Englewood Post Acute and Rehabilitation is the lone facility located in Englewood, Colorado. With an overall grade of B+, this looks like a very good nursing home. You could definitely do much worse than this nursing home. Scroll down to find this nursing home's category ratings, which are also impressive. It's hard to poke holes in this place's profile.
Get our free e-book to learn all about your senior care options.
Englewood Post Acute and Rehabilitation
- Nursing Home
- Memory Care
Updated Apr 1, 2023 by Nick Reese
Get pricing and details on Englewood senior living options.Get Pricing
- Accepts Medicare 1
- Accepts Medicaid 1
- No CCRC
- Has Resident Council
- Has Family Council
- For profit - Corporation
- Offers Post-Acute Care
- Offers Inpatient Rehab
- Offers Outpatient Rehab
- Personal Care
- Home Making
- Speech Therapy
- Wound Care
- Occupational Therapy
- Physical Therapy
- Respiratory Therapy
- Nutritional Counseling
- Recreational Therapy
- Lymphedema Care
Get our free e-book to learn all about your senior care options.
Registered Staff Hours
Short-term Care Quality
In addition to earning a strong overall score, this nursing home fared well in short-term care. In fact, we awarded it an A- for that category, which is one of our highest grades. Short-term care grades are based in part on the facility's quantity of skilled nursing services. This includes a broad scope of services, ranging from registered nurses to physical and speech therapists, in addition to other variations of therapy. Fortunately, it appear that this nursing home employs registered nurses. Not every nursing home employs these types of nurses. However, based on the data this nursing home provided, they do not appear to employ physical therapists. Lastly, we assessed the number of patients who were able to return to the community from this facility. We found that 5.6 percent of this facility's residents returned home.
This facility also excelled in the area of inspections. In fact, we awarded it an A- for that area, which is one of our best scores. This is one of the few facilities with an overall score in this range which received multiple category grades this high. Inspection grades weigh several factors, including deficiencies, substantiated complaints and federal fines. You can find more information about each of these items by obtaining copies of nursing homes' inspection reports. This particular nursing home had just a single deficiency on its inspection report and it was not one deemed to pose a threat to patient health or safety. Even some of the best nursing homes receive an occasional ding on their inspection report.
Does this page answer your questions about Englewood Post Acute and Rehabilitation?
Long-term Care Quality
Turning to our third category, this facility also earned a grade of B for its long-term care rating. This is a well above average grade in this area. When facilities receive this kind of grade in long-term care it is usually a good sign for patient care and suggests that the place is well-staffed with nurses and aids. In addition to assessing the quantity of care provided by aids and other staff, we looked at the number of residents vaccinated against pneumonia. This facility vaccinated 100 percent of its patients, which is far higher than the majority of nursing homes. Finally, this place was able to limit hospitalizations. In fact, it had only 0.02 hospitalizations per 1,000 long-term resident days, which is an impressively low figure.
The last area we looked at is nursing. In that area, we gave this facility a very solid grade of B. Our nursing grade includes a handful of components, but the main consideration is the number of nurse hours per patient per week. This nursing home averages 0.3 hours of nursing care per resident per day. Finally, our nursing grades also factor in quality-based assessments, such as avoiding major falls. This facility performed well in this area. Avoiding major falls is typically a good indicator that a place has reliable quality controls in place. Major falls can typically be avoided if more nurses aids and better safety protocols are in place.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
Englewood Post Acute and Rehabilitation Quality Metrics
Minimizes Pressure Ulcers
In Englewood Post Acute and Rehabilitation, 5.67% of Patients had Pressure Ulcers
This datapoint indicates the percentage of long-term patients that suffered from new or worsened pressure ulcers or bed sores. We factor in this statistic in computing our nursing grades.
Minimizes Serious Falls
In Englewood Post Acute and Rehabilitation, 3.72% of Patients had Serious Falls
This indicates the percentage of long-term residents which have experienced a fall leading to major injury. We use this statistic in determining our nursing grades.
Minimizes Urinary Tract Infections
In Englewood Post Acute and Rehabilitation, 2.04% of Patients had UTIs
This tells you the percent of patients that sustained a urinary tract infection. Urinary tract infections are considered to be a barometer of the quality of nursing care . UTI's are routinely caused by poor nursing care. However, this metric can be skewed for certain nursing homes due to varying reporting standards for these infections.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Psychotic Medication
In Englewood Post Acute and Rehabilitation, 17.61% of Patients use Anti-Psychotic Medication
This datapoint gauges the percent of long-term patients receiving antipsychotic medications. While antipsychotic medications play an important role in caring for many residents, it is important to confirm these medications are being used appropriately. In limited cases, increased usage of these drugs may suggest a nursing home is using these medications to control patient behavior.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Anxiety Medication
In Englewood Post Acute and Rehabilitation, 12.49% of Patients use Anti-Anxiety Medication
This is the percent of patients who were prescribed antianxiety medications. These drugs are generally used to treat patients experiencing depression and anxiety.
Managing Depression Among Residents
In Englewood Post Acute and Rehabilitation, 3.91% of Patients
This tells you the percentage of residents who are exhibiting signs of depression. Higher levels of depression may reveal a less hospitable environment.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In Englewood Post Acute and Rehabilitation, 84.62% of Patients
This is the percentage of residents who received the pneumonia and flu vaccines. Higher vaccination rates should be standard at this point.
Residents Maintain Autonomy
In Englewood Post Acute and Rehabilitation, 15.34% Percentage of Patients
This is the percent of residents who needed additional assistance with activities of daily living over time. High levels of dependence on staff for assistance with activities of daily living may be a sign of the erosion of a resident's health.
Ability to Keep Residents Mobile
In Englewood Post Acute and Rehabilitation, 16.01% Percentage of Residents
This datapoint measures the percent of long-term stay residents who remained mobile levels.
In Englewood Post Acute and Rehabilitation, 1.17 Hospitalizations per 1,000 resident days
This datapoint measures the number of times residents are hospitalized per thousand days of patient care. Avoiding the hospital is important to preserving the physical health of residents.
Short-term Care: Rehospitalizations
In Englewood Post Acute and Rehabilitation, 16.01 Percentage of Residents Rehospitalized
This tells you the number of rehospitalizations per thousand days of short-term patient care.
Short-term Care: ER Visits
In Englewood Post Acute and Rehabilitation, 12.31 Percentage of Patients
This metric tracks the number of times residents are sent to the emergency room per thousand days of short-term patient care.
Short-term Care: Facilitates Functional Improvement
In Englewood Post Acute and Rehabilitation, 76.2% Percentage of Resident
This is the percent of short-term care patients that experienced functional improvements, such as enhanced ability to perform activities of daily living.
- Swedish Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 0.14 miles away501 E Hampden Ave Englewood Colorado 80113Proprietary(303) 788-5000
- Centura Health-Porter Adventist HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 1.32 miles away2525 S Downing St Denver Colorado 80210Voluntary non-profit - Private(303) 778-1955
- Centura Health-Littleton Adventist HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 5.24 miles away7700 S Broadway Littleton Colorado 80122Voluntary non-profit - Church(303) 730-8900
- Denver Health Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 5.29 miles away777 Bannock St Denver Colorado 80204Government - State(303) 602-4930
- Rose Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 5.96 miles away4567 E 9th Ave Denver Colorado 80220Proprietary(303) 320-2121
- National Jewish HealthAcute Care Hospitals 6.37 miles away1400 Jackson St Denver Colorado 80206Voluntary non-profit - Private(303) 388-4461
- Saint Joseph HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 6.48 miles away1375 E 19th Ave Denver Colorado 80218Voluntary non-profit - Private(303) 812-2000
- Presbyterian St Lukes Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 6.52 miles away1719 E 19th Ave Denver Colorado 80218Government - State(303) 839-6000
- Englewood Dialysis (Dva)0.55 miles away3247 S Lincoln St Englewood Colorado 80110Dialysis Stations: 18 (303) 761-0600
- West Hampden Dialysis (Fmc)0.91 miles away750 West Hampden Ave #110 Englewood Colorado 80110Dialysis Stations: 12 (303) 789-5400
- South Denver Dialysis (Dva)1.26 miles away850 E Harvard Ave Ste 60 Denver Colorado 80210Dialysis Stations: 17 (303) 744-0559
- Belcaro Dialysis (Dva)4.06 miles away755 S Colorado Blvd Denver Colorado 80246Dialysis Stations: 14 (303) 777-2844
- Pavilion Dialysis (Fmc)5.29 miles away723 Delaware St #m105 Denver Colorado 80204CMS Rating: 5 stars Dialysis Stations: 27 (303) 623-2107
- South Denver Dialysis (Fmc)5.87 miles away3410 S Galena St Suite 100 Denver Colorado 80231Dialysis Stations: 13 (303) 671-2419
- Littleton Dialysis (Dva)5.87 miles away209 W County Line Rd Littleton Colorado 80129Dialysis Stations: 17 (303) 730-7540
- Kidney Center of Lakewood (Ara)6.06 miles away6166 W Alameda Ave Denver Colorado 80226Dialysis Stations: 21 (303) 922-6371