Eskaton Care Center Manzanita is located in Carmichael, California. This city has a total of 59,418 people. It looks like this nursing home is ranked among the higher-graded nursing homes we assessed. A grade of this caliber requires first-rate marks across the board. In fact, we ranked this nursing home in the top quarter of all facilities in the United States. The best aspect of this nursing home's strong profile was its nursing rating. Nursing grades are discussed in the next paragraph
Eskaton Care Center Manzanita
- Nursing Home
Updated Sep 1, 2022 by Nick Lata
- Accepts Medicare 1
- Accepts Medicaid 1
- No CCRC
- Has Resident Council
- No Family Council
- Non profit - Corporation
- Offers Inpatient Rehab
- Offers Outpatient Rehab
- Personal Care
- Speech Therapy
- Wound Care
- Occupational Therapy
- Physical Therapy
- Respiratory Therapy
- Recreational Therapy
Registered Staff Hours
We also wanted to emphasize the fact that this facility excelled in our nursing rating. We awarded them an impressive grade of A+ in this category. Nursing ratings are heavily correlated with quality and quantity of nursing care. This nursing home averages 0.6 hours of nursing care per resident per day. Finally, our nursing grades also factor in quality-based assessments, such as avoiding major falls. This nursing home performed well in this area. Avoiding major falls is typically a good indicator that a place has reliable quality controls in place. Major falls can often be avoided if more nurses aids and better safety protocols are in place.
Short-term Care Quality
This first-rate nursing home also performed well in the area of short-term care, where we gave it a grade of A+. Only a small group of facilities performed better in this category. In computing these short-term care ratings, we look at the nursing home's skilled nursing services, such as those performed by registered nurses, occupational therapists, physical therapists and other types of skilled professionals. Our goal is to formulate a scale for comparing the rehabilitation services of various facilities. Fortunately, it looks like this nursing home has registered nurses on staff. Not every facility employs these skilled professionals. On the other hand, according to the information this nursing home provided, they do not appear to employ physical therapists. The last datapoint we assessed in this area is the percentage of residents who were able to leave the facility and return to the community. We found that 6.4 percent of this nursing home's residents returned home.
Does this page answer your questions about Eskaton Care Center Manzanita?
Racking up yet another strong category grade, this nursing home also excelled in the area of inspections, where it earned an A-. Inspection grades account for a host of factors found on a facility's inspection reports. One of the most important criteria we consider is the number and severity of deficiencies. Facilities with better scores in this area usually have few severe deficiencies. This place was hit with 3 deficiencies on its inspection report, but none of the deficiencies were considered severe. This means that the inspectors didn't consider any of the deficiencies to cause an imminent risk to resident health or safety. A few minor dings aren't necessarily the end of the world.
Long-term Care Quality
The next area we graded is long-term care, where this nursing home was given a C. This was this facility's worst category. This is nevertheless not a poor grade. In a long-term care environment, the facility's primary goal is to maintain patients' quality of life and keep them safe. In addition to considering the amount of care provided by aids and other staff, we analyzed the percentage of residents vaccinated for pneumonia. This facility vaccinated 100 percent of its patients. Finally, this nursing home was also able to limit hospitalizations. It had only 0 hospitalizations per 1,000 long-term resident days, which is a remarkably low number.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
Eskaton Care Center Manzanita Quality Metrics
Minimizes Pressure Ulcers
In Eskaton Care Center Manzanita, 7.45% of Patients had Pressure Ulcers
This datapoint measures the percentage of long-term stay residents that suffer from pressure ulcers . We factor in this statistic in computing our nursing grades.
Minimizes Serious Falls
In Eskaton Care Center Manzanita, 1.7% of Patients had Serious Falls
This indicates the percentage of residents who have had a major fall. Falls leading to major injury are often caused by lower levels of patient supervision. Better nursing protocols minimizes the percentage of residents in a nursing home who sustain major falls.
Minimizes Urinary Tract Infections
In Eskaton Care Center Manzanita, 1.24% of Patients had UTIs
This is an indication of the percentage of long-term care patients who suffered from UTI's. Although a higher rate infections could reflect poorly on a facility's cleanliness, it is difficult to compare different nursing homes due to facilities having differing reporting standards.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Psychotic Medication
In Eskaton Care Center Manzanita, 10.1% of Patients use Anti-Psychotic Medication
This metric tells you the percentage of long-term residents that are administered antipsychotic medication. Excessive reliance on these medications may suggest a nursing home is using these drugs to subdue residents in situations where such drugs are not medically required. Nevertheless, some nursing homes need to rely on these medications due to an increased number of residents suffering from Alzheimer's or other dementias.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Anxiety Medication
In Eskaton Care Center Manzanita, 13.85% of Patients use Anti-Anxiety Medication
This statistic is an indication of the percent of long-term residents receiving antianxiety drugs.
Managing Depression Among Residents
In Eskaton Care Center Manzanita, 4.64% of Patients
This is the percent of residents who are exhibiting symptoms of depression.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In Eskaton Care Center Manzanita, 95.44% of Patients
This datapoint measures the percent of long-term residents who have received the pneumonia and flu vaccines. Respiratory viruses can be fatal for nursing home patients, making these vaccines critical to patient health.
Residents Maintain Autonomy
In Eskaton Care Center Manzanita, 7.92% Percentage of Patients
This tells you the percent of patients who needed increased assistance with activities of daily living over time. High levels of dependence on staff for assistance with activities of daily living could indicate the deterioration of a resident's medical condition.
Ability to Keep Residents Mobile
In Eskaton Care Center Manzanita, 12.45% Percentage of Residents
This datapoint measures the percentage of long-term residents who were able to retain mobility. Many believe that the ability to move around is vital to patients health.
Short-term Care: Rehospitalizations
In Eskaton Care Center Manzanita, 12.45 Percentage of Residents Rehospitalized
This indicates the number of rehospitalizations per thousand days of short-term patient care.
Short-term Care: ER Visits
In Eskaton Care Center Manzanita, 9.83 Percentage of Patients
This is the number of times residents are sent to the emergency room per 1,000 days of short-term care.
Short-term Care: Facilitates Functional Improvement
In Eskaton Care Center Manzanita, 79.79% Percentage of Resident
This metric is a measure of the percentage of short-term care residents who experienced functional improvements, such as enhanced ability to perform activities of daily living. Some experts would argue that this is a reliable measure of a facility's rehabilitation performance.
Scores for Carmichael, CA
- Overall Rating has a grade of B
- Nurse Rating has a grade of B-plus
- Long-term Care Rating has a grade of C
- Short-term Care Rating has a grade of B-plus
- Inspection Rating has a grade of A-minus
Looking for more options? Carmichael, California has 7 other nursing homes
- Mercy San Juan Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 0.8 miles away6501 Coyle Ave Carmichael California 95608Voluntary non-profit - Other(916) 537-5000
- Heritage Oaks HospitalPsychiatric 2.47 miles away4250 Auburn Blvd Sacramento California 95841Proprietary(916) 489-3336
- Kaiser Foundation Hospital - SacramentoAcute Care Hospitals 5.51 miles away2025 Morse Avenue Sacramento California 95825Voluntary non-profit - Private(916) 973-5000
- Kaiser Foundation Hospital - RosevilleAcute Care Hospitals 7.08 miles away1600 Eureka Road Roseville California 95661Voluntary non-profit - Private(916) 784-4000
- Mercy General HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 9.34 miles away4001 J St Sacramento California 95819Voluntary non-profit - Private(916) 453-4453
- Mercy Hospital of FolsomAcute Care Hospitals 9.73 miles away1650 Creekside Drive Folsom California 95630Voluntary non-profit - Private(916) 983-7400
- Sutter Medical Center, SacramentoAcute Care Hospitals 9.98 miles away2825 Capitol Avenue Sacramento California 95816Voluntary non-profit - Private(916) 733-8999
- University of California Davis Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 10.27 miles away2315 Stockton Boulevard Sacramento California 95817Voluntary non-profit - Other(916) 734-2011
- Dci Madison Dialysis Clinic0.86 miles away5222 Madison Avenue Sacramento California 95841Dialysis Stations: 12 (916) 338-6644
- North Highlands Dialysis Center2.72 miles away4612 Roseville Road Suite 100 North Highlands California 95660CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 24 (916) 334-1368
- Antelope Dialysis Center2.87 miles away6406 Tupelo Drive Ste-A Citrus Heights California 95621CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 31 (916) 721-1800
- Manzanita Dialysis Center3.29 miles away4005 Manzanita Avenue Ste 17 & 18 Carmichael California 95608CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 21 (916) 483-3241
- Sunset Dialysis Center5.93 miles away3071 Gold Canal Drive Rancho Cordova California 95670CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 24 (916) 638-8429
- Orangevale Dialysis Center6.42 miles away9267 Greenback Lane #a2 Orangevale California 95662CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 20 (916) 988-5666
- Dci Rancho Dialysis Clinic6.42 miles away10294 Rockingham Drive Sacramento California 95827Dialysis Stations: 16 (916) 857-1819
- Rai Harding Blvd6.65 miles away1781 Santa Clara Drive Roseville California 95661Dialysis Stations: 16 (916) 746-0071