Eskaton Care Center Greenhaven is one of nine available facilities in Sacramento, California. We awarded this nursing home an impressive overall score of B+. After analyzing the other alternatives in Sacramento, this looks like a higher quality selection than most of them. This is impressive since the city has some decent facilities. Based on our analysis, you can do much worse than this facility. Fortunately, this nursing home did not have any poor grades in any of the four major categories. More information about its category grades is available below.
Get our free e-book to learn all about your senior care options.
Eskaton Care Center Greenhaven
- Nursing Home
- Assisted Living
- Memory Care
Updated Apr 1, 2023 by Nick Reese
Get pricing and details on Sacramento senior living options.Get Pricing
- Accepts Medicare 1
- Accepts Medicaid 1
- No CCRC
- Has Resident Council
- No Family Council
- Non profit - Corporation
- Offers Hospice
- Offers Post-Acute Care
- Offers Inpatient Rehab
- Personal Care
- Medication Management
- Home Making
- Speech Therapy
- IV Antibiotic Therapy
- Palliative Care
- Wound Care
- Occupational Therapy
- Physical Therapy
- Nutritional Counseling
- Recreational Therapy
Get our free e-book to learn all about your senior care options.
Registered Staff Hours
Short-term Care Quality
In addition to being a quality facility overall, this facility really excelled in the category of short-term care, where it received an A. Short-term care scores are based on the nursing home's quantity of highly-skilled highly skilled professionals. This means a broad scope of services, ranging from registered nurses to physical and respiratory therapists, as well as other types of therapy. Unfortunately, it doesn't look like this nursing home submitted data regarding its registered nurse or physical therapy staffing. The last statistic we considered in this category is the percentage of residents who who were able to eventually return home from the nursing home. We found that 7.3 percent of this nursing home's residents returned home as opposed to remaining at the nursing home on a permanent basis.
Adding to its impressive profile, this facility also performed well in the area of inspections. In fact, it received a nearly flawless government inspection report this year. As a result, it received one of our best grades in that area with an A. Inspection ratings take several factors into consideration, including deficiencies and substantiated complaints. You can learn more about each of these items by obtaining copies of nursing homes' inspection reports. While this place had a few deficiencies on its report, none of them were serious based on CMS' scale. A few minor deficiencies aren't the end of the world.
Does this page answer your questions about Eskaton Care Center Greenhaven?
This facility received a very good nursing grade this year as well. It received one of our better scores in that category with a grade of B. When determining our nursing grades, we assess both the number of hours nurses spend with residents and the skill levels of the nurses. This nursing home provides 0.5 hours of nursing care per resident per day. Finally, we also looked at several nursing quality measures and this nursing home excelled in some of these areas. With less than five percent of its residents sustaining pressure ulcers, it performed as well as any nursing home California in this category. This is generally a good indicator of quality nursing care. Pressure ulcers can often be prevented by offering better nursing care, such as employing a protocol of moving a patient at least once a day.
Long-term Care Quality
Switching gears to our next area, this facility received a decent long-term care score. Even though this is not quite as dominant as some of its other grades, this is still not a terrible score. With our long-term care category, we analyze the volume of services provided by a nursing home, as well as a series of qualitative metrics. Once we looked at the amount of care provided by aids and other staff, we next considered the facility's vaccination data. This facility vaccinated 100 percent of its residents against pneumonia, which is higher than the average nursing home. This place keeps its patients out of the hospital. It had only 0.01 hospitalizations per one thousand long-term resident days, which is a remarkably low figure.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
Eskaton Care Center Greenhaven Quality Metrics
Minimizes Pressure Ulcers
In Eskaton Care Center Greenhaven, 7.79% of Patients had Pressure Ulcers
This is the percent of residents who suffered from a pressure ulcer. Pressure ulcers, which are also referred to as bed sores, are often caused by patients staying in one position for too long. Better nursing care can minimize the number of pressure ulcers sustained by residents in a nursing home.
Minimizes Serious Falls
In Eskaton Care Center Greenhaven, 1.84% of Patients had Serious Falls
This figure is a measure of the percentage of long-term residents which had a fall which resulted in serious injury. Falls can arise for a variety of reasons, but high rates of falls resulting in injuries may be a sign of lower levels of patient supervision.
Minimizes Urinary Tract Infections
In Eskaton Care Center Greenhaven, 1.34% of Patients had UTIs
This statistic gauges the percent of long-term residents who experienced urinary tract infections. Although more infections could reflect poorly on a nursing home's hygiene protocols, it is difficult to compare between nursing homes due to inconsistent reporting standards.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Psychotic Medication
In Eskaton Care Center Greenhaven, 10.3% of Patients use Anti-Psychotic Medication
This metric is a measure of the percentage of long-term care residents receiving antipsychotic medications. While antipsychotic medications play an important role in caring for many residents, it is important to make sure these drugs are being used appropriately. In limited cases, excessive reliance on these medications may indicate a nursing home is using these medications to subdue residents.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Anxiety Medication
In Eskaton Care Center Greenhaven, 13.84% of Patients use Anti-Anxiety Medication
This tells you the percentage of residents prescribed antianxiety medications. Antianxiety medications are administered to patients experiencing anxiety and depression.
Managing Depression Among Residents
In Eskaton Care Center Greenhaven, 5.83% of Patients
This is a measure of the percentage of long-term patients who are demonstrating signs of depression. Some would argue that this is a measure of resident quality of care.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In Eskaton Care Center Greenhaven, 95.65% of Patients
This is the percent of residents that received the flu and pneumonia vaccines. High vaccination rates should be standard at this point.
Residents Maintain Autonomy
In Eskaton Care Center Greenhaven, 8.26% Percentage of Patients
This is the percent of residents that needed more assistance with activities of daily living over time.
Ability to Keep Residents Mobile
In Eskaton Care Center Greenhaven, 10.41% Percentage of Residents
This tells you the percent of patients that retained mobility levels over time. Optimizing mobility is often a good sign for residents' well-being.
In Eskaton Care Center Greenhaven, 1.78 Hospitalizations per 1,000 resident days
This datapoint is a measure of the number of times residents are hospitalized per 1,000 days of patient care. Minimizing hospitalizations is important to preserving the physical health of nursing home patients.
Short-term Care: Rehospitalizations
In Eskaton Care Center Greenhaven, 10.41 Percentage of Residents Rehospitalized
This metric measures the number of times residents are rehospitalized per thousand days of short-term care. Staying out of the hospital during rehabilitation is key to restoring the health of residents.
Short-term Care: ER Visits
In Eskaton Care Center Greenhaven, 11.34 Percentage of Patients
This metric measures the number of times residents are sent to the emergency room per thousand days of short-term patient care.
Short-term Care: Facilitates Functional Improvement
In Eskaton Care Center Greenhaven, 79.12% Percentage of Resident
This metric measures the percent of short-term care residents that saw functional improvements, such as with activities of daily living. Many believe this is a reasonable measure of a facility's rehabilitation performance.
Scores for Sacramento, CA
- Overall Rating has a grade of B-minus
- Nurse Rating has a grade of B
- Long-term Care Rating has a grade of B-minus
- Short-term Care Rating has a grade of B
- Inspection Rating has a grade of B
Looking for more options? Sacramento, California has 8 other nursing homes
- University of California Davis Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 5.48 miles away2315 Stockton Boulevard Sacramento California 95817Voluntary non-profit - Other(916) 734-2011
- Sutter Medical Center, SacramentoAcute Care Hospitals 5.76 miles away2825 Capitol Avenue Sacramento California 95816Voluntary non-profit - Private(916) 733-8999
- Mercy General HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 6.35 miles away4001 J St Sacramento California 95819Voluntary non-profit - Private(916) 453-4453
- Kaiser Foundation Hosp So SacramentoAcute Care Hospitals 6.72 miles away6600 Bruceville Road Sacramento California 95823Voluntary non-profit - Private(916) 688-2000
- Methodist Hospital of SacramentoAcute Care Hospitals 7.3 miles away7500 Hospital Drive Sacramento California 95823Voluntary non-profit - Private(916) 423-6010
- Kaiser Foundation Hospital - SacramentoAcute Care Hospitals 10.25 miles away2025 Morse Avenue Sacramento California 95825Voluntary non-profit - Private(916) 973-5000
- Sutter Davis HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 13.19 miles away2000 Sutter Place Davis California 95616Voluntary non-profit - Private(530) 756-6440
- Heritage Oaks HospitalPsychiatric 13.25 miles away4250 Auburn Blvd Sacramento California 95841Proprietary(916) 489-3336
- Dci-Meadowview Dialysis Clinic2.75 miles away1545 Meadowview Rd., Suite 130-180 Sacramento California 95832Dialysis Stations: 24 (916) 392-1250
- West Sacramento Dialysis Clinic4.14 miles away3450 Industrial Boulevard Suite 100 West Sacramento California 95691CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 21 (916) 371-4947
- South Sacramento Dialysis Center4.17 miles away7000 Franklin Blvd. #880 Sacramento California 95823CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 18 (916) 427-2561
- Davita Deer Park Dialysis5.21 miles away4401 Mack Road Sacramento California 95823Dialysis Stations: 24 (916) 738-3575
- Broadway Dialysis5.45 miles away2624 Stockton Boulevard Sacramento California 95817CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 34 (916) 457-0113
- Rai Mack Road5.48 miles away4660 Mack Road, Ste 168 Sacramento California 95823CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 23 (916) 394-9312
- Southgate Dialysis5.56 miles away7231 E Southgate Drive Sacramento California 95823Dialysis Stations: 22 (916) 395-7585
- Dci University Dialysis Clinic5.58 miles away1771 Stockton Blvd Sacramento California 95816CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 24 (916) 453-0803