars Dialysis Stations: 21 (401) 435-5200
- Dialysis Center of Rhode Island Hospital0.83 miles away950 Warren Avenue Suite 101 East Providence Rhode Island 02914Dialysis Stations: 12 (401) 606-1002
- The Dialysis Center of Rhode Island Hospital1.36 miles away22 Baker Street Providence Rhode Island 02905Dialysis Stations: 18 (401) 444-4440
- Dialysis Center of Providence3.85 miles away9 Plenty Street Providence Rhode Island 02907Dialysis Stations: 21 (401) 273-4898
- Nna of Providence4.21 miles away125 Corliss Street Providence Rhode Island 02904CMS Rating: 5 stars Dialysis Stations: 22 (401) 521-9300
- Nna - Pawtucket4.93 miles away79 Division Street Pawtucket Rhode Island 02860CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 15 (401) 723-9995
- Dialysis Center of Pawtucket5.2 miles away201 Armistice Boulevard Pawtucket Rhode Island 02860CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 21 (401) 722-3313
- Davita North Providence Renal Center6.67 miles away1635 Mineral Spring Ave. Providence Rhode Island 02904Dialysis Stations: 18 (401) 354-5340