Evergreen Community of Johnson County is one of six nursing homes in Olathe, Kansas. This facility is among the top nursing homes we assessed. A score in this range requires superb marks across the board. In fact, this nursing home has the prestigious distinction of being one of the 100 best nursing homes in Kansas. This is an impressive feat in a state with a long list of elite facilities. Finally, this wound up being a very consistent facility with consistently strong ratings in all four of our categories. Additional information about its category grades is available below.
Evergreen Community of Johnson County
- Nursing Home
Updated Apr 1, 2023 by Nick Reese
11875 S Sunset Drive, Suite 100,
Olathe KS 66061
62.41% estimated occupancy 1
Get our free e-book to learn all about your senior care options.
- Accepts Medicare 1
- Accepts Medicaid 1
- Is CCRC
- Has Resident Council
- No Family Council
- Non profit - Corporation
- Offers Respite Care
- Offers Inpatient Rehab
- Home Making
- Speech Therapy
- Occupational Therapy
- Physical Therapy
- Nutritional Counseling
- Recreational Therapy
Registered Staff Hours
We also wanted to emphasize the fact that this facility excelled in our nursing rating. We awarded them an impressive grade of A+ in this category. Our nursing score consists of several factors, however, the paramount one is the number of nurse hours spent with patients. This nursing home averages 0.5 hours of nursing care per resident per day. Finally, our nursing grades also factor in quality-based assessments, such as avoiding major falls. This nursing home performed well in this area. Avoiding major falls is typically a good indicator that a place has reliable quality controls in place. Major falls can many times be avoided if more nurses aids and better safety protocols are in place.
Long-term Care Quality
Contributing to its strong profile, this facility also excelled in our long-term care area. In fact, it received a score of A in that area. Long-term care scores of this caliber generally require both 24/7 care from nurses and aids, as well as quality routine medical care. On top of looking at the volume of care provided by aids and other staff, we looked at the percentage of residents vaccinated against pneumonia. This nursing home gave the vaccine to 76.689186 percent of its patients, which is somewhat below what we anticipated. While its vaccination rate was a bit lower than we had hoped, this facility was able to limit hospitalizations. In fact, it had less than one hospitalization per 1,000 long-term resident days, which is an impressively low number.
Does this page answer your questions about Evergreen Community of Johnson County?
Turning to our inspection category, this nursing home excelled in that area, which is based on the nursing home's recent inspection reports. In fact, we awarded it a score of A- for that category. Our inspection grades are based on many datapoints located in the a nursing home's recent inspection reports. Nursing homes that score well in this area typically have very few deficiencies on their reports. Most importantly, these nursing homes generally do not have any severe deficiencies which are associated with risks to patient safety. This particular nursing home had just a single deficiency on its inspection report and it was not one deemed to pose a threat to patient health or safety. Finally, this facility had no substantiated complaints this year from residents, which is an excellent sign.
Short-term Care Quality
Moving on to the last area, this nursing home was given a very strong short-term care grade. In fact, we gave it a grade of A- in this area, resulting in this facility receiving straight A's. Our short-term care ratings are based on a nursing home's quantity of highly-skilled highly skilled professionals. This includes a vast spectrum of nursing services, ranging from registered nurses to physical and respiratory therapists, in addition to other forms of therapy. Fortunately, it looks like this facility has registered nurses on staff. Not every nursing home employs these skilled professionals. However, based on the data they provided, it does not look like the facility employs physical therapists. The final metric we assessed in this area is the percentage of patients who who were able to eventually return home from the facility. We found that 0 percent of this nursing home's residents returned home as opposed to remaining at the nursing home on a permanent basis.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
Evergreen Community of Johnson County Quality Metrics
Minimizes Pressure Ulcers
In Evergreen Community of Johnson County, 6.5% of Patients had Pressure Ulcers
This is the percent of residents who sustained a pressure ulcer. Pressure ulcers are considered by many experts to be a measure of nursing care . Pressure ulcers, which are also referred to as bed sores, are routinely the result of residents staying in one position for too long.
Minimizes Serious Falls
In Evergreen Community of Johnson County, 5% of Patients had Serious Falls
This is the percent of residents who sustained a fall which caused severe injury.
Minimizes Urinary Tract Infections
In Evergreen Community of Johnson County, 3.56% of Patients had UTIs
This metric indicates the percent of long-term stay residents that had UTI's. UTI's may be a sign of a nursing home with worse hygiene protocols. Nevertheless, this datapoint can also be skewed for certain nursing homes due to inconsistent reporting standards for infections.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Psychotic Medication
In Evergreen Community of Johnson County, 18.09% of Patients use Anti-Psychotic Medication
This tells you the percent of patients who were given antipsychotic drugs. These medications may be used for treating several medical conditions, such as cognitive disorders.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Anxiety Medication
In Evergreen Community of Johnson County, 22% of Patients use Anti-Anxiety Medication
This statistic is an indication of the percentage of long-term care residents receiving antianxiety drugs.
Managing Depression Among Residents
In Evergreen Community of Johnson County, 5.66% of Patients
This indicates the percent of residents demonstrating signs of depression.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In Evergreen Community of Johnson County, 91.03% of Patients
This metric measures the percentage of long-term stay patients that were vaccinated against pneumonia and flu.
Residents Maintain Autonomy
In Evergreen Community of Johnson County, 16.97% Percentage of Patients
This metric is a measure of the percent of long-term care residents who needed increased assistance with activities of daily living over time. Activities of daily living include activities such as taking medications and continence. Some argue this is a reasonable measure of a patient's well-being.
Ability to Keep Residents Mobile
In Evergreen Community of Johnson County, 17% Percentage of Residents
This is the percentage of residents who remained mobile levels over time. Retaining mobility can be a great sign for residents' well-being.
In Evergreen Community of Johnson County, 1.79 Hospitalizations per 1,000 resident days
This is the number of hospitalizations per thousand days of care. There is generally a correlation between staying out of the hospital and the quality of long-term care.
Short-term Care: Rehospitalizations
In Evergreen Community of Johnson County, 17 Percentage of Residents Rehospitalized
This metric tracks the number of times residents are rehospitalized per thousand days of short-term care.
Scores for Olathe, KS
- Overall Rating has a grade of A-minus
- Nurse Rating has a grade of A-minus
- Long-term Care Rating has a grade of A-minus
- Short-term Care Rating has a grade of B-plus
- Inspection Rating has a grade of A
Looking for more options? Olathe, Kansas has 5 other nursing homes
- Olathe Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 4.3 miles away20333 West 151st Street Olathe Kansas 66061Voluntary non-profit - Private(913) 791-4200
- Overland Park Reg Med CtrAcute Care Hospitals 4.58 miles away10500 Quivira Road Lenexa Kansas 66215Proprietary(913) 541-5000
- Saint Luke's South HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 7.33 miles away12300 Metcalf Avenue Overland Park Kansas 66213Voluntary non-profit - Other(913) 317-7904
- Adventhealth Shawnee MissionAcute Care Hospitals 8.18 miles away9100 W 74th Street Overland Park Kansas 66204Voluntary non-profit - Church(913) 676-2152
- Menorah Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 8.18 miles away5721 West 119th Street Leawood Kansas 66209Voluntary non-profit - Other(913) 498-6773
- St Joseph Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 10.75 miles away1000 Carondelet Dr Kansas City Missouri 64114Proprietary(816) 942-4400
- University of Kansas HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 14.32 miles away4000 Cambridge Street Kansas City Kansas 66160Government - Hospital District or Authority(913) 588-7332
- St Lukes Hospital of Kansas CityAcute Care Hospitals 14.65 miles away4401 Wornall Road Kansas City Missouri 64111Voluntary non-profit - Private(816) 932-2000
- Davita Nottingham Dialysis3.6 miles away14010 W 134th Pl Olathe Kansas 66062Dialysis Stations: 12 (913) 764-0358
- Olathe Dialysis3.77 miles away732 W Frontier Lane Olathe Kansas 66061CMS Rating: 2 stars Dialysis Stations: 12 (913) 390-4937
- Davita Overland Park Dialysis4.24 miles away12201 W 110th St Overland Park Kansas 66210Dialysis Stations: 16 (913) 451-5984
- Fkc - Lenexa4.28 miles away13201 W 98th St Lenexa Kansas 66215Dialysis Stations: 13 (913) 492-4571
- Lenexa Dialysis6.17 miles away8630 Halsey Lenexa Kansas 66215CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 16 (913) 894-1100
- Johnson County Dialysis6.68 miles away10453 W 84th Terrace Overland Park Kansas 66214CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 24 (913) 492-2044
- Bio-Medical Applications of Leawood7.56 miles away6751 W 119th St Leawood Kansas 66209Dialysis Stations: 18 (913) 491-6341
- Nall Dialysis8.33 miles away10787 Nall Ave #130 Leawood Kansas 66211Dialysis Stations: 15 (913) 649-2671