Evergreen House Health Center is a large nursing home located in East Providence, Rhode Island. Sporting an overall rating of A-, this nursing home is among the higher-graded nursing homes we looked at. This grade is even higher than the city grade of B+ in East Providence, which is also an impressive grade. This facility also received impressive scores in all of the major categories. More information about these categories can be found below.
Get our free e-book to learn all about your senior care options.
Evergreen House Health Center
- Nursing Home
Updated Apr 1, 2023 by Nick Reese
Get pricing and details on East Providence senior living options.Get Pricing
- Accepts Medicare 1
- Accepts Medicaid 1
- No CCRC
- Has Resident Council
- No Family Council
- For profit - Corporation
- Offers Post-Acute Care
- Offers Inpatient Rehab
- Offers Outpatient Rehab
- Personal Care
- Home Making
- Speech Therapy
- IV Antibiotic Therapy
- Wound Care
- Occupational Therapy
- Diabetes Management
- Physical Therapy
- Nutritional Counseling
- Recreational Therapy
Get our free e-book to learn all about your senior care options.
Top Nursing Home in Rhode Island Awards 2019
Top Nursing Home in Rhode Island Awards 2020
Top Nursing Home in Rhode Island Awards 2021
Registered Staff Hours
On top of receiving a quality overall grade, this nursing home also earned excellent government inspections recently. We awarded it one of our best grades in that area, with an A. Inspection grades weigh several factors, including deficiencies, substantiated complaints and federal fines. You can find more information about each of these factors by reviewing copies of nursing homes' inspection reports. This particular nursing home had just a single deficiency on its inspection report and it was not one deemed to pose a threat to patient health or safety. Finally, this facility had no substantiated complaints this year from residents, which is an excellent sign.
Long-term Care Quality
We also want to point out the fact that this facility was awarded an elite score of A in our long-term care area. When facilities receive a grade in this range in long-term care it generally means it has plenty of staff and is an overall good place to reside on a permanent basis. On top of assessing the volume of care provided by nurses aids and other staff, we also looked at the number of residents vaccinated for pneumonia. This facility vaccinated 99.39024 percent of its residents. Vaccines are vital to keeping residents out of the hospital. Clearly, this nursing home is doing something right in this area as it was able to keep its patients out of the hospital. In fact, it had less than one hospitalization per 1,000 long-term resident days, which is an impressively low number.
Does this page answer your questions about Evergreen House Health Center?
Short-term Care Quality
Moving on our third area, this facility was given a strong short-term care grade. In fact, we awarded it a grade of A- in this category. Our short-term care scores are important for residents needing rehabilitation. Rehabilitation usually requires additional highly-skilled nursing. This includes a vast spectrum of services, ranging from registered nurses to physical and respiratory therapists, as well as other variations of therapy. Fortunately, it appear that this facility employs registered nurses. Not all facilities employs these types of nurses. However, according to the information this nursing home provided, they do not appear to employ physical therapists. Finally, we looked at the number of residents that eventually returned home from this nursing home. We found that 5.5 percent of this facility's patients returned home.
In our final category, we gave this facility a A for its nursing grade. This topped off a very impressive profile. The nursing grade analyzes quite a few components, but the most important one is the number of nurse hours per patient per week. This nursing home provides 0.4 hours of nursing care per resident per day. Finally, our nursing grades also factor in quality-based assessments, such as avoiding major falls. This nursing home performed well in this area. Avoiding major falls is typically a good indicator that a place has reliable quality controls in place. Major falls can frequently be avoided if more nurses aids and better safety protocols are in place.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
Evergreen House Health Center Quality Metrics
Minimizes Pressure Ulcers
In Evergreen House Health Center, 6.67% of Patients had Pressure Ulcers
This metric gauges the percent of long-term care patients who developed pressure ulcers . We consider this statistic when determining our nursing grades.
Minimizes Serious Falls
In Evergreen House Health Center, 5.49% of Patients had Serious Falls
This figure measures the percent of long-term patients which have had falls which resulted in major injury. Falls can happen for a variety of reasons, but high rates of falls resulting in injuries may be an indication of lower levels of patient supervision.
Minimizes Urinary Tract Infections
In Evergreen House Health Center, 2.17% of Patients had UTIs
This datapoint is an indication of the percent of long-term care patients who have experienced a UTI. UTI's could be an indicator of lower quality nursing care. However, this metric may also be misleading for some nursing homes due to varying reporting standards for urinary tract infections.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Psychotic Medication
In Evergreen House Health Center, 11.65% of Patients use Anti-Psychotic Medication
This indicates the percent of patients who were given antipsychotic drugs. While antipsychotic medications may be vital to many patients, it is important to ensure these drugs are being used appropriately. In some situations, high levels of antipsychotic drug use may indicate that a nursing home is using these drugs to subdue residents.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Anxiety Medication
In Evergreen House Health Center, 15.38% of Patients use Anti-Anxiety Medication
This datapoint measures the percentage of long-term patients who were given antianxiety medication. These drugs are commonly given to patients suffering from depression or anxiety.
Managing Depression Among Residents
In Evergreen House Health Center, 2.31% of Patients
This indicates the percent of residents who are demonstrating depressive symptoms. High rates of depression may imply a lower level of care.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In Evergreen House Health Center, 98.13% of Patients
This datapoint is a measure of the percentage of long-term care patients that received the pneumonia and flu vaccines. Respiratory viruses can be fatal for nursing home residents, making these vaccines vital to patient care.
Residents Maintain Autonomy
In Evergreen House Health Center, 15.09% of Patients
This is the percent of residents who required increased assistance with activities of daily living over time. Higher levels of dependence on staff for assistance with ADL's could indicate erosion of a resident's well-being.
Ability to Keep Residents Mobile
In Evergreen House Health Center, 19.86% of Residents
This datapoint measures the percent of long-term stay residents who retained mobility levels. Many in the industry believe that mobility is important for patients mental and physical health.
Short-term Care: Rehospitalizations
In Evergreen House Health Center, 19.86% of Residents Rehospitalized
This tells you the number of times residents are rehospitalized per thousand days of short-term care.
Short-term Care: ER Visits
In Evergreen House Health Center, 11.06% of Patients
This datapoint is a measure of the number of emergency room visits per thousand days of short-term patient care.
Short-term Care: Facilitates Functional Improvement
In Evergreen House Health Center, 68.62% of Resident
Measures the percentage of short-term stay patients who experienced functional improvements.
- Emma Pendleton Bradley HospitalPsychiatric 1.49 miles away1011 Veterans Memorial Parkway Riverside Rhode Island 02915Voluntary non-profit - Private(401) 432-1000
- Rhode Island HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 3.17 miles away593 Eddy Street Providence Rhode Island 02903Voluntary non-profit - Private(401) 444-4000
- Women & Infants Hospital of Rhode IslandAcute Care Hospitals 3.39 miles away101 Dudley Street Providence Rhode Island 02905Voluntary non-profit - Private(401) 274-1100
- The Miriam HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 4.07 miles away164 Summit Avenue Providence Rhode Island 02906Voluntary non-profit - Private(401) 793-2500
- Roger Williams Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 4.9 miles away825 Chalkstone Avenue Providence Rhode Island 02908Proprietary(401) 456-2025
- Our Lady of Fatima HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 6.65 miles away200 High Service Avenue Providence Rhode Island 02904Proprietary(401) 456-3000
- Kent County Memorial HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 9.97 miles away455 Toll Gate Rd Warwick Rhode Island 02886Proprietary(401) 737-7010
- Sturdy Memorial HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 10.2 miles away211 Park Street Attleboro Massachusetts 02703Voluntary non-profit - Other(508) 222-5200
- Dialysis Center of East Providence0.69 miles away318 Waterman Avenue East Providence Rhode Island 02914CMS Rating: 5 stars Dialysis Stations: 21 (401) 435-5200
- Dialysis Center of Rhode Island Hospital0.83 miles away950 Warren Avenue Suite 101 East Providence Rhode Island 02914Dialysis Stations: 12 (401) 606-1002
- The Dialysis Center of Rhode Island Hospital1.36 miles away22 Baker Street Providence Rhode Island 02905Dialysis Stations: 18 (401) 444-4440
- Dialysis Center of Providence3.85 miles away9 Plenty Street Providence Rhode Island 02907Dialysis Stations: 21 (401) 273-4898
- Nna of Providence4.21 miles away125 Corliss Street Providence Rhode Island 02904CMS Rating: 5 stars Dialysis Stations: 22 (401) 521-9300
- Nna - Pawtucket4.93 miles away79 Division Street Pawtucket Rhode Island 02860CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 15 (401) 723-9995
- Dialysis Center of Pawtucket5.2 miles away201 Armistice Boulevard Pawtucket Rhode Island 02860CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 21 (401) 722-3313
- Davita North Providence Renal Center6.67 miles away1635 Mineral Spring Ave. Providence Rhode Island 02904Dialysis Stations: 18 (401) 354-5340