Eskaton Care Center Greenhaven is a large non-profit nursing home located in Sacramento, California. We gave this nursing home a very impressive overall score of A. In fact, this is actually ranked among the top five facilities in Sacramento. Sacramento offers a variety of nursing homes, but it is unlikely you will need to visit too many others. This one is a first class option. Headlining this nursing home's exemplary profile is its short-term care grade, which you can find in the next section.
Eskaton Care Center Greenhaven
- Nursing Home
- Assisted Living
- Memory Care
Updated Sep 1, 2022 by Nick Reese
- Accepts Medicare 1
- Accepts Medicaid 1
- No CCRC
- Has Resident Council
- No Family Council
- Non profit - Corporation
- Offers Hospice
- Offers Post-Acute Care
- Offers Inpatient Rehab
- Personal Care
- Medication Management
- Home Making
- Speech Therapy
- IV Antibiotic Therapy
- Palliative Care
- Wound Care
- Occupational Therapy
- Physical Therapy
- Nutritional Counseling
- Recreational Therapy
Registered Staff Hours
Short-term Care Quality
We also found that this facility excelled in our short-term care rating. We awarded them an impressive grade of A+ in this category. In calculating our short-term care ratings, we assess the facility's levels of highly skilled nursing services, which includes registered nurses, physical therapists speech therapists and other licensed professionals. This grade is more often than not a meaningful measure of the nursing home's ability to rehabilitate patients. Fortunately, it looks like this facility employs registered nurses. Not every facility employs these types of nurses. However, according to the data they provided, they do not appear to employ physical therapists. Finally, we assessed the number of patients who returned home from this facility. We found that 7.3 percent of this nursing home's residents were able to return home.
Adding to its impressive resume, this nursing home also excelled in our nursing category. In fact, we awarded it a grade of A for that category. Nursing grades are largely based on the facility's nurse staffing. This nursing home provides 0.5 hours of nursing care per resident per day. Finally, we also assessed several nursing quality-based metrics and this nursing home excelled in some of these areas. With less than five percent of its residents sustaining pressure ulcers, it performed as well as any nursing home the country in this category. This is generally a good indicator of quality nursing care. Pressure ulcers can generally be prevented by offering better nursing care, such as employing a system of turning a resident more frequently.
Does this page answer your questions about Eskaton Care Center Greenhaven?
Another impressive feature of this facility is its inspection grade. In that area, we awarded this facility a grade of A. These inspection ratings weigh several factors, including deficiencies and substantiated complaints. You can learn more about each of these items by obtaining copies of nursing homes' inspection reports. This place was assessed 2 deficiencies on its inspection report, but we were relieved to see that none of the deficiencies were considered severe. This tells you that the inspectors didn't deem any of the deficiencies to create an imminent threat to patient safety or health. A few relatively minor dings are not necessarily something to panic about.
Long-term Care Quality
The last area we scored is long-term care. We gave this nursing home an acceptable score in this category, with a grade of B-. Even though this isn't as high as some of this nursing home's other scores, it is nevertheless not a bad grade. For prospective patients looking for a permanent residence rather than skilled nursing, long-term care is a very important category. In addition to assessing the amount of care provided by nurses and other staff, we also looked at the number of residents vaccinated against pneumonia. This nursing home provided the vaccine to 100 percent of its residents. This place keeps its patients out of the hospital. It had less than one hospitalization per 1,000 long-term resident days, which is a remarkably low number.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
Eskaton Care Center Greenhaven Quality Metrics
Minimizes Pressure Ulcers
In Eskaton Care Center Greenhaven, 7.45% of Patients had Pressure Ulcers
This is an indication of the percentage of long-term residents who suffer from new or worsened pressure ulcers. We find that pressure ulcers are a great measure of the quality of nursing care a nursing home provides.
Minimizes Serious Falls
In Eskaton Care Center Greenhaven, 1.7% of Patients had Serious Falls
This tells you the percentage of patients who suffered from a major fall. Falls leading to major injuries are often caused by poor nursing care. Closer supervision can limit the percentage of residents in a nursing home who sustain major falls.
Minimizes Urinary Tract Infections
In Eskaton Care Center Greenhaven, 1.24% of Patients had UTIs
This indicates the percent of residents who suffered from a urinary tract infection. These infections could be associated with insufficient hygiene.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Psychotic Medication
In Eskaton Care Center Greenhaven, 10.1% of Patients use Anti-Psychotic Medication
This tells you the percentage of patients given antipsychotic drugs. These drugs may be used for treating several medical conditions, such as cognitive disorders.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Anxiety Medication
In Eskaton Care Center Greenhaven, 13.85% of Patients use Anti-Anxiety Medication
This indicates the percentage of patients who were prescribed antianxiety medications. Antianxiety drugs are given to residents experiencing depression and anxiety.
Managing Depression Among Residents
In Eskaton Care Center Greenhaven, 4.64% of Patients
This is the percent of patients who are demonstrating symptoms of depression. Increased rates of depression could reveal lower quality care.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In Eskaton Care Center Greenhaven, 95.44% of Patients
This datapoint is a measure of the percentage of long-term patients that were vaccinated against pneumonia and flu.
Residents Maintain Autonomy
In Eskaton Care Center Greenhaven, 7.92% Percentage of Patients
This indicates the percentage of patients who required additional assistance with activities of daily living over time.
Ability to Keep Residents Mobile
In Eskaton Care Center Greenhaven, 12.45% Percentage of Residents
This datapoint is a measure of the percent of long-term patients that were able to retain mobility.
In Eskaton Care Center Greenhaven, 1.61 Hospitalizations per 1,000 resident days
This metric is a measure of the number of hospitalizations per thousand days of patient care. Keeping residents out of the hospital is key to the physical well-being of residents.
Short-term Care: Rehospitalizations
In Eskaton Care Center Greenhaven, 12.45 Percentage of Residents Rehospitalized
This is the number of times residents are rehospitalized per 1,000 days of short-term care.
Short-term Care: ER Visits
In Eskaton Care Center Greenhaven, 9.83 Percentage of Patients
This datapoint is a measure of the number of times residents are sent to the emergency room per thousand days of short-term patient care. Avoiding medical emergencies is one way to gauge the well-being of patients during rehabilitation.
Short-term Care: Facilitates Functional Improvement
In Eskaton Care Center Greenhaven, 79.79% Percentage of Resident
This tells you the percent of short-term stay patients that experienced functional improvements, such as enhanced ability to perform activities of daily living. Higher levels of independence with ADL's typically correlates with superior rehabilitation.
Scores for Sacramento, CA
- Overall Rating has a grade of B
- Nurse Rating has a grade of B-plus
- Long-term Care Rating has a grade of B-minus
- Short-term Care Rating has a grade of B
- Inspection Rating has a grade of B-plus
Looking for more options? Sacramento, California has 21 other nursing homes
- University of California Davis Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 5.48 miles away2315 Stockton Boulevard Sacramento California 95817Voluntary non-profit - Other(916) 734-2011
- Sutter Medical Center, SacramentoAcute Care Hospitals 5.76 miles away2825 Capitol Avenue Sacramento California 95816Voluntary non-profit - Private(916) 733-8999
- Mercy General HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 6.35 miles away4001 J St Sacramento California 95819Voluntary non-profit - Private(916) 453-4453
- Kaiser Foundation Hosp So SacramentoAcute Care Hospitals 6.72 miles away6600 Bruceville Road Sacramento California 95823Voluntary non-profit - Private(916) 688-2000
- Methodist Hospital of SacramentoAcute Care Hospitals 7.3 miles away7500 Hospital Drive Sacramento California 95823Voluntary non-profit - Private(916) 423-6010
- Kaiser Foundation Hospital - SacramentoAcute Care Hospitals 10.25 miles away2025 Morse Avenue Sacramento California 95825Voluntary non-profit - Private(916) 973-5000
- Sutter Davis HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 13.19 miles away2000 Sutter Place Davis California 95616Voluntary non-profit - Private(530) 756-6440
- Heritage Oaks HospitalPsychiatric 13.25 miles away4250 Auburn Blvd Sacramento California 95841Proprietary(916) 489-3336
- Dci-Meadowview Dialysis Clinic2.75 miles away1545 Meadowview Rd., Suite 130-180 Sacramento California 95832Dialysis Stations: 24 (916) 392-1250
- West Sacramento Dialysis Clinic4.14 miles away3450 Industrial Boulevard Suite 100 West Sacramento California 95691CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 21 (916) 371-4947
- South Sacramento Dialysis Center4.17 miles away7000 Franklin Blvd. #880 Sacramento California 95823CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 18 (916) 427-2561
- Davita Deer Park Dialysis5.21 miles away4401 Mack Road Sacramento California 95823Dialysis Stations: 24 (916) 738-3575
- Broadway Dialysis5.45 miles away2624 Stockton Boulevard Sacramento California 95817CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 34 (916) 457-0113
- Rai Mack Road5.48 miles away4660 Mack Road, Ste 168 Sacramento California 95823CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 23 (916) 394-9312
- Southgate Dialysis5.56 miles away7231 E Southgate Drive Sacramento California 95823Dialysis Stations: 22 (916) 395-7585
- Dci University Dialysis Clinic5.58 miles away1771 Stockton Blvd Sacramento California 95816CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 24 (916) 453-0803