Evergreen Health Care Center is the lone option we found in Stafford Springs, Connecticut. This facility was awarded an overall grade of B, which is favorable score. Based on our assessment, you can do much worse than this nursing home. This place's strong profile was highlighted by its inspection score, which we will address in the next section.
Evergreen Health Care Center
- Nursing Home
- Assisted Living
Updated Sep 1, 2022 by Nick Reese
- Accepts Medicare 1
- Accepts Medicaid 1
- No CCRC
- Has Resident Council
- Has Family Council
- For profit - Corporation
- Offers Hospice
- Offers Post-Acute Care
- Offers Respite Care
- Offers Inpatient Rehab
- Medication Management
- Speech Therapy
- Stroke Recovery
- IV Antibiotic Therapy
- Wound Care
- Occupational Therapy
- Cardiac Therapy
- Tracheotomy Care
- Peritoneal Dialysis
- Physical Therapy
- Respiratory Therapy
- Nutritional Counseling
- Recreational Therapy
- Blood Administration
- Orthopedic Rehabilitation
- Catheter Care
- Lymphedema Care
- Total Parenteral Nutrition
Registered Staff Hours
To go along with its strong overall grade, we awarded this nursing home a grade of A+ for our inspections rating. Inspection grades weigh several factors, including deficiencies and federal fines. You can learn more about each of these issues by obtaining copies of nursing homes' inspection reports. This particular nursing home received 4 deficiencies on its inspection report. Overall, this is still a good inspection report, but we'd always recommend looking into any deficiencies you find troubling.
Short-term Care Quality
This facility is also strong in the area of short-term care, where it was given a grade of B+. It outpaced most facilities in this area. Short-term care grades are typically used to assess a nursing home's rehabilitation services. To have highly graded rehabilitation services, facilities generally need to offer better levels of skilled nursing services. Skilled nursing includes registered nurses, physical therapists, speech therapists and other highly trained professionals. Unfortunately, it does not look like this nursing home submitted data regarding its registered nurse or physical therapy staffing. Finally, we assessed the number of residents that returned home from this nursing home. We found that 6.4 percent of this facility's residents were able to return home.
Does this page answer your questions about Evergreen Health Care Center?
This nursing home's next best category was nursing. We awarded it a grade of B- in this category. While this wasn't quite as good as some of its other category grades, this isn't a bad score either. Our nursing grade is based on a variety of factors. The most heavily weighted factor is the quantity of hours nurses spend with residents. This particular facility provided just 0.3 hours of nursing care per patient per day. This figure is significantly below the national average. Lastly, we also looked at some nursing quality measures. While this place got dinged a bit for nursing hours, it actually excelled in some of these quality measures. With fewer than five percent of its patients experiencing pressure ulcers, it did remarkably well in this statistic. This can be a good indicator of quality nursing care. Pressure ulcers can typically be prevented by providing better nursing care, such as having a policy of moving patients even once per day.
Long-term Care Quality
The final area we scored was long-term care, is this nursing home's weakest area. We gave this nursing home a D in that area. This really was one of just a couple of dings of a quality report card. When facilities receive a grade in this range in this category it typically means the nursing home did not perform well in our measures relating to patient care. In addition to looking at the amount of care provided by aids and other staff, we looked at the percentage of residents vaccinated for pneumonia. This facility vaccinated 70.450096 percent of its patients. This is significantly less than the national average. To our surprise, this facility was actually decent at keeping its residents out of the hospital. In fact, it had just 0.01 hospitalizations per one thousand long-term resident days. This is its best feature in this category.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
Evergreen Health Care Center Quality Metrics
Minimizes Pressure Ulcers
In Evergreen Health Care Center, 6.69% of Patients had Pressure Ulcers
This metric gauges the percent of long-term patients that suffer from new or worsened pressure ulcers. We have found that pressure ulcers are a reliable indicator of a facility's nursing care quality.
Minimizes Serious Falls
In Evergreen Health Care Center, 3.55% of Patients had Serious Falls
This statistic indicates the percent of long-term residents that suffered falls resulting in severe injury. This is one of the statistics we use in calculating nursing grades.
Minimizes Urinary Tract Infections
In Evergreen Health Care Center, 1.93% of Patients had UTIs
This is the percentage of patients who sustained a urinary tract infection. UTI's are routinely the result of facilities with worst hygiene practices. More frequent bathing can reduce the percentage of residents in a nursing home who suffer from UTI's. We want to point out that this statistic is sometimes skewed by the fact that facilities have different reporting standards for infections.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Psychotic Medication
In Evergreen Health Care Center, 14.74% of Patients use Anti-Psychotic Medication
This tells you the percent of patients who were given antipsychotic drugs. While antipsychotic drugs may be vital to many patients, it is important to confirm these medications are being used appropriately. In some cases, excessive reliance on these medications may mean that a facility is using these drugs to control patient behavior.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Anxiety Medication
In Evergreen Health Care Center, 17.2% of Patients use Anti-Anxiety Medication
This datapoint indicates the percent of long-term residents who are given antianxiety medication. These drugs are generally given to residents suffering from depression and anxiety.
Managing Depression Among Residents
In Evergreen Health Care Center, 6.52% of Patients
This indicates the percentage of residents who are showing symptoms of depression.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In Evergreen Health Care Center, 88.27% of Patients
This metric is a measure of the percentage of long-term residents who were vaccinated against pneumonia and flu.
Residents Maintain Autonomy
In Evergreen Health Care Center, 17.82% Percentage of Patients
This is the percentage of patients that required more assistance with activities of daily living over time. High levels of dependence on staff for assistance with ADL's could be a sign of deterioration of a patient's well-being.
Ability to Keep Residents Mobile
In Evergreen Health Care Center, 22.18% Percentage of Residents
This indicates the percentage of patients that were able to retain mobility over time. Optimizing mobility is often a good sign for residents' well-being.
In Evergreen Health Care Center, 1.49 Hospitalizations per 1,000 resident days
This is the number of times residents are hospitalized per 1,000 days of patient care.
Short-term Care: Rehospitalizations
In Evergreen Health Care Center, 22.18 Percentage of Residents Rehospitalized
This metric tracks the number of times residents are rehospitalized per thousand days of short-term patient care. Staying out of the hospital during rehabilitation is critical to restoring the physical well-being of patients.
Short-term Care: ER Visits
In Evergreen Health Care Center, 9.56 Percentage of Patients
This datapoint is a measure of the number of emergency room visits per thousand days of short-term care. Avoiding medical emergencies is one way to assess patient care during rehabilitation.
Short-term Care: Facilitates Functional Improvement
In Evergreen Health Care Center, 75.26% Percentage of Resident
Measures the percent of short-term patients who experienced functional improvements, such as with activities of daily living. Some experts believe that this is a reasonable measure of rehabilitation performance.
- Rockville General HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 8.38 miles away31 Union St Vernon Rockville Connecticut 06066Proprietary(860) 872-5160
- Baystate Wing Hospital and Medical CentersAcute Care Hospitals 13.63 miles away40 Wright Street Palmer Massachusetts 01069Voluntary non-profit - Other(413) 283-7651
- Mercy Medical CtrAcute Care Hospitals 13.95 miles away271 Carew Street Springfield Massachusetts 01104Voluntary non-profit - Private(413) 748-9000
- Baystate Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 14.61 miles away759 Chestnut Street Springfield Massachusetts 01199Voluntary non-profit - Private(413) 794-0000
- Manchester Memorial HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 15.46 miles away71 Haynes St Manchester Connecticut 06040Proprietary(860) 647-4780
- Harrington Memorial Hospital-1Acute Care Hospitals 19.19 miles away100 South Street Southbridge Massachusetts 01550Voluntary non-profit - Private(508) 765-9771
- Holyoke Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 19.34 miles away575 Beech Street Holyoke Massachusetts 01040Voluntary non-profit - Private(413) 534-2500
- Palomba Drive Dialysis9.15 miles away51 Palomba Drive Enfield Connecticut 06082Dialysis Stations: 10 (860) 749-0476
- Enfield Dialysis Center9.67 miles away113 Elm Street Enfield Connecticut 06082Dialysis Stations: 13 (860) 745-9800
- Davita Vernon Dialysis Center11.39 miles away460 Hartford Turnpike Vernon Rockville Connecticut 06066CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 22 (860) 896-1537
- East Springfield Dialysis (Bma of Massachusetts)12.52 miles away1515 State Street Springfield Massachusetts 01109CMS Rating: 5 stars Dialysis Stations: 16 (413) 732-1586
- Springfield Dialysis Center13.09 miles away125 Liberty Street, Suite 101 Springfield Massachusetts 01103Dialysis Stations: 16 (413) 736-9600
- Ara-Ludlow Dialysis, LLC13.25 miles away14 Chestnut Place, Suite B Ludlow Massachusetts 01056CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 13 (413) 583-7983
- Heritage Dialysis Center, LLC13.43 miles away67 Cooper Street Agawam Massachusetts 01001Dialysis Stations: 13 (413) 786-2022
- Fmc Dialysis Services of Palmer13.59 miles away42 Wright Street Palmer Massachusetts 01069Dialysis Stations: 13 (413) 284-0700