Evergreen Health Care Center is a large nursing home located in Somers, Connecticut. It looks like this is a good nursing home. We awarded it an overall grade of B, which is a respectable score. This nursing home definitely has plenty working in its favor. This place was stronger in some categories than others, but it did not have any bad scores in any of the major categories. More information about these categories can be found below.
Evergreen Health Care Center
- Nursing Home
- Independent Living
- Assisted Living
- Memory Care
Updated Jan 10, 2019 by Nick Reese
Note: Data for Evergreen Health Care Center has not been updated recently. This page shows historical performance which may not be representitive of current service levels.
- Accepts Medicare 1
- Accepts Medicaid 1
- No CCRC
- Has Resident Council
- Has Family Council
- For profit - Corporation
- Secure Memory Care
- Offers Hospice
- Offers Post-Acute Care
- Offers Respite Care
- Offers Inpatient Rehab
- Offers Outpatient Rehab
- Personal Care
- Medication Management
- Home Making
- Speech Therapy
- Stroke Recovery
- IV Antibiotic Therapy
- Palliative Care
- Wound Care
- Occupational Therapy
- Cardiac Therapy
- Tracheotomy Care
- Peritoneal Dialysis
- Diabetes Management
- Physical Therapy
- Respiratory Therapy
- Nutritional Counseling
To pair with its favorable overall grade, we awarded this facility an A for the area of inspections. Our inspection scores account for a host of factors found on a nursing home's inspection reports. One of the most important criteria we look at is the quantity and severity of deficiencies. Nursing homes with higher scores in this category typically have very few of these severe deficiencies. This particular nursing home had just a single deficiency on its inspection report and it was not one deemed to pose a threat to patient health or safety. Even some of the best nursing homes receive an occasional ding on their inspection report.
Long-term Care Quality
An additional strong feature for this facility is that it was given an impressive long-term care score. In fact, this ended up being its second best category grade. In that category, we awarded this nursing home a grade of B+. Long-term care ratings of this caliber generally require both 24/7 care from nurses and aids, as well as quality routine medical care. This nursing home seems like a good starting point if you are searching for a permanent place to reside.
Does this page answer your questions about Evergreen Health Care Center?
Short-term Care Quality
We also gave this nursing home a solid score in the area of short-term care, with a B-. Our short-term care grade is generally employed to measure a nursing home's performance with rehabilitation To provide quality rehabilitation services, facilities generally must have higher levels of skilled nursing services. These types of services include registered nurses, physical therapists, occupational therapists and other highly skilled individuals. We were not able to locate registered nurse or physical therapy staffing data for this facility. The final measure we considered in this area is the percentage of patients who were able to return home from the nursing home. We found that just 0 percent of this nursing home's patients returned home. Unfortunately, this was below the national average.
Turning to the fourth category, this facility was given a grade of C for nursing, which is generally an acceptable grade. When determining our nursing ratings, we analyze both nursing hours and the skill levels of the nurses. This particular nursing home provided just 0.3 hours of nursing care per resident daily. This figure is far below the national average. Finally, despite not having the most impressive total nursing hours, this nursing home performed admirably in the area of preventing major falls. This is often an indicator that a place has sufficient quality controls in place.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
- Rockville General HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 8.38 miles away31 Union St Vernon Rockville Connecticut 06066Proprietary(860) 872-5160
- Baystate Wing Hospital and Medical CentersAcute Care Hospitals 13.63 miles away40 Wright Street Palmer Massachusetts 01069Voluntary non-profit - Other(413) 283-7651
- Mercy Medical CtrAcute Care Hospitals 13.95 miles away271 Carew Street Springfield Massachusetts 01104Voluntary non-profit - Private(413) 748-9000
- Baystate Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 14.61 miles away759 Chestnut Street Springfield Massachusetts 01199Voluntary non-profit - Private(413) 794-0000
- Manchester Memorial HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 15.46 miles away71 Haynes St Manchester Connecticut 06040Proprietary(860) 647-4780
- Harrington Memorial Hospital-1Acute Care Hospitals 19.19 miles away100 South Street Southbridge Massachusetts 01550Voluntary non-profit - Private(508) 765-9771
- Holyoke Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 19.34 miles away575 Beech Street Holyoke Massachusetts 01040Voluntary non-profit - Private(413) 534-2500
- Palomba Drive Dialysis9.15 miles away51 Palomba Drive Enfield Connecticut 06082Dialysis Stations: 10 (860) 749-0476
- Enfield Dialysis Center9.67 miles away113 Elm Street Enfield Connecticut 06082Dialysis Stations: 13 (860) 745-9800
- Davita Vernon Dialysis Center11.39 miles away460 Hartford Turnpike Vernon Rockville Connecticut 06066CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 22 (860) 896-1537
- East Springfield Dialysis (Bma of Massachusetts)12.52 miles away1515 State Street Springfield Massachusetts 01109CMS Rating: 5 stars Dialysis Stations: 16 (413) 732-1586
- Springfield Dialysis Center13.09 miles away125 Liberty Street, Suite 101 Springfield Massachusetts 01103Dialysis Stations: 16 (413) 736-9600
- Ara-Ludlow Dialysis, LLC13.25 miles away14 Chestnut Place, Suite B Ludlow Massachusetts 01056CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 13 (413) 583-7983
- Heritage Dialysis Center, LLC13.43 miles away67 Cooper Street Agawam Massachusetts 01001Dialysis Stations: 13 (413) 786-2022
- Fmc Dialysis Services of Palmer13.59 miles away42 Wright Street Palmer Massachusetts 01069Dialysis Stations: 13 (413) 284-0700