Eskaton Care Center Manzanita is located in Carmichael, California. This city has a total of 59,418 people. It looks like this nursing home is ranked among the higher-graded nursing homes we assessed. A grade of this caliber requires first-rate marks across the board. In fact, we ranked this nursing home in the top fifth of all facilities in the United States. The best aspect of this nursing home's strong profile was its short-term care rating. short-term care grades are discussed in the next paragraph
Eskaton Care Center Manzanita
- Nursing Home
Updated Jun 1, 2022 by Nick Reese
- Accepts Medicare 1
- Accepts Medicaid 1
- No CCRC
- Has Resident Council
- No Family Council
- Non profit - Corporation
- Offers Inpatient Rehab
- Offers Outpatient Rehab
- Personal Care
- Speech Therapy
- Wound Care
- Occupational Therapy
- Physical Therapy
- Respiratory Therapy
- Recreational Therapy
Registered Staff Hours
Short-term Care Quality
We also found that this facility excelled in our short-term care rating. We gave them an A+ in this area. Our short-term care grades are based in part on the facility's quantity of highly-skilled skilled healthcare professionals. This means a broad spectrum of nursing services, ranging from registered nurses to physical and respiratory therapists, not to mention other forms of therapy. Fortunately, it looks like this facility has registered nurses on staff. Not every facility employs these skilled professionals. On the other hand, according to the information they provided, they do not appear to employ physical therapists. The final metric we considered in this category is the number of patients who were able to leave the facility and return home. We discovered that 7.4 percent of this nursing home's residents returned home.
This nursing home also received an A+ nursing grade, making it one of the few nursing homes to receive multiple A+ category grades. Our nursing rating is largely associated with the nursing home's nurse staffing. This facility provided 0.6 hours of nursing care per resident per day. Finally, we also looked at several nursing quality measures and this nursing home excelled in some of these areas. With less than five percent of its residents sustaining pressure ulcers, it performed as well as any nursing home the state in this category. This is generally a good indicator of quality nursing care. Pressure ulcers can many times be avoided by offering better nursing care, such as having a system of moving a resident more often.
Does this page answer your questions about Eskaton Care Center Manzanita?
Racking up yet another strong category grade, this facility also excelled in the area of inspections, where it received a grade of A. Few nursing homes performed better in this area. We weigh several aspects of a nursing home's inspection report in determining these inspection scores. One critical factor is deficiencies. You should keep in mind that the severity of deficiencies is arguably more important than the number of deficiencies, as some deficiencies are relatively minor. While this nursing home had a few minor dings on its government inspection report, it had zero severe deficiencies. Severe deficiencies are those labeled as categories G through L. This means that CMS did not deem any of the deficiencies on this facility's report to pose an imminent threat to patient health or safety. We should point out that deficiency-free inspection reports are uncommon in the industry.
Long-term Care Quality
The final category we scored is this nursing home's weakest area. Nevertheless, even in its worst category we still awarded it a decent grade of C in long-term care. With our long-term care grade, we assess the sheer volume of care provided by a facility, as well as a series of quality metrics. Once we looked at the quantity of care provided by nurses and other staff, we next considered the nursing home's vaccination record. This nursing home vaccinated 100 percent of its residents against pneumonia, which is more than the vast majority of nursing homes. Finally, this nursing home was also able to limit hospitalizations. Indeed, it had only 0 hospitalizations per one thousand long-term resident days, which is an impressively low figure.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
Eskaton Care Center Manzanita Quality Metrics
Minimizes Pressure Ulcers
In Eskaton Care Center Manzanita, 7.62% of Patients had Pressure Ulcers
This is the percentage of residents that suffered from a pressure ulcer. Pressure ulcers are skin damage resulting from remaining in one position for an excessive period of time.
Minimizes Serious Falls
In Eskaton Care Center Manzanita, 1.67% of Patients had Serious Falls
This datapoint tells you the percentage of long-term residents who have sustained a fall which resulted in serious injury. Falls can arise for a variety of reasons, but excessive numbers of falls may be an indication of lower quality nursing care.
Minimizes Urinary Tract Infections
In Eskaton Care Center Manzanita, 1.21% of Patients had UTIs
This indicates the percent of residents that suffered from a urinary tract infection. Urinary tract infections are often the result of poor nursing care. Closer supervision reduces the number likelihood of residents sustaining infections. We want to point out that this metric is sometimes skewed by the fact that facilities have incongruent reporting standards for infections.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Psychotic Medication
In Eskaton Care Center Manzanita, 10.06% of Patients use Anti-Psychotic Medication
This figure indicates the percent of long-term patients who were administered antipsychotic medication. Increased usage of these drugs may indicate a nursing home is using these drugs to control patient behavior in scenarios where such medications aren't medically required. Nevertheless, some nursing homes need to rely on these drugs due to an increased number of patients with Alzheimer's or other dementias.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Anxiety Medication
In Eskaton Care Center Manzanita, 13.91% of Patients use Anti-Anxiety Medication
This metric gauges the percentage of long-term care patients who are prescribed antianxiety drugs. These drugs are typically prescribed to patients experiencing anxiety or depression.
Managing Depression Among Residents
In Eskaton Care Center Manzanita, 4.33% of Patients
This tells you the percent of patients who are demonstrating depressive symptoms. High levels of depression may imply a lower level of care.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In Eskaton Care Center Manzanita, 95.72% of Patients
This is a measure of the percentage of long-term residents who have received the flu and pneumonia vaccines. Respiratory viruses can be fatal for seniors, making these vaccines critical to patient care.
Residents Maintain Autonomy
In Eskaton Care Center Manzanita, 8.37% Percentage of Patients
This indicates the percent of patients that required increased assistance with activities of daily living over time.
Ability to Keep Residents Mobile
In Eskaton Care Center Manzanita, 14.05% Percentage of Residents
This datapoint is a measure of the percentage of long-term care residents that retained mobility levels.
Short-term Care: Rehospitalizations
In Eskaton Care Center Manzanita, 14.05 Percentage of Residents Rehospitalized
This datapoint measures the number of rehospitalizations per 1,000 days of short-term resident care. Keeping residents out of the hospital during rehabilitation is important to restoring the health of residents.
Short-term Care: ER Visits
In Eskaton Care Center Manzanita, 9.85 Percentage of Patients
This metric is a measure of the number of times residents are sent to the emergency room per thousand days of short-term patient care.
Short-term Care: Facilitates Functional Improvement
In Eskaton Care Center Manzanita, 79.63% Percentage of Resident
This is the percentage of short-term patients who experienced functional improvements, such as with activities of daily living. Higher levels of autonomy with activities of daily living often correlates with successful rehabilitation.
Scores for Carmichael, CA
- Overall Rating has a grade of B
- Nurse Rating has a grade of B-plus
- Long-term Care Rating has a grade of C
- Short-term Care Rating has a grade of B
- Inspection Rating has a grade of A-minus
Looking for more options? Carmichael, California has 7 other nursing homes
- Mercy San Juan Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 0.8 miles away6501 Coyle Ave Carmichael California 95608Voluntary non-profit - Other(916) 537-5000
- Heritage Oaks HospitalPsychiatric 2.47 miles away4250 Auburn Blvd Sacramento California 95841Proprietary(916) 489-3336
- Kaiser Foundation Hospital - SacramentoAcute Care Hospitals 5.51 miles away2025 Morse Avenue Sacramento California 95825Voluntary non-profit - Private(916) 973-5000
- Kaiser Foundation Hospital - RosevilleAcute Care Hospitals 7.08 miles away1600 Eureka Road Roseville California 95661Voluntary non-profit - Private(916) 784-4000
- Mercy General HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 9.34 miles away4001 J St Sacramento California 95819Voluntary non-profit - Private(916) 453-4453
- Mercy Hospital of FolsomAcute Care Hospitals 9.73 miles away1650 Creekside Drive Folsom California 95630Voluntary non-profit - Private(916) 983-7400
- Sutter Medical Center, SacramentoAcute Care Hospitals 9.98 miles away2825 Capitol Avenue Sacramento California 95816Voluntary non-profit - Private(916) 733-8999
- University of California Davis Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 10.27 miles away2315 Stockton Boulevard Sacramento California 95817Voluntary non-profit - Other(916) 734-2011
- Dci Madison Dialysis Clinic0.86 miles away5222 Madison Avenue Sacramento California 95841Dialysis Stations: 12 (916) 338-6644
- North Highlands Dialysis Center2.72 miles away4612 Roseville Road Suite 100 North Highlands California 95660CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 24 (916) 334-1368
- Antelope Dialysis Center2.87 miles away6406 Tupelo Drive Ste-A Citrus Heights California 95621CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 31 (916) 721-1800
- Manzanita Dialysis Center3.29 miles away4005 Manzanita Avenue Ste 17 & 18 Carmichael California 95608CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 21 (916) 483-3241
- Sunset Dialysis Center5.93 miles away3071 Gold Canal Drive Rancho Cordova California 95670CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 24 (916) 638-8429
- Orangevale Dialysis Center6.42 miles away9267 Greenback Lane #a2 Orangevale California 95662CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 20 (916) 988-5666
- Dci Rancho Dialysis Clinic6.42 miles away10294 Rockingham Drive Sacramento California 95827Dialysis Stations: 16 (916) 857-1819
- Rai Harding Blvd6.65 miles away1781 Santa Clara Drive Roseville California 95661Dialysis Stations: 16 (916) 746-0071