Evergreen House Health Center is a large nursing home located in East Providence, Rhode Island. Sporting an overall rating of A-, this nursing home is among the higher-graded nursing homes we looked at. This grade is even higher than the city grade of B+ in East Providence, which is also an impressive grade. This facility also received impressive scores in all of the major categories. More information about these categories can be found below.
Evergreen House Health Center
- Nursing Home
Updated Jun 1, 2022 by Nick Lata
- Accepts Medicare 1
- Accepts Medicaid 1
- No CCRC
- Has Resident Council
- No Family Council
- For profit - Corporation
- Offers Post-Acute Care
- Offers Inpatient Rehab
- Offers Outpatient Rehab
- Personal Care
- Home Making
- Speech Therapy
- IV Antibiotic Therapy
- Wound Care
- Occupational Therapy
- Diabetes Management
- Physical Therapy
- Nutritional Counseling
- Recreational Therapy
Registered Staff Hours
One of the reasons this place turned out to be a great nursing home is that it earned an A+ inspection grade. This is as good as it gets in this very important category. These inspection ratings take several factors into consideration, including deficiencies and substantiated complaints. You can find more information about each of these factors by reviewing copies of nursing homes' inspection reports. This particular nursing home had just a single deficiency on its inspection report and it was not one deemed to pose a threat to patient health or safety. Finally, this facility had no substantiated complaints this year from residents, which is an excellent sign.
Short-term Care Quality
Contributing to its top-shelf resume, this nursing home also received a superb short-term care grade, with a score of A-. Our short-term care ratings are presumably more important for folks requiring rehabilitation services. Rehabilitation typically utilizes more highly-skilled nursing. Skilled nursing includes not just nursing services, but also physical and respiratory therapy, as well as other types of therapy. Fortunately, it looks like this facility has registered nurses on staff. Not all nursing homes employs these skilled professionals. On the other hand, according to the data this nursing home provided, they do not appear to employ physical therapists. Finally, we assessed the number of patients who were able to return to the community from this facility. We found that 6 percent of this nursing home's residents returned home.
Does this page answer your questions about Evergreen House Health Center?
Long-term Care Quality
This nursing home also received an impressive long-term care grade. Indeed, we awarded it an above average grade of B in this area. When facilities receive this type of grade in long-term care it is usually a good sign for patient care and indicates that the place is well-staffed with nurses and aids. After considering the volume of care provided by nurses, we next considered the nursing home's vaccination data. This facility vaccinated 99.72067 percent of its patients against pneumonia, which is an impressive figure. Pneumonia is often a life threatening condition for nursing home patients so we strongly prefer when a facility doesn't leave this to chance. Finally, this place was able to limit hospitalizations. In fact, it had less than one hospitalization per 1,000 long-term resident days, which is an impressively low figure.
The last area we looked at is nursing. We gave this facility one of our more favorable grades in this category, with a B. Although this wasn't as high as a few of this nursing home's other scores, it is still a fine score. Our nursing score is largely tied to the facility's level of nurse staffing. This nursing home averages 0.3 hours of nursing care per resident per day. Finally, we also looked at some nursing quality measures in determining our nursing grades. This nursing home performed very well in terms of avoiding pressure ulcers and major falls. We consider these areas to be good indicators of the quality of nursing care.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
Evergreen House Health Center Quality Metrics
Minimizes Pressure Ulcers
In Evergreen House Health Center, 7.54% of Patients had Pressure Ulcers
This is the percent of patients that sustained a pressure ulcer. Pressure ulcers are skin damage resulting from remaining in one position for an excessive period of time.
Minimizes Serious Falls
In Evergreen House Health Center, 3.81% of Patients had Serious Falls
This figure gauges the percent of long-term patients who experienced a fall which caused severe injury. Falls can happen for a variety of reasons, but excessive numbers of falls could be an indication of poor nursing care.
Minimizes Urinary Tract Infections
In Evergreen House Health Center, 2.72% of Patients had UTIs
This measures the percentage of long-term residents which have had UTI's. UTI's may be a sign of a nursing home with worse hygiene protocols. However, this statistic could also be skewed for certain facilities due to inconsistent reporting standards for UTI's.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Psychotic Medication
In Evergreen House Health Center, 17.75% of Patients use Anti-Psychotic Medication
This is the percent of residents prescribed antipsychotic drugs. These drugs are sometimes used for treating several conditions, including cognitive disorders.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Anxiety Medication
In Evergreen House Health Center, 15.06% of Patients use Anti-Anxiety Medication
This statistic gauges the percent of long-term care residents who were prescribed antianxiety drugs. These medications are used to treat patients experiencing anxiety and depression.
Managing Depression Among Residents
In Evergreen House Health Center, 2.96% of Patients
This metric measures the percent of long-term patients who are exhibiting symptoms of depression.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In Evergreen House Health Center, 94.59% of Patients
Measures the percent of long-term stay patients who received the flu and pneumonia vaccines. Respiratory viruses can be deadly for seniors, making these vaccines critical to patient safety.
Residents Maintain Autonomy
In Evergreen House Health Center, 17.47% Percentage of Patients
This metric measures the percentage of long-term stay patients who needed increased assistance with activities of daily living over time. ADL's include activities such as getting dressed and continence. Many would argue that this is a reasonable measure of a patient's well-being.
Ability to Keep Residents Mobile
In Evergreen House Health Center, 23.44% Percentage of Residents
This is the percent of residents who maintained mobility over time. Retaining mobility is often a good sign for residents' well-being.
In Evergreen House Health Center, 1.17 Hospitalizations per 1,000 resident days
Measures the number of times residents are hospitalized per 1,000 days of patient care.
Short-term Care: Rehospitalizations
In Evergreen House Health Center, 23.44 Percentage of Residents Rehospitalized
This datapoint is a measure of the number of times residents are rehospitalized per thousand days of short-term resident care. Minimizing rehospitalizations during rehabilitation is important to restoring the physical abilities of patients.
Short-term Care: ER Visits
In Evergreen House Health Center, 11.31 Percentage of Patients
Measures the number of emergency room visits per thousand days of short-term patient care.
Short-term Care: Facilitates Functional Improvement
In Evergreen House Health Center, 77.51% Percentage of Resident
This metric is a measure of the percentage of short-term patients that saw functional improvements.
Scores for East Providence, RI
- Overall Rating has a grade of B-plus
- Nurse Rating has a grade of B-plus
- Long-term Care Rating has a grade of B-minus
- Short-term Care Rating has a grade of A-minus
- Inspection Rating has a grade of A
Looking for more options? East Providence, Rhode Island has 6 other nursing homes
- Emma Pendleton Bradley HospitalPsychiatric 1.49 miles away1011 Veterans Memorial Parkway Riverside Rhode Island 02915Voluntary non-profit - Private(401) 432-1000
- Rhode Island HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 3.17 miles away593 Eddy Street Providence Rhode Island 02903Voluntary non-profit - Private(401) 444-4000
- Women & Infants Hospital of Rhode IslandAcute Care Hospitals 3.39 miles away101 Dudley Street Providence Rhode Island 02905Voluntary non-profit - Private(401) 274-1100
- The Miriam HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 4.07 miles away164 Summit Avenue Providence Rhode Island 02906Voluntary non-profit - Private(401) 793-2500
- Roger Williams Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 4.9 miles away825 Chalkstone Avenue Providence Rhode Island 02908Proprietary(401) 456-2025
- Our Lady of Fatima HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 6.65 miles away200 High Service Avenue Providence Rhode Island 02904Proprietary(401) 456-3000
- Kent County Memorial HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 9.97 miles away455 Toll Gate Rd Warwick Rhode Island 02886Proprietary(401) 737-7010
- Sturdy Memorial HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 10.2 miles away211 Park Street Attleboro Massachusetts 02703Voluntary non-profit - Other(508) 222-5200
- Dialysis Center of East Providence0.69 miles away318 Waterman Avenue East Providence Rhode Island 02914CMS Rating: 5 stars Dialysis Stations: 21 (401) 435-5200
- Dialysis Center of Rhode Island Hospital0.83 miles away950 Warren Avenue Suite 101 East Providence Rhode Island 02914Dialysis Stations: 12 (401) 606-1002
- The Dialysis Center of Rhode Island Hospital1.36 miles away22 Baker Street Providence Rhode Island 02905Dialysis Stations: 18 (401) 444-4440
- Dialysis Center of Providence3.85 miles away9 Plenty Street Providence Rhode Island 02907Dialysis Stations: 21 (401) 273-4898
- Nna of Providence4.21 miles away125 Corliss Street Providence Rhode Island 02904CMS Rating: 5 stars Dialysis Stations: 22 (401) 521-9300
- Nna - Pawtucket4.93 miles away79 Division Street Pawtucket Rhode Island 02860CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 15 (401) 723-9995
- Dialysis Center of Pawtucket5.2 miles away201 Armistice Boulevard Pawtucket Rhode Island 02860CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 21 (401) 722-3313
- Davita North Providence Renal Center6.67 miles away1635 Mineral Spring Ave. Providence Rhode Island 02904Dialysis Stations: 18 (401) 354-5340