Evangeline Oaks Guest House is a large nursing home located in Carencro, Louisiana. This nursing home proved to be a quality facility, with an overall grade of B. In our view, this nursing home is a solid choice for most people. This nursing home's impressive report card was highlighted by its inspection reports, which we will address in the next section.
Get our free e-book to learn all about your senior care options.
Evangeline Oaks Guest House
- Nursing Home
Updated Apr 1, 2023 by Nick Reese
Get pricing and details on Carencro senior living options.Get Pricing
- Accepts Medicare 1
- Accepts Medicaid 1
- No CCRC
- Has Resident Council
- No Family Council
- For profit - Partnership
- Offers Inpatient Rehab
- Personal Care
- Medication Management
- Meal Delivery
- Home Making
- Speech Therapy
- Wound Care
- Occupational Therapy
- Physical Therapy
- Nutritional Counseling
- Recreational Therapy
Get our free e-book to learn all about your senior care options.
Registered Staff Hours
On top of receiving a great overall grade, this nursing home also earned first-rate inspections in recent years. We awarded them one of our best scores in this category, with an A. Perhaps the most significant factor we consider in computing our inspection scores is deficiencies. These deficiencies are found on a nursing home's inspection reports. Places with better scores in this area typically avoided the more severe deficiencies involving things like patient abuse. This place received 6 deficiencies on its inspection report, but we were relieved to see that none were considered severe. This indicates that the inspectors didn't consider any of these deficiencies an imminent risk to resident safety or health. The fact that the deficiencies were relatively minor leaves us less concerned with this inspection report.
Long-term Care Quality
One of the other reasons we graded this nursing home so highly is that it was given a favorable long-term care score. Indeed, long-term care ended up being its second most favorable category grade. In that area, we awarded this facility a score of A-. For prospective patients in need of a permanent place to live rather than skilled nursing, long-term care is a very important category. On top of looking at the amount of care provided by nurses aids and other staff, we analyzed the number of residents vaccinated for pneumonia. This nursing home vaccinated 89.09657 percent of its residents. This is a few points below what we were hoping for. Clearly, this nursing home is doing something right in this area as it was able to keep its patients out of the hospital. Indeed, it had less than one hospitalization per 1,000 long-term resident days, which is a remarkably low figure.
Does this page answer your questions about Evangeline Oaks Guest House?
This nursing home's next best category was nursing. We awarded it a grade of B- in this category. While this wasn't quite as good as some of its other category grades, this isn't a bad score either. Nursing ratings are based in large part on levels of nurse staffing. This place averages 0.5 hours of nursing care per resident each day, which is not an impressive total. Despite having low quantities of nursing care, this place surprisingly excelled in some of the quality measures we assessed. It performed well when it comes to minimizing its residents' pressure ulcers and major falls.
Short-term Care Quality
Moving on to the next category, we gave this facility a grade of D for the area of short-term care. This was the facility's least impressive category grade. Unfortunately, this category pulled down the nursing home's overall grade to some degree. Short-term care grades are often used to judge a facility's performance with rehabilitation. To provide quality rehabilitation services, facilities generally need to provide better levels of highly skilled nursing. These types of services include registered nurses, physical therapists, speech therapists and other licensed professionals. Unfortunately, this nursing home was below average in terms of its quantity of registered nurse and physical therapy hours offered to its patients based on the data we assessed. The final item we considered in this area is the percentage of residents that eventually returned home from the nursing home. This nursing home struggled quite a bit in this area as well, with just 0 percent of its patients returning home.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
Evangeline Oaks Guest House Quality Metrics
Minimizes Pressure Ulcers
In Evangeline Oaks Guest House, 5.42% of Patients had Pressure Ulcers
This datapoint measures the percentage of long-term care residents who have new or worsened pressure ulcers or bed sores. We use this statistic in calculating our nursing grades.
Minimizes Serious Falls
In Evangeline Oaks Guest House, 3.43% of Patients had Serious Falls
This tells you the percent of residents that suffered from a fall which resulted in serious injury.
Minimizes Urinary Tract Infections
In Evangeline Oaks Guest House, 3.02% of Patients had UTIs
This metric gauges the percentage of long-term care patients who have suffered from a urinary tract infection. UTI's may be an indication of a nursing home with worse hygiene protocols. However, this datapoint can also be misleading for certain nursing homes due to inconsistent reporting standards for urinary tract infections.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Psychotic Medication
In Evangeline Oaks Guest House, 25% of Patients use Anti-Psychotic Medication
This indicates the percent of patients who were given antipsychotic medications. While antipsychotic drugs may be vital to many residents, it is important to confirm these medications are being used only where medically required. In limited cases, excessive reliance on these medications may suggest a nursing home is using these drugs to subdue residents.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Anxiety Medication
In Evangeline Oaks Guest House, 20.38% of Patients use Anti-Anxiety Medication
This is an indication of the percent of long-term patients receiving antianxiety medications.
Managing Depression Among Residents
In Evangeline Oaks Guest House, 0.34% of Patients
This metric measures the percent of long-term stay residents who are exhibiting depressive symptoms.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In Evangeline Oaks Guest House, 92.84% of Patients
This tells you the percentage of residents that received the pneumonia and flu vaccines. High vaccination rates should be standard at this point.
Residents Maintain Autonomy
In Evangeline Oaks Guest House, 18.71% of Patients
This tells you the percentage of patients that required additional assistance with activities of daily living over time.
Ability to Keep Residents Mobile
In Evangeline Oaks Guest House, 5.51% of Residents
This metric measures the percent of long-term care patients that maintained mobility. Some experts believe that the ability to move around is important for patients mental and physical health.
In Evangeline Oaks Guest House, 0.02 Hospitalizations per 1,000 resident days
This datapoint is a measure of the number of times residents are hospitalized per 1,000 days of patient care.
Short-term Care: Rehospitalizations
In Evangeline Oaks Guest House, 5.51% of Residents Rehospitalized
This indicates the number of times residents are rehospitalized per 1,000 days of short-term patient care.
Short-term Care: ER Visits
In Evangeline Oaks Guest House, 16.13% of Patients
This datapoint measures the number of times residents are sent to the emergency room per 1,000 days of short-term patient care.
- University Hospital & ClinicsAcute Care Hospitals 6.44 miles away2390 West Congress Lafayette Louisiana 70506Voluntary non-profit - Private(337) 261-6000
- Lafayette General Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 7.44 miles away1214 Coolidge Avenue Lafayette Louisiana 70503Voluntary non-profit - Private(337) 289-7991
- St Martin HospitalCritical Access Hospitals 9.12 miles away210 Champagne Boulevard Breaux Bridge Louisiana 70517Voluntary non-profit - Private(337) 332-2178
- Heart Hospital of LafayetteAcute Care Hospitals 9.25 miles away1105 Kaliste Saloom Road Lafayette Louisiana 70508Proprietary(337) 521-1000
- Our Lady of Lourdes Regional Medical Center, IncAcute Care Hospitals 10.94 miles away4801 Ambassador Caffery Parkway Lafayette Louisiana 70508Voluntary non-profit - Private(337) 470-2100
- Acadia St LandryCritical Access Hospitals 11.83 miles away810 South Broadway Street Church Point Louisiana 70525Government - Hospital District or Authority(337) 684-5435
- Opelousas General Health SystemAcute Care Hospitals 16.17 miles away539 East Prudhomme Street Opelousas Louisiana 70570Government - Hospital District or Authority(337) 948-3011
- Dci - Kidney Treatment Options Ctr, LLC (Ktoc)4.29 miles away301 Alcide Dominique Road Lafayette Louisiana 70506Dialysis Stations: 26 (337) 456-7400
- Fmcna - North Lafayette4.36 miles away910 Martin Luther King Dr Lafayette Louisiana 70501Dialysis Stations: 18 (337) 234-0084
- Dci - Kidney Care of Acadiana-Lafayette6.24 miles away224 St Landry Ste 3c Lafayette Louisiana 70506Dialysis Stations: 10 (337) 231-5511
- Fmcna - East Lafayette6.53 miles away1340 Surrey Lafayette Louisiana 70501Dialysis Stations: 15 (337) 264-1265
- Fmcna - Sunset7.17 miles away115 Acorn St Sunset Louisiana 70584Dialysis Stations: 16 (337) 662-3702
- Fmcna - West Lafayette7.93 miles away2804 Ambassador Caffery Pkwy Lafayette Louisiana 70506CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 25 (337) 984-7299
- Fmcna - Breaux Bridge8.75 miles away100 Champagne Blvd Bldg A Breaux Bridge Louisiana 70517Dialysis Stations: 12 (337) 332-6817
- Davita - Youngsville Dialysis10.94 miles away314 Youngsville Hwy, Ste 125 Lafayette Louisiana 70508Dialysis Stations: 15 (337) 837-5044