With an address in Carmichael, California, Eskaton Village Carmichael is one of five available facilities there. This proved to be an A+ rated facility, which is the most impressive score that we offer. In fact, this is actually the top facility in Carmichael. Headlining this facility's stellar profile is its nursing grade, which we will address in the next section.
Get our free e-book to learn all about your senior care options.
Eskaton Village Carmichael
- Nursing Home
- Independent Living
- Assisted Living
- Memory Care
Updated Apr 1, 2023 by Nick Reese
Get pricing and details on Carmichael senior living options.Get Pricing
- Accepts Medicare 1
- Accepts Medicaid 1
- Is CCRC
- Has Resident Council
- No Family Council
- Non profit - Corporation
- Secure Memory Care
- Offers Hospice
- Offers Respite Care
- Offers Inpatient Rehab
- Offers Outpatient Rehab
- Personal Care
- Medication Management
- Home Making
- Speech Therapy
- Palliative Care
- Occupational Therapy
- Physical Therapy
- Nutritional Counseling
- Recreational Therapy
Get our free e-book to learn all about your senior care options.
Top Nursing Home in California Awards 2019
Best Nursing Home in Carmichael, California Awards 2019
Best Nursing Home in Carmichael, California Awards 2020
Best Nursing Home in Carmichael, California Awards 2021
Registered Staff Hours
We also wanted to emphasize the fact that this facility excelled in our nursing rating. We awarded them an impressive grade of A+ in this category. Our nursing rating is based on numerous subcategories. The most important one is the amount of time nurses spend with residents. This nursing home provides 0.5 hours of nursing care per resident per day. Finally, we also assessed several nursing quality-based metrics and this facility excelled in some of these areas. With less than five percent of its residents sustaining pressure ulcers, it performed as well as any nursing home the nation in this category. This is generally a good indicator of quality nursing care. Pressure ulcers can generally be avoided by providing better nursing care, such as having a system of moving patients even once per day.
Long-term Care Quality
An additional reason we rated this facility so highly is that it was given an A+ long-term care score. This is flat out as good as it gets in this category. Long-term care scores in this range generally require both 24/7 care from nurses and aids, as well as quality routine healthcare services. On top of considering the quantity of care provided by nurses and other staff, we also looked at the percentage of residents vaccinated for pneumonia. This facility vaccinated 100 percent of its residents. Vaccines are critical to keeping patients healthy. Clearly, this place is doing something right in this area as it was able to keep its residents out of the hospital. It had less than one hospitalization per 1,000 long-term resident days, which is an impressively low number.
Does this page answer your questions about Eskaton Village Carmichael?
Short-term Care Quality
We also awarded this nursing home a grade of of A+ for its short-term care grade. Our short-term care grade is often employed to score a nursing home's performance with rehabilitation To offer good rehabilitation services, facilities generally need to feature better levels of highly skilled nursing services. Skilled nursing includes registered nurses, physical therapists, speech therapists and other highly trained professionals. Fortunately, it looks like this facility has registered nurses on staff. Not all facilities employs these skilled professionals. However, based on the information they provided, they do not appear to employ physical therapists. Finally, we considered the number of residents who were able to return to the community from this nursing home. We found that 6.8 percent of this nursing home's residents returned home.
Finally, this facility also earned a virtually flawless inspection. As a result, it received one of our highest grades in that category with an A. With this impressive grade, this place is one of the few facilities in California to receive straight A's. We take several aspects of a facility's inspection report into consideration in computing our inspection ratings. One key factor is health deficiencies. You should keep in mind that the severity of these deficiencies is arguably more meaningful than the quantity of deficiencies, as some deficiencies can be relatively minor. This particular nursing home had just a single deficiency on its inspection report and it was not one deemed to pose a threat to patient health or safety. Finally, this facility had no substantiated complaints this year from residents, which is an excellent sign.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
Eskaton Village Carmichael Quality Metrics
Minimizes Pressure Ulcers
In Eskaton Village Carmichael, 0% of Patients had Pressure Ulcers
This figure indicates the percentage of long-term care residents which developed pressure ulcers . We bake this statistic into both nursing and long-term care grades.
Minimizes Serious Falls
In Eskaton Village Carmichael, 0% of Patients had Serious Falls
This figure indicates the percentage of long-term stay residents that experienced a fall which caused major injury. Falls can arise for a variety of reasons, but high rates of major falls could be an indicator of lower quality nursing care.
Minimizes Urinary Tract Infections
In Eskaton Village Carmichael, 0% of Patients had UTIs
This datapoint is a measure of the percent of long-term patients that have experienced UTI's. While more of these infections may reflect poorly on a nursing home's nursing care, it can be problematic to compare different facilities due to varying reporting standards.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Psychotic Medication
In Eskaton Village Carmichael, 16.67% of Patients use Anti-Psychotic Medication
This statistic measures the percent of long-term care patients that are prescribed antipsychotic medication. High levels of antipsychotic drug use may mean a facility is using these drugs to subdue residents in situations where such medications aren't medically required. Nevertheless, some facilities may need to rely more on these medications due to an increased number of residents with cognitive disorders.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Anxiety Medication
In Eskaton Village Carmichael, 36.67% of Patients use Anti-Anxiety Medication
This metric measures the percent of long-term care residents taking antianxiety medications.
Managing Depression Among Residents
In Eskaton Village Carmichael, 0% of Patients
This datapoint measures the percent of long-term stay residents exhibiting signs of depression. Some argue that this is a reliable measure of patient quality of care.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In Eskaton Village Carmichael, 100% of Patients
This datapoint is a measure of the percent of long-term residents who received the pneumonia and flu vaccines. Respiratory viruses can be fatal for nursing home patients, making these types of vaccines important for resident well-being.
Residents Maintain Autonomy
In Eskaton Village Carmichael, 3.45% of Patients
This is the percent of residents who needed increased assistance with activities of daily living over time.
Ability to Keep Residents Mobile
In Eskaton Village Carmichael, 12.15% of Residents
This metric tracks the percent of long-term residents that retained mobility levels. Some believe that mobility is vital to patients physical and mental well-being.
Short-term Care: Rehospitalizations
In Eskaton Village Carmichael, 12.15% of Residents Rehospitalized
This indicates the number of times residents are rehospitalized per 1,000 days of short-term care. There is usually a correlation between keeping patients out of the hospital and the quality of rehabilitation services.
Short-term Care: ER Visits
In Eskaton Village Carmichael, 16.19% of Patients
This is a measure of the number of times residents are sent to the emergency room per 1,000 days of short-term care. Staying out of the emergency room is one way to gauge patient care during rehabilitation.
Short-term Care: Facilitates Functional Improvement
In Eskaton Village Carmichael, 65.87% of Resident
This tells you the percentage of short-term residents that saw functional improvements, such as enhanced ability to perform activities of daily living.
Scores for Carmichael, CA
- Overall Rating has a grade of B-minus
- Nurse Rating has a grade of B
- Long-term Care Rating has a grade of B
- Short-term Care Rating has a grade of B-minus
- Inspection Rating has a grade of B
Looking for more options? Carmichael, California has 4 other nursing homes
- Heritage Oaks HospitalPsychiatric 1.2 miles away4250 Auburn Blvd Sacramento California 95841Proprietary(916) 489-3336
- Mercy San Juan Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 2.88 miles away6501 Coyle Ave Carmichael California 95608Voluntary non-profit - Other(916) 537-5000
- Kaiser Foundation Hospital - SacramentoAcute Care Hospitals 3.34 miles away2025 Morse Avenue Sacramento California 95825Voluntary non-profit - Private(916) 973-5000
- Mercy General HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 7.24 miles away4001 J St Sacramento California 95819Voluntary non-profit - Private(916) 453-4453
- Sutter Medical Center, SacramentoAcute Care Hospitals 7.95 miles away2825 Capitol Avenue Sacramento California 95816Voluntary non-profit - Private(916) 733-8999
- University of California Davis Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 8.12 miles away2315 Stockton Boulevard Sacramento California 95817Voluntary non-profit - Other(916) 734-2011
- Kaiser Foundation Hospital - RosevilleAcute Care Hospitals 9.32 miles away1600 Eureka Road Roseville California 95661Voluntary non-profit - Private(916) 784-4000
- Mercy Hospital of FolsomAcute Care Hospitals 10.99 miles away1650 Creekside Drive Folsom California 95630Voluntary non-profit - Private(916) 983-7400
- Manzanita Dialysis Center1.58 miles away4005 Manzanita Avenue Ste 17 & 18 Carmichael California 95608CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 21 (916) 483-3241
- Dci Madison Dialysis Clinic1.78 miles away5222 Madison Avenue Sacramento California 95841Dialysis Stations: 12 (916) 338-6644
- North Highlands Dialysis Center3.63 miles away4612 Roseville Road Suite 100 North Highlands California 95660CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 24 (916) 334-1368
- Dci Rancho Dialysis Clinic4.78 miles away10294 Rockingham Drive Sacramento California 95827Dialysis Stations: 16 (916) 857-1819
- Antelope Dialysis Center5.11 miles away6406 Tupelo Drive Ste-A Citrus Heights California 95621CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 31 (916) 721-1800
- Sunset Dialysis Center5.13 miles away3071 Gold Canal Drive Rancho Cordova California 95670CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 24 (916) 638-8429
- University Dialysis Center5.75 miles away333 University Avenue Suite 100 Sacramento California 95825CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 21 (916) 920-0877
- North Sacramento Dialysis Center6.63 miles away251 Lathrop Way Suite A Sacramento California 95815CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 24 (916) 922-4721