Epworth Villa Health Services is in the densely populated metropolitan area of Oklahoma City, Oklahoma which has a population of 640,470 people. We gave this facility an overall score of A-, which is a very impressive grade. Indeed, this proved to be one of the ten highest rated nursing homes in the city. Oklahoma City features a slew of nursing homes, however, it is doubtful you will need to look at too many others. This one is a first-rate option. As you will see below, this facility also performed well in our category grades. It would be hard to poke holes in this facility's profile.
Epworth Villa Health Services
- Nursing Home
- Home Health Agency
- Independent Living
- Assisted Living
- Memory Care
Updated Sep 1, 2022 by Nick Reese
- Accepts Medicare 1
- No Medicaid 1
- Is CCRC
- Has Resident Council
- No Family Council
- Non profit - Corporation
- Secure Memory Care
- Offers Hospice
- Offers Inpatient Rehab
- Offers Outpatient Rehab
- Personal Care
- Medication Management
- Home Making
- Speech Therapy
- Wound Care
- Occupational Therapy
- Mental Health
- Diabetes Management
- Physical Therapy
- Nutritional Counseling
- Recreational Therapy
- Orthopedic Rehabilitation
Best Nursing Home in Oklahoma Awards 2019
Registered Staff Hours
On top of being a first rate nursing home overall, this facility also excelled in the area of nursing, where it earned a grade of A. The nursing category includes a handful of factors, many of which are associated with quantities of nurse staffing. This nursing home averages 0.5 hours of nursing care per resident per day. Finally, we also looked at some nursing quality measures in determining our nursing grades. This facility performed very well when it comes to minimizing its residents' pressure ulcers and major falls. We consider these areas to be good indicators of the quality of nursing care.
Short-term Care Quality
Adding to its strong profile, this facility also was given a superb short-term care grade, with a score of A. In calculating our short-term care ratings, we assess a nursing home's levels of highly skilled nursing, which includes registered nurses, physical therapists occupational therapists and other highly trained professionals. This area is more often than not a fair measure of the nursing home's rehabilitation. Fortunately, it appear that this facility employs registered nurses. Not all nursing homes employs these skilled professionals. However, based on the data they provided, they do not appear to employ physical therapists. Lastly, we assessed the percentage of residents who were able to return to the community from this nursing home. We found that 6.9 percent of this nursing home's patients returned home.
Does this page answer your questions about Epworth Villa Health Services?
We also wanted to emphasize this facility's nearly flawless inspections in recent years. We gave them a grade of B+ in this category. Arguably the most critical factor we consider in computing our inspection ratings is deficiencies. These deficiencies are found on a facility's recent inspection reports. Nursing homes with higher scores in this category typically dodged the most severe deficiencies involving health risks or even death. We were not able to track down deficiency data for this nursing home. We would like to have more data for this facility. Without having access to complete deficiency related data, it is difficult to grade it in this area.
Long-term Care Quality
The next category we scored was long-term care, where this facility was awarded a B. Even though this wound up being its worst category score, this is nevertheless an above average grade. For patients seeking a permanent place to live rather than rehabilitation, long-term care is a very important category. Once we looked at the volume of care provided by nurses aids and other staff, we turned to the nursing home's vaccination records. This facility vaccinated 89.23077 percent of its patients against pneumonia, which is slightly less than we expected but still a decent percentage. While its vaccination rate was a bit lower than we like to see, this nursing home was able to limit hospitalizations. Indeed, it had only 0.01 hospitalizations per 1,000 long-term resident days, which is an impressively low number.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
Epworth Villa Health Services Quality Metrics
Minimizes Pressure Ulcers
In Epworth Villa Health Services, 8.97% of Patients had Pressure Ulcers
This statistic is is a measure of the percentage of long-term patients that have new or worsened pressure ulcers. We have found that pressure ulcers are an barometer of the quality of nursing care a nursing home provides.
Minimizes Serious Falls
In Epworth Villa Health Services, 4.39% of Patients had Serious Falls
This datapoint is an indication of the percent of long-term care residents who had falls which resulted in major injury. This is one of the statistics we use in determining our nursing grades.
Minimizes Urinary Tract Infections
In Epworth Villa Health Services, 3.49% of Patients had UTIs
This indicates the percentage of residents who suffered from a urinary tract infection. UTI's are routinely the result of poor nursing care. Additional nurse staffing can limit the number of UTI's sustained by residents in a nursing home. We want to point out that this statistic is affected by by the fact that nursing homes have different reporting standards for urinary tract infections.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Psychotic Medication
In Epworth Villa Health Services, 14.15% of Patients use Anti-Psychotic Medication
This is the percent of residents given antipsychotic medications. Antipsychotic medications are administered to residents for a variety of medical conditions, such as Alzheimer's or other dementias. Unfortunately, in some cases, excessive reliance on these medications may mean that a facility is using these drugs to subdue residents.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Anxiety Medication
In Epworth Villa Health Services, 24.47% of Patients use Anti-Anxiety Medication
This figure tells you the percentage of long-term care residents taking antianxiety medications.
Managing Depression Among Residents
In Epworth Villa Health Services, 3.91% of Patients
This metric is a measure of the percentage of long-term stay patients who are demonstrating symptoms of depression.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In Epworth Villa Health Services, 92.49% of Patients
This is the percent of patients that were administered the flu and pneumonia vaccines. Higher vaccination rates should be the norm at this point.
Residents Maintain Autonomy
In Epworth Villa Health Services, 14.12% Percentage of Patients
This datapoint is a measure of the percentage of long-term care patients that needed more assistance with activities of daily living over time. Activities of daily living include activities such as taking medications and eating. Many in the industry believe this is a measure of a resident's well-being.
Ability to Keep Residents Mobile
In Epworth Villa Health Services, 14.93% Percentage of Residents
This metric is a measure of the percentage of long-term stay residents who retained mobility levels. Many argue that the ability to move around is vital to residents' physical and mental well-being.
In Epworth Villa Health Services, 1.77 Hospitalizations per 1,000 resident days
This metric is a measure of the number of times residents are hospitalized per thousand days of patient care.
Short-term Care: Rehospitalizations
In Epworth Villa Health Services, 14.93 Percentage of Residents Rehospitalized
This is a measure of the number of rehospitalizations per thousand days of short-term patient care.
Short-term Care: ER Visits
In Epworth Villa Health Services, 14.86 Percentage of Patients
This is the number of times residents are sent to the emergency room per 1,000 days of short-term patient care.
Short-term Care: Facilitates Functional Improvement
In Epworth Villa Health Services, 71.57% Percentage of Resident
This is the percent of short-term patients who saw functional improvements, such as with activities of daily living.
Scores for Oklahoma City, OK
- Overall Rating has a grade of B-minus
- Nurse Rating has a grade of B-minus
- Long-term Care Rating has a grade of B-minus
- Short-term Care Rating has a grade of B-minus
- Inspection Rating has a grade of B-plus
Looking for more options? Oklahoma City, Oklahoma has 31 other nursing homes
- Oklahoma Spine HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 1.81 miles away14101 Parkway Commons Drive Oklahoma City Oklahoma 73134Physician(405) 749-2700
- Oklahoma Heart Hospital, LLCAcute Care Hospitals 2.67 miles away4050 West Memorial Road Oklahoma City Oklahoma 73120Physician(405) 608-3200
- Mercy Hospital Oklahoma City, IncAcute Care Hospitals 2.86 miles away4300 West Memorial Road Oklahoma City Oklahoma 73120Voluntary non-profit - Church(405) 752-3754
- Summit Medical Center, LLCAcute Care Hospitals 3.08 miles away1800 South Renaissance Boulevard Edmond Oklahoma 73013Physician(405) 359-2400
- Lakeside Women's Hospital, a Member of Integris HeAcute Care Hospitals 3.24 miles away11200 North Portland Avenue Oklahoma City Oklahoma 73120Physician(405) 936-1500
- Northwest Surgical HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 4.07 miles away9204 North May Avenue Oklahoma City Oklahoma 73120Physician(405) 848-1918
- Mcbride Orthopedic HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 4.32 miles away9600 North Broadway Extension Oklahoma City Oklahoma 73114Physician(405) 486-2100
- Integris Baptist Medical Center, IncAcute Care Hospitals 6.46 miles away3300 Northwest Expressway Oklahoma City Oklahoma 73112Voluntary non-profit - Private(405) 951-8110
- Fmcna - Oklahoma Kidney Care Dx, LLC2.72 miles away13901 Mcauley Blvd, Ste 102 Oklahoma City Oklahoma 73134CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 16 (405) 302-4803
- Davita - Edmond5.28 miles away50 S Baumann Ave Edmond Oklahoma 73034Dialysis Stations: 12 (405) 330-6646
- Davita Lake Hefner Dialysis5.59 miles away6917 N May Ave Oklahoma City Oklahoma 73116Dialysis Stations: 16 (405) 810-9533
- Fkc-Lake Hefner Dialysis6.34 miles away7201 Cherokee Plaza Oklahoma City Oklahoma 73132CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 20 (405) 728-1739
- Fmcna - Northwest Oklahoma City6.92 miles away3107 Nw 50th St Oklahoma City Oklahoma 73112CMS Rating: 2 stars Dialysis Stations: 17 (405) 949-0237
- Fmcna - Edmond East7.04 miles away301 Katie Michelle Blvd Edmond Oklahoma 73034Dialysis Stations: 14 (405) 341-9926
- Fmcna - North Central Oklahoma City7.28 miles away200 Ne 50th St Oklahoma City Oklahoma 73105CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 25 (405) 557-0025
- Fmcna - Se Oklahoma9.95 miles away810 Nw 10th Ste B Oklahoma City Oklahoma 73106Dialysis Stations: 17 (405) 272-1553