Encore at Boca Raton Rehabilitation and Nursing Center is a large nursing home in Boca Raton, Florida. We awarded this facility an A- overall grade, ranking it in the top 25 percent of all nursing homes in the country. We really can't say enough great things about this place. This place also received consistently good scores in all of the major categories. Additional information about these categories is available below.
Get our free e-book to learn all about your senior care options.
Encore at Boca Raton Rehabilitation and Nursing Center
- Nursing Home
Updated Apr 1, 2023 by Nick Lata
Get pricing and details on Boca Raton senior living options.Get Pricing
- Accepts Medicare 1
- Accepts Medicaid 1
- No CCRC
- Has Resident Council
- No Family Council
- For profit - Corporation
- Offers Hospice
- Offers Post-Acute Care
- Offers Respite Care
- Offers Inpatient Rehab
- Offers Outpatient Rehab
- Home Making
- Speech Therapy
- Stroke Recovery
- Amputee Recovery
- IV Antibiotic Therapy
- Palliative Care
- Wound Care
- Occupational Therapy
- Cardiac Therapy
- Diabetes Management
- Physical Therapy
- Respiratory Therapy
- Nutritional Counseling
- Recreational Therapy
- Pain Management
- Bariatric Care
- Orthopedic Rehabilitation
Get our free e-book to learn all about your senior care options.
Registered Staff Hours
Short-term Care Quality
We also wanted to emphasize the fact that this facility received an impressive grade of A in our short-term care category. Our short-term care scores are thought to be more meaningful for people requiring a nursing home for rehabilitation. Rehabilitation typically mandates higher levels of skilled nursing services. Skilled nursing means not only nursing, but also physical and speech therapy, as well as other variations of therapy. Fortunately, it looks like this nursing home employs registered nurses. Not all facilities employs these types of nurses. On the other hand, based on the information they provided, it does not look like the facility employs physical therapists. The final metric we considered in this area is the percentage of residents who were able to leave the facility and return to the community. We found that 5.9 percent of this nursing home's residents were able to return home.
In addition, this facility also earned a nearly flawless inspection report. As a result, it received one of our highest grades in that category with an A-. We take several aspects of a facility's inspection report into consideration in computing our inspection scores. One key factor is health deficiencies. You should keep in mind that the severity of the deficiencies is usually more meaningful than the quantity of deficiencies, as some deficiencies are quite insignificant. While this facility had some deficiencies on its government inspection report, none of them were serious based on CMS' scale. We should note that deficiency-free inspections are rare in the industry.
Does this page answer your questions about Encore at Boca Raton Rehabilitation and Nursing Center?
Long-term Care Quality
Turning to an additional strength for this facility, we awarded them one of our higher grades in our long-term care category as well, with a B+. Long-term care scores in this range generally require both 24/7 care from nurses and aids, as well as quality routine healthcare services. In addition to assessing the quantity of care provided by nurses aids and other staff, we also looked at the percentage of residents vaccinated for pneumonia. This nursing home provided the vaccine to 100 percent of its patients, which is significantly higher than most nursing homes. Clearly, this place is doing something right in this area as it also excelled at keeping its residents out of the hospital. In fact, it had less than one hospitalization per 1,000 long-term resident days, which is an impressively low figure.
In the final category we looked at, this facility was awarded an impressive grade grade of B+ in our nursing category. With this grade, the nursing home completed a very favorable profile. Our nursing grade analyzes the facility's level of nurse staffing. We weigh both the levels of licensure of the nurses as well as the number of hours spent with patients. This nursing home provides 0.4 hours of nursing care per resident per day. Finally, we also looked at several nursing quality measures and this place excelled in some of these areas. With less than five percent of its residents sustaining pressure ulcers, it performed as well as any nursing home the nation in this category. This is generally a good indicator of quality nursing care. Pressure ulcers can typically be avoided by providing better nursing care, such as by having a protocol of turning a patient more often.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
Encore at Boca Raton Rehabilitation and Nursing Center Quality Metrics
Minimizes Pressure Ulcers
In Encore at Boca Raton Rehabilitation and Nursing Center, 11.49% of Patients had Pressure Ulcers
This indicates the percentage of patients that sustained a pressure ulcer. Pressure ulcers are considered to be an indicator of the quality of nursing care . Pressure ulcers, also referred to as bed sores, are often the result of patients staying in one position for too long.
Minimizes Serious Falls
In Encore at Boca Raton Rehabilitation and Nursing Center, 3.47% of Patients had Serious Falls
This statistic is an indication of the percent of long-term care residents which had falls resulting in serious injury. Falls can happen for a variety of reasons, but excessive numbers of falls may be a sign of lower levels of patient supervision.
Minimizes Urinary Tract Infections
In Encore at Boca Raton Rehabilitation and Nursing Center, 0.88% of Patients had UTIs
This gauges the percentage of long-term stay residents which experienced UTI's. Although more of these infections may reflect poorly on a facility's hygiene protocols, it is difficult to compare between nursing homes due to reporting standards.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Psychotic Medication
In Encore at Boca Raton Rehabilitation and Nursing Center, 5.45% of Patients use Anti-Psychotic Medication
This datapoint tells you the percentage of long-term patients which are administered antipsychotic medication. High levels of antipsychotic drug use may mean a nursing home is using these medications to control patient behavior in situations where such drugs are not medically indicated. However, some nursing homes need to rely more on these medications due to an increased number of patients with Alzheimer's or other dementias.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Anxiety Medication
In Encore at Boca Raton Rehabilitation and Nursing Center, 15.17% of Patients use Anti-Anxiety Medication
This statistic is an indication of the percent of long-term patients receiving antianxiety medications.
Managing Depression Among Residents
In Encore at Boca Raton Rehabilitation and Nursing Center, 5.03% of Patients
This datapoint is a measure of the percent of long-term stay patients who are demonstrating symptoms of depression.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In Encore at Boca Raton Rehabilitation and Nursing Center, 100% of Patients
This metric measures the percent of long-term care patients who were given the pneumonia and flu vaccines. Respiratory viruses can be very dangerous for nursing home residents, making these types of vaccines important for resident well-being.
Residents Maintain Autonomy
In Encore at Boca Raton Rehabilitation and Nursing Center, 9.75% of Patients
This indicates the percentage of residents that needed additional assistance with activities of daily living over time.
Ability to Keep Residents Mobile
In Encore at Boca Raton Rehabilitation and Nursing Center, 8.67% of Residents
This metric tracks the percent of long-term patients who remained mobile levels. Some experts would argue that mobility is important for patients physical and mental well-being.
In Encore at Boca Raton Rehabilitation and Nursing Center, 0.03 Hospitalizations per 1,000 resident days
This datapoint measures the number of times residents are hospitalized per 1,000 days of patient care.
Short-term Care: Rehospitalizations
In Encore at Boca Raton Rehabilitation and Nursing Center, 8.67% of Residents Rehospitalized
This is the number of rehospitalizations per 1,000 days of short-term patient care.
Short-term Care: ER Visits
In Encore at Boca Raton Rehabilitation and Nursing Center, 9.24% of Patients
This metric tracks the number of emergency room visits per 1,000 days of short-term patient care.
Short-term Care: Facilitates Functional Improvement
In Encore at Boca Raton Rehabilitation and Nursing Center, 90.99% of Resident
This tells you the percent of short-term care patients that saw functional improvements, such as enhanced ability to perform activities of daily living.
Scores for Boca Raton, FL
- Overall Rating has a grade of A-minus
- Nurse Rating has a grade of B-plus
- Long-term Care Rating has a grade of A-minus
- Short-term Care Rating has a grade of A-minus
- Inspection Rating has a grade of A
Looking for more options? Boca Raton, Florida has 3 other nursing homes
- West Boca Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 2.76 miles away21644 State Rd 7 Boca Raton Florida 33428Proprietary(561) 488-8100
- Boca Raton Regional HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 3.61 miles away800 Meadows Rd Boca Raton Florida 33486Voluntary non-profit - Private(561) 362-5002
- Broward Health NorthAcute Care Hospitals 5.67 miles away201 E Sample Rd Pompano Beach Florida 33064Government - Hospital District or Authority(954) 786-6950
- Delray Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 6.39 miles away5352 Linton Blvd Delray Beach Florida 33484Proprietary(561) 498-4440
- Northwest Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 6.76 miles away2801 N State Rd 7 Pompano Beach Florida 33063Proprietary(954) 974-0400
- Broward Health Coral SpringsAcute Care Hospitals 8.4 miles away3000 Coral Hills Dr Pompano Beach Florida 33065Government - Hospital District or Authority(954) 344-3000
- University Hospital and Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 11.47 miles away7201 N University Dr Fort Lauderdale Florida 33321Proprietary(954) 721-2200
- Holy Cross HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 11.58 miles away4725 N Federal Hwy Fort Lauderdale Florida 33308Voluntary non-profit - Church(954) 771-8000
- Deerfield Beach Dialysis2.8 miles away1983 W Hillsboro Blvd Deerfield Beach Florida 33442Dialysis Stations: 12 (954) 426-3350
- Pinnacle Dialysis of Boca Raton3.07 miles away2900 N Military Trail Suite 195 Boca Raton Florida 33431CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 27 (561) 241-6667
- West Boca Dialysis Center3.07 miles away19801 Hampton Dr Boca Raton Florida 33434Dialysis Stations: 19 (561) 488-0202
- Boca Raton Artificial Kidney Center3.68 miles away998 Nw 9th Ct Boca Raton Florida 33486Dialysis Stations: 14 (561) 392-3940
- Lighthouse Point Dialysis3.73 miles away200 Sw Natura Ave Deerfield Beach Florida 33441CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 16 (954) 426-3350
- Dialyze Direct Fl4.01 miles away1601 Clint Moore Ave #160 Boca Raton Florida 33487Dialysis Stations: 1 (561) 609-3100
- Ara - Boca Raton Dialysis LLC4.05 miles away1905 Clint Moore Rd Ste 211 Boca Raton Florida 33496CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 21 (561) 893-6878
- Boca/Delray Renal Associates Inc4.05 miles away1905 Clint Moore Rd Ste 306 Boca Raton Florida 33496Dialysis Stations: 14 (561) 988-7100