Enniscourt Nursing Care is a nursing home located in Lakewood, Ohio, which has 52,244 people. This is an A+ rated facility, which is our top grade. You simply can't do any better than this facility. As you can see below, this nursing home performed just as well in our category ratings. We give this place two thumbs up!
Get our free e-book to learn all about your senior care options.
Enniscourt Nursing Care
- Nursing Home
- Assisted Living
- Memory Care
Updated Apr 1, 2023 by Nick Reese
Get pricing and details on Lakewood senior living options.Get Pricing
- Accepts Medicare 1
- Accepts Medicaid 1
- No CCRC
- No Resident Council
- No Family Council
- For profit - Individual
- Secure Memory Care
- Offers Hospice
- Offers Respite Care
- Offers Inpatient Rehab
- Offers Outpatient Rehab
- Personal Care
- Medication Management
- Home Making
- Speech Therapy
- IV Antibiotic Therapy
- Occupational Therapy
- Mental Health
- Physical Therapy
- Nutritional Counseling
- Recreational Therapy
Get our free e-book to learn all about your senior care options.
Registered Staff Hours
Long-term Care Quality
We also found that this facility excelled in long-term care. We gave them an impressive grade of A+ in this area. Long-term care grades of this caliber generally require both around the clock care from nurses and aids, as well as quality routine healthcare services. One of the datapoints we considered after nurse's aid hours is vaccines. This nursing home provided the pneumonia vaccination to 96.296295 percent of its patients. This is a proven method to minimize unnecessary deaths for the aged 65 and up population. Clearly, this place is doing something right in this area as it was able to keep its patients out of the hospital. Indeed, it had less than one hospitalization per 1,000 long-term resident days, which is a remarkably low number.
Short-term Care Quality
We also want to draw your attention to the fact that this nursing home was awarded an elite score of A in our short-term care area. Our short-term care ratings are believed to be more meaningful for residents in need of rehabilitation from their nursing home. Rehabilitation generally utilizes more highly-skilled nursing. Skilled nursing means not merely nursing services, but also physical and speech therapy, as well as other types of therapy. Fortunately, it appear that this nursing home employs registered nurses. Not all facilities employs these skilled professionals. However, based on the data they provided, it does not look like the facility employs physical therapists. The last metric we assessed in this category is the number of patients who were able to leave the facility and return home. We found that 5.8 percent of this facility's patients returned home.
Does this page answer your questions about Enniscourt Nursing Care?
Adding to this facility's impressive resume, we awarded this nursing home a grade of A for our inspections rating. Our inspection scores are tied to many datapoints found on the a nursing home's recent inspection reports. Facilities that receive favorable grades in this category typically have few deficiencies on their reports. Most importantly, these places generally do not have any severe deficiencies which are associated with risks to patient safety. While this place had a few deficiencies on its inspection report, none of them were major deficiencies based on CMS' scale. Finally, this facility had no substantiated complaints this year from residents, which is an excellent sign.
In our final area, we gave this nursing home a grade of A for its nursing score. This wrapped up a very strong report card. There are numerous criteria included in this grade. Most of the factors reflect the quantity and quality of nurse staffing. This nursing home provides 0.5 hours of nursing care per resident per day. Finally, our nursing grades also factor in quality-based assessments, such as avoiding major falls. This facility performed well in this area. Avoiding major falls is typically a good indicator that a facility has reliable quality controls in place. Major falls can typically be avoided if more nurses aids and better safety protocols are in place.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
Enniscourt Nursing Care Quality Metrics
Minimizes Pressure Ulcers
In Enniscourt Nursing Care, 4.07% of Patients had Pressure Ulcers
This tells you the percentage of residents who suffered from a pressure ulcer. Pressure ulcers are considered to be a barometer of the quality of nursing care . Pressure ulcers, also called bed sores, are often caused by residents not being moved frequently enough.
Minimizes Serious Falls
In Enniscourt Nursing Care, 15.56% of Patients had Serious Falls
This indicates the percent of long-term residents who have had falls resulting in severe injury. This is one of the statistics we use in computing our nursing ratings.
Minimizes Urinary Tract Infections
In Enniscourt Nursing Care, 1.53% of Patients had UTIs
This indicates the percentage of residents that sustained a urinary tract infection. UTI's are considered by many experts to be a barometer of nursing care . UTI's are routinely linked to a facility with worst hygiene practices. However, this metric may be misleading for certain nursing homes due to different reporting standards for urinary tract infections.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Psychotic Medication
In Enniscourt Nursing Care, 26.4% of Patients use Anti-Psychotic Medication
This tells you the percentage of patients given antipsychotic drugs. Antipsychotic medications are given to residents for many medical conditions, such as dementia. Tragically, in some situations, increased usage of these drugs may indicate a nursing home is using these medications to control patient behavior.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Anxiety Medication
In Enniscourt Nursing Care, 22.96% of Patients use Anti-Anxiety Medication
This statistic gauges the percent of long-term residents who were administered antianxiety medication. These drugs are typically given to residents experiencing depression and anxiety.
Managing Depression Among Residents
In Enniscourt Nursing Care, 1.61% of Patients
This metric is a measure of the percentage of long-term residents exhibiting depressive symptoms. Some experts argue that this is a measure of resident quality of care.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In Enniscourt Nursing Care, 96.8% of Patients
This metric is a measure of the percentage of long-term patients who were vaccinated against pneumonia and flu.
Residents Maintain Autonomy
In Enniscourt Nursing Care, 6.98% of Patients
This indicates the percent of residents who needed more assistance with activities of daily living over time.
Ability to Keep Residents Mobile
In Enniscourt Nursing Care, 11.55% of Residents
This tells you the percent of patients that maintained mobility over time. Preserving mobility is usually a good sign for residents' health.
In Enniscourt Nursing Care, 0.03 Hospitalizations per 1,000 resident days
This tells you the number of times residents are hospitalized per thousand days of care. There is usually a correlation between keeping patients out of the hospital and the overall quality of nursing home care.
Short-term Care: Rehospitalizations
In Enniscourt Nursing Care, 11.55% of Residents Rehospitalized
This datapoint is a measure of the number of times residents are rehospitalized per thousand days of short-term resident care.
Short-term Care: ER Visits
In Enniscourt Nursing Care, 16.96% of Patients
This metric tracks the number of emergency room visits per 1,000 days of short-term patient care.
Short-term Care: Facilitates Functional Improvement
In Enniscourt Nursing Care, 80.81% of Resident
This datapoint is a measure of the percent of short-term care residents that experienced functional improvements.
- Fairview HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 3.15 miles away18101 Lorain Avenue Cleveland Ohio 44111Voluntary non-profit - Private(216) 476-7000
- Lutheran HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 3.93 miles away1730 West 25th Street Cleveland Ohio 44113Voluntary non-profit - Private(216) 696-4300
- Metrohealth SystemAcute Care Hospitals 4.6 miles away2500 Metrohealth Drive Cleveland Ohio 44109Voluntary non-profit - Other(216) 778-7089
- St Vincent Charity Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 5.61 miles away2351 East 22nd Street Cleveland Ohio 44115Voluntary non-profit - Private(216) 861-6200
- Southwest General Health CenterAcute Care Hospitals 8.28 miles away18697 Bagley Road Cleveland Ohio 44130Voluntary non-profit - Private(440) 816-6701
- Cleveland ClinicAcute Care Hospitals 8.38 miles away9500 Euclid Avenue Cleveland Ohio 44195Voluntary non-profit - Private(216) 445-8400
- Uh St John Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 8.88 miles away29000 Center Ridge Road Westlake Ohio 44145Voluntary non-profit - Private(440) 835-8000
- Rainbow Babies and Childrens HospitalChildrens 9.15 miles away11100 Euclid Avenue Cleveland Ohio 44106Voluntary non-profit - Other(216) 844-1000
- Fmc - Lakewood Ohio Dialysis0.34 miles away13900 Detroit Avenue Lakewood Ohio 44107Dialysis Stations: 12 (216) 221-3034
- Davita - Detroit Road Dialysis2.21 miles away7901 Detroit Avenue Cleveland Ohio 44102Dialysis Stations: 23 (216) 961-6498
- Davita - Hilliard Dialysis2.87 miles away19133 Hilliard Blvd Rocky River Ohio 44116CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 18 (216) 712-4700
- Fmc - Farnsworth Dialysis4.4 miles away3280 W 25th St Cleveland Ohio 44109CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 25 (216) 739-0500
- Community Dialysis Center4.41 miles away3330 West 25th Cleveland Ohio 44109CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 30 (216) 741-5776
- Davita - Ridge Park Dialysis5.19 miles away4805 Pearl Road Cleveland Ohio 44109CMS Rating: 5 stars Dialysis Stations: 13 (216) 398-6029
- Fmc - Cleveland Clinic West5.64 miles away14670 Snow Road Brookpark Ohio 44142CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 24 (216) 267-1451
- Davita - St Vincent Quadrangle Dialysis5.69 miles away2302 Community College Avenue Cleveland Ohio 44115Dialysis Stations: 13 (216) 574-4805