Evangeline Oaks Guest House is a large nursing home located in Carencro, Louisiana. This nursing home proved to be a decent facility, with an overall grade of B-. In our view, this nursing home is a solid choice for most people. The best part of this nursing home's profile is its remarkable inspection reports. Inspection grades are discussed in the next section.
Evangeline Oaks Guest House
- Nursing Home
Updated Sep 1, 2022 by Nick Lata
- Accepts Medicare 1
- Accepts Medicaid 1
- No CCRC
- Has Resident Council
- No Family Council
- For profit - Partnership
- Offers Inpatient Rehab
- Personal Care
- Medication Management
- Meal Delivery
- Home Making
- Speech Therapy
- Wound Care
- Occupational Therapy
- Physical Therapy
- Nutritional Counseling
- Recreational Therapy
Registered Staff Hours
The primary reason this turned out to be a decent nursing home is that it received an excellent inspection grade. Its inspection grade was far superior to its overall score. In our inspections category, we gave it an A. We take several aspects of a facility's inspection report into consideration in calculating these inspection grades. One key factor is health deficiencies. It should be noted that the severity of the deficiencies is arguably more meaningful than the quantity of deficiencies, as some are relatively minor. This facility was hit with 6 deficiencies on its inspection report, but fortunately none were considered to be major deficiencies. This indicates that the government inspectors did not deem any of these deficiencies to create an immediate risk to patient health or safety. The fact that the deficiencies were relatively minor made us feel better about this inspection report.
Long-term Care Quality
Turning to the area of long-term care, we awarded this nursing home a grade of A- in that category. For prospective residents seeking a permanent residence as opposed to rehabilitation, long-term care grades are very important. Once we assessed the amount of care provided by nurses aids and other staff, we then looked at the facility's vaccination statistics. This nursing home vaccinated 72.67442 percent of its patients against pneumonia, which is slightly lower than we anticipated but still a reasonably acceptable figure. Although its vaccination rate was a bit lower than we had hoped, we were pleased to find place was able to limit hospitalizations. In fact, it had only 0.02 hospitalizations per 1,000 long-term resident days, which is an impressively low figure.
Does this page answer your questions about Evangeline Oaks Guest House?
This facility's next best category grade came in the area of nursing. In that category, we gave this nursing home a grade of B-. Our nursing rating considers many subcategories. The most important factor is the amount of time nurses spent with patients. This place averages just 0.6 hours of nursing care per resident on a daily basis, which is not an impressive total. Despite having low quantities of nursing care, this facility surprisingly fared better in some of the quality-based metrics we looked at. In fact, it performed well in terms of avoiding major falls and pressure ulcers.
Short-term Care Quality
Turning to the last area, we awarded this nursing home a D in the area of short-term care. This was the facility's least impressive category rating. Naturally, this category pulled down the nursing home's overall profile a bit. In forming our short-term care ratings, we quantify the facility's skilled nursing services, including those performed by registered nurses, respiratory therapists, physical therapists and other types of skilled professionals. The goal is to create a tool for sizing up the rehabilitation services of nursing homes. It looks like this place was subpar in terms of its quantity of registered nurse and physical therapy hours offered to its patients based on the measures we looked at. The last metric we looked at in this area is the number of patients who ultimately returned home from the nursing home. This facility struggled quite a bit in this metric as well, with just 0 percent of its residents returning home. Unfortunately, this was well below the national average.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
Evangeline Oaks Guest House Quality Metrics
Minimizes Pressure Ulcers
In Evangeline Oaks Guest House, 9.76% of Patients had Pressure Ulcers
This metric measures the percent of long-term patients who are suffering from new or worsened pressure ulcers . We factor in this statistic in computing both nursing and long-term care grades.
Minimizes Serious Falls
In Evangeline Oaks Guest House, 3.46% of Patients had Serious Falls
This is the percentage of residents that suffered from a major fall. Falls leading to major injuries are often caused by lower quality nursing care. Better nursing protocols can minimize the number of major falls sustained by residents in a nursing home.
Minimizes Urinary Tract Infections
In Evangeline Oaks Guest House, 2.79% of Patients had UTIs
This is the percentage of patients who suffered from a urinary tract infection. These infections could be associated with poor hygiene.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Psychotic Medication
In Evangeline Oaks Guest House, 16.28% of Patients use Anti-Psychotic Medication
This tells you the percent of patients who were given antipsychotic medications. These drugs may be used for several conditions, such as dementia.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Anxiety Medication
In Evangeline Oaks Guest House, 22.6% of Patients use Anti-Anxiety Medication
This indicates the percent of residents who were prescribed antianxiety medications. Antianxiety medications are given to patients suffering from anxiety and depression.
Managing Depression Among Residents
In Evangeline Oaks Guest House, 1.48% of Patients
This is a measure of the percentage of long-term stay patients demonstrating symptoms of depression. Many in the industry believe that this is a reliable measure of patient quality of life.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In Evangeline Oaks Guest House, 89.54% of Patients
This datapoint is a measure of the percentage of long-term care residents who received the flu and pneumonia vaccines. Respiratory viruses can be fatal for seniors, making these types of vaccines vital to patient safety.
Residents Maintain Autonomy
In Evangeline Oaks Guest House, 17.84% Percentage of Patients
This datapoint is a measure of the percent of long-term residents who needed additional assistance with activities of daily living over time. Activities of daily living include activities such as taking medications and using the bathroom. Many believe that this is a reliable measure of a patient's well-being.
Ability to Keep Residents Mobile
In Evangeline Oaks Guest House, 15.38% Percentage of Residents
This metric tracks the percent of long-term patients that retained mobility levels.
In Evangeline Oaks Guest House, 2.05 Hospitalizations per 1,000 resident days
This is a measure of the number of times residents are hospitalized per thousand days of patient care.
Short-term Care: Rehospitalizations
In Evangeline Oaks Guest House, 15.38 Percentage of Residents Rehospitalized
This metric tracks the number of times residents are rehospitalized per thousand days of short-term patient care.
Short-term Care: ER Visits
In Evangeline Oaks Guest House, 12.77 Percentage of Patients
Measures the number of emergency room visits per thousand days of short-term patient care. Avoiding emergency medical situations is one way to assess patient well-being during rehabilitation.
- University Hospital & ClinicsAcute Care Hospitals 6.44 miles away2390 West Congress Lafayette Louisiana 70506Voluntary non-profit - Private(337) 261-6000
- Lafayette General Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 7.44 miles away1214 Coolidge Avenue Lafayette Louisiana 70503Voluntary non-profit - Private(337) 289-7991
- St Martin HospitalCritical Access Hospitals 9.12 miles away210 Champagne Boulevard Breaux Bridge Louisiana 70517Voluntary non-profit - Private(337) 332-2178
- Heart Hospital of LafayetteAcute Care Hospitals 9.25 miles away1105 Kaliste Saloom Road Lafayette Louisiana 70508Proprietary(337) 521-1000
- Our Lady of Lourdes Regional Medical Center, IncAcute Care Hospitals 10.94 miles away4801 Ambassador Caffery Parkway Lafayette Louisiana 70508Voluntary non-profit - Private(337) 470-2100
- Acadia St LandryCritical Access Hospitals 11.83 miles away810 South Broadway Street Church Point Louisiana 70525Government - Hospital District or Authority(337) 684-5435
- Opelousas General Health SystemAcute Care Hospitals 16.17 miles away539 East Prudhomme Street Opelousas Louisiana 70570Government - Hospital District or Authority(337) 948-3011
- Dci - Kidney Treatment Options Ctr, LLC (Ktoc)4.29 miles away301 Alcide Dominique Road Lafayette Louisiana 70506Dialysis Stations: 26 (337) 456-7400
- Fmcna - North Lafayette4.36 miles away910 Martin Luther King Dr Lafayette Louisiana 70501Dialysis Stations: 18 (337) 234-0084
- Dci - Kidney Care of Acadiana-Lafayette6.24 miles away224 St Landry Ste 3c Lafayette Louisiana 70506Dialysis Stations: 10 (337) 231-5511
- Fmcna - East Lafayette6.53 miles away1340 Surrey Lafayette Louisiana 70501Dialysis Stations: 15 (337) 264-1265
- Fmcna - Sunset7.17 miles away115 Acorn St Sunset Louisiana 70584Dialysis Stations: 16 (337) 662-3702
- Fmcna - West Lafayette7.93 miles away2804 Ambassador Caffery Pkwy Lafayette Louisiana 70506CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 25 (337) 984-7299
- Fmcna - Breaux Bridge8.75 miles away100 Champagne Blvd Bldg A Breaux Bridge Louisiana 70517Dialysis Stations: 12 (337) 332-6817
- Davita - Youngsville Dialysis10.94 miles away314 Youngsville Hwy, Ste 125 Lafayette Louisiana 70508Dialysis Stations: 15 (337) 837-5044