Escondido Post Acute Rehab is in Escondido, California, a city with 171,802 people. This nursing home is a very respectable facility, with an overall grade of B. As far as we can see, this nursing home looks like a solid choice for quite a few people. This place's strong profile was highlighted by its inspection rating, which you can find in the next section.
Escondido Post Acute Rehab
- Nursing Home
Updated Jun 1, 2022 by Nick Reese
- Accepts Medicare 1
- Accepts Medicaid 1
- No CCRC
- Has Resident Council
- No Family Council
- For profit - Limited Liability company
- Offers Post-Acute Care
- Offers Inpatient Rehab
- Personal Care
- Medication Management
- Home Making
- Speech Therapy
- Stroke Recovery
- Occupational Therapy
- Physical Therapy
- Nutritional Counseling
- Recreational Therapy
- Pain Management
- Bariatric Care
Registered Staff Hours
To go along with its strong overall grade, we awarded this nursing home a grade of A- for our inspections rating. We take several aspects of a facility's inspection report into consideration in calculating these inspection grades. One critical factor is deficiencies. It should be noted that the severity of the deficiencies is usually more important than the quantity of deficiencies, as some are relatively minor. This place received 4 deficiencies on its inspection report, but fortunately none were considered to be severe. This means that the government inspectors did not consider any of these deficiencies to create an imminent risk to patient health or safety. The fact that the deficiencies were relatively minor leaves us less concerned with this inspection report.
We also awarded this nursing home a grade of A- for our nursing grade. Nursing grades are largely based on a nursing home's nurse staffing. This nursing home averages 0.4 hours of nursing care per resident per day. Finally, we also looked at some nursing quality-based metrics in determining our nursing grades. This nursing home performed very well when it comes to avoiding pressure ulcers and major falls. We consider these areas to be good indicators of the quality of nursing care.
Does this page answer your questions about Escondido Post Acute Rehab?
Long-term Care Quality
This facility was given a strong long-term care score as well. We awarded it one of our higher grades in that area with a grade of B. Long-term care grades in this range generally require both 24/7 care from nurses and aids, as well as quality routine medical care. Once we finished looking at the volume of care provided by nurses, we then looked at the nursing home's vaccination statistics. This nursing home vaccinated 99.809525 percent of its residents for pneumonia, which is very impressive. Pneumonia sadly can be a life or death illness for nursing home residents so we like it when a facility doesn't leave this to chance. Clearly, this facility is doing something right in this area as it also excelled at keeping its residents out of the hospital. Indeed, it had only 0.01 hospitalizations per 1,000 long-term resident days, which is a remarkably low figure.
Short-term Care Quality
The final area we scored was short-term care. This nursing home was given a grade of B- for the category. Our short-term care grades are important for individuals requiring rehabilitation. Rehabilitation usually utilizes additional skilled nursing services. Skilled nursing means a broad range of services, spanning from registered nurses to physical and respiratory therapists, as well as other types of therapy. It does not appear that this facility provided information about its staffing of registered nurses or physical therapists. The last item we considered in this area is the number of residents who ultimately returned home from the nursing home. We found that just 5.2 percent of this nursing home's residents returned home. Unfortunately, this was below average.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
Escondido Post Acute Rehab Quality Metrics
Minimizes Pressure Ulcers
In Escondido Post Acute Rehab, 7.62% of Patients had Pressure Ulcers
This is the percentage of residents who sustained a pressure ulcer. Pressure ulcers are skin damage caused by remaining in one position for too long.
Minimizes Serious Falls
In Escondido Post Acute Rehab, 1.67% of Patients had Serious Falls
This indicates the percentage of patients who sustained a major fall. Falls resulting in major injury are often caused by poor nursing care. Closer supervision minimizes the number of major falls sustained by residents in a nursing home.
Minimizes Urinary Tract Infections
In Escondido Post Acute Rehab, 1.21% of Patients had UTIs
This is the percent of patients who suffered from a urinary tract infection. Urinary tract infections are routinely linked to worse hygiene protocols. Additional nurse staffing minimizes the number of UTI's sustained by residents in a nursing home. Note that this metric is sometimes skewed by the fact that facilities have different reporting standards for these infections.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Psychotic Medication
In Escondido Post Acute Rehab, 10.06% of Patients use Anti-Psychotic Medication
This indicates the percentage of patients given antipsychotic drugs. Antipsychotic medications are prescribed to residents for a variety of medical conditions, such as dementia. Sadly, in limited cases, increased usage of these drugs may suggest a nursing home is using these drugs to control patient behavior.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Anxiety Medication
In Escondido Post Acute Rehab, 13.91% of Patients use Anti-Anxiety Medication
This tells you the percent of residents who were given antianxiety drugs. Antianxiety drugs are administered to residents suffering from anxiety and depression.
Managing Depression Among Residents
In Escondido Post Acute Rehab, 4.33% of Patients
This datapoint is a measure of the percentage of long-term care patients who are exhibiting symptoms of depression.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In Escondido Post Acute Rehab, 95.72% of Patients
This is a measure of the percent of long-term care patients who received the flu and pneumonia vaccines.
Residents Maintain Autonomy
In Escondido Post Acute Rehab, 8.37% Percentage of Patients
This indicates the percent of patients who required increased assistance with activities of daily living over time.
Ability to Keep Residents Mobile
In Escondido Post Acute Rehab, 14.05% Percentage of Residents
This datapoint measures the percentage of long-term care patients that remained mobile levels. Many in the industry would argue that the ability to move around is vital to patients health.
In Escondido Post Acute Rehab, 1.49 Hospitalizations per 1,000 resident days
This indicates the number of times residents are hospitalized per 1,000 days of patient care. There is generally a correlation between reduced hospitalizations and the quality of nursing home care.
Short-term Care: Rehospitalizations
In Escondido Post Acute Rehab, 14.05 Percentage of Residents Rehospitalized
This is the number of times residents are rehospitalized per thousand days of short-term care.
Short-term Care: ER Visits
In Escondido Post Acute Rehab, 9.85 Percentage of Patients
This datapoint measures the number of times residents are sent to the emergency room per 1,000 days of short-term care. Avoiding emergency medical situations is one way to assess the well-being of patients during rehabilitation.
Short-term Care: Facilitates Functional Improvement
In Escondido Post Acute Rehab, 79.63% Percentage of Resident
This tells you the percentage of short-term stay patients that experienced functional improvements, such as enhanced ability to perform activities of daily living.
Scores for Escondido, CA
- Overall Rating has a grade of A-minus
- Nurse Rating has a grade of A-minus
- Long-term Care Rating has a grade of A-minus
- Short-term Care Rating has a grade of A-minus
- Inspection Rating has a grade of A
Looking for more options? Escondido, California has 6 other nursing homes
- Palomar Health Downtown CampusAcute Care Hospitals 0.49 miles away555 East Valley Parkway Escondido California 92025Government - Hospital District or Authority(760) 739-3000
- Pomerado HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 9.45 miles away15615 Pomerado Road Poway California 92064Government - Hospital District or Authority(858) 485-6511
- Tri-City Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 12.77 miles away4002 Vista Way Oceanside California 92056Government - Hospital District or Authority(760) 724-8411
- Scripps Memorial Hospital - EncinitasAcute Care Hospitals 13.38 miles away354 Santa Fe Drive Encinitas California 92024Voluntary non-profit - Private(760) 753-6501
- Scripps Memorial Hospital La JollaAcute Care Hospitals 18.72 miles away9888 Genesee Avenue La Jolla California 92037Physician(858) 626-4123
- Nh Camp PendletonAcute Care - Department of Defense 19.08 miles away200 Mercy Circle Camp Pendleton Camp Pendleton California 92055Department of Defense(760) 725-1288
- Davita-Escondido Dialysis0.74 miles away203 E. Second Avenue Escondido California 92025CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 19 (760) 743-4401
- Davita-San Marcos Dialysis Center2.15 miles away2135 Montiel Road, Bldg. B San Marcos California 92069CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 20 (760) 975-0170
- Fmc-Rancho8.32 miles away11031 via Frontera, Suite C San Diego California 92127CMS Rating: 2 stars Dialysis Stations: 16 (858) 385-0700
- Fmc-Buena Creek10.88 miles away950 Hacienda Drive Vista California 92081CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 22 (760) 631-7900
- Davita-Carmel Mountain Dialysis11.97 miles away9850 Carmel Mountain Road, a-D San Diego California 92129CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 16 (858) 538-1083
- Davita Oceanside Dialysis13.14 miles away4182 Oceanside Blvd Oceanside California 92056Dialysis Stations: 21 (760) 941-8393
- Home Dialysis Therapies of San Diego-North13.3 miles away10672 Wexford Street, Suite 250 San Diego California 92131Dialysis Stations: 1 (858) 549-3400
- Davita-Encinitas Dialysis13.32 miles away332 Santa Fe Drive, Suite 100 Encinitas California 92024CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 15 (760) 632-2323