With an address in Carmichael, California, Eskaton Village Carmichael is one of eight available facilities there. This proved to be an A rated facility, which is one of the most impressive ratings that we offer. As a matter of fact, this proved to be the highest rated facility in Carmichael. Headlining this facility's exemplary profile is its nursing score, which we will address in the next section.
Eskaton Village Carmichael
- Nursing Home
- Independent Living
- Assisted Living
- Memory Care
Updated Jun 1, 2022 by Nick Lata
- Accepts Medicare 1
- Accepts Medicaid 1
- Is CCRC
- Has Resident Council
- No Family Council
- Non profit - Corporation
- Secure Memory Care
- Offers Hospice
- Offers Respite Care
- Offers Inpatient Rehab
- Offers Outpatient Rehab
- Personal Care
- Medication Management
- Home Making
- Speech Therapy
- Palliative Care
- Occupational Therapy
- Physical Therapy
- Nutritional Counseling
- Recreational Therapy
Registered Staff Hours
To go along with its strong overall grade, we awarded this nursing home a grade of A+ for its nursing grade. We analyzed the skill-level of nurses working for the facility, in addition to the quantity of time those nurses were with patients, in determining our rating in this category. This nursing home provides 0.5 hours of nursing care per resident per day. Finally, our nursing grades also factor in quality-based assessments, such as avoiding major falls. This place performed well in this area. Avoiding major falls is typically a good indicator that a facility has reliable quality controls in place. Major falls can frequently be avoided if more nurses aids and better safety protocols are in place.
Short-term Care Quality
This facility received dominant marks in the category of short-term care. For this reason, it received one of our best grades in that area with a grade of A+. Short-term care scores are important for patients looking for rehabilitation. Rehabilitation generally requires more highly-skilled nursing. This means a broad scope of nursing services, ranging from registered nurses to physical and occupational therapists, as well as other types of therapy. Fortunately, it appear that this nursing home employs registered nurses. Not all facilities employs these skilled professionals. However, according to the information they provided, it does not look like the facility employs physical therapists. The final metric we assessed in this category is the percentage of residents that were able to return home from the nursing home. We found that 7.1 percent of this nursing home's residents returned home as opposed to remaining at the nursing home on a permanent basis.
Does this page answer your questions about Eskaton Village Carmichael?
Racking up another strong category grade, this facility also excelled in the area of inspections, where it received a score of A. Few nursing homes fared better in this area. Inspection scores account for a host of factors found on a nursing home's inspection report. One key criteria we rely on is the number and severity of deficiencies. Nursing homes with higher scores in this category tend to have very few severe deficiencies. This particular nursing home had just a single deficiency on its inspection report and it was not one deemed to pose a threat to patient health or safety. Even some of the best nursing homes receive an occasional ding on their inspection report.
Long-term Care Quality
Moving on to our last area, this facility was given a high-end long-term care rating. We awarded it a grade of B+ in that category, topping off one of our more impressive profiles. When nursing homes receive a grade in this range in long-term care it typically means it's well-staffed and is an overall good place to live on a permanent basis. After we finished looking at the volume of care provided by nurses, we then analyzed the nursing home's vaccination statistics. This nursing home vaccinated 100 percent of its patients against pneumonia, which is an impressive figure. Pneumonia can be a deadly health condition for nursing home patients so we prefer when a facility doesn't roll the dice on this issue. Lastly, this nursing home was able to limit hospitalizations. Indeed, it had less than one hospitalization per 1,000 long-term resident days, which is a remarkably low number.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
Eskaton Village Carmichael Quality Metrics
Minimizes Pressure Ulcers
In Eskaton Village Carmichael, 7.62% of Patients had Pressure Ulcers
This indicates the percent of residents that sustained a pressure ulcer. Pressure ulcers are considered to be an indicator of nursing care . Pressure ulcers, which are also referred to as bed sores, are often caused by residents not being moved frequently enough.
Minimizes Serious Falls
In Eskaton Village Carmichael, 1.67% of Patients had Serious Falls
This tells you the percentage of patients that have had a major fall. Falls leading to severe injury are considered by many experts to be an indicator of the quality of nursing care . Falls are routinely the result of poor nursing care.
Minimizes Urinary Tract Infections
In Eskaton Village Carmichael, 1.21% of Patients had UTIs
This metric gauges the percent of long-term stay patients which have suffered from urinary tract infections. While more of these infections may reflect poorly on a facility's nursing care, it is problematic to compare different facilities due to facilities having varying reporting standards.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Psychotic Medication
In Eskaton Village Carmichael, 10.06% of Patients use Anti-Psychotic Medication
This is the percentage of residents who were prescribed antipsychotic medications. While antipsychotic drugs may be vital to many residents, it is important to ensure these medications are being used appropriately. In limited cases, high levels of antipsychotic drug use may mean a nursing home is using these medications to control patient behavior.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Anxiety Medication
In Eskaton Village Carmichael, 13.91% of Patients use Anti-Anxiety Medication
This statistic indicates the percent of long-term stay patients receiving antianxiety drugs.
Managing Depression Among Residents
In Eskaton Village Carmichael, 4.33% of Patients
This indicates the percent of residents who are exhibiting signs of depression.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In Eskaton Village Carmichael, 95.72% of Patients
This metric is a measure of the percentage of long-term patients who received the flu and pneumonia vaccines.
Residents Maintain Autonomy
In Eskaton Village Carmichael, 8.37% Percentage of Patients
This metric measures the percent of long-term care residents that needed additional assistance with activities of daily living over time. Activities of daily living include activities such as taking medications and taking a bath. Some believe that this is a measure of a patient's well-being.
Ability to Keep Residents Mobile
In Eskaton Village Carmichael, 14.05% Percentage of Residents
This datapoint is a measure of the percentage of long-term care residents that remained mobile levels. Many in the industry would argue that the ability to move around is vital to residents' mental and physical well-being.
Short-term Care: Rehospitalizations
In Eskaton Village Carmichael, 14.05 Percentage of Residents Rehospitalized
This datapoint measures the number of times residents are rehospitalized per thousand days of short-term patient care. Keeping residents out of the hospital during rehabilitation is important to restoring the physical abilities of residents.
Short-term Care: ER Visits
In Eskaton Village Carmichael, 9.85 Percentage of Patients
This tells you the number of emergency room visits per thousand days of short-term patient care.
Short-term Care: Facilitates Functional Improvement
In Eskaton Village Carmichael, 79.63% Percentage of Resident
This is the percent of short-term stay patients that saw functional improvements, such as with activities of daily living. Higher levels of independence with activities of daily living often correlates with successful rehabilitation services.
Scores for Carmichael, CA
- Overall Rating has a grade of B
- Nurse Rating has a grade of B-plus
- Long-term Care Rating has a grade of C
- Short-term Care Rating has a grade of B
- Inspection Rating has a grade of A-minus
Looking for more options? Carmichael, California has 7 other nursing homes
- Heritage Oaks HospitalPsychiatric 1.2 miles away4250 Auburn Blvd Sacramento California 95841Proprietary(916) 489-3336
- Mercy San Juan Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 2.88 miles away6501 Coyle Ave Carmichael California 95608Voluntary non-profit - Other(916) 537-5000
- Kaiser Foundation Hospital - SacramentoAcute Care Hospitals 3.34 miles away2025 Morse Avenue Sacramento California 95825Voluntary non-profit - Private(916) 973-5000
- Mercy General HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 7.24 miles away4001 J St Sacramento California 95819Voluntary non-profit - Private(916) 453-4453
- Sutter Medical Center, SacramentoAcute Care Hospitals 7.95 miles away2825 Capitol Avenue Sacramento California 95816Voluntary non-profit - Private(916) 733-8999
- University of California Davis Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 8.12 miles away2315 Stockton Boulevard Sacramento California 95817Voluntary non-profit - Other(916) 734-2011
- Kaiser Foundation Hospital - RosevilleAcute Care Hospitals 9.32 miles away1600 Eureka Road Roseville California 95661Voluntary non-profit - Private(916) 784-4000
- Mercy Hospital of FolsomAcute Care Hospitals 10.99 miles away1650 Creekside Drive Folsom California 95630Voluntary non-profit - Private(916) 983-7400
- Manzanita Dialysis Center1.58 miles away4005 Manzanita Avenue Ste 17 & 18 Carmichael California 95608CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 21 (916) 483-3241
- Dci Madison Dialysis Clinic1.78 miles away5222 Madison Avenue Sacramento California 95841Dialysis Stations: 12 (916) 338-6644
- North Highlands Dialysis Center3.63 miles away4612 Roseville Road Suite 100 North Highlands California 95660CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 24 (916) 334-1368
- Dci Rancho Dialysis Clinic4.78 miles away10294 Rockingham Drive Sacramento California 95827Dialysis Stations: 16 (916) 857-1819
- Antelope Dialysis Center5.11 miles away6406 Tupelo Drive Ste-A Citrus Heights California 95621CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 31 (916) 721-1800
- Sunset Dialysis Center5.13 miles away3071 Gold Canal Drive Rancho Cordova California 95670CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 24 (916) 638-8429
- University Dialysis Center5.75 miles away333 University Avenue Suite 100 Sacramento California 95825CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 21 (916) 920-0877
- North Sacramento Dialysis Center6.63 miles away251 Lathrop Way Suite A Sacramento California 95815CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 24 (916) 922-4721