Envoy of Woodbridge is the only facility we found in Woodbridge, Virginia. Sporting an overall rating of C, this is likely a solid facility. You could definitely do worse than this facility. The best part of this nursing home's profile was is its inspection grade. Inspection grades are discussed in the next paragraph.
Get our free e-book to learn all about your senior care options.
Envoy of Woodbridge
- Nursing Home
Updated Apr 1, 2023 by Nick Reese
Get pricing and details on Woodbridge senior living options.Get Pricing
- Accepts Medicare 1
- Accepts Medicaid 1
- No CCRC
- No Resident Council
- No Family Council
- For profit - Limited Liability company
- Secure Memory Care
- Offers Post-Acute Care
- Offers Inpatient Rehab
- Personal Care
- Medication Management
- Home Making
- Speech Therapy
- Occupational Therapy
- Physical Therapy
- Nutritional Counseling
Get our free e-book to learn all about your senior care options.
Registered Staff Hours
On top of having a decent overall grade, we also wanted to point out that this place received favorable health inspections in recent years. We awarded it one of our better scores in this category, with a B+. This is a much better grade than the nursing home's overall score. Our inspection grades are tied to many pieces of information found on the a nursing home's recent inspection reports. Facilities that score well in this category tend to have few deficiencies on their reports. Most importantly, these nursing homes generally do not have any severe deficiencies which are associated with endangerment of patients. Fortunately, although this nursing home had some minor dings on its government inspection report, it had no severe deficiencies. Severe deficiencies are those found in categories G, H, I, J, K and L. This means the government inspectors did not deem any of the deficiencies on this facility's report to pose an imminent threat to patient health or safety. A couple minor deficiencies should not stop you from considering a nursing home.
We also wanted to emphasize the fact that this nursing home earned an B in nursing. We assessed the qualifications of nurses employed by the nursing home, as well as the quantity of time the nurses spent with patients, in determining our score in this category. This nursing home averages 0.3 hours of nursing care per resident per day. Finally, our nursing grades also factor in quality-based assessments, such as avoiding major falls. This place performed well in this area. Avoiding major falls is typically a good indicator that a place has reliable quality controls in place. Major falls can frequently be prevented if more nurses aids and better safety protocols are in place.
Does this page answer your questions about Envoy of Woodbridge?
Short-term Care Quality
The next highest area we awarded this nursing home in any area came in the category of short-term care, where we gave it a C. In our short-term care assessment, we try to create a meaningful gauge for rehabilitation. In doing so, we look at a facility's level of skilled nursing services, including both registered nurses and physical therapy, as well as speech therapy. We found that this nursing home was below average in the two key staffing areas we focus on. In fact, it supplied fewer physical therapist and registered nurse hours per resident than most other facilities. The last measure we looked at in this category is the percentage of residents who were able to return home from the facility. We found that just 4.6 percent of this nursing home's residents returned home. Unfortunately, this was below average.
Long-term Care Quality
The last category we analyzed is long-term care. We awarded it a C in that area. This is a decent grade in this area. Long-term care grades assess a facility's personal care rather than the skilled therapy and healthcare services that are critical to a rehabilitation facility. On top of looking at the volume of care provided by nurses and other staff, we looked at the number of residents vaccinated for pneumonia. This facility provided the vaccine to 99.42029 percent of its residents, which is better than the average nursing home. Finally, this nursing home was also able to limit hospitalizations. Indeed, it had less than one hospitalization per one thousand long-term resident days, which is an impressively low number.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
Envoy of Woodbridge Quality Metrics
Minimizes Pressure Ulcers
In Envoy of Woodbridge, 8.53% of Patients had Pressure Ulcers
This indicates the percentage of patients who have had a pressure ulcer. Pressure ulcers, also called bed sores, are routinely caused by patients staying in one position for too long. Better nursing protocols can limit the number of pressure ulcers sustained by residents in a nursing home.
Minimizes Serious Falls
In Envoy of Woodbridge, 3.74% of Patients had Serious Falls
This figure tells you the percent of long-term patients which suffered a fall which caused severe injury. Falls can happen for a variety of reasons, but excessive numbers of falls may be an indication of lower levels of patient supervision.
Minimizes Urinary Tract Infections
In Envoy of Woodbridge, 2.25% of Patients had UTIs
This is the percent of patients who have had a urinary tract infection. Urinary tract infections are considered by many experts to be a measure of the quality of nursing care . UTI's are routinely caused by worse hygiene protocols. However, this datapoint can be skewed for some facilities due to different reporting standards for these infections.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Psychotic Medication
In Envoy of Woodbridge, 15.09% of Patients use Anti-Psychotic Medication
This is an indication of the percentage of long-term stay patients receiving antipsychotic medications. While antipsychotic medications serve an important medical purpose, it is important to confirm these medications are being used only where medically required. In some cases, increased usage of these drugs may suggest that a nursing home is using these medications to control patient behavior.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Anxiety Medication
In Envoy of Woodbridge, 19.63% of Patients use Anti-Anxiety Medication
This indicates the percentage of patients who were given antianxiety drugs. These drugs are commonly prescribed to residents experiencing anxiety or depression.
Managing Depression Among Residents
In Envoy of Woodbridge, 5.07% of Patients
This tells you the percent of residents showing depressive symptoms.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In Envoy of Woodbridge, 88.92% of Patients
This metric is a measure of the percentage of long-term patients that were given the pneumonia and flu vaccines. Respiratory viruses can be very dangerous for seniors, making these types of vaccines critical to patient care.
Residents Maintain Autonomy
In Envoy of Woodbridge, 17.15% Percentage of Patients
This metric measures the percent of long-term stay patients who needed increased assistance with activities of daily living over time. ADL's include activities such as moving around and using the bathroom. Many would argue this is a reasonable measure of a patient's well-being.
Ability to Keep Residents Mobile
In Envoy of Woodbridge, 18.14% Percentage of Residents
This metric tracks the percent of long-term stay patients that maintained mobility.
In Envoy of Woodbridge, 1.38 Hospitalizations per 1,000 resident days
This metric is a measure of the number of times residents are hospitalized per 1,000 days of patient care.
Short-term Care: Rehospitalizations
In Envoy of Woodbridge, 18.14 Percentage of Residents Rehospitalized
This tells you the number of rehospitalizations per thousand days of short-term patient care.
Short-term Care: ER Visits
In Envoy of Woodbridge, 12.25 Percentage of Patients
This tells you the number of emergency room visits per 1,000 days of short-term patient care.
Short-term Care: Facilitates Functional Improvement
In Envoy of Woodbridge, 74.96% Percentage of Resident
This indicates the percentage of short-term patients that saw functional improvements, such as enhanced ability to perform activities of daily living. Higher levels of performance with activities of daily living generally correlates with superior rehabilitation.
- Sentara Northern Virginia Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 0.62 miles away2300 Opitz Boulevard Woodbridge Virginia 22191Voluntary non-profit - Private(703) 523-1000
- Fort Belvoir Community HospitalAcute Care - Department of Defense 8.97 miles away9300 Dewitt Loop Fort Belvoir Virginia 22060Department of Defense(571) 231-3224
- Inova Mount Vernon HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 13.35 miles away2501 Parkers Lane Alexandria Virginia 22306Voluntary non-profit - Private(703) 664-7000
- Novant Health Uva Prince William Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 14.64 miles away8700 Sudley Rd Manassas Virginia 20110Voluntary non-profit - Private(703) 369-8000
- Inova Fairfax HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 16.17 miles away3300 Gallows Road Falls Church Virginia 22042Voluntary non-profit - Private(703) 776-4001
- Inova Alexandria HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 16.52 miles away4320 Seminary Rd Alexandria Virginia 22304Voluntary non-profit - Private(703) 504-3167
- Stafford Hospital, LLCAcute Care Hospitals 16.73 miles away101 Hospital Center Boulevard Stafford Virginia 22554Voluntary non-profit - Private(540) 741-9000
- Fort Washington HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 16.83 miles away11711 Livingston Road Fort Washington Maryland 20744Voluntary non-profit - Other(301) 292-7000
- Dale City Dialysis0.67 miles away2920 Dale Blvd Woodbridge Virginia 22193Dialysis Stations: 17 (703) 680-5837
- Fmc - Potomac Mills2.23 miles away3057 Golansky Blvd Woodbridge Virginia 22192Dialysis Stations: 17 (703) 551-1313
- Cdc - Woodbridge2.24 miles away2751 Killarney Dr Woodbridge Virginia 22192CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 24 (703) 897-7027
- Renal Carepartners - Woodbridge2.34 miles away14000 Crown Ct Ste 110 Woodbridge Virginia 22193CMS Rating: 5 stars Dialysis Stations: 16 (703) 680-3055
- Fresenius Medical Care Dumfries4.56 miles away3671 Fettler Park Drive Dumfries Virginia 22025Dialysis Stations: 16 (703) 221-4077
- Lees Dialysis LLC5.86 miles away8520 Cinder Rd Suite 100 Lorton Virginia 22079Dialysis Stations: 17 (703) 339-6050
- Fmc - Lorton6.86 miles away8986 Lorton Station Blvd Ste 100 Lorton Virginia 22079Dialysis Stations: 12 (571) 642-0679
- Lee Dialysis8.53 miles away8520 Cinder Bed Rd Ste 200 Lorton Virginia 22079Dialysis Stations: 4 (703) 339-6050