Englewood Post Acute and Rehabilitation is one of four available nursing homes located in Englewood, Colorado. With an overall score of A-, this is without a doubt a high quality nursing home. We were so impressed with this nursing home that we ranked it in the top third of all nursing homes in the United States. Keep reading to see this nursing home's category grades, which are also impressive. It is hard to poke holes in this facility's profile.
Englewood Post Acute and Rehabilitation
- Nursing Home
- Memory Care
Updated Sep 1, 2022 by Nick Reese
- Accepts Medicare 1
- Accepts Medicaid 1
- No CCRC
- Has Resident Council
- Has Family Council
- For profit - Corporation
- Offers Post-Acute Care
- Offers Inpatient Rehab
- Offers Outpatient Rehab
- Personal Care
- Home Making
- Speech Therapy
- Wound Care
- Occupational Therapy
- Physical Therapy
- Respiratory Therapy
- Nutritional Counseling
- Recreational Therapy
- Lymphedema Care
Registered Staff Hours
Short-term Care Quality
On top of performing well overall, this facility received an excellent short-term care score. In fact, we gave it an A- in that category. Our short-term care grade is generally employed to measure a facility's rehabilitation services. To provide quality rehabilitation services, nursing homes generally must offer better levels of skilled nursing. Skilled nursing includes registered nurses, physical therapists, occupational therapists and other highly skilled individuals. Fortunately, it looks like this nursing home has registered nurses on staff. Not all nursing homes employs these skilled professionals. However, based on the information they provided, it does not look like the facility employs physical therapists. Finally, we looked at the number of patients who were able to return to the community from this facility. We found that 5.6 percent of this nursing home's patients returned home.
To complement its strong performance in other areas, we awarded this nursing home a grade of B+ for our inspections rating. Nursing ratings are largely tied to the facility's nurse staffing. This particular nursing home provided 0.4 hours of nursing care per resident per day. Finally, we also looked at several nursing quality-based metrics and this place excelled in some of these areas. With less than five percent of its residents sustaining pressure ulcers, it performed as well as any facility the state in this category. This is generally a good indicator of quality nursing care. Pressure ulcers can often be prevented by providing better nursing care, such as by having a system of turning patients at least once a day.
Does this page answer your questions about Englewood Post Acute and Rehabilitation?
We also wanted to point out this facility's nearly flawless government inspections in recent years. We awarded them an impressive grade of B+ in this category. Inspection ratings are tied to several pieces of information found on the a nursing home's recent inspection reports. Places that score well in this area have very few deficiencies on those reports. Most importantly, these facilities generally do not have any severe deficiencies which are associated with endangerment of patients. This particular nursing home had just a single deficiency on its inspection report and it was not one deemed to pose a threat to patient health or safety. Even some of the best nursing homes receive an occasional ding on their inspection report.
Long-term Care Quality
In the last category we assessed, this nursing home was awarded an impressive grade grade of B+ in our long-term care category. With this score, the facility completed a very favorable report card. Facilities that do well in long-term care typically provide patients with better supervision and stay on top of routine medical care. In addition to considering the quantity of care provided by nurses aids and other staff, we looked at the number of residents vaccinated against pneumonia. This nursing home administered the vaccine to 100 percent of its residents. Vaccines are vital to keeping patients healthy. Clearly, this nursing home is doing something right in this area as it also excelled at keeping its patients out of the hospital. Indeed, it had less than one hospitalization per 1,000 long-term resident days, which is an impressively low figure.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
Englewood Post Acute and Rehabilitation Quality Metrics
Minimizes Pressure Ulcers
In Englewood Post Acute and Rehabilitation, 5.86% of Patients had Pressure Ulcers
This tells you the percent of patients who sustained a pressure ulcer. Pressure ulcers are considered by many in the nursing home industry to be an indicator of the quality of nursing care . Pressure ulcers, which are also referred to as bed sores, are routinely the result of patients not being moved frequently enough.
Minimizes Serious Falls
In Englewood Post Acute and Rehabilitation, 3.47% of Patients had Serious Falls
This indicates the percentage of patients who have had a fall which resulted in serious injury.
Minimizes Urinary Tract Infections
In Englewood Post Acute and Rehabilitation, 2.14% of Patients had UTIs
This figure measures the percent of long-term stay residents which had urinary tract infections. UTI's could be an indicator of lower quality nursing care. Nevertheless, this datapoint may also be skewed for certain facilities due to varying reporting standards for urinary tract infections.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Psychotic Medication
In Englewood Post Acute and Rehabilitation, 17.6% of Patients use Anti-Psychotic Medication
This figure is a measure of the percentage of long-term patients taking antipsychotic drugs. While antipsychotic medications serve an important medical purpose, it is important to confirm these medications are being used only where medically required. In limited situations, excessive reliance on these medications may suggest a nursing home is using these drugs to control patient behavior.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Anxiety Medication
In Englewood Post Acute and Rehabilitation, 12.24% of Patients use Anti-Anxiety Medication
This tells you the percent of residents prescribed antianxiety medications. These medications are typically used to treat patients suffering from depression or anxiety.
Managing Depression Among Residents
In Englewood Post Acute and Rehabilitation, 3.81% of Patients
This metric is a measure of the percent of long-term stay patients showing depressive symptoms. Many would argue this is a reasonable measure of resident quality of life.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In Englewood Post Acute and Rehabilitation, 84.99% of Patients
This is a measure of the percent of long-term care residents who were vaccinated against pneumonia and flu.
Residents Maintain Autonomy
In Englewood Post Acute and Rehabilitation, 15.45% Percentage of Patients
This datapoint measures the percent of long-term stay residents that required more assistance with activities of daily living over time. ADL's include activities such as taking medications and eating. Many in the industry would argue that this is a measure of a resident's well-being.
Ability to Keep Residents Mobile
In Englewood Post Acute and Rehabilitation, 19.26% Percentage of Residents
This is a measure of the percentage of long-term stay residents that retained mobility levels. Many in the industry would argue that mobility is critical to residents' mental and physical well-being.
In Englewood Post Acute and Rehabilitation, 1.08 Hospitalizations per 1,000 resident days
This datapoint is a measure of the number of times residents are hospitalized per 1,000 days of patient care.
Short-term Care: Rehospitalizations
In Englewood Post Acute and Rehabilitation, 19.26 Percentage of Residents Rehospitalized
This is the number of rehospitalizations per thousand days of short-term care. There is typically a correlation between reduced hospitalizations and the quality of rehabilitation services.
Short-term Care: ER Visits
In Englewood Post Acute and Rehabilitation, 12.03 Percentage of Patients
This is the number of times residents are sent to the emergency room per thousand days of short-term care. There is typically a correlation between having fewer emergency room visits and the quality of rehabilitation.
Short-term Care: Facilitates Functional Improvement
In Englewood Post Acute and Rehabilitation, 75.71% Percentage of Resident
This indicates the percentage of short-term stay patients who saw functional improvements, such as with activities of daily living. Higher levels of independence with activities of daily living often correlates with higher quality rehabilitation services.
Scores for Englewood, CO
- Overall Rating has a grade of B-plus
- Nurse Rating has a grade of B-plus
- Long-term Care Rating has a grade of B-minus
- Short-term Care Rating has a grade of A-minus
- Inspection Rating has a grade of A-minus
Looking for more options? Englewood, Colorado has 3 other nursing homes
- Swedish Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 0.14 miles away501 E Hampden Ave Englewood Colorado 80113Proprietary(303) 788-5000
- Centura Health-Porter Adventist HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 1.32 miles away2525 S Downing St Denver Colorado 80210Voluntary non-profit - Private(303) 778-1955
- Centura Health-Littleton Adventist HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 5.24 miles away7700 S Broadway Littleton Colorado 80122Voluntary non-profit - Church(303) 730-8900
- Denver Health Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 5.29 miles away777 Bannock St Denver Colorado 80204Government - State(303) 602-4930
- Rose Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 5.96 miles away4567 E 9th Ave Denver Colorado 80220Proprietary(303) 320-2121
- National Jewish HealthAcute Care Hospitals 6.37 miles away1400 Jackson St Denver Colorado 80206Voluntary non-profit - Private(303) 388-4461
- Saint Joseph HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 6.48 miles away1375 E 19th Ave Denver Colorado 80218Voluntary non-profit - Private(303) 812-2000
- Presbyterian St Lukes Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 6.52 miles away1719 E 19th Ave Denver Colorado 80218Government - State(303) 839-6000
- Englewood Dialysis (Dva)0.55 miles away3247 S Lincoln St Englewood Colorado 80110Dialysis Stations: 18 (303) 761-0600
- West Hampden Dialysis (Fmc)0.91 miles away750 West Hampden Ave #110 Englewood Colorado 80110Dialysis Stations: 12 (303) 789-5400
- South Denver Dialysis (Dva)1.26 miles away850 E Harvard Ave Ste 60 Denver Colorado 80210Dialysis Stations: 17 (303) 744-0559
- Belcaro Dialysis (Dva)4.06 miles away755 S Colorado Blvd Denver Colorado 80246Dialysis Stations: 14 (303) 777-2844
- Pavilion Dialysis (Fmc)5.29 miles away723 Delaware St #m105 Denver Colorado 80204CMS Rating: 5 stars Dialysis Stations: 27 (303) 623-2107
- South Denver Dialysis (Fmc)5.87 miles away3410 S Galena St Suite 100 Denver Colorado 80231Dialysis Stations: 13 (303) 671-2419
- Littleton Dialysis (Dva)5.87 miles away209 W County Line Rd Littleton Colorado 80129Dialysis Stations: 17 (303) 730-7540
- Kidney Center of Lakewood (Ara)6.06 miles away6166 W Alameda Ave Denver Colorado 80226Dialysis Stations: 21 (303) 922-6371