Encino Hospital Medical Center D/P Snf is a small nursing home located in Encino, California. With a bottom of the barrel overall grade of F, this facility isn't high on our list. If you are not satisfied with this facility's pedestrian overall grade, you may have to look in other cities as this is the only nursing home in Encino. Despite all this, one of the few highlights of this nursing home's profile is its strong inspection reports. You can scroll down to find out about inspections and other category grades
Get our free e-book to learn all about your senior care options.
Encino Hospital Medical Center D/P Snf
- Nursing Home
Updated Nov 1, 2023 by Nick Lata
Get pricing and details on Encino senior living options.Get Pricing
- Accepts Medicare 1
- Accepts Medicaid 1
- No CCRC
- Has Resident Council
- Has Family Council
- For profit - Corporation
- Offers Post-Acute Care
- Offers Inpatient Rehab
- Medication Management
- Home Making
- Speech Therapy
- Stroke Recovery
- Amputee Recovery
- IV Antibiotic Therapy
- Wound Care
- Occupational Therapy
- Cardiac Therapy
- Tracheotomy Care
- Mental Health
- Physical Therapy
- Respiratory Therapy
- Orthopedic Rehabilitation
Get our free e-book to learn all about your senior care options.
Registered Staff Hours
Although this nursing home's overall grade was terrible, it actually fared pretty well in the area of inspections. In fact, we awarded it a grade of B for that category, which is one of our better scores. We weigh several aspects of a nursing home's inspection report in computing these inspection scores. One critical factor is health deficiencies. You should keep in mind that the severity of the deficiencies is arguably more important than the number of deficiencies, as some are relatively minor. This place was assessed 5 deficiencies on its inspection report, but fortunately none were considered to be severe. This tells you that the inspectors did not consider any of these deficiencies an imminent risk to resident safety or health. A couple minor deficiencies aren't necessarily the end of the world.
Short-term Care Quality
We gave this nursing home a grade of just D for our short-term care score and that actually wound up as its next most favorable category. With our short-term care grade, we endeavor to create a valuable gauge for rehabilitation services. In doing so, we assess a facility's offerings of skilled nursing services, including both registered nurses and physical therapy, as well as occupational therapy. Based on its grade in this category, we were not surprised to find that this nursing home is well below average in terms of its quantity of registered nurse and physical therapy hours offered to its patients based on the metrics we assessed. Frankly, this was about what we expected to find. The final datapoint we looked at in this area is the number of residents who were able to leave the nursing home and return to the community. We discovered that just 0 percent of this facility's patients were able to return home, which is well below average. The combination of these subpar metrics doomed this facility's short-term care grade.
Does this page answer your questions about Encino Hospital Medical Center D/P Snf?
We also wanted to draw your attention to this facility's poor nursing grade where it received an F. Nursing scores are based in large part on quality and quantity of nursing care. This nursing home provided just 0.3 hours of nursing care per patient each day. Finally, we also looked at some nursing quality-based metrics in computing our nursing ratings. This facility fared well in terms of minimizing its residents' pressure ulcers and major falls.
Long-term Care Quality
Switching gears to our last area, this facility did not perform well here either. With a very poor grade of F in long-term care, this is about as terrible as it gets. For patients seeking a permanent place to live as opposed to rehabilitation, long-term care is an important category. On top of assessing the volume of care provided by nurses and other staff, we also looked at the percentage of residents vaccinated for pneumonia. This facility vaccinated 96.969696 percent of its residents. To our surprise, this place also fared well at keeping its patients out of the hospital. Indeed, it had only 0 hospitalizations per 1,000 long-term resident days. Sadly, some of its other scores in this category were not as favorable as these.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
Encino Hospital Medical Center D/P Snf Quality Metrics
Minimizes Pressure Ulcers
In Encino Hospital Medical Center D/P Snf, 18.56% of Patients had Pressure Ulcers
This is the percent of patients who sustained a pressure ulcer. Pressure ulcers are skin damage due to staying in one position for an excessive period of time.
Minimizes Serious Falls
In Encino Hospital Medical Center D/P Snf, 0% of Patients had Serious Falls
This figure is a measure of the percentage of long-term stay residents that sustained a fall leading to severe injury. We use this statistic in calculating nursing ratings.
Minimizes Urinary Tract Infections
In Encino Hospital Medical Center D/P Snf, 12.12% of Patients had UTIs
This indicates the percent of residents who sustained a urinary tract infection. Urinary tract infections are routinely linked to lower quality nursing care. More frequent bathing reduces the percentage of residents in a nursing home who suffer from UTI's. Note that this statistic is sometimes skewed by the fact that nursing homes have different reporting standards for urinary tract infections.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Psychotic Medication
In Encino Hospital Medical Center D/P Snf, 0% of Patients use Anti-Psychotic Medication
This is the percent of patients given antipsychotic medications. These medications are used for treating several medical conditions, including cognitive disorders.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Anxiety Medication
In Encino Hospital Medical Center D/P Snf, 13.13% of Patients use Anti-Anxiety Medication
This metric tells you the percent of long-term care patients receiving antianxiety drugs.
Managing Depression Among Residents
In Encino Hospital Medical Center D/P Snf, 0% of Patients
This metric measures the percent of long-term stay residents who are demonstrating signs of depression. Many believe this is a reliable measure of patient quality of care.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In Encino Hospital Medical Center D/P Snf, 97.5% of Patients
This is the percentage of residents who were given the flu and pneumonia vaccines. Higher vaccination rates should be demanded by residents.
- Sherman Oaks HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 2.19 miles away4929 Van Nuys Blvd Sherman Oaks California 91403Voluntary non-profit - Private(818) 981-7111
- Providence Tarzana Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 2.74 miles away18321 Clark Street Tarzana California 91356Voluntary non-profit - Private(818) 881-0800
- Northridge Hospital Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 5.21 miles away18300 Roscoe Blvd Northridge California 91325Voluntary non-profit - Private(818) 885-8500
- Resnick Neuropsychiatric Hospital at UclaPsychiatric 6.84 miles away150 Medical Plaza-Rm-4230c Los Angeles California 90095Government - State(310) 825-6962
- Ronald Reagan U C L a Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 6.9 miles away757 Westwood Plaza Los Angeles California 90095Government - State(310) 825-6301
- Pacifica Hospital of the ValleyAcute Care Hospitals 7.73 miles away9449 San Fernando Rd Sun Valley California 91352Proprietary(818) 767-3310
- Cedars-Sinai Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 8.4 miles away8700 Beverly Blvd Los Angeles California 90048Voluntary non-profit - Other(310) 423-5000
- Providence Holy Cross Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 8.56 miles away15031 Rinaldi St Mission Hills California 91346Voluntary non-profit - Church(818) 365-8051
- Davita-South Valley Dialysis2.02 miles away17815 Ventura Blvd., Suite 100 Encino California 91316CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 25 (818) 757-4520
- u.s. Renal Care Sherman Oaks Dialysis2.17 miles away4955 Van Nuys Blvd., Suite 111 Sherman Oaks California 91403Dialysis Stations: 18 (818) 285-5913
- Fmc-Van Nuys2.36 miles away14812 Oxnard Street Van Nuys California 91411CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 25 (818) 781-7888
- Davita-Valley Dialysis Center3.62 miles away6840 Sepulveda Blvd, Suite 101 Van Nuys California 91405CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 32 (818) 779-1450
- Davita Van Nuys Dialysis3.75 miles away14434 Sherman Way Van Nuys California 91405Dialysis Stations: 37 (818) 787-8225
- u.s. Renal Care Van Nuys Dialysis3.82 miles away14624 Sherman Way, Suite 106 Van Nuys California 91405CMS Rating: 2 stars Dialysis Stations: 14 (818) 994-2333
- u.s. Renal Care Northridge Dialysis4.51 miles away18546 Roscoe Blvd., Suite 108 Northridge California 91324CMS Rating: 2 stars Dialysis Stations: 24 (818) 886-3771
- u.s. Renal Care Panorama City Dialysis4.9 miles away14600 Roscoe Blvd. Panorama City California 91402CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 36 (818) 901-9822