Envoy of Williamsburg is in Williamsburg, Virginia, a city with a total of 85,370 people. We gave this nursing home a rock bottom overall score based on the data we looked at. At the end of the day, you would be better off to avoid of this nursing home. We wouldn't blame you if you're ready to stop reading and find another nursing home. However, if you want to learn more about this place's category grades, we will discuss short-term care in the next section.
Envoy of Williamsburg
- Nursing Home
Updated Sep 1, 2022 by Nick Reese
Note: Envoy of Williamsburg has been flagged for abuse in the past 12 months. We have capped this facility's overall grade accordingly.
- Accepts Medicare 1
- Accepts Medicaid 1
- No CCRC
- Has Resident Council
- No Family Council
- For profit - Corporation
- Offers Post-Acute Care
- Offers Respite Care
- Offers Inpatient Rehab
- Personal Care
- Medication Management
- Home Making
- Medical Transportation
- Speech Therapy
- Stroke Recovery
- IV Antibiotic Therapy
- Wound Care
- Occupational Therapy
- Cardiac Therapy
- Tracheotomy Care
- Physical Therapy
- Respiratory Therapy
- Nutritional Counseling
- Recreational Therapy
- Pain Management
- Bariatric Care
- Oncology Care
Registered Staff Hours
Short-term Care Quality
Although this place's overall score was abysmal, it actually didn't perform terribly in short-term care. In fact, we awarded it a grade of C for that category, which isn't bad. However, this wasn't enough to spare its overall profile. In the category of short-term care, we try to qualify measures of a nursing home's rehabilitation services. We analyze a nursing home's skilled nursing services, including those performed by registered nurses and physical therapists. We found that this place was below average in the two key staffing areas we assessed. The facility offered fewer registered nurse and physical therapist hours per resident than most other nursing homes. It is important to determine whether this is adversely impacting the quality of care. Lastly, we looked at the percentage of patients who were able to return to the community from this facility. We found that 0 percent of this facility's patients returned home. At most nursing homes, closer to half of their residents are able to return home so this figure is below average.
One of the other reasons we rated this nursing home so highly is that it earned a very impressive nursing score. In fact, nursing proved to be its second best category grade. In that area, we gave this facility an D. There are a variety of datapoints within this grade. Most of the factors reflect levels of nurse staffing. This facility provided just 0.2 hours of nursing care per resident per day. This is a very low total compared to most nursing homes. Lastly, we also assessed some nursing quality-based metrics in computing our nursing grades. This place fared well when it comes to avoiding major falls and pressure ulcers.
Does this page answer your questions about Envoy of Williamsburg?
This nursing home received an F for its inspection rating. For facilities with poor inspection grades, you should scrutinize any severe deficiencies found on their recent inspection reports. This facility was assessed one category G through L deficiency, which are among the more severe categories of deficiencies. These categories indicate that the deficiencies identified by the government inspectors had potential to create actual harm to patients. Another red flag is that CMS cited this nursing home for possible abuse or neglect. Hopefully, its performance improves in the future, but until then we simply can't recommend this facility.
Long-term Care Quality
The final area we looked at is long-term care. It received a lowly F in this category, which is a very poor score. Nursing homes that don't fare well in this category typically are not as well-staffed and are lagging in a few of the areas of routine personal care we assessed. One of the criteria we considered on top of nurse's aid hours is vaccinations. This nursing home provided the pneumonia vaccine to 93.76771 percent of its patients. To our surprise, this facility was actually decent at keeping its residents out of the hospital. In fact, it had just 0.01 hospitalizations per one thousand long-term resident days. This is its best score in this category.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
Envoy of Williamsburg Quality Metrics
Minimizes Pressure Ulcers
In Envoy of Williamsburg, 8.72% of Patients had Pressure Ulcers
This tells you the percent of patients who suffered from a pressure ulcer. Pressure ulcers are considered to be a measure of the quality of nursing care . Pressure ulcers, also known as bed sores, are often caused by patients staying in one position for too long.
Minimizes Serious Falls
In Envoy of Williamsburg, 3.64% of Patients had Serious Falls
This statistic is a measure of the percentage of long-term stay residents who experienced a fall leading to serious injury. Falls can happen for a variety of reasons, but excessive numbers of falls could be an indicator of lower levels of patient supervision.
Minimizes Urinary Tract Infections
In Envoy of Williamsburg, 2.55% of Patients had UTIs
This statistic gauges the percent of long-term care patients who suffered from a urinary tract infection. UTI's could be a sign of lower quality nursing care. However, this statistic may also be skewed for some nursing homes due to varying reporting standards for infections.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Psychotic Medication
In Envoy of Williamsburg, 13.56% of Patients use Anti-Psychotic Medication
This is a measure of the percentage of long-term care residents receiving antipsychotic drugs. While antipsychotic drugs serve an important medical purpose, it is important to confirm these drugs are being used appropriately. In limited situations, high levels of antipsychotic drug use may suggest that a facility is using these medications to subdue residents.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Anxiety Medication
In Envoy of Williamsburg, 20.28% of Patients use Anti-Anxiety Medication
This figure is an indication of the percent of long-term care residents taking antianxiety medications.
Managing Depression Among Residents
In Envoy of Williamsburg, 3.63% of Patients
This metric is a measure of the percentage of long-term care patients demonstrating symptoms of depression. Some experts argue that this is a measure of patient quality of care.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In Envoy of Williamsburg, 91.12% of Patients
This is the percentage of residents who have received the pneumonia and flu vaccines. High vaccination rates should be the norm at this point.
Residents Maintain Autonomy
In Envoy of Williamsburg, 16.48% Percentage of Patients
This tells you the percent of patients who needed more assistance with activities of daily living over time.
Ability to Keep Residents Mobile
In Envoy of Williamsburg, 21.22% Percentage of Residents
This tells you the percentage of patients that retained mobility levels over time. Preserving mobility is usually a good sign for residents' health.
In Envoy of Williamsburg, 1.29 Hospitalizations per 1,000 resident days
This metric measures the number of hospitalizations per 1,000 days of patient care.
Short-term Care: Rehospitalizations
In Envoy of Williamsburg, 21.22 Percentage of Residents Rehospitalized
Measures the number of rehospitalizations per thousand days of short-term resident care. Keeping residents out of the hospital during rehabilitation is important to restoring the physical abilities of residents.
Short-term Care: ER Visits
In Envoy of Williamsburg, 11.62 Percentage of Patients
This metric is a measure of the number of times residents are sent to the emergency room per thousand days of short-term patient care.
Short-term Care: Facilitates Functional Improvement
In Envoy of Williamsburg, 75.54% Percentage of Resident
This metric is a measure of the percentage of short-term stay residents that saw functional improvements.
Scores for Williamsburg, VA
- Overall Rating has a grade of B
- Nurse Rating has a grade of B
- Long-term Care Rating has a grade of B
- Short-term Care Rating has a grade of B-plus
- Inspection Rating has a grade of B-plus
Looking for more options? Williamsburg, Virginia has 3 other nursing homes
- Riverside Doctors' Hospital of WilliamsburgAcute Care Hospitals 3.57 miles away1500 Commonwealth Avenue Williamsburg Virginia 23185Voluntary non-profit - Private(757) 345-3000
- Sentara Williamsburg Regional Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 3.98 miles away100 Sentara Circle Williamsburg Virginia 23188Voluntary non-profit - Private(757) 984-6000
- Riverside Walter Reed HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 13.98 miles away7519 Hospital Road Gloucester Virginia 23061Voluntary non-profit - Private(804) 693-8800
- Mary Immaculate HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 14.69 miles away2 Bernardine Drive Newport News Virginia 23602Voluntary non-profit - Private(757) 886-6000
- Riverside Regional Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 19.58 miles away500 J Clyde Morris Blvd Newport News Virginia 23601Voluntary non-profit - Private(757) 594-2000
- Davita Merrimac Trail Dialysis2.41 miles away469 Merrimac Trail Williamsburg Virginia 23185Dialysis Stations: 17 (757) 258-3601
- Williamsburg Dialysis4 miles away500 Sentara Cir Ste 103 Williamsburg Virginia 23188CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 16 (757) 206-1408
- Rai - John Tyler Hwy-Williamsburg4.3 miles away6726 Mooretown Road Williamsburg Virginia 23188CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 21 (757) 259-7429
- Port Warwick Dialysis14.39 miles away445 Oriana Road Ste 18 Newport News Virginia 23608Dialysis Stations: 17 (757) 898-9212
- Rai - Medical Drive-Gloucester14.47 miles away6740 Main Street Gloucester Virginia 23061Dialysis Stations: 21 (804) 695-2904
- Fmc - Denbigh14.54 miles away555 Denbigh Blvd Newport News Virginia 23608Dialysis Stations: 16 (757) 898-9391
- Peninsula Dialysis Center14.62 miles away716 Denbigh Blvd Stes d1 & d2 Newport News Virginia 23608Dialysis Stations: 16 (757) 875-1125
- Rai - Thimble Shoals-Newport News19.36 miles away739 Thimble Shoals Blvd Ste 600 Newport News Virginia 23606CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 24 (757) 873-1090