Located in Enumclaw, Washington, Enumclaw Health & Rehab Center is the sole facility located in this area. We gave this facility an overall grade of D. A grade in this range generally indicates some red flags. This facility seems to have very little going for it. Despite all this, one of the few highlights of this facility's profile is its strong nursing rating. You can continue reading to learn more about nursing and other category grades
Enumclaw Health & Rehab Center
- Nursing Home
- Memory Care
Updated Sep 1, 2022 by Nick Reese
- Accepts Medicare 1
- Accepts Medicaid 1
- No CCRC
- Has Resident Council
- No Family Council
- For profit - Corporation
- Offers Hospice
- Offers Post-Acute Care
- Offers Respite Care
- Offers Inpatient Rehab
- Offers Outpatient Rehab
- Personal Care
- Medication Management
- Home Making
- Speech Therapy
- Stroke Recovery
- IV Antibiotic Therapy
- Wound Care
- Occupational Therapy
- Cardiac Therapy
- Diabetes Management
- Physical Therapy
- Respiratory Therapy
- Nutritional Counseling
- Recreational Therapy
- Pain Management
- Orthopedic Rehabilitation
Registered Staff Hours
Although we did not rate this facility well overall, we want to point out its much more favorable nursing rating this year. We gave it a respectable grade of B+ in this category, which was much better than its overall score. Our nursing score looks at the nursing home's nurse staffing levels. We look at both the levels of training of those nurses as well as the number of hours spent with patients. This nursing home averages 0.4 hours of nursing care per resident per day. Lastly, we also looked at some nursing quality-based metrics in determining our nursing grades. This place performed very well in terms of minimizing its residents' major falls and pressure ulcers. We consider these areas to be good indicators of the quality of nursing care.
Short-term Care Quality
This nursing home also received a strong grade in our short-term care category. We gave this nursing home a better than average grade of B+ in that area. Our short-term care grade is typically employed to judge a nursing home's rehabilitation services. In order to provide highly rated rehabilitation services, facilities generally must provide better levels of skilled nursing. Skilled nursing includes registered nurses, physical therapists, respiratory therapists and other highly skilled individuals. Fortunately, it appear that this nursing home has registered nurses on staff. Not every nursing home employs these skilled professionals. However, according to the information this nursing home provided, it does not look like the facility employs physical therapists. The last item we assessed in this category is the percentage of residents who were able to leave the facility and return home. We found that 5.1 percent of this nursing home's patients were able to return home.
Does this page answer your questions about Enumclaw Health & Rehab Center?
We wanted to point out this place's inspection score where it received a lowly F. This typically means we found red flags on the inspections. When a place has this bad of an inspection rating, you should look for severe deficiencies on its inspection report. Severe deficiencies indicate a risk to resident safety. This nursing home was assessed a category J through K deficiency, which are among the worst deficiencies. This generally means that inspectors identified a deficiency which places resident safety or health in imminent jeopardy. Lastly, we also would like to draw your attention to the fact that this place was assessed large government fines totaling over $100,000. This typically means that a nursing home's poor track record has been an issue for multiple years.
Long-term Care Quality
The final category we rated was long-term care. Sadly, it received an F in this area, which is a poor score. When facilities receive a grade in this range in long-term care it generally means the facility didn't perform well in our measures relating to patient care. In addition to looking at the volume of care provided by nurses aids and other staff, we looked at the number of residents vaccinated against pneumonia. We found that this facility provided the vaccine to only 88.27161 percent of its patients, which is a bit of a concern. Surprisingly, this nursing home was actually able to limit hospitalizations. With just 0.01 hospitalizations per 1,000 long-term resident days, this nursing home has fewer hospitalizations than the majority of nursing homes. This was its best feature in this category.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
Enumclaw Health & Rehab Center Quality Metrics
Minimizes Pressure Ulcers
In Enumclaw Health & Rehab Center, 7.09% of Patients had Pressure Ulcers
This metric tells you the percentage of long-term patients which are suffering from pressure ulcers. We have found that pressure ulcers are a great indicator of quality of care.
Minimizes Serious Falls
In Enumclaw Health & Rehab Center, 2.86% of Patients had Serious Falls
This figure is an indication of the percent of long-term stay residents that have experienced a fall which caused serious injury. Falls can happen for a variety of reasons, but excessive numbers of falls could be an indication of lower levels of patient supervision.
Minimizes Urinary Tract Infections
In Enumclaw Health & Rehab Center, 2.28% of Patients had UTIs
This indicates the percent of residents who suffered from a urinary tract infection. These infections may be associated with inadequate hygiene.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Psychotic Medication
In Enumclaw Health & Rehab Center, 13.8% of Patients use Anti-Psychotic Medication
This indicates the percent of residents who were prescribed antipsychotic medications. These drugs are sometimes used to treat a variety of conditions, including cognitive disorders.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Anxiety Medication
In Enumclaw Health & Rehab Center, 12.29% of Patients use Anti-Anxiety Medication
This indicates the percentage of residents given antianxiety drugs. These drugs are commonly used to treat patients suffering from anxiety or depression.
Managing Depression Among Residents
In Enumclaw Health & Rehab Center, 13.74% of Patients
This indicates the percentage of patients who are demonstrating signs of depression.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In Enumclaw Health & Rehab Center, 93.71% of Patients
This is the percentage of patients who received the flu and pneumonia vaccines. Higher vaccination rates should be the norm at this point.
Residents Maintain Autonomy
In Enumclaw Health & Rehab Center, 13.94% Percentage of Patients
This is the percentage of residents that required more assistance with activities of daily living over time. High levels of needing for assistance with ADL's may indicate the erosion of a resident's health.
Ability to Keep Residents Mobile
In Enumclaw Health & Rehab Center, 21.78% Percentage of Residents
This tells you the percent of residents who maintained mobility over time. Preserving mobility can be a great sign for residents' health.
In Enumclaw Health & Rehab Center, 1 Hospitalizations per 1,000 resident days
This metric measures the number of hospitalizations per 1,000 days of patient care.
Short-term Care: Rehospitalizations
In Enumclaw Health & Rehab Center, 21.78 Percentage of Residents Rehospitalized
This tells you the number of times residents are rehospitalized per 1,000 days of short-term patient care. There is usually a correlation between staying out of the hospital and a nursing homes short-term rehabilitation performance.
Short-term Care: ER Visits
In Enumclaw Health & Rehab Center, 10.98 Percentage of Patients
This is a measure of the number of emergency room visits per 1,000 days of short-term patient care.
Short-term Care: Facilitates Functional Improvement
In Enumclaw Health & Rehab Center, 74.42% Percentage of Resident
This metric measures the percent of short-term patients that experienced functional improvements.
- St Elizabeth HospitalCritical Access Hospitals 0.1 miles away1450 Battersby Avenue Enumclaw Washington 98022Voluntary non-profit - Church(360) 825-2505
- Multicare Covington Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 11.69 miles away17700 Se 272nd St Kent Washington 98042Voluntary non-profit - Private(253) 372-7400
- Multicare Auburn Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 13.25 miles away202 North Division Street Plaza One Auburn Washington 98001Voluntary non-profit - Private(253) 833-7711
- Multicare Good Samaritan HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 14.25 miles away401 15th Avenue Se Puyallup Washington 98372Voluntary non-profit - Private(253) 697-2102
- St Francis Community HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 16.63 miles away34515 9th Avenue South Federal Way Washington 98003Voluntary non-profit - Church(253) 944-8100
- Valley Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 19.27 miles away400 S 43rd St Renton Washington 98055Government - Hospital District or Authority(425) 228-3450
- Nkc Enumclaw Kidney Center1.08 miles away857 Roosevelt Ave E Enumclaw Washington 98022Dialysis Stations: 10 (360) 825-2050
- Chi Franciscan8.91 miles away19520 State Hwy 410 E., Suite 19663 Bonney Lake Washington 98391Dialysis Stations: 4 (253) 447-3940
- Nkc Auburn Kidney Center14.56 miles away1501 West Valley Highway N Auburn Washington 98001CMS Rating: 5 stars Dialysis Stations: 12 (253) 804-8323
- Puyallup Community Dialysis Center15.05 miles away802 30th Ave Sw Puyallup Washington 98373CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 19 (253) 845-3147
- Renal Care Group Northwest, Inc.15.05 miles away702 South Hill Park Dr Puyallup Washington 98373CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 12 (253) 445-7520
- Nkc Federal Way East Kidney Center15.33 miles away33820 Weyerhaeuser Way S Ste 100 Auburn Washington 98001Dialysis Stations: 14 (253) 943-6262
- Federal Way Community Dialysis Center16.49 miles away1015 S 348th St Federal Way Washington 98003CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 13 (253) 661-9055
- Nkc Kent Kidney Center16.5 miles away25316 74th Ave S Ste 101 Kent Washington 98032CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 27 (253) 850-6810