With an address in Englewood, Colorado, Englewood Post Acute and Rehabilitation is one of four available nursing homes in this city. We awarded this facility an overall grade of B+. A score in this range requires solid scores in most areas. This place truly has plenty going for it. The best aspect of this nursing home's strong report card was its short-term care rating. short-term care grades are discussed in the next section
Englewood Post Acute and Rehabilitation
Updated May 1, 2022 by Sara Levinsohn
3575 South Washington Street,
Englewood CO 80110
86.21% estimated occupancy 1
Registered Staff Hours
Short-term Care Quality
To go along with its strong overall grade, we gave this nursing home an A- for our short-term care grade. Our short-term care grades are based on the nursing home's quantity of skilled highly skilled professionals. This means a vast scope of nursing services, ranging from registered nurses to physical and respiratory therapists, as well as other forms of therapy. This facility excelled in the two key staffing areas we looked at. It offered more care from physical therapists and registered nurses than the average nursing home. This is generally an excellent sign. The final measure we assessed in this area is the percentage of residents who ultimately were able to return home from the nursing home. We found that it fared better than most nursing homes in this area with 53.1 percent of its patients returning home.
Building on its strong performance in other categories, we gave this facility an B+ for nursing. When calculating a facility's nursing grade, we weigh the amount of time nurses are with residents and the level of skill of those nurses. This nursing home provides 3.5 hours of nursing care per resident per day. Finally, we also assessed several nursing quality-based metrics and this place excelled in some of these areas. With less than five percent of its residents sustaining pressure ulcers, it performed as well as any place the country in this category. This is generally a good indicator of quality nursing care. Pressure ulcers can frequently be avoided by providing better nursing care, such as by having a protocol of moving patients even once per day.
Does this page answer your questions about Englewood Post Acute and Rehabilitation?
Adding to its impressive category grades, we awarded this nursing home a grade of B+ for our inspections rating. Arguably the most critical factor we consider in computing our inspection grades is deficiencies. These deficiencies can be found on a facility's inspection reports. Nursing homes with higher grades in this category typically avoided the most severe deficiencies involving patient abuse or death. This particular nursing home had just a single deficiency on its inspection report and it was not one deemed to pose a threat to patient health or safety. Even some of the best nursing homes receive an occasional ding on their inspection report.
Long-term Care Quality
The final area we looked at was long-term care. We awarded this facility an acceptable score in this category, with a grade of B-. Although this was not as strong as some of this facility's other scores, it is nevertheless not a terrible score. In the area of long-term care, we analyze the amount of services offered by a nursing home, as opposed to more healthcare-oriented services. After looking at the volume of care provided by nurses aids and other staff, we then analyzed the facility's vaccination records. We were pleased to discover that this nursing home vaccinated 100 percent of its patients against pneumonia. This nursing home was able to keep its patients out of the hospital. While it had 1.81 hospitalizations per one thousand long-term resident days, its risk adjusted statistic was better than most facilities since it had more complicated patients.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
Englewood Post Acute and Rehabilitation Quality Metrics
Minimizes Pressure Ulcers
In Englewood Post Acute and Rehabilitation, 5.94% of Patients had Pressure Ulcers
This tells you the percent of residents that sustained a pressure ulcer. Pressure ulcers, also referred to as bed sores, are often the result of residents not being moved frequently enough. Better nursing protocols reduces the number of pressure ulcers sustained by residents in a nursing home.
Minimizes Serious Falls
In Englewood Post Acute and Rehabilitation, 3.41% of Patients had Serious Falls
This indicates the percentage of residents who suffered from a major fall. Falls leading to severe injuries are considered by many experts to be a measure of the quality of nursing care at a nursing home. Major falls which result in injury are often the result of lower levels of patient supervision.
Minimizes Urinary Tract Infections
In Englewood Post Acute and Rehabilitation, 2.12% of Patients had UTIs
This is the percentage of residents that suffered from a urinary tract infection. These infections are sometimes linked to poorer hygiene.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Psychotic Medication
In Englewood Post Acute and Rehabilitation, 17.3% of Patients use Anti-Psychotic Medication
This tells you the percent of patients given antipsychotic drugs. Antipsychotic drugs are given to residents for a variety of conditions, including dementia. Unfortunately, in some cases, increased usage of these drugs may indicate a facility is using these drugs to subdue residents.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Anxiety Medication
In Englewood Post Acute and Rehabilitation, 12.27% of Patients use Anti-Anxiety Medication
This is an indication of the percentage of long-term patients receiving antianxiety medications.
Managing Depression Among Residents
In Englewood Post Acute and Rehabilitation, 3.71% of Patients
This metric is a measure of the percent of long-term stay patients who are demonstrating symptoms of depression.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In Englewood Post Acute and Rehabilitation, 85.88% of Patients
Measures the percentage of long-term patients that received the flu and pneumonia vaccines.
Residents Maintain Autonomy
In Englewood Post Acute and Rehabilitation, 15.2% Percentage of Patients
This indicates the percentage of patients who needed more assistance with activities of daily living over time.
Ability to Keep Residents Mobile
In Englewood Post Acute and Rehabilitation, 20.54% Percentage of Residents
This is the percent of patients that retained mobility levels over time. Retaining mobility is usually a good sign for residents' health.
In Englewood Post Acute and Rehabilitation, 1.01 Hospitalizations per 1,000 resident days
This tells you the number of times residents are hospitalized per 1,000 days of patient care. There is typically a correlation between staying out of the hospital and the quality of long-term care.
Short-term Care: Rehospitalizations
In Englewood Post Acute and Rehabilitation, 20.54 Percentage of Residents Rehospitalized
Measures the number of times residents are rehospitalized per 1,000 days of short-term care.
Short-term Care: ER Visits
In Englewood Post Acute and Rehabilitation, 11.36 Percentage of Patients
Measures the number of emergency room visits per 1,000 days of short-term patient care. Avoiding emergency medical situations is one way to gauge the well-being of patients during rehabilitation.
Short-term Care: Facilitates Functional Improvement
In Englewood Post Acute and Rehabilitation, 75.04% Percentage of Resident
Measures the percent of short-term stay patients that saw functional improvements, such as enhanced ability to perform activities of daily living. Many in the industry would argue this is a measure of rehabilitation services.
Scores for Englewood, CO
- Overall Rating has a grade of B
- Nurse Rating has a grade of B-plus
- Long-term Care Rating has a grade of C
- Short-term Care Rating has a grade of B-plus
- Inspection Rating has a grade of A-minus
Looking for more options? Englewood, Colorado has 3 other nursing homes
- Swedish Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 0.14 miles away501 E Hampden Ave Englewood Colorado 80113Proprietary(303) 788-5000
- Centura Health-Porter Adventist HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 1.32 miles away2525 S Downing St Denver Colorado 80210Voluntary non-profit - Private(303) 778-1955
- Centura Health-Littleton Adventist HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 5.24 miles away7700 S Broadway Littleton Colorado 80122Voluntary non-profit - Church(303) 730-8900
- Denver Health Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 5.29 miles away777 Bannock St Denver Colorado 80204Government - State(303) 602-4930
- Rose Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 5.96 miles away4567 E 9th Ave Denver Colorado 80220Proprietary(303) 320-2121
- National Jewish HealthAcute Care Hospitals 6.37 miles away1400 Jackson St Denver Colorado 80206Voluntary non-profit - Private(303) 388-4461
- Saint Joseph HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 6.48 miles away1375 E 19th Ave Denver Colorado 80218Voluntary non-profit - Private(303) 812-2000
- Presbyterian St Lukes Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 6.52 miles away1719 E 19th Ave Denver Colorado 80218Government - State(303) 839-6000
- Englewood Dialysis (Dva)0.55 miles away3247 S Lincoln St Englewood Colorado 80110Dialysis Stations: 18 (303) 761-0600
- West Hampden Dialysis (Fmc)0.91 miles away750 West Hampden Ave #110 Englewood Colorado 80110Dialysis Stations: 12 (303) 789-5400
- South Denver Dialysis (Dva)1.26 miles away850 E Harvard Ave Ste 60 Denver Colorado 80210Dialysis Stations: 17 (303) 744-0559
- Belcaro Dialysis (Dva)4.06 miles away755 S Colorado Blvd Denver Colorado 80246Dialysis Stations: 14 (303) 777-2844
- Pavilion Dialysis (Fmc)5.29 miles away723 Delaware St #m105 Denver Colorado 80204CMS Rating: 5 stars Dialysis Stations: 27 (303) 623-2107
- South Denver Dialysis (Fmc)5.87 miles away3410 S Galena St Suite 100 Denver Colorado 80231Dialysis Stations: 13 (303) 671-2419
- Littleton Dialysis (Dva)5.87 miles away209 W County Line Rd Littleton Colorado 80129Dialysis Stations: 17 (303) 730-7540
- Kidney Center of Lakewood (Ara)6.06 miles away6166 W Alameda Ave Denver Colorado 80226Dialysis Stations: 21 (303) 922-6371