With an address in Georgetown, Texas, The Wesleyan Skilled Nursing and Rehabilitation is one of just two nursing homes in the area. We awarded this nursing home an overall grade of B. A score in this range requires quality scores in most areas. Based on our assessment, you could do much worse than this place. The best aspect of this facility's strong report card is its inspection rating. Inspection grades are discussed in the next paragraph
Get our free e-book to learn all about your senior care options.
The Wesleyan Skilled Nursing and Rehabilitation
- Nursing Home
Updated Nov 1, 2023 by Nick Lata
Get pricing and details on Georgetown senior living options.Get Pricing
- Accepts Medicare 1
- Accepts Medicaid 1
- No CCRC
- Has Resident Council
- No Family Council
- Non profit - Church related
- Offers Inpatient Rehab
- Home Making
- Medical Transportation
- Speech Therapy
- IV Antibiotic Therapy
- Wound Care
- Occupational Therapy
- Diabetes Management
- Physical Therapy
- Nutritional Counseling
- Recreational Therapy
Get our free e-book to learn all about your senior care options.
Registered Staff Hours
One of the reasons this ended up being a strong nursing home is that it earned a very impressive inspection score. In fact, inspections is its best category grade. In this category, we awarded it an A+. We weigh several aspects of a nursing home's inspection report in calculating our inspection ratings. One critical factor is health deficiencies. It should be noted that the severity of these deficiencies is usually more important than the number of deficiencies, as some are relatively minor. This place received 4 deficiencies on its inspection report, but fortunately none of the deficiencies were considered severe. This indicates that the inspectors didn't deem any of these deficiencies to pose an imminent risk to resident health or safety. Finally, this facility had no substantiated complaints this year from residents, which is an excellent sign.
Long-term Care Quality
This facility received a strong long-term care score as well. We awarded it one of our higher grades in that category with a grade of B+. Long-term care grades in this range generally require both around the clock care from nurses and aids, as well as quality routine medical care. After assessing the volume of care provided by nurses and other staff, we then analyzed the facility's vaccination record. This facility vaccinated 99.709305 percent of its patients against pneumonia, which is much higher than the vast majority of nursing homes. Lastly, this place was able to limit hospitalizations. Indeed, it had only 0.01 hospitalizations per 1,000 long-term resident days, which is an impressively low number.
Does this page answer your questions about The Wesleyan Skilled Nursing and Rehabilitation?
Short-term Care Quality
This facilities third most favorable category is short-term care. We awarded it a C in this area. This is essentially a slightly below average score in this category. Our short-term care ratings are vital for prospective residents seeking rehabilitation. Rehabilitation typically utilizes additional skilled nursing. Skilled nursing means a broad range of services, ranging from registered nurses to physical and occupational therapists, as well as other types of therapy. It does not appear that this nursing home submitted information about its staffing of registered nurses or physical therapists. Finally, we assessed the percentage of patients who returned home from this nursing home. We found that 4.8 percent of this facility's residents were able to return home. This figure was quite a bit below average.
The final category we graded was nursing, was this nursing home's worst area. We awarded this facility a D in that category. This really is one of just a few weak links of an otherwise strong report card. Our nursing grade consists of a handful of components, however, the paramount one is the quantity of nurse hours spent with patients. This facility provided just 0.4 hours of nursing care per resident per day. This is a very low total compared to most nursing homes. Although this nursing home did not excel in nursing hours, it surprised us in some of the quality-based assessments in the nursing category, such as avoiding serious falls. This place was better than average in this metric, which was one redeeming quality we found in this category.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
The Wesleyan Skilled Nursing and Rehabilitation Quality Metrics
Minimizes Pressure Ulcers
In The Wesleyan Skilled Nursing and Rehabilitation, 13.13% of Patients had Pressure Ulcers
This gauges the percent of long-term stay residents that developed new or worsened pressure ulcers . We factor in this statistic in computing both nursing and long-term care grades.
Minimizes Serious Falls
In The Wesleyan Skilled Nursing and Rehabilitation, 0.87% of Patients had Serious Falls
This tells you the percentage of residents that sustained a major fall. Falls leading to serious injuries are considered by many in the nursing home industry to be a measure of nursing care . Major falls which result in injury are often the result of poor nursing care.
Minimizes Urinary Tract Infections
In The Wesleyan Skilled Nursing and Rehabilitation, 1.18% of Patients had UTIs
This statistic is a measure of the percentage of long-term patients who have suffered from a UTI. Although more of these infections could reflect poorly on a nursing home's cleanliness, it can be difficult to compare between facilities due to differing reporting standards.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Psychotic Medication
In The Wesleyan Skilled Nursing and Rehabilitation, 11.48% of Patients use Anti-Psychotic Medication
This tells you the percentage of patients given antipsychotic medications. While antipsychotic drugs may be vital to many patients, it is important to ensure these medications are being used appropriately. In some situations, increased usage of these drugs may suggest a nursing home is using these drugs to control patient behavior.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Anxiety Medication
In The Wesleyan Skilled Nursing and Rehabilitation, 11.3% of Patients use Anti-Anxiety Medication
This is an indication of the percent of long-term residents which are given antianxiety medication. These drugs are typically given to patients suffering from depression or anxiety.
Managing Depression Among Residents
In The Wesleyan Skilled Nursing and Rehabilitation, 0% of Patients
This tells you the percent of residents who are exhibiting depressive symptoms. Higher rates of depression may be an indicator a less hospitable environment.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In The Wesleyan Skilled Nursing and Rehabilitation, 99.32% of Patients
This tells you the percentage of patients that were administered the pneumonia and flu vaccines. Higher vaccination rates should be demanded by residents.
Residents Maintain Autonomy
In The Wesleyan Skilled Nursing and Rehabilitation, 8.75% of Patients
This metric measures the percentage of long-term residents who required increased assistance with activities of daily living over time. ADL's include activities such as getting dressed and eating.
Ability to Keep Residents Mobile
In The Wesleyan Skilled Nursing and Rehabilitation, 6.96% of Residents
Measures the percentage of long-term patients that retained mobility levels.
In The Wesleyan Skilled Nursing and Rehabilitation, 0.01 Hospitalizations per 1,000 resident days
This is a measure of the number of times residents are hospitalized per 1,000 days of patient care. Avoiding the hospital is critical to maintaining the physical well-being of patients.
Short-term Care: Rehospitalizations
In The Wesleyan Skilled Nursing and Rehabilitation, 6.96% of Residents Rehospitalized
This tells you the number of rehospitalizations per thousand days of short-term care.
Short-term Care: ER Visits
In The Wesleyan Skilled Nursing and Rehabilitation, 12.44% of Patients
This metric measures the number of emergency room visits per 1,000 days of short-term patient care.
Short-term Care: Facilitates Functional Improvement
In The Wesleyan Skilled Nursing and Rehabilitation, 72.96% of Resident
This is the percent of short-term care residents that experienced functional improvements, such as enhanced ability to perform activities of daily living. High levels of autonomy with activities of daily living usually correlates with superior rehabilitation services.
- Scott & White Hospital-Round RockAcute Care Hospitals 7.94 miles away300 University Blvd Round Rock Texas 78664Voluntary non-profit - Private(512) 509-0100
- Seton Medical Center WilliamsonAcute Care Hospitals 7.94 miles away201 Seton Parkway Round Rock Texas 78664Voluntary non-profit - Private(512) 324-0000
- Round Rock Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 11.37 miles away2400 Round Rock Ave Round Rock Texas 78681Proprietary(512) 341-1000
- Cedar Park Regional Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 11.84 miles away1401 Medical Parkway Cedar Park Texas 78613Proprietary(512) 528-7000
- Baylor Scott & White Emergency Medical Center at CAcute Care Hospitals 12.5 miles away900 East Whitestone Blvd Cedar Park Texas 78613Government - Hospital District or Authority(512) 684-4911
- Baylor Scott & White Medical Center PflugervilleAcute Care Hospitals 17.19 miles away2600 East Pflugerville Parkway Pflugerville Texas 78660Voluntary non-profit - Private(512) 654-6100
- North Austin Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 18.02 miles away12221 Mopac Expressway North Austin Texas 78758Proprietary(512) 901-1000
- Baylor Scott & White Medical Center -TaylorCritical Access Hospitals 18.19 miles away305 Mallard Taylor Texas 76574Voluntary non-profit - Private(512) 352-7611
- Georgetown Dialysis2.56 miles away201 Fm 971 Georgetown Texas 78626Dialysis Stations: 12 (512) 819-9636
- Fresenius Medical Care Chisholm Trail3.39 miles away1900 Scenic Drive Building 1 Georgetown Texas 78626Dialysis Stations: 13 (512) 819-9104
- Nna - Roundrock9.6 miles away1499 E Old Settlers Blvd Suite A Round Rock Texas 78664Dialysis Stations: 20 (512) 671-8012
- Scott & White Round Rock Dialysis Center10.31 miles away2120 North Mays St Suite 230 Round Rock Texas 78664Dialysis Stations: 18 (512) 238-2900
- Satellite Health Care, Inc.11.14 miles away16010 Park Valley Drive Suite 100 Round Rock Texas 78681CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 24 (512) 275-0100
- Round Rock Dialysis11.74 miles away1800 Round Rock Avenue Round Rock Texas 78681Dialysis Stations: 12 (512) 310-8797
- Cedar Park Dialysis Center12.58 miles away1720 E Whitestone Blvd Cedar Park Texas 78613Dialysis Stations: 12 (512) 528-8478
- Davita Leander Dialysis12.76 miles away2906 S Bagdad Rd Ste 120 Leander Texas 78641Dialysis Stations: 16 (512) 260-4102