Encore at Boca Raton Rehabilitation and Nursing Center is a facility in Boca Raton, Florida, a city with a population of 210,202 people. We awarded this nursing home an B+ overall grade, ranking it in the top third of all nursing homes in the nation. Even in a city offering 11 other nursing homes, this one caught our attention as a very fine choice. This facility also received very consistent grades in each of our categories. More information about its category grades is available below.
Encore at Boca Raton Rehabilitation and Nursing Center
- Nursing Home
Updated Sep 1, 2022 by Nick Lata
7300 Del Prado Circle South,
Boca Raton FL 33433
89.22% estimated occupancy 1
- Accepts Medicare 1
- Accepts Medicaid 1
- No CCRC
- Has Resident Council
- No Family Council
- For profit - Corporation
- Offers Hospice
- Offers Post-Acute Care
- Offers Respite Care
- Offers Inpatient Rehab
- Offers Outpatient Rehab
- Home Making
- Speech Therapy
- Stroke Recovery
- Amputee Recovery
- IV Antibiotic Therapy
- Palliative Care
- Wound Care
- Occupational Therapy
- Cardiac Therapy
- Diabetes Management
- Physical Therapy
- Respiratory Therapy
- Nutritional Counseling
- Recreational Therapy
- Pain Management
- Bariatric Care
- Orthopedic Rehabilitation
Registered Staff Hours
Short-term Care Quality
In addition to being a quality facility overall, this nursing home excelled in the category of short-term care, where it received an A. With our short-term care assessment, we try to create a fair measure for rehabilitation services. In this process, we assess the nursing home's level of highly-skilled nursing services, including both registered nurses and physical therapy, as well as respiratory therapy. Fortunately, it appear that this nursing home has registered nurses on staff. Not every facility employs these types of nurses. On the other hand, based on the information this nursing home provided, they do not appear to employ physical therapists. Finally, we considered the number of residents who were able to return to the community from this nursing home. We found that 5.9 percent of this nursing home's residents returned home.
Long-term Care Quality
This facility also was given a favorable long-term care grade. In fact, we awarded it an above average grade of B+ in this category. When nursing homes receive this type of grade in long-term care it is typically a good sign for patient care and indicates that the place is well-staffed with nurses and aids. Once we assessed the quantity of care provided by nurses aids and other staff, we then looked at the facility's vaccination record. This facility vaccinated 100 percent of its residents for pneumonia. Vaccines are critical to keeping residents out of the hospital. Clearly, this nursing home is doing something right in this area as it also excelled at keeping its residents out of the hospital. It had only 0.03 hospitalizations per one thousand long-term resident days, which is a remarkably low figure.
Does this page answer your questions about Encore at Boca Raton Rehabilitation and Nursing Center?
In addition, this nursing home also earned top notch inspections in recent years. We gave them one of our better scores in that area, with an impressive grade of B+. We take several aspects of a facility's inspection report into consideration in computing our inspection scores. One of those factors is deficiencies. You should keep in mind that the severity of deficiencies is arguably more meaningful than the number of deficiencies, as some of these can be relatively minor. Fortunately, although this place had some minor dings on its inspection report, it had zero severe deficiencies. Severe deficiencies are labeled as categories G, H, I, J, K and L. This tells you that CMS didn't consider any of the deficiencies on this facility's report to pose an imminent threat to patient health or safety. Keep in mind that deficiency-free inspections are rare in the industry.
The last area we looked at was nursing. We awarded this nursing home one of our more favorable grades in this category, with a B. This nursing home ended up being relatively strong across the board. We analyzed the licensure of nurses employed by the nursing home, as well as the quantity of hours those nurses spent with residents, in computing our score in this area. This nursing home provides 0.4 hours of nursing care per resident per day. Finally, our nursing grades also factor in quality-based assessments, such as avoiding major falls. This facility performed well in this area. Avoiding major falls is typically a good indicator that a nursing home has reliable quality controls in place. Major falls can many times be avoided if more nurses aids and better safety protocols are in place.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
Encore at Boca Raton Rehabilitation and Nursing Center Quality Metrics
Minimizes Pressure Ulcers
In Encore at Boca Raton Rehabilitation and Nursing Center, 9.08% of Patients had Pressure Ulcers
This tells you the percentage of residents that have had a pressure ulcer. Pressure ulcers are considered by many in the nursing home industry to be a measure of nursing care . Pressure ulcers, which are also called bed sores, are routinely the result of residents staying in one position for too long.
Minimizes Serious Falls
In Encore at Boca Raton Rehabilitation and Nursing Center, 2.82% of Patients had Serious Falls
This datapoint gauges the percentage of long-term residents that had falls which caused severe injury. Falls can arise for a variety of reasons, but high rates of major falls may be an indication of lower quality nursing care.
Minimizes Urinary Tract Infections
In Encore at Boca Raton Rehabilitation and Nursing Center, 1.81% of Patients had UTIs
This indicates the percentage of patients who suffered from a urinary tract infection. Urinary tract infections are routinely linked to poor nursing care. More frequent bathing reduces the number likelihood of residents sustaining infections. We want to point out that this statistic is sometimes skewed by the fact that facilities have incongruent reporting standards for infections.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Psychotic Medication
In Encore at Boca Raton Rehabilitation and Nursing Center, 10.64% of Patients use Anti-Psychotic Medication
This tells you the percent of long-term patients that were given antipsychotic drugs. High levels of antipsychotic drug use may indicate a nursing home is using these drugs to control patient behavior in scenarios where such drugs aren't medically required. Nevertheless, some facilities may need to rely on these medications due to having more patients with Alzheimer's or other dementias.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Anxiety Medication
In Encore at Boca Raton Rehabilitation and Nursing Center, 21.27% of Patients use Anti-Anxiety Medication
This tells you the percent of residents given antianxiety drugs. These drugs are used to treat patients suffering from depression and anxiety.
Managing Depression Among Residents
In Encore at Boca Raton Rehabilitation and Nursing Center, 2.33% of Patients
This metric is a measure of the percent of long-term care patients demonstrating signs of depression. Many argue this is a measure of resident quality of care.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In Encore at Boca Raton Rehabilitation and Nursing Center, 94.94% of Patients
This indicates the percent of residents who were administered the flu and pneumonia vaccines. Higher vaccination rates should be the norm at this point.
Residents Maintain Autonomy
In Encore at Boca Raton Rehabilitation and Nursing Center, 13.07% Percentage of Patients
This indicates the percentage of patients who required additional assistance with activities of daily living over time. Higher levels of dependence on staff for assistance with ADL's may be a sign of erosion of a resident's well-being.
Ability to Keep Residents Mobile
In Encore at Boca Raton Rehabilitation and Nursing Center, 16.78% Percentage of Residents
Measures the percent of long-term care residents that retained mobility levels.
In Encore at Boca Raton Rehabilitation and Nursing Center, 1.76 Hospitalizations per 1,000 resident days
This is the number of times residents are hospitalized per thousand days of patient care. There is a correlation between keeping patients out of the hospital and the quality of nursing home care.
Short-term Care: Rehospitalizations
In Encore at Boca Raton Rehabilitation and Nursing Center, 16.78 Percentage of Residents Rehospitalized
This tells you the number of rehospitalizations per 1,000 days of short-term care.
Short-term Care: ER Visits
In Encore at Boca Raton Rehabilitation and Nursing Center, 9.16 Percentage of Patients
This datapoint is a measure of the number of emergency room visits per 1,000 days of short-term care. Avoiding medical emergencies is one way to measure the well-being of patients during rehabilitation.
Short-term Care: Facilitates Functional Improvement
In Encore at Boca Raton Rehabilitation and Nursing Center, 78.49% Percentage of Resident
This metric is a measure of the percentage of short-term patients who experienced functional improvements.
Scores for Boca Raton, FL
- Overall Rating has a grade of A-minus
- Nurse Rating has a grade of B-plus
- Long-term Care Rating has a grade of A-minus
- Short-term Care Rating has a grade of A
- Inspection Rating has a grade of A-minus
Looking for more options? Boca Raton, Florida has 10 other nursing homes
- West Boca Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 2.76 miles away21644 State Rd 7 Boca Raton Florida 33428Proprietary(561) 488-8100
- Boca Raton Regional HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 3.61 miles away800 Meadows Rd Boca Raton Florida 33486Voluntary non-profit - Private(561) 362-5002
- Broward Health NorthAcute Care Hospitals 5.67 miles away201 E Sample Rd Pompano Beach Florida 33064Government - Hospital District or Authority(954) 786-6950
- Delray Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 6.39 miles away5352 Linton Blvd Delray Beach Florida 33484Proprietary(561) 498-4440
- Northwest Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 6.76 miles away2801 N State Rd 7 Pompano Beach Florida 33063Proprietary(954) 974-0400
- Broward Health Coral SpringsAcute Care Hospitals 8.4 miles away3000 Coral Hills Dr Pompano Beach Florida 33065Government - Hospital District or Authority(954) 344-3000
- University Hospital and Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 11.47 miles away7201 N University Dr Fort Lauderdale Florida 33321Proprietary(954) 721-2200
- Holy Cross HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 11.58 miles away4725 N Federal Hwy Fort Lauderdale Florida 33308Voluntary non-profit - Church(954) 771-8000
- Deerfield Beach Dialysis2.8 miles away1983 W Hillsboro Blvd Deerfield Beach Florida 33442Dialysis Stations: 12 (954) 426-3350
- Pinnacle Dialysis of Boca Raton3.07 miles away2900 N Military Trail Suite 195 Boca Raton Florida 33431CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 27 (561) 241-6667
- West Boca Dialysis Center3.07 miles away19801 Hampton Dr Boca Raton Florida 33434Dialysis Stations: 19 (561) 488-0202
- Boca Raton Artificial Kidney Center3.68 miles away998 Nw 9th Ct Boca Raton Florida 33486Dialysis Stations: 14 (561) 392-3940
- Lighthouse Point Dialysis3.73 miles away200 Sw Natura Ave Deerfield Beach Florida 33441CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 16 (954) 426-3350
- Dialyze Direct Fl4.01 miles away1601 Clint Moore Ave #160 Boca Raton Florida 33487Dialysis Stations: 1 (561) 609-3100
- Ara - Boca Raton Dialysis LLC4.05 miles away1905 Clint Moore Rd Ste 211 Boca Raton Florida 33496CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 21 (561) 893-6878
- Boca/Delray Renal Associates Inc4.05 miles away1905 Clint Moore Rd Ste 306 Boca Raton Florida 33496Dialysis Stations: 14 (561) 988-7100